The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shady deals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-31-10, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shady deals"
So now that the season is over, what is the latest (if it was ever true) on the Parvati-Russell-secret pre existing alliance-producer interference-rumor?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shady deals Snidget 05-31-10 1
   RE: Shady deals Round Robin 06-01-10 2
       RE: Shady deals Snidget 06-02-10 6
 RE: Shady deals Outfrontgirl 06-01-10 3
   RE: Shady deals Round Robin 06-02-10 4
       RE: Shady deals Outfrontgirl 06-02-10 5
           RE: Shady deals Snidget 06-02-10 7
               RE: Shady deals Outfrontgirl 07-23-10 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-31-10, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shady deals"
I've read some rumors the casting person (Erica I think the name is who is Parv's friend as well as a friend of a lot of other people who have been cast over the last few years) has been let go over Parv visiting during the Samoa season and possibly having seen some footage of that season.

I don't really have a link, just seen that tidbit on some boards.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-01-10, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shady deals"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-10 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

Is this Erica casting person the same Erica (or Erika) who was on Big Brother twice and was Mike Boogie's showmance on Big Brother All-Stars? I've read that rumor here and elsewhere. I've also read the rumor about Jeff getting in a pi$$ing match with what's-her-name, the casting bigshot, and threatening to resign if she got her way too much in the Heroes vs. Villains casting. Seems to me if a casting person wants to keep her job she'd be best off not pi$$ing off the powerful host who's also one of the producers, BWTFDIK?

06-02-10, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shady deals"
She was on reality TV, but it is a different Erica, hold on, let me go back to where I saw the rumor.

Erica Shay was on TAR (season 5)

Erika Landin was on Big Brother.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-10, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shady deals"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-10 AT 11:21 PM (EST)

I wrote about it in the Player of the Season topic, with photos. I don't know how it ended, although I saw posts saying she's no longer in casting.

My posts:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7450.shtml#28

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7450.shtml#36

It's not Erika of BB; it's Erika who was first off TAR in her season and became a senior casting associate for Survivor, TAR, BB UK, Pirate Master, etc..
IMDB Erika Shay for her credits.

The second post I linked talks about Lynne Spillman and Probst a bit.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-02-10, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shady deals"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-10 AT 00:42 AM (EST)

Just went back and reviewed parts of that thread, including your posts, OFG, and this Lynne Spillman character is exercising so much influence on the casting process and the game that one just can't help but wonder what she's getting out of it. Is she just getting the pleasure of helping her friends, or is she maybe getting a little something under the table for helping her friends? Like maybe a little kickback or something? Have heard no evidence of such, but she's helping her friends so much that you just gotta wonder.

06-02-10, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shady deals"
RR, from what Billy Garcia said, Spillman would be considered doing her job very well if the people she recruits place well on the show. Succeeding at your job translates into money, job tenure, reputation, and so forth. She doesn't need to get kickbacks.

To be fair, Billy has his own bias, as he is not a Spillman recruit. He felt he was cast as cannon fodder by being the New York Hispanic cast with the rest of his tribe from LA, and he may be right.

He also says he caught on fire during the immunity challenge and was burned pretty badly (check his posts), and was sort of toast (bad pun intended) at that point, so that maybe his lazy edit was a little contrived.

He would have liked a second chance. There was a season concept various people have talked about, where early boots (outcasts) would get a second chance, but Spillman is against it.

His agenda doesn't mean it's not true about the conflict; I think it explains why he got on the internet and posted about the gossip, whereas the other people there kept their mouths mostly shut.

06-02-10, 07:50 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Shady deals"
Sounds more like the typical it is who you know that gets you jobs in show business.

I wish they'd give up the "everyday people" when a lot of each cast is recruits rather than people who didn't know anyone and sent in a tape, but once someone gets in a casting position they are likely to try to get their friends on the show, and likely (if they can) try to make sure those recruits do well because that makes you look like you know what you are doing.

I wonder how much of the "haven't we seen these people before" is from the same people casting out of the same pool of friends/friends of friends as generally birds of a feather do flock together.

07-23-10, 05:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Shady deals"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-10 AT 05:50 AM (EST)

well sure, one of the first nexuses for casting was Mike Boogie's Belly Bar. I forget now which Survivor players were cast from being regulars there, but it was noted at the time.

JP Calderon and Brad supposedly knew each other (Cooks).
Laura and Brett knew each other.
Krista who got engaged to Booger, knew Boo of Fiji. Boo knew James, China. Boo also knew Russell Hantz.

>>> Sounds more like the typical it is who you know that gets you jobs in show business.

"Know" in the Biblical sense ... Parv is bi, or omni, or something.

ETA -- Belly: Gabe and Sean Rector from Marquesas, Alex Bell from Amazon.
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/survivor-6-alex-bell-works-as-doorman-at-same-la-bar-where-big-brother-mike-boogie-and-survivor-4-gabriel-worked-890.php

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •