The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Jumping Ship", Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-10, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Jumping Ship", Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Phoenix for our Preview Vidcaps...

Show Preview
Probst VO: Next time, on Survivor.
Parvati: "No."
Russell: "Whatever. Whatever."
Parvati: "Russell."
Probst VO: As Russell loses control of his alliance...
Russell: "You lied to me."
Parvati: "How did I lie to you?"
Probst VO: ... Sandra takes control of the game.
Sandra: "You're done."
Sandra: "You want Russell gone?"
Rupert: "Yeah."
Sandra: "Russell's gone."
Sandra: "My target is Russell. I've been waiting to take him down for thirty days."
Russell: "I trust you."
Sandra:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Jumping Ship", Vidcaps michel 04-23-10 1
   RE: "Jumping Ship", Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 04-23-10 2
       RE: "Jumping Ship", Vidcaps SquidProQuo 04-23-10 3
           HII Trail kingfish 04-26-10 12
               RE: HII Trail Brownroach 04-28-10 22
 Challenge caps Outfrontgirl 04-24-10 4
   RE: Challenge caps SquidProQuo 04-25-10 5
       RE: Challenge caps SquidProQuo 04-25-10 6
           RE: Challenge caps Outfrontgirl 04-25-10 7
 Here's the full web promo SquidProQuo 04-26-10 8
   RE: Here's the full web promo SquidProQuo 04-26-10 9
       RE: Here's the full web promo SquidProQuo 04-26-10 10
           RE: Here's the full web promo SquidProQuo 04-26-10 11
           RE: Here's the full web promo sylvester 04-26-10 13
               RE: Here's the full web promo michel 04-26-10 14
                   RE: Here's the full web promo SquidProQuo 04-26-10 15
                       RE: Here's the full web promo SquidProQuo 04-27-10 16
                           RE: Here's the full web promo Flowerpower 04-27-10 17
                               RE: Here's the full web promo SquidProQuo 04-27-10 18
                           RE: Here's the full web promo kingfish 04-27-10 19
                               RE: Here's the full web promo Outfrontgirl 04-27-10 20
                                   RE: Here's the full web promo kingfish 04-28-10 21
                                       RE: Here's the full web promo Outfrontgirl 04-28-10 23
                                       RE: Here's the full web promo Brownroach 04-29-10 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-10, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Jumping Ship", Vidcaps"
S0, they are playing it as Sandra being the one jumping ship. They really want us to think Russell and the villains are in trouble.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-10, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Jumping Ship", Vidcaps"
I see no reason why Sandra wouldn't be serious. She never wanted to be a Villain and she doesn't like any of them, and she loathes Russell. The last TC situation was impossible for her, but now she has a chance.

The only two things that would mess up her flip are Russell finds and plays another idol or Russell wins immunity. At least it looks to me like Russ has five solid votes to send him off into the sunset. There is no John, no Shambo, it all rests on Sandra not flipping. Well, except for Candice. She could possibly be recruited as she's always been a floater.

I'm leaning towards another idol. I don't know what the spoilers say. I suppose that even if there isn't another idol, Russ's opponents could get scared into thinking he has one.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-23-10, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Jumping Ship", Vidcaps"
The spoilers say that Danielle and Amanda wrestle for the HII clue while on reward, so everyone will know that the HII has been rehidden and it'll probably be a free-for-all to find it.

OFG, I agree that the odds are good that Russell will find it OR people will think he has it and be scared off. And it seems pretty unlikely he'll be handing his HII to Parv again after last night!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "HII Trail"
Just to refresh, The HII that was found by JT and famously given to Russ, was then given to Parvati (who already had one), then given at TC to either Jerri or Sandra.

Do I have that right? The HII has become the pea in a game of three card Monte.

Nepharious!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-10, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: HII Trail"
Yes, that's right. The last HIIs hidden in the two camps while the tribes were separate were found by JT and Parvati, and both of those were played last week.

From this point on only one HII at a time should be available to be found.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

04-24-10, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Challenge caps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-10 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-24-10 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

Phoenix has the sports PIP capped, and I will bring over a selection that shows the challenge. Sorry I am short of time to do the whole promo.

Players each have a low platform where they start to assemble their slabs or whatever you call their building materials. They are color-coded, and each has a name at their station.

ETA, TDT points out this is "House of Cards" -- final 4 IC from Gabon. There was a time limit in which to get the highest tower, rather than a mark they are trying to reach. As TDT points out, anyone could crash and burn a second before Jeff calls time.

Russell is bright green, with Candice's red station to his right; by the khaki leg it looks to me like Rupert might be gray; Colby is blue; Sandra is darker green. Jerri, Parvati, Danielle, Amanda not show. Colby and Sandra are shown with slabs falling at the point their towers got fairly high.

I expect the RC will get run as 3 teams of 3; therefore this should be the IC.

04-25-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Challenge caps"
Thanks OFG. Yes, this is the one that Susie won in Gabon. As I recall, after seeing so many taller (i.e. closer to 10 ft.) towers crash, Susie decided to play it safe and "hold" on her tower at a bit lower height and that worked. (I thought for sure Bob the engineer would have figured out a way to ace this one, but no.) I wonder if others will use Susie's strategy? This is the kind of challenge that just about anyone can win -- it certainly equalizes things for the women.

Here's the description from Wikipedia: "The castaways would be given 200 wooden tiles. The first castaway to use the tiles to build a house of cards 10 feet (3.0 m) tall would win. If after 30 minutes, no castaway has built the house of cards to over 10 feet (3.0 m) tall, the castaway who builds the tallest house of cards at the end of the time limit would win."

04-25-10, 11:33 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Challenge caps"
P.S. re RC: No vidcaps yet to confirm, but Blackwhale (outside spoiler at Sucks) says that this week's RC is 3v3 in shuffleboard. See outside spoilers thread if you want to read more details.

P.S. IMHO, don't see how shuffleboard and even House of Cards made the cut as some of the best challenges over 20 seasons. Loved the challenges earlier this season, but lately the choices have gone downhill. If they bring back bocce, then we'll really be in trouble. I guess maybe they're just trying to pick challenges that don't require physical strength so the women have a more level playing field?

04-25-10, 04:51 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Challenge caps"
I agree, Squid ... people are starting to make jokes about budget cuts driving the challenge choices. Running challenges from recent seasons means they can use props they still have.

Shuffleboard was the IC in Tocantins where Sierra beat out Tyson but Debbie won. Perhaps they'll run the team aspect the way they did the bocce ball. I'm thinking they should be too embarrassed to show vidcaps.

04-26-10, 00:30 AM (EST)
8. "Here's the full web promo"
The vidcaps aren't up yet, but here's the link and transcript for the full web promo. (Transcript thanks to Survivor Fever)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=CgMXCEt_qjkdEHD84f7taNzzKjI4g99Y&vs=homepage&play=true

Full Promo
VO: He's ruled Survivor...
Russell: "This is way easier than I thought."
VO: ... but, CBS Thursday, one of Russell's own...
Sandra: "It's time for me to make my move."
VO: ... could stab him in the back.
Sandra: "I need to get Russell out."
Rupert: "He's a piece of garbage."
VO: Is there a traitor on the island?
Russell: "We don't trust Sandra right now...."
Russell: "I need to pull somebody else in."
Colby: "Make sure they don't think you're flipping."
Sandra: "I'm not scared, Russell. Why you trying to threaten me?"
Russell: "No. No."
Rupert: "There's three days of scrambling.... going on in three minutes."
VO: New Survivor, Thursday, only CBS.

Note that when Russell says "I need to pull someone else in," there's a shot of Candice.

04-26-10, 10:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
Here are the vidcaps for the full promo. (Transcript is 1 post above). Thanks to Survivor Phoenix:

Survivor Phoenix also pointed this out:

04-26-10, 10:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
A few things that stood out for me in this promo:

- These vidcaps seem to confirm that Candice flips. Also, is Russell showing Candice the HII in this shot? That's what it looks like to me, but I couldn't tell for sure since it's blurry and the logo is in the way. It would make sense since that's his usual M.O. - reminds me of that scene with Laura last in S19.

- In this shot, you can see a little piece of paper in Danielle's hands:

Could this be the new HII clue? That would seem to confirm the spoiler that Danielle gets the HII clue on reward.

- Wow, they are really playing up the Sandra vs. Russell thing in the promos -- is it overhype or is this an important story for the rest of the season? Seems almost as big as the Rob vs. Russell showdown.

- No Jerri...and only that 1 shot of Amanda with Parv.

- Looks like with JT gone, Colby's taking over as leader on the Heroes...and maybe Sandra figured Rupert isn't her best liaison if she wants to pull this off.

04-26-10, 11:17 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
So if Russell does indeed have the HII, as the vidcap appears to show, then it would make sense for Sandra to call her deal off and bide her time.

I wonder if Danielle/Parv share the clue with Russell (maybe as a way to make up to him after keeping him in the dark)? Or do they find the HII and then give it to him? Although if Danielle is on the reward with other Heroes (since RC is supposedly in teams of 3), then the Heroes would about the clue too and it might be a free for all, with everyone looking and chasing each other.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-10, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-10 AT 07:38 PM (EST)

Jerri is mosty absent from the vidcaps, but I believe this is her hat, and shoulder, in this shot with Parv & Danielle:

Question is, why cut her almost completely out of the frame?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-10, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
Better out of a frame than almost a whole season like Brett!

04-26-10, 11:56 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
Yes, that is definitely Jerri. And Parv sure seems happy with herself in that shot...maybe they're reliving the prior night's TC?

04-27-10, 00:23 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-10 AT 00:26 AM (EST)

P.S. One possible reason why Jerri isn't in the vidcaps or is cut off might be that she wins IC and they want us to be surprised about that. (Although I don't think that's why they cut her off in the particular shot you mentioned.) And given that Blackwhale is now "tentatively" saying that Jerri wins IC, that would make sense.

But given that Blackwhale was wrong about the IC winner last week, I don't totally trust him/her. I was trying to figure out if anyone has the immunity necklace on in the vidcap where they're walking into Tribal Council -- can anyone else see anything? I see Rupert (near the back, coming up the stairs), Colby and Candice, and it does not appear any of them have it. The only thing is, the 1st guy in the line looks a lot like JT to me (in the plaid shirt), so maybe this is an old TC cap? I noticed a few of the other vidcaps are from previous episodes too, so maybe they're doing a lot of recycling this week.

I guess another reason why there's no Jerri is because she isn't a big part of all the scrambling/main storyline this week. Between the Russell vs. Sandra showdown, and Candice flipping, and the prior TC aftermath, there's probably little time left for the others.

ETA - here's the TC shot I'm referring to. Is this from last week?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-10, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
Yes, Squid, that is from last week as the leader in the line is JT...he's got his plaid shirt on.

So, there is only one shot of Amanda in this entire vidcap spread. Therefore, she is either a hidden boot, or not the boot this week....food for thought.

04-27-10, 09:33 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
Yes, and that Amanda vidcap is recyled from last week too.

04-27-10, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
I think outside spoiler references are supposed to be confined to Brownroaches' Outside spoiler thread.

Even in this extremely spoiled season, when it seems that everybody has been exposed to posts from those that have inside info, there may be some who are enjoy being surprised and are trying to not have their fun spoiled.

04-27-10, 04:47 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
It is the Spoilers forum, kingfish, and for ten years there have been outside spoilers discussed here. Our mission, to spoil EPM's show, by any means. I think the only rule was that the boot list as a whole would stay in that topic -- and that was before the season started. The SOTS has been commenting on spoiler predictions every week. Outside spoilers are allowed in vote reasoning.

The editing topic is for the unspoiled. Not trying to be mean, but we can't have a meaningful spoiling conversation if we aren't allowed to note the predictions, including whether or not they appear to be correct. Last week the spoilers went wrong.

The Outside Spoiler topic is still the place to find the actual wording of the source spoilers.

Great catches on the clue in vidcaps and Russell sharing idol, Squid.

I floated the same hypothesis at MESS and Sucks yesterday that Jerri's absence could indicate immunity win. Parvati's pic with Amanda is also recycled. The immunity winner who is in the majority alliance may not be moved to scramble as much as the rest of them. I don't feel 100% about it, but Jerri's absence is notable. This is a challenge that anyone can win.

04-28-10, 07:38 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-10 AT 08:51 AM (EST)

I stand corrected.

I don't know what the point of this thread

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7271.shtml

is if it isn't to provide a separate place to discuss outside spoilers.

My preference would be to be able to read speculations, spoilers derived from Caps, past performances etc., stuff that's based on the acuity of the RTVW detectives without just being given the results by Survivor insiders.

But, especially this season, I guess it doesn't really matter.

04-28-10, 08:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
Hi kingfish,
I do know how you feel, and I too would prefer not to have had the season spoiled, but it happened. I'm not a mod, so I wouldn't say I'm correcting you. I'm speaking from my point of view and my memory.

The topic you linked began in October, before the season started. Nowhere did it say that source spoilers would be confined there throughout S20.

There is still spoiling to be done each episode, on details, but it can't be done if the majority of the people (who are reading all spoilers) can't mention what is informing their thinking.

It's just not fair to ask the spoilers to pretend not to have heard this and that.
Also CBS isn't releasing very much in the way of helpful footage this season.

Survivor Sucks has a spec only forum. We don't. MESS Hall allows all spoilers too. TDT put the whole boot list on his Survivometer this season before the premiere. The knowledge of the spoiling community is thorough this season. To honor your request would be to turn Blows into a speculation forum. Spoiling the show, at Blows, has always been about looking at all angles, including sources, going all the way back to the first season.

If the mods want to make a change, that's up to them. I just don't think it's fair to complain that the spoiler forum has spoilers in it -- with exception of the editing topic. I think people have been admirably restrained. No other spoiling forum around has so little mention, so much segregation of source spoilers this season.

Part of the reason it's easier for me to spoil at MESS without concerns about someone complaining.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-10, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Here's the full web promo"
Hi Kingfish --

The purpose of that thread was to collate the outside spoiler posts and add new details as they came up so everyone could be kept up to date. It was never stated that discussion of the spoilers was strictly limited to that thread, though before S20 started it was pretty much confined there because, well, there weren't any other S20 threads yet.

Each season we've always looked at everything that's out there. I agree the seasons where there's less info are usually more fun, but it is what it is this time.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •