The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hindsight, pre-merge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-17-10, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hindsight, pre-merge"

Trying to revitalize the Krautboy Hindsight thread. Here are our tools:

Strategies Revealed Do Not Succeed
The Hidden Alliance
The OFG Theory
Confessional Analysis
The Confessional Spike
The Narrator Theory
Foreshadowing
The Winner’s Quote
The Ironic Confessional
The Boot Decoy
Misdirection
The Injury Edit
Jeff’s Blog

Lately I have been pondering how the designated winner of this game gets herself to the end. Because at this point she's definitely not with the group that is calling the shots at the villains camp. And, judging from the next 3 boots, she's not going to be with a majority at the heroes camp as well.

If there is one thing that you can say for her is that she sure is the epitome of a scrappy player. Clearly she must have some hidden alliances with some folks out there.

Also, we know that RussHole has told everyone that he has the idol, but will Parvati confide that she has one too to RussHole? Will he be surprised at the next TC? Most likely, if both end up being played, I would think that she does not confide in him...if this is the case, what will his reaction be towards his number 2?

one nation, under Romber...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hindsight, pre-merge SquidProQuo 04-17-10 1
   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Belle Book 04-17-10 2
       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge SquidProQuo 04-17-10 3
           RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Flowerpower 04-18-10 4
               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Outfrontgirl 04-19-10 5
                   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge SquidProQuo 04-19-10 7
                       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge emydi 04-20-10 9
               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Brownroach 04-19-10 6
                   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Outfrontgirl 04-19-10 8
                       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Tublecane 04-22-10 29
   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge PhillyBrat 04-21-10 10
       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge PepeLePew13 04-21-10 11
       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Brownroach 04-21-10 12
           RE: Hindsight, pre-merge PhillyBrat 04-21-10 13
               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Brownroach 04-21-10 14
                   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge SquidProQuo 04-21-10 15
                       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Outfrontgirl 04-22-10 16
                           RE: Hindsight, pre-merge PhillyBrat 04-22-10 17
                               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Brownroach 04-22-10 20
                           RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Flowerpower 04-22-10 18
                               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge LFJ 04-22-10 19
                                   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Tublecane 04-22-10 32
                                       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge LFJ 04-23-10 36
                                           RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Outfrontgirl 04-24-10 41
                                               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge LFJ 04-24-10 43
                               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Brownroach 04-22-10 21
                                   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge SquidProQuo 04-22-10 22
                                       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Brownroach 04-22-10 33
                                           RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Karchita 04-24-10 44
                                   RE: Hindsight, pre-merge SquidProQuo 04-22-10 23
                                       RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Outfrontgirl 04-24-10 42
                               RE: Hindsight, pre-merge Tublecane 04-22-10 31
 Would we have suspected a JT boot? Krautboy 04-22-10 24
   PROMOS EDITED IN LIGHT OF THE SPOIL... goldenmike4393 04-22-10 25
   RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... sylvester 04-22-10 26
       RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... Krautboy 04-22-10 35
   RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... Brownroach 04-22-10 27
       RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... sylvester 04-22-10 28
           RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... Brownroach 04-22-10 30
               RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... SquidProQuo 04-22-10 34
                   RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... PhillyBrat 04-23-10 37
                       RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... Flowerpower 04-23-10 40
                           RE: Would we have suspected a JT bo... Karchita 04-24-10 45
 Hindsight, post merge Flowerpower 04-23-10 38
   RE: Hindsight, post merge PepeLePew13 04-23-10 39
       RE: Hindsight, post merge Karchita 04-24-10 46
 Why Amanda? Krautboy 04-26-10 47
   RE: Why Amanda? LFJ 04-26-10 48
       RE: Why Amanda? Brownroach 04-26-10 49
       RE: Why Amanda? Georjanna 04-26-10 50
           RE: Why Amanda? Krautboy 04-27-10 51
           RE: Why Amanda? LFJ 04-27-10 54
           RE: Why Amanda? SquidProQuo 04-27-10 56
   RE: Why Amanda? Flowerpower 04-27-10 52
       RE: Why Amanda? SquidProQuo 04-27-10 53
           RE: Why Amanda? Brownroach 04-27-10 55
               RE: Why Amanda? SquidProQuo 04-27-10 57
                   RE: Why Amanda? CTgirl 04-27-10 58
                       RE: Why Amanda? Outfrontgirl 04-27-10 60
                   RE: Why Amanda? Krautboy 04-27-10 59
                       RE: Why Amanda? Flowerpower 04-27-10 61
                           RE: Why Amanda? SquidProQuo 04-27-10 62
                           RE: Why Amanda? Krautboy 04-27-10 63
 Episode 12 vid cap analysis CTgirl 05-07-10 64
 Clues pointing to Rupert? Krautboy 05-07-10 65
   RE: Clues pointing to Rupert? PepeLePew13 05-08-10 66
   RE: Clues pointing to Rupert? Belle Book 05-08-10 67
   RE: Clues pointing to Rupert? Karchita 05-08-10 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-17-10, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
Good idea, FloPo!

I'm thinking some sort of past winners "hidden alliance" must come into play (might be a loose secondary alliance of out necessity):

* Just like Tom and JT discussed the past winners thing and watching out for each others' back, it would make sense for it to come up at some point between Sandra and Parv.
* When Sandra rattled off the list of players she hated, note who she did NOT name -- Parv.
* We rarely see the two of them interacting. For example, last episode we saw Courtney making her case to Parv for why she should be kept. I would imagine Sandra did the same, but we weren't shown that.
* Courtney said in one of her post-game interviews that at the very beginning of the game, there was a main alliance of 6 with Parv/Danielle/Russell AND Courtney/Sandra/Rob...but the alpha males couldn't get along so that alliance fractured (that must be when Tyson moved in). That also helps explain why Rob/Sandra/Courtney were hesitant to vote out Parv over Randy. (In hindsight, that was their 1st mistake -- they should have taken Parv out when they could have!)
* Parv obviously hates Jerri and vice versa. Jerri's ties are mainly to Russell, which is not good for Parv. I could definitely see her wanting to replace Jerri with Sandra in their little alliance.
* Lastly, there is obviously a subtle rivalry brewing between Parv and Russell (the King/Queen quote, I don't ride coattails, etc.). I think that storyline will continue to develop. And Jeff already told us in this week's blog that there will be a price to pay if Parv doesn't tell Russell about the HII, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out this week. Parv knows that Russell has been the power player up to now, and she's obviously looking for ways to one-up him. Having Sandra in her back pocket makes sense. Perhaps Parv feels (at least at this point in the game) that she couldn't beat Russell but she could beat Danielle and Sandra.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-17-10, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
You might have a point there about Parvati thinking (at this point, at least) that she can't beat RussHell but she could beat Danielle and Sandra. What she doesn't know is that she possibly *still* could beat RussHell even if she stuck with him and if she took Danielle instead of Sandra to the end. Because we know something that Parvati doesn't -- or at least didn't at the time -- about what will happen if Sandra gets to the end.

04-17-10, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
Related to this topic, here's some good insight from Courtney's post-game TVGuide interview. Sounds like Courtney (and probably Sandra too) are putting bugs in Parv's ear about the need for her to show herself as a power player:

TVGuide.com: Why do you think Parvati's attempts to convince her allies you should stay didn't work?

Courtney Yates: I think that Russell and Danielle were in a hot panic that I knew too many people on other side and they knew that I didn't like them. You can't be mad at them! And they were right! I didn't like them! What I wanted was for me to stay with Parv, and then have me, her and Sandra stay together, and then maybe get Amanda or Candice or one of the other girls and work it out after the merge. I explained to Parv that it was better for her personally for me to stay because I would be loyal to her and not to her alliance. She's a power player and she's not really being presented as such, I feel, but she really was. I wanted her to break away from Russell and start something else. So I'm not surprised it didn't work because they knew I got along with her and not them ...

04-18-10, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
Yes, I am in agreement with the thinking of a hidden alliance with Parv and Sandra. Regarding the next boots, I think that RussHole will dictate for them to go, for fear that Parvati will, could hook up with each of them. Danielle most likely threatens Russell directly at some point to warrant going sooner than expected.

Will Sandra align with Rupert, Colby, and Jerri? Will Jerri stay with RussHell? Still not quite sure how the rest plays out...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-10, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-10 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

I think in a group like this that an unaligned person like Sandra lasts longer. The power players are busy going after rival alliances and people who threaten to crowd into their own alliance (Candice).

Neither Russell nor Parvati fear Sandra in front of the jury, or at least they fear her less than the others. Sandra does have a talent for directing the attention away from herself, and I expect she'll use it, but I think she makes it without an alliance. The Villains have Heroes to pick off first. Danielle will go in the midst of the pagonging because Russell questions her loyalty -- but it's still going to be a pagonging until it gets down to 4 Villains, and then it goes to who Russell and Parvati think can beat them with the jury. Jerri. So they hold on to Sandra and she kicks their butt, just like Natalie did, except not a blow-out.

I believe that all the women except Danielle vote for Sandra, and the men will vote for Parvati, and the man in the skirt will vote as the women do and for his old tribemate. That's not how it would go if they voted right now, but I think Parvati will have alienated the women, whereas the men will respect her for winning immunities and of course she is charming. Coach will choose her as more worthy because of the challenges.

04-19-10, 12:54 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
>I think in a group like
>this that an unaligned person
>like Sandra lasts longer.

Great point. And it sure sounds like Sandra benefits hugely from Parv and Russell trying to one-up each other. I think all the fallout from their King/Queen rivalry allows someone like Sandra to step in the void.

Parv's big mistake might just be keeping the HII a secret from Russell. That makes Russell suspicious of her and Danielle, which apparently starts a whole death spiral: Parv/Danielle are worried about Russell's ties with Candice, so they knock her out...Russell in turn gets nervous about Danielle and takes out Parv's closest ally (this one, I suspect, is going to be a real stinger for Parv)...and Parv repays the favor by deciding to keep Sandra over Russell's ally Jerri at F4. Just like Rob/Russell, I think Parv and Russell let their personal rivalry get in the way of seeing the best end game for themselves.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-10, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
when does Russhell get "ties" with Candice...is she done with the yahoo heroes and goes to villains "leader" is this blackwhale info?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-10, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I don't think Sandra is in a hidden alliance with anyone. To me she is playing pretty much the same game she did before. Her relationship with Rob was like her relationship with Rupert last time; she gravitates toward strong, provider-type males, which initially keeps her safe.

As long as she remains loosely aligned with the Villains and votes the way they do, it should be enough to get her to the end. She is smart enough to know when not to rock the boat.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

04-19-10, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
Sounds good guys ... Squid, that sure rings true about Danielle and Candice boots. BR, that's how I see Sandra too. If the Heroes prevailed at merge, Sandra could have been a flip, easily, as all her allies are now gone, but I don't see her sticking her neck out to force a tie the next ep, because she doesn't play that way.

Re the F4, one spoiler indicates that Jerri wins immunity at F5,and Russell wins the final immunity. Parv wants to keep Sandra because of the previous winner thing, and Russell should keep Jerri, or force a tie, to win her vote, but he is scared that she will win the jury.

It seems that Colby lasts because he is not regarded as an immunity threat or in a good alliance. How times have changed. Of course he can't be allowed to get near the jury.

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-10, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-10 AT 06:19 PM (EST)

"I don't see her sticking her neck out to force a tie the next ep, because she doesn't play that way"

What do you mean, "force a tie"? If she flips to the Heroes after JT's boot, it'll be 5 Heroes+Sandra to 4 Villains. No tie there.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I would bet that a lot of the trust between Parv and Sandra has to do with this thursday's epp.

We know that both Jerri and Sandra are given an idol.

Jerri receiveing an idol from Russel makes sence. She is under Russel's "spell".
Sandra receiving an idol from Parv would make me scratch my head..

Remember Russel should have no idea that Parv has this other idol..

Could Parv try to win Sandra over to her side by giving her the idol to play? Suppose if Sandra was feeling worried about Russel? Also it would be a good time to see how "trustworthy" Russel really is.

(I mean if he wanted to go against the villians and stick with the heroes, voting for Sandra first would be HIS best intrest if he choose to go down this path..)

I believe that after the next epp Parv/Sandra will be the secret REAL alliance to beat.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-10, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-10 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

I agree. We've seen several clues that there may already be something on the back burner with Parvati and Sandra.

For one, in the last episode, Sandra was rattling off names of people that she 'hated' -- there were about four or five names mentioned, but one wasn't (Parvati). I believe that Sandra mentioning Parvati's name might have been edited out as a producer's clue that these two are together.

Courtney made far more sense (in my mind) to be kept around as a free vote, but I believe Parvati fought to keep the focus off Sandra for the TC vote.

We've also seen both Parvati and Sandra talk (separately in confessionals) about standing up to Russhole, so I think there's something there between them on how to handle Russhole as well.

04-21-10, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
Supposedly Parv hands off both of the idols. Probably RussHell gives JT's idol to Parv to hold before the tribes merge, since presumably she would be the Heroes' target (but then she wins immunity).

At this point Sandra and Jerri don't know about RussHell having gotten JT's idol. I wonder if they will be told about that before TC, or if Parvati will pass each idol separately pretending it's the one she found.

04-21-10, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I thought there was a confesional with Jerri talking about how dumb JT was. Which I assume means that she knows about Russel's idol.

I wonder if Russel gives Parv his idol so that he can prove to JT and crew that he used it?

04-21-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I don't remember a confessional with Jerri but you might be right.

I thought the same thing that RussHell may not want the idol on him or in his belongings when they merge -- then he can empty his pockets and bag to prove he used it.

04-21-10, 03:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
Yeah, there was a scene where Russell shows Danielle and Jerri the HII and they can't believe it. Then there's a follow up confessional from Jerri talking about how stupid the Heroes are.

Phillybrat, I agree with you that even if people don't believe a loose agreement/alliance existed between Sandra and Par up until to now, there certainly must be something that comes into play starting this week since Parv gives Sandra her secret HII. And supposedly Russell is not too happy that he didn't know about it. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds -- should be a good episode!

04-22-10, 03:11 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
>>> there certainly must be something that comes into play starting this week since Parv gives Sandra her secret HII.

I don't disagree that these two may bond. Just want to point out though that Parv gives it to her because Amanda fakes Parv out and says Sandra is the target. For the Villains to gain a majority, JT MUST go home. Otherwise it will be a tie if the Heroes don't vote Jerri, and that would be a mess.

So I think Parv just has to cover the extra base.

If the Heroes were smart (silly thought, I know) -- and ruthless -- they would vote Russell, who is feeling safe enough to go to TC without an idol covering his back. The Heroes would still be in a majority, and Russell would be gone.

04-22-10, 06:58 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I think you have highlighted another intersting point OFG.. IF Parv is to be trusting Amanda then Sandra would be the target and only 1 idol is needed.

However we are told that Jerri has the idol and plays it because she is the actual target.

Now where do the heroes get the idea to change from Sandra to Jerri and does Amanda let Parv know about this change either?

The relationship between Parv and Amanda will be tested here. And wether or not they can trust each other.. And also Sandra realizing of the "evil 4" whom she can/is going to trust.

Oh and Russel being mad about not knowing about the idol.. Should be a NICE surprise to see HIM not know what the heck is always going on.

04-22-10, 11:13 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-10 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

Now where do the heroes get the idea to change from Sandra to Jerri and does Amanda let Parv know about this change either?

I don't think there is a change of plans. I think Amanda just tells a flat out lie because the Heroes don't trust RussHell and they don't want Jerri to be playing an idol. Don't forget, RussHell will be feeding Parvati information too and will know that they are targetting Jerri. But Parv gives Sandra the other idol to play, just in case.

Which will set up Amanda's boot next week -- after the "trust" conversation with Parvati, Amanda turns around and lies to her, so Parv should be happy to see Amanda go next.

ETA -- PB, re-reading your post I realize that you are (I think) conjecturing that Parvati *should* be wondering about Amanda, and not that there will actually be a change in plans on the Heroes’ part. In which case I agree with you.

04-22-10, 07:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
If the Heroes were smart (silly thought, I know) -- and ruthless -- they would vote Russell, who is feeling safe enough to go to TC without an idol covering his back. The Heroes would still be in a majority, and Russell would be gone.

JT and his stubborn streak is the answer to why they did not vote RussHELL. Sandra confides to Rupert that Russell can not be trusted and he's running the show. We see Rupert go back and tell the heroes that and "There's a reason RussHELL is on the Villain tribe"....but the Heroes, especially JT, must think that it's a red-herring offered up by Sandra, and he/they refuse to believe that Russell is not on the hot seat, so they target a woman. Russell will have gotten all of this when he talks to them. As he says, he's got them "hook, line, and sinker".

I have to throw in here that this would be such a different game, I think, if the Survivors were keen to Russell's previous game. I just can't get into him at all. I think they've stooped to an all time low with characters like RussHell. The next thing you know they'll have sociopath's and child molesters on the show....god forbid!

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-22-10, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I have been working until late in the evening for several months, and rarely get to watch any of the episodes (of anything) until the day (or days) after they air. So, I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's comments. I have a couple modest observations of my own to add.

RussHell is the classic "little man" (not as in Little People), but in the sense that he is small and troll-like in stature, and must constantly make up for that by being the "baddest". For instance, you would not see RussHell behaving in an easy-going manner, but rather, scurrying about, gathering and squirreling his nuts away, to be brought out, and flaunted, surprising all at some strategic moment. These acts are a testament to his manhood.

JT is afraid of women. It does not surprise me that he blows his chances of winning because he is fixated upon the idea of a woman's alliance. He cannot see a way to ingratiate himself with the women, and keep himself safe (while maintaining his manly self-image), so he has to get rid of them.

RussHell and JT are both misogynists.

04-22-10, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
"JT is afraid of women. It does not surprise me that he blows his chances of winning because he is fixated upon the idea of a woman's alliance. He cannot see a way to ingratiate himself with the women, and keep himself safe (while maintaining his manly self-image), so he has to get rid of them."

Be honest, how many of us wouldn't assume that Parvati was leading an all-women's alliance if we were told, without seeing or hearing anything else, that four men in a row had been eliminated from the Villains' tribe? Not that we'd all go ahead with JTs haribrained scheme.

Furthermore, JT SHOULD be afraid of women. With or without a Black Widow, Part 2, Candice and Amanda don't trust him, and in my opinion would have moved on him as soon as possible.

04-23-10, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
You make good points, and I might agree with you, except...he doesn't question RussHell's motives, or game play at all. There was absolutely no evidence that RussHell could be trusted, and yet...He made assumptions, which are always dangerous, and I believe he showed his bias. His blind faith in another male - the handshakes, backslapping, chest bumps - all of the male bonding - YEEEESH! I didn't notice him making nice with any of the women he was so sure were in control. The whole thing was non-sensical. Thus, my conclusion.

04-24-10, 01:14 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I agree about JT's attitude, LFJ.
Another point, he bonded with Stephen on Jalapao and then at Timbira he was right away in an all male alliance with Coach and Tyson. Or so he thought, writing off Debbie's bond with them.

As a side note, it's well known in Survivor gossip that JT slept with Sugar prior to the show filming -- and then dumped her immediately when the game started.

04-24-10, 05:17 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I don't know how you remember all of these details. Everything goes out of my head when I get locked up in the "Unit" with my patients.

"As a side note, it's well known in Survivor gossip that JT slept with Sugar prior to the show filming -- and then dumped her immediately when the game started."

That IS in keeping with the theme of this discussion, isn't it? Probably not up to the challenge

04-22-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-10 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

I wonder if RussHell will have told Sandra about JT's HII and pulled her into the alibi by the time they merge. It seems like that would be necessary, but from the clip with Sandra and Rupert it's hard to tell. If Rupert asks Sandra did Russell play an idol at TC and she didn't know about it and says no, then the jig is up. Unless they don't believe her.

ETA: Re OFG's observation that the Heroes should vote for RussHell -- that really would be a very good move. There would be a tie, but I bet Sandra would flip in a heartbeat on the revote.

04-22-10, 03:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
BR, it doesn't look like Russell pulls Sandra into the alibi charade -- at least based on the Insider Clips, where he says he knows that Sandra will run and snitch to the Heroes, but he's going to lay the groundwork by telling them she's a liar and one of the ringleaders of the women's alliance, so not to trust her.

Also, Sandra gets Parv's secret HII...so that's another reason why I think Sandra/Russell don't do much strategizing this week.

I'm really hoping that Candice and Amanda will speak up and show some smarts. Unfortunately, I fear that because they know that JT is the #1 target, they're just going along with his strategy vs. thinking on their own about what makes sense.

04-22-10, 06:40 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
But Sandra has to be told something so that she doesn't flip. As far as Sandra knows right now, they are going into the merge even, she doesn't have an HII, no one else on her tribe has one, and someone on the Heroes tribe might have one. I don't think Parvati will give Sandra her idol until Amanda tells Parvati that Sandra is the target, and that could be right before TC. Sandra needs an incentive to stay with the Villains before that.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-24-10, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
I think she was told something or is working with Parv. Not Russell.

Sandra and Parv may not really have an alliance, but I think they talk.

Bouquet by c2p

04-22-10, 03:52 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
Yes, voting Russell would be a great move...or even Danielle.

04-24-10, 01:17 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
>>> Yes, voting Russell would be a great move...or even Danielle.

An excellent thought, and we were one synapse fire away from wondering why the idols are going to Jerri and Sandra and not Parv's closest ally, Danielle. Why could it be she has immunity? Wish I had gone there.

04-22-10, 06:33 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Hindsight, pre-merge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-10 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

"JT and his stubborn streak is the answer to why they did not vote RussHELL. Sandra confides to Rupert that Russell can not be trusted and he's running the show. We see Rupert go back and tell the heroes that and 'There's a reason RussHELL is on the Villain tribe'....but the Heroes, especially JT, must think that it's a red-herring offered up by Sandra, and he/they refuse to believe that Russell is not on the hot seat, so they target a woman."

You ommit probably the most important factor, namely that JT, though the putative leader of the Heroes alliance, is on the outside of the sub-alliances. Amanda and Candice obviously don't trust JT, and are in a better position because there are two of them, and they could easily pull in the hapless Rupert or the hapless Colby. All that, plus they have a pre-existing relationship with Parvati. JT feels--rightly, I think--that his best chance is to pull the flipper (in this case, the fastasy-land version of Russell) into his orbit and build a sub-alliance from there.

If he votes out Russell at this point, though it gives him a temporary majority, he might as well stop trying, because there's no way he makes it past F5 at best, in my opinion.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-22-10, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
I keep trying to imagine how the spoiling would have gone this season, were it not for the "Outside Spoilers" that so dramatically changed the way we are thinking about things this season.

Were there any clues in the editing or interviews or previews this week that could have lead to us to conclude JT was going home tonight?

Or would this have been the big surprise episode that, without outside spoilers, we all would have gotten wrong?

I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Krautboy

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-10, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "PROMOS EDITED IN LIGHT OF THE SPOILERS?"
I actually suspect that CBS promos have been edited and released taking into consideration the fact that the cycle has been spoiled since last summer.

Anyone else?

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-22-10, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
Well, as VG points out at Survivor Phoenix, J.T. has been shown in blue in the promos. Anymore, the 'Blue Alert' has been a pretty good predictor of an imminent boot.

Other than that, I'm not sure we would all come to the conclusion that J.T. was a goner. I probably would have argued that Russell thought he could control him, so that would save him for now.

04-22-10, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
Ah yes, "The Blue Alert", we'll have to add that to the list of spoiler tools for next season.

Krautboy

04-22-10, 05:51 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
I think most of us would have guessed JT anyway -- if anything, it's been set up with a sledgehammer:

1) Much has been made of the Heroes incorrectly assuming a female alliance is in charge at the Villains camp.

2) In last week's preview JT's idea to pass the idol was introduced with the "Stupidest Moves Ever" montage. The episode was called "Survivor History," so at that point the show was already treating it as the stupidest move ever.

3) This week's Episode Title "Going Down In Flames" tells us the Heroes' plan will fail.

4) Parvati's confessional that RussHell is going to stab JT in the heart with the HII -- Parvati and RussHell are clearly being edited as power players.

The only thing possibly working against it is this CBS clue --

Reunited on the merged tribe, two old friends rekindle an alliance but trust doesn't come easily for this powerful pair, and one castaway makes an unprecedented play, setting the stage for one of the most surprising Tribal Councils in Survivor history.

Since JT getting booted shouldn't really be a surprise, this clue might lead people to think something else happens at TC. It might make me wonder if Parvati and Amanda unite to take RussHell out. But much was made of Parvati finding the other idol last week, so some of us *might* guess that both idols being used would be the unprecedented play, and that that is what creates a surprising TC, rather than the boot itself.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-22-10, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
Good points BR, but "Going down in flames" could mean a number of things. To me, it just means someone is going down hard. I don't know that the title itself, at least to me, pinpoints J.T. as the boot.

They had to showcase the Heroes focusing incorrectly on a female alliance in order to explain J.T. giving up that idol.

The emphasis last week on dumb Survivor moves in history did make everyone believe that J.T.'s plan would join that category I think, but again, not sure if that seals the deal on J.T. being booted, or just seals the fate of the Heroes. Going into merge even numbers, it's stupid to open your group up to a pagonging.

04-22-10, 06:31 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
I wouldn't say that "Going Down In Flames" pinpoints JT as the boot either. But taking everything together, it shouldn't be a shock that he would get booted.

I suppose you could choose anyone on the Heroes tribe as the boot pick, but the Villains were portrayed as *SO* villainous last week, JT should certainly receive prime consideration.

04-22-10, 07:14 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
Good question, Kraut. I think JT would be a strong boot possibility for this week, even without spoilers, because of the way the HII risky play has been edited in all the promos...plus it makes sense for the Villains to go after the biggest Hero physical threat. But without spoilers, I'd personally still be holding out hope for Parv/Amanda to pull off a girls alliance..and there's no way I would have seen the Danielle boot coming or the upcoming boot order.

P.S. Michel in the Editing thread (which I believe is spoiler free) is leaning toward Parv/Russell as the 2 strongest winner contenders at this point...and Candice and Sandra are seen as getting pretty strong edits.

04-23-10, 07:15 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
This is a very good question to be asking...

The first thing that I thought about after watching the epp was Parv talking about how Jerri "likes Russel" because how he "protected" her.

Maybe that would have been a clue that Jerri would have been protected later on?

JT going this week would be kinda obvious as Russel has said several times before had how they need to remove him when they merge. (After getting the idol from him.) + you have the fact that Russel really dosen't enjoy playing the game with other males..

Then you have the title of the episode "Going down in flames". I would think this would refer to the "Water tribe" Heroes losing to the "Fire tribe" Villans. So if anything a Hero would have gone this ep.

Now the crazy two idol thing, no I dont think we had any clue really that they BOTH would be used.. Anyone else find it funny how all the idols that were found/given to the villans were never used by the one finding it or was given too? (to date that is.)

04-23-10, 09:47 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
Yes, I agree with Brownroach. I think we would have figured it out. JT is the one that's been running amuk at the Heroe's camp. He found the HII and it was his hairbrained idea to give it to RussHell, despite the warnings from Amanda. And, it got back to Parv that it was indeed her that they wanted gone, as the supposed leader and someone with a direct connection to their tribe, Amanda.

Then, as BR noted, all of the hype about Survivor History. Also, traditionally around merge time a potentially powerful challenge hog gets targeted. JT surely fit that bill. And, as far as the OFG theory, he's been all over that, and I do believe he's had quite a confessional spike as of late as well....but, I haven't been keeping track.

I really hope that next season they can keep their contestants from spilling everything they know...just to make it a little more challenging for us!

04-24-10, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Would we have suspected a JT boot?"
I think the long-standing tradition of booting a II challege threat straight away after the merge alone would have made many think that JT would be likely to go now.

Bouquet by c2p

04-23-10, 07:32 AM (EST)
38. "Hindsight, post merge"
Last night we got a surprise....It was Danielle that won the IC, NOT Parvati. All along I was speculating that it would indeed be Danielle that goes on the immunity run...might she be the one that does, and then gets booted the first time she doesn't win it, for fear that she may just keep winning through to the end. It would fit for her earlier than expected demise....?

04-23-10, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Hindsight, post merge"
Hard to say.

Now that I think about it, it could have been that Parvati made the big move to give Danielle immunity so this is what made Blackwhale think she had won immunity (I am guessing that this poster is someone who was told intimate details about each episode, so the way it was described could have sounded like Parv won immunity because of her actions).

Really, it was a brilliant strategy because she made four people essentially immune - gave immunity to Danielle by stepping off, her stepping off leading the Heroes to believe she may have the HII if she felt so safe doing so, handing one HII to Sandra and another HII to Scerri. JT and the Heroes heard from Sandra (via Rupert) that Russhole is lying, so they probably thought he still had the HII that JT handed to him.

Essentially, the entire Villains tribe was immune and safe from being booted! What a series of moves by Parv.

04-24-10, 04:15 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Hindsight, post merge"
Too bad the Heroes didn't try a little harder to win that II. If it had gone to one of them, Parv couldn't have pulled this off.

But kudos to Parv for some brilliant play.

Bouquet by c2p

04-26-10, 04:33 PM (EST)
47. "Why Amanda?"
Imagine again if you will, that we are spoiling without the benefit of "Outside Spoliers".

What are the clues that we have to arrive at an Amanda boot?

Of the remaining heros, why is she selected over the others, and what are the spoiling tools that could have helped us arrive at that conclusion?

I'm still hoping that next season comes without a bootlist... or at least is revealed at the same time each week, ala Snewser, so that we might test our spoiling skills again.

Krautboy

04-26-10, 05:20 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Best guess, having no spoiling skills whatsoever,,,because she lied to Parv?

Amanda had a chance to ally herself with, arguably, the most manipulative player in the game, one with whom she already had a relationship, and she blew it.

04-26-10, 05:58 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Going into this episode Amanda would be the most logical boot from the Heroes for that reason, since none of the others have really done anything to mark them as targets yet.

But the previews focus on Sandra flipping and RussHell trying to "pull someone else in" -- Candice. Amanda is actually pretty absent. So I think without any spoilers Sandra and Candice would seem like strong possibilities.

Candice would fit as someone who didn't really figure into the picture much until their boot episode. Plus Jeff made a big deal about her not hanging on to win the IC last week. Sandra's presence as a character has been steadily building over the last few weeks -- particularly as a foil for RussHell.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-26-10, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Why Amanda?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-10 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

Amen, LFJ! ..

Parvati - a Virgo Sun - has a Scorpio Moon. As does Russell - a Libra Sun - and the other, arguably, most manipulative player in the Game. And this is what OFG - inarguably, the most Astrology-literate member of the Board - had to say about her own - and another - Scorpio Moon in the (shamefully) incomplete Signs of Survival:Samoa ...

Also I think it is important to post Moon signs. It's harder to do statistics with Sun and Moon signs, no doubt, but it does give a better idea of the range of personality. Note that we can't always be sure of the Moon sign, when it changes the day the person was born.

To use myself as an example again, I am an Aries with Gemini rising, which is a Fire/Air combo and pretty harmless if you can weather the bossiness and wordiness. BUT, I have a Scorpio Moon conjunct my Aries ruler, Mars, which is a whole other side to me. I'm really implacable to my enemies or anyone who screws me over. I WILL get revenge. I've had to learn how to pick my battles, lol. You just don't know me if you only know my sun sign; you would overlook the Scorpion, and overlooking the Scorpion is not wise.

Jerri Manthey, a Virgo, almost surely has a Scorpio moon (born in Germany, has a small window of time (four hours) for Libra moon, but seems Scorpionic to me. Look at the way she held on to the Colby grudge. Virgo's can hold a grudge, but Virgo-Scorpio's can REALLY hold a grudge.

So, when, as spoilers, we're looking for clues to the alliances/relationships that this Season's (or subsequent Seasons') players established (or may establish) and to the motivations that, for good or ill, influenced (or may influence) their strategies, I'll humbly suggest that clicking on the links above may help now ... and next fall.

Survivor is a crisis environment and, as its host has repeatedly said, even its most savvy and experienced players cannot be long in the Game before their innate behaviors and traits assert themselves: a fact that is not lost on the producers who administer the exhaustive battery of psychological tests that each of them undergoes and that should not, I think, be lost on us.

04-27-10, 01:28 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Thanks Georjanna! We will definately need to add the "Signs of Survival" to the Spoiler toolbox for next season.

Krautboy

04-27-10, 09:49 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Hey, G.!

Where've you been? I miss your artistic and intuitive contributions.

04-27-10, 03:18 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Georjanna, I just went to your link to the old thread and found it fascinating. If you have time, can you please share with us your thoughts about S20 and the remaining players? Please don't go to any bother to make charts -- I'm just interested in your thoughts/analysis of the remaining Villains (Jerri, Parv, Sandra, Danielle and Russell). Thanks!

04-27-10, 07:38 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Why Amanda?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-10 AT 07:40 AM (EST)

Could not agree more, KB. At least let us have a little fun trying to spoil the show the old fashioned way before spilling the boot choice every week....like the way Snewser used to do it, around 4 pm on Thursdays, would really be nice...

As for Amanda. Well, I agree with the consensus. Parvati is sitting pretty especially since she gave her idols to the fringe people in her alliance. More than likely she will get to name the boot, and RussHell may be pissed at her, but he won't really care who she chooses. Amanda was horrible regarding their get together last week. She totally blew it....even I could tell she was a liar.

But, what is interesting is that there is only one picture out of all the vidcaps that has Amanda in it...

...just look at her body language. Which, btw, I think this cap is from last weeks episode.

All of the misdirection is focused on the traitor, which the vidcaps spell out as either Sandra, Rupert, or Colby....but, we see it's most likely Sandra or Candice. They spell out, "will someone stab RussHell in the back?". They are hyping everyone against RussHell, which I have a feeling may be their battlecry for every promo here on out. But, according to the spoilers, it is not going to be any of these hypes, but Amanda. So, imo, she is either their completely hidden boot, or she's not the boot. Most likely, this is the week where CBS boldly tries for the hidden boot. But, sometimes the boot is the one that makes the most sense, and imo, Amanda would be the most logical boot, following the action from last week.

04-27-10, 09:30 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Why Amanda?"
I agree with all the posts above -- this week we could have figured out the boot with any spoilers. Since the Villains have the numbers, we could safely deduce that a Hero is going home. So that leaves us with only 4 options:

- Candice: We can rule her out since based on the vidcaps we know that Russell is trying to pull someone in. (Also, the clues tell us that someone will jump ship.) There are 3 different shots (all at different times/locations) of Candice and Russell together -- so I think we can safely say she's the one who allies with Russell and flips. Also, in the Insider Clips, she says she doesn't trust Sandra -- so we could guess that she doesn't join up with Sandra's plan to get Russell. So I think we can safely say she won't be the Hero to go home this week.

- Rupert: With a broken toe, he's no physical threat. (Heck, even without a broken toe.) Everyone pokes fun at him, so he's no jury threat. He's a provider and does a lot of work around camp, so he's a good one to keep around for a while. And if Sandra has any pull, she'll want to keep him around since they have a prior relationship, for what it's worth.

- Colby: Normally I'd say he's the biggest physical threat and should be the 1 of the 4 remaining Heroes to go next. However, this season (whether intentional or not), he hasn't been doing as well in challenges. AND, we know from the Insider Clips that Jerri and Dandielle both have the hots for him....so I think they'll want to keep their eye candy around for a while, esp. if the choice is between him and Amanda.

- So that leaves Amanda as the remaining boot choice. She's the biggest physical threat remaining. As noted above, she lied to Parv, and Parv probably isn't happy about it. And even if Par was ready to forgive her, from Russell's, Jerri's and Danielle's perspective, they will want her gone to eliminate that option from Parv. (One less threat) And as Flo Po points out, she's barely in the vidcaps....and yes, I checked and that vidcap is a recycled shot from last week. (Several of the shots are old.)

So I do think we could have figured out the boot this week. The RC and IC are another whole story, though. They've given us no vidcaps at all of the RC, and it's extremely hard to guess who wins on the IC given the nature of the challenge. So that would be impossible without outside spoilers.

Fun thread, Krautboy! Thanks for starting this one.

04-27-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Candice: We can rule her out since based on the vidcaps we know that Russell is trying to pull someone in...So I think we can safely say she won't be the Hero to go home this week.

With no outside spoilers I'd have to disagree that it'd be safe to rule out Candice. Attempts to flip don't always succeed. If Parvati, Danielle, Jerri and Sandra were unhappy with this turn of events, and if the other Heroes got wind of Candice's plan, any combination of people might team up to vote Candice out this week.

Similarly, if Russell doesn't trust Sandra and pulls in Candice as a replacement, the new quintet of Villains might decide to oust Sandra this week.

I agree Amanda would be ahead of Colby and Rupert as a target since she lied to Parvati. But I think any of Candice, Sandra and Amanda would be conceivable as this week's boot if we didn't have outside spoilers to fall back on.

04-27-10, 03:25 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Why Amanda?"
BR, good point about Candice. I was forgetting that I'm feeling it's a sure thing she flips only because of the prior spoiler knowledge. That's the tough thing about all the spoilers this season -- it's hard to be objective!

I do think we would probably still rule out Sandra as a boot candidate, though, mainly because of her edit but also because it seems like misdirection and it would still be a bit risky for Russell to vote her out at this point. (Then Candice could flip back and the Heroes would be even again at that point.) But you never know. Here's to hoping next season is far less spoiled! And I'm also hoping there will be far less HIIs.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-10, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Why Amanda?"
And can we add far less Russell since he seems to be the common denominator between the two spoiled seasons!

04-27-10, 05:06 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Why Amanda?"
From what I can piece together on various boards, the problem is not just Russell. All Stars don't adhere to their "no blab" agreements. There have been a lot of parties in LA and elsewhere, and there's been a lot of talk.

When multiple people showed up with the intent of spoiling, at first they intended to feed them gradually, but they got caught up in the competition, and on scooping each other. I'll post mine before he beats me to it mentality. He got the boot list so I'll fill in details. That's why the lists rushed onto the boards as early as October.

I agree that CBS is going for their hidden boot with Amanda - wants us to think that Sandra is flipping the game. CBS believes the America is gripped with concern over Russell's fate each week - that he's the water cooler topic.

04-27-10, 04:26 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Thank you all for the excellent analysis. That's the kind of real spoiling I'm talking about...and hoping we have next season.

I agree that the combination of Amanda's lie, and her absence from the promos and vidcaps would have made us suspicious... Add to that, the misdirection of Sandra’s “strategy revealed”, and Amanda would have probably been under serious consideration, even without the outside spoilers.

The problem with this season’s spoilers is that they are too reliable. In past seasons we often had what were claims of “outside spoilers”, but most were fakes or flawed or intentional misinformation. Those spoilers forced us to be more objective and spoil the show after sorting out what was factual and reliable, from what needed to be ignored or discarded.

I’m secretly hoping this season's outside spoilers are all part of an elaborate scheme to leave us all shocked when we watch the Finale and Russell wins by a unanimous vote! The scar that would leave would remind us to always be objective and never rely on the outside spoilers to do for us what we can do for ourselves…

Krautboy

04-27-10, 07:51 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Krautboy, bite your tongue! I would love for anyone to win but RUSSHELL! I just don't enjoy him at all, I think they have sunk to new levels with the likes of him. But, I suppose that's just the reaction that SEG is hoping for....

Now, onto the spoiling. What about the challenges for this week, shall we take a stab at them. Historically, I have found that usually the winner of the challenge is among the vidcaps of the challenges. For example, from last weeks challenge we had this picture...

Parv beat JT...

Sandra beat Rupert:

...the villains beat the heroes.

So, for this week could our winner possibly be one of these:

RussHell:

Colby:

Sandra:

And, who is this with the black tiles:

they are wearing long khaki pants...looks like it could be a guy...Rupert?

04-27-10, 08:02 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Why Amanda?"
Great thought, FloPo. I didn't realize that was a trend to show the winner in the IC vidcaps...good to know.

Re the khaki pants person: Rupert's the only one left with khaki pants (although I'm not so sure about whether anyone else has Khaki shorts). So I think you're right....although does that that arm look too skinny/not hairy enough to be Rupert?

Or could that arm possibly be a woman? It can't be Candice, since we see her name on the structure to the right of Russell, so she's the one with the orange tiles. So that leaves Rupert, Amanda, Parv and Jerri as the possibilities....Maybe I'll go hunting for arm shots if I have time late tonight .

04-27-10, 08:39 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Why Amanda?"
This week we have some good old fashion outside spoiler doubt...Blackwhale originally stated that Jerri gets three votes to Amanda's 6. He also stated that Jerri wins Immunity this week and later acknowledged that he had doubts...so we really don't know what to think and may have to spoil the IC without Blackwhale!

FloPo, I like your approach...following along those lines, there is another spoiler that says Russell uses the HII this week, even though he doesn't need to. IF that is correct, then he probaly doesn't win immunity.

Then according to your theory, that would leave Sandra and Colby.
Colby's tower looks like it is just starting to fall, and Sandra's just collapsed, so it's anyone's immunity to win.

Sandra could have the confidence to go after Russell if she were wearing the necklace.

Colby as the traditional challenge threat, may need immunity to redirect the vote to one of the other heros.

I hope the outside spoilers are wrong and Parvati doen't win...

Krautboy

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-10, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "Episode 12 vid cap analysis"
I pointed out in my SOTS that CBS gave us both the boots:

But they also gave us the second immunity challenge winner along with the bootee. Too bad we don't have hindsight before hand, lol.

The other people highlighted by the "2 people leaving":

Sandra finding the idol

There was also one blurry one of Colby. But along with the boots, CBS really highlighted our F3 and their immunity wins and finding the idol. If everything hadn't been so spoiled I would have spent more time with the vidcaps than I did. I really, reallly hope next season isn't so spoiled!!

05-07-10, 08:39 PM (EST)
65. "Clues pointing to Rupert?"
Once again, putting the outside spoilers aside, what are the clues that would point to Rupert as next weeks boot during an unspoiled season?

The "Boot Decoy" Theorem:
Rupert was the boot decoy for both Candice and Danielle last week, which makes him a primary target this week.

The "Strategies Revealed do not Succeed" Axiom:
The preview for this week shows Russell forming a final three alliance with Rupert and Colby...misdirection away from the Rupert boot. Based on what we've seen this season, even casual viewers would have a hard time believing that that alliance would succeed. Russell knows it would be tribal council suicide to take two heros to the final three with him.

The "OutFrontGirl Theory":
Rupert, along with most everyone else is shown in the previews for next week, only Jerri is not. We might use this in conjunction with other evidence to conclude Jerri is safe at the next tribal council and that Rupert is at risk.

The "Confessional Spike" Rule:
Rupert had a spike in the number of confessionals last week, which often occurs in their pre-boot episode, as the editors solidify the picture of the character they want to leave us with. In Rupert's case, the stubborn hero, coming up with too little too late...

What else?

Krautboy

05-08-10, 08:34 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Clues pointing to Rupert?"
What else?

The numbers are in favour of the original Villains to stay together (Russhole/Parv/Sandra/Scerri) and the remaining Heroes are in the minority. So it's logical to assume that either Colby or Rupert is the next to go. If the Villains know anything at all about Sandra, they'll fear that she might flip when there's a final five, so they *have* to take out one of the two remaining Heroes to maintain control of the game. Scerri would also be a good bet to flip if she sees that there's a choice of going with any two of Russ/Parv/Sandra vs. Colby/Rupert to the final three.

So, it's clear that a Hero has to go in order for Russ/Parv to keep control of the numbers. Scerri and Sandra won't risk a tie vote, as long as it isn't them as the boot.

Now... Colby or Rupert? We saw Colby keeping his mouth shut and out of trouble for the most part. Colby has been weak in challenges. Rupert hasn't been much better but he did have the confrontation with Russhole last episode, and we have seen repeatedly what happens when someone goes against Russhole over the past two seasons - they get booted.

The trend continues - Rupert gets booted because he's one of the two remaining Heroes and he's the one who dared to go up against Russhole. The villains could afford to go after Danielle last episode and save Rupert for later, but this time the numbers dictates they have to boot him now or lose control of the game.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-08-10, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Clues pointing to Rupert?"
Yeah, RussHell knows it would be Tribal Council suicide to take two Heroes to the finals with him. Of course, he doesn't know that's he's on a road to Tribal Council suicide anyway.

05-08-10, 09:08 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Clues pointing to Rupert?"
What else?

Good old fashoined pagoning.

Bouquet by c2p

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •