The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-09-10, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-10 AT 11:23 AM (EST)

I thought some of the votes were a surprise tonight, so I was very interested in hearing what people had to say when they voted. It appears that the "Sandra seed" worked and Parv convinced Danielle to vote out Coach because they were concerned that Coach/Russell might team up with JT/Rupert at the merge. I think this was actually a smart play on Parv's part -- now Russell's options are limited and he's more reliant on her and Danielle. Also, it appears that Jerri was out of the loop that Coach was going home.

Coach (Courtney): Courtney, you are the Sorceress, but your time in this game has ended. It's time to join the Wizard.

Danielle (Coach): I did not want to do this, but you told Russell that you were gonna pull Russell with JT and Rupert. You said it in the last 3 days and I had no reason to trust you. Sorry.

Russell (Courtney; marks vote in corner): This is supposed to be a vote that I just throw off. I hope it works.

Sandra (Coach) -- Coach, you sat there this afternoon talking about trust and alliances. Where were you at last Tribal Council when we trusted you in our alliance and needed you to get rid of Russell? So for that you have to pay. Adios.

Jerri (Courtney) -- Courtney, I'm going to miss you terribly around camp. Your stories that make me laugh, and your morale boosts. But I do look forward to hanging out with you in New York like we promised each other. Take it easy. (Side note: in another clip, Danielle talks about how Jerri was feeling dizzy and raised her hand to sit out the challenge (because she was sick) without consulting with the rest of the team. Also, Danielle says Jerri slept around camp all day -- so that seems to confirm that Jerri was out of the loop.)

Courtney (Coach) -- You're a freaking lunatic. I don't even care which one of us goes. I'm just glad I don't have to live with you around camp anymore. Nice feather (swears).

Parv (Coach) -- (In a very smug tone!) What do they call the girl who slays the Dragonslayer? I don't know, why don't you go home and do some Tai Chi and think about it and get back to me on that one. (Side note: In another clip, Parv gushes about how she's so happy to get rid of Coach because he was out to get her and treated her badly.

Edited to correct Parv's vote.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 More Ep. 8 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 04-09-10 1
   RE: More Ep. 8 Insider Clips CTgirl 04-09-10 3
       RE: More Ep. 8 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 04-09-10 6
   RE: More Ep. 8 Insider Clips Outfrontgirl 04-10-10 14
 RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips PhillyBrat 04-09-10 2
   RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 04-09-10 4
       RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips BedfordRobbie 04-09-10 8
   RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips BedfordRobbie 04-09-10 7
 RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips emydi 04-09-10 5
   RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 04-09-10 9
       RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips emydi 04-09-10 10
           RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips Belle Book 04-09-10 11
               RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips ADKer 04-09-10 12
       RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips Outfrontgirl 04-10-10 13
           RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 04-10-10 15
               RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips Outfrontgirl 04-11-10 16
 Post on Sandra's Facebook page SquidProQuo 04-11-10 17
   RE: Post on Sandra's Facebook page ginger0226 04-11-10 19
       RE: Post on Sandra's Facebook page SquidProQuo 04-12-10 20
 RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips SquidProQuo 04-11-10 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-09-10, 05:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "More Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
VILLAINS TRIBE

- Interesting scene between Courtney and Coach. Courtney talks to Coach about the possibility of him and Jerri teaming up with her and Sandra to vote out Russell. Coach says he relishes the idea of "sweet revenge" and he'll "never forgive Russell for voting out my friends Tyson and Rob." (Hmmm, sounds like Coach is definitely NOT a jury vote for Russell, despite R's ploy tonight of voting for Courtney.) The scene ends with Coach saying he'll have to convince Jerri...which obviously never happens (too bad).

- Courtney talks about how she and Sandra consider themselves "free agents" and they'll flop or do whatever it takes to get to the end. She says that they decided to sit back and wait, and sure enough, both "sides" (R/P/D and J/C) came to them about voting.

- Jerri has a great confessional where she talks about how dumb the Villains were to think that the tree mail promising a meal meant that it was the merge. She said "they looked like fools" carrying all their items to the challenge. She also said that Coach made a stupid decision to sit out Sandra and Courtney for the challenge. She said she could care less about pizza and wants to win immunities!

- Still holding a grudge, Parv says that Coach "sleezes her out" and she feels like a "kid on Christmas" to know that he's going to be voted out.

- Russell brags about how he's the best and can take down these "all star dumb-as%@#es." He says he's been feeling light headed and really wanted the pizza reward, but he'll do what it takes to win and if a doctor or someone tries to take him out of the game they'll have to fight him first.

- Funny scene where the camera pans around the Villain camp and it's a total mess, with garbage laying around everywhere, etc. Coach says it's a metaphor for how the tribe operates -- every man or woman for himself.

- Secret scene is Coach giving Russell a cross and making him part of the Knights of Round Table. They promise to never lie to each other and take each other "to the end." The scene ends with Coach saying "I just made my bed right there." (This must be an earlier clip, before Rob gets booted.)

- Coach is coach in his Final Words and Day After . I couldn't make it through the clips.

HEROES TRIBE

Looks like Candice and Amanda are bonding...and at least 3 of his fellow tribe members are cautious about JT:

- Candice talks about how there's a gender divide within the Heroes. JT and Rupert are condescending to her and Amanda, and they won't allow them to get involved in things like fishing or the fire. She says there's a fine line between being a gentleman and a misogynist.

- Colby says he and JT are becoming buddies and will probably remain friends outside the game, but inside the game he still doesn't trust him. He says that the girls are now aware of how JT has been playing them off each other (Candice obviously shared this with Colby). Colby says if there's one thing he's learned since playing Survivor, it's not to make the women mad at you.

- JT says the Heroes are ready to get dirty and do what it takes to win...and the Villains seem defeated. He says Russell was the only Villain willing to try hard in the mud challenge -- he makes fun of Parv, Coach, etc. for not wanting to put their face in the mud.

- Amanda and Candice spend an entire day doing laundry (boiling clothes). Amanda complains that Rupert smells the worst. In another clip, Amanda talks about how Rupert likes to catch lizards, etc. as pets and calls one "bubba". She says he's like a little kid.

A couple of hunger-related videos:
- Colby talks about how when tree mail promised the "best feast yet," the others talked about steak but he was hoping for crunchy peanut butter.
- Rupert says he shared his secret stash of foot-long bananas with the tribe since he wasn't sure if the merge was coming.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-10, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: More Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
Parvati says Coach sleazes her out, yet she cuddles with Russell??!!

04-09-10, 11:28 AM (EST)
6. "RE: More Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
Yeah, I thought that was funny too! But like Courtney said last week, Parv will flirt with anything that walks .

We can only imagine what Parv really thinks/says about Russell. They probably won't give us those confessionals (at least for now) because they want us to think they're a tight alliance. If those confessionals ever come out later in the game, I bet it will really hurt Russell's ego because he's obviously whipped by Parv... plus he respects her game, so it'll be a double whammy if Parv says he's disgusting.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-10, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: More Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
>>> Amanda talks about how Rupert likes to catch lizards

and explains that they're these black lizards called skanks ... Rupert does this with the skanks, puts them on his head, oh his tongue, he's really into these skanks.

The thing is, Amanda, you may have skanks on the brain, but the lizards are called "skinks." (I know this only because I have them in my yard. Kind of like a cross between a snake and a lizard.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-10, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
This is nice insight.

Did Coach ever mention who the Wizard is? (Could it be Tyson?)

Sandra's vote is really really good. She is turning into a major player and I am enjoy it!

Poor Jerri, I really hoped that they told her Coach would be next to go. I didn't expect her to vote for him, however she looked really pissed after the vote. (She is always looking pissed more recently..)

I Also loved Court's message, because 1 of the 2 were leaving...

And I think Parv voted for Coach and not Courtney. Also very intersting that we do not see this "mean" side of Parv. I mean Russel is doing a good job of being Villan of the year, but Parv looks like an Angel next to him.

04-09-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
The Wizard is Stephen Fishbach (from Survivor Tocantins). He and Courtney are dating in real life. Coach and Stephen were on the same season originally, and Coach called him Wizard back then, so it's sort of an inside reference.

Re Jerri being out of the loop: Seems like Parv and Danielle really hate Jerri, and they probably figured she might tip off Coach, so so it was safer to keep her in the dark. (Plus it sounded like she was sick/sleeping most of that day.) Also, in the EW Secret Scene (part of Dalton Ross's recap), Danielle seems to have a negative attitude about Jerri and even says she'd be the perfect goat to take to the finals.

P.S. Thanks for catching my typo! Yes, Parv definitely voted for Coach. I will fix it.

BedfordRobbie 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-10, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BedfordRobbie Click to send private message to BedfordRobbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
Squid, didn't know Fishy and courtney were dating.

I knew Fishy was the wizard but that explains the comment.

BedfordRobbie 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-10, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BedfordRobbie Click to send private message to BedfordRobbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
>This is nice insight.
>
>Did Coach ever mention who the
>Wizard is?
>

Couch called Stephen from his original season the Wizard but I havn't heard the term used this season. He may have ment Courtney was leaving the game.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-10, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"

Russell (Courtney; marks vote in corner): This is supposed to be a vote that I just throw off. I hope it works.

This intrigues me a bit...he had to have known that Coach was going...he signed his vote so he was going for jury votes Although nobody knew the jury was coming, he guessed right that it starts at F12 like his season. He definitely has Russhell's vote in F3 well that's 1 anyway...

04-09-10, 11:43 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
Yeah, Russell guessed right on the jury but guessed wrong on the merge coming sooner like S19.

Russell's vote puzzled me a bit too, emydi. I think #1 Russell was going for Jerri's and Coach's jury votes, as you mentioned...trying to show Coach that he was loyal "to the end". (Maybe he learned a little bit from his last season about how to play the jury better!) But we learn in the Ponderosa and Insider Clips that this ploy will backfire, because Coach hates Russell the most out of everyone on the Villains tribe (because he weakened the tribe and voted out Coach's 2 best friends.) So I think there's no way Coach will ever vote for Russell if he makes the F3...unless Russell somehow redeems himself in Coach's eyes between now and the end of the game.

I was thinking maybe the 2nd reason Russell voted that way was to play up the whole notion that there's an all girls' alliance? So when the merge comes, the story could be that P/D/S/C voted off Coach and Russell had no part.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-10, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
that could be...I didn't watch the insider clips of Coach...but a lot could change in 20 days for juror Coach..also he really does not like Parvati...he could vote for Sandra but remember his crying fit with Tyson was over Sandra. And remember he is a misogynist at heart...

I guess he can tell JT that all the women voted Coach out after the real merge at F10. If JT and the Heroes actually do give Russhell the HII then he could tell them that he used it to get rid of Courtney at F11 and then actually use it in the supposed double HII use to get JT out at F10.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-09-10, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
Yeah, I think RussHell is both trying to curry votes with Jerri and Coach (especially Coach) by voting to get rid of Courtney and attempting to fool the Heroes into thinking that there's an all-female alliance. The second part might work -- the first part won't since I don't think RussHell gets any votes -- I read that somewhere.

So if Coach doesn't vote to give RussHell the million bucks, then who gets Coach's vote? Most likely Sandra, as Coach really dislikes Parvati.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-10, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
There would be a bit of irony in Sandra receiving Coach's jury vote since Sandra is probably most responsible for Coach's boot.

04-10-10, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
According to blackwhale, Coach will use his jury speech to talk up Parvati as most deserving winner. It's because she is going to win immunities, and that changes Coach es view of here. Which shows that it's way too early to figure out jury votes from what we've seen .... other than Courtney's. For example, contrary to expectations, Amanda and Parvati will hate each other instead of becoming allies.

The Wizard is Stephen. Stephen adopted that name for himself; it's not just a Coachism.

http://web.me.com/cliffdvr/Cliffs_Site/Cliffs_Blog/Entries/2009/6/27_Entry_1_files/shapeimage_13.png

Todd hooked up with Spencer from Jalapao and there's a deleted but cached photo around of Todd/Spencer/Stephen/Courtney.

It's the China-Tocantins hook-up syndrome. Let's see, if that had happened on All Stars it would have been James, Courtney, Amanda, JT, Tyson, Coach, a six-person alliance. Definitely something to fear.

04-10-10, 12:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
Fun photos - thanks! Courtney and Stephen must be such a witty, hilarious couple. And they're both New Yorkers. Maybe they'll go on Amazing Race...although nix that, neither of them are good at physical challenges.

04-11-10, 04:38 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
It would be fun but can you imagine Courtney out on some rope over the water with a brisk wind blowing ... uh-oh.

04-11-10, 05:01 PM (EST)
17. "Post on Sandra's Facebook page"
This post on Sandra's Facebook page confirms that Russell voted for Courtney to try to keep the trust of Coach and Jerri:

SURVIVOR SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE
you guys need to see the secret scenes on cbs.com, it explains alot of thing, such as russell voting for courtney and putting his initials to show jerri that he was not responsible for coach's departure, he wanted to keep his hands clean and told danielle to vote out coach.

ginger0226 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-11-10, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger0226 Click to send private message to ginger0226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Post on Sandra's Facebook page"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-10 AT 05:41 PM (EST)

I looked at all the clips on cbs' website and could not find this one...If anyone finds this clip can you post a link to it?

04-12-10, 02:23 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Post on Sandra's Facebook page"
Welcome to the board, Ginger!

I believe the clip that Sandra is referring to is the Voting Clip. Russell doesn't literally say he's courting Jerri -- you have to read between the lines (i.e., his comment that it's a "throw away vote" and the fact that he writes his initials so Jerri and Coach would know). Here's the clip:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=g6GrdFSmHyueywQmSMYFBpmELckI1V7n&vs=homepage&play=true

04-11-10, 05:09 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep. 8 Insider Clips"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-10 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

This is a funny tidbit: Blackwhale (outsider spoiler on Sucks) says that this special cross necklace that Coach gives to Russell in this Secret Scene comes into play at a later point in the game:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=RPsVnVWaS9lK_QSPcJG8Dvbw3cmH7Spc&vs=homepage&play=true

Evidently Russell gives it to Rupert at some point after the merge (to win his trust?) and Coach goes bonzo when he sees Rupert wearing it. (Just another confirmation that Coach is definitely not voting for Russell.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •