The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-10, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-10 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

*toots horn*

Brought to you by Survivor Blows, contained within is the State Of The Spoiling for Episode 8.

Now that lightning has passed by our area and power has come back on in my house, I’m finally able to get connected to the Internet at home! I think the gods are angry with me for my boot prediction to come in this SOTS.

Let’s start with what happened last episode, as told by our posters, by Jiffy and by the bootee, Boston Rob:
Our peeps got the ball rolling with a play-by-play over in the East Coast Spoiler Thread started by Snidget.

SquidProQuo brought us the Ep. 7 Insider Clips. Of note is that Rob seemed to be hell-bent on going after Russell, instead of Courtney whom Coach and Jerri seemed to want gone, so he may have dug his own grave.

Super analysis of the past episode is here in VerucaSalt’s The Players, The Game, The Editing – Survivor Heroes vs. Villains. Never a dull read there.

Jeff turns Hollywood script writer in his assessment of Rob’s boot in his EW blog.

Rob doesn’t mince words in his interviews here, here, here, here and here (Note that all interviews linked to here are in the same Interviews thread).

Let’s take a look at how this week’s episode is going to unfold.

The title of the episode is: Expectations as brought to us by Michel.

What does this mean? The consensus was that it likely had to do with what the contestants were ‘expecting’ to happen this week, a merge. Coach was shown saying “pray for a merge” in the early promos and this is right around the time when a merge would happen.

Then we saw exactly was meant by the title, ‘Expectations’, in a later promo:
VO: ... but Jeff shocks everyone.
Probst: "Everyone, drop your..."
Various players: (cheering)
Probst: "... expectations."
Various players: (moaning and groaning)
VO: New Survivor, CBS Thursday.

The press release for this episode:
A NEW POWER PLAYER EMERGES AS A PLAN IS PUT INTO MOTION THAT COULD CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF THE ENTIRE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR: HEROES VS. VILLAINS"

Struggling to keep their tribe intact, the "Heroes" vow to work together as long as it takes to ensure that they outlast the "Villains." Meanwhile, the "Villains" begin to turn on one another after one tribe member makes a costly mistake at the Reward Challenge.

This transcript may or may not be before the Reward Challenge but it goes to show the infighting going on amongst the Villains and Coach’s comment at the end may be setting the stage for the fake-out at the reward challenge:

Probst VO: Next time, on Survivor.
Probst VO: The competition gets dirty, but the real battle is at the Villains camp, where every alliance crumbles.
Courtney: "Coach is a pathological liar!"
Coach: "Russell is a bully."
Jerri: "Every single person on this team is an idiot."
Sandra: "I can't stand Jerri. I hate Coach. I hate Danielle. I hate Russell even more."
Sandra: "Why are you blaming me and Courtney?"
Danielle: "No!"
Coach: "Pray for the merge."

Rest of the vidcaps are here in the vidcaps thread brought to us by Sylvester.

Reward Challenge

This fake-out from Jiffy fits in a setting for the reward challenge, rather than for immunity. The Survivors gather and plunk down on bleachers and then are told by Jiffy that they must drop their expectations. Then they take part in the challenge, which appears to be something like a gross food one. I initially thought this could be a trivia type of challenge, but then we see that next week’s episode is titled “Survivor History” so maybe not… We see the initial elation here and then the crestfallen looks:

It would appear that Heroes win this reward challenge because of the press release saying that the Villains turn on one another after a tribe member makes “a costly mistake at the Reward Challenge.” Doesn’t sound like Mark Burnett cares if we get served this info on a silver platter, eh?

In the next cap, we see what could be reward items – it appears to be a blue tarp and maybe some sort of a portfolio/book/journal.

Immunity Challenge

The mud challenge vidcaps we see in the promos are clearly for immunity because we see the idol behind Amanda while she’s doing some exfoliating:

“Jeff, finally you get it. This is what I signed up for!”

The challenge appears to be a repeat of the Guatemala Episode 10 challenge called “Mudslide” where teams of two were connected by a rope and had to go through a mud pit obstacle course. Here, there doesn’t seem to be any pairings tied to each other, but rather going on their own in twos.

There’s a lot of muddy vidcaps but no clear indicator who might win solely based on the caps, so we’ll have to rely on what we’ve been force-fed throughout the season in the way of source spoilers: Heroes win immunity here. (thanks to TDT and Phoenix for all of the vidcaps)

(Run! It’s the Swamp Monster!)

We don’t have much to go on based on the clues and vidcaps as to who is the boot. Logically, the candidates are the ones who were on Rob’s side during the Rob-Russell ego clash. But keep in mind that Coachebag was the clear fence-sitter last episode and history have shown us that fence-sitters aren’t long for the game because they are too unpredictable for the rest of the tribemates. I’m going to use that as my reasoning for going with Coachebag as my boot choice this week.

Adios, Dragon-slayer. At least now he’ll have some free time to update his brother’s blog with his latest epic adventures. Watch out for the pygmies over at Loser Lodge, eh?

So. Agree or disagree with the Coach boot pick? Hop on over to dabo’s Vote Thread and tell us what you think. Don’t be afraid to be a lemming – it’s a democracy and your thoughts will always count!

Looking ahead, Michel has brought us Episode 9’s title, ”Survivor History”. This might have to do with a trivia challenge using 19 seasons of Survivor history to pull questions from … or it might be something similar to last season’s hype of “The first-ever disqualification!” when it was actually about the third or fourth such occurrence. Or perhaps a quiz based on the thousands of Coachebag dragon-slaying and pygmy-munching stories told in camp.

*WARNING* Strong stomachs are needed to read this next part. Please empty your stomachs of any breakfast items before proceeding. Is Russhole coming back for a 3rd season?. Hard to say if the article is legit, but it's got to be posted while it's still up for discussion! Edited to remove link since it may have a virus, as per dabo's post below. See dabo's post for the contents of the article - thanks for the warning. I *knew* Russhole was a walking virus, huh?

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... Estee 04-08-10 1
 RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... BrassFan 04-08-10 2
   RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... BedfordRobbie 04-08-10 3
 RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... goldenmike4393 04-08-10 4
   RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... Tearss 04-08-10 6
       RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... dabo 04-08-10 7
 WARNING! dabo 04-08-10 5
   MY SYSTEM WOULD NOT ALLOW ME ONTO T... goldenmike4393 04-08-10 12
   RE: WARNING! PepeLePew13 04-08-10 18
 RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... Snidget 04-08-10 8
   Dont' be silly. Estee 04-08-10 10
       RE: Dont' be silly. Snidget 04-08-10 11
           RE: Dont' be silly. goldenmike4393 04-08-10 13
 RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... Flowerpower 04-08-10 9
 RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... Brownroach 04-08-10 14
   RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... Estee 04-08-10 16
 RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- Stat... SquidProQuo 04-08-10 15
   Survivor Producer Held for Question... SquidProQuo 04-08-10 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
Please empty your stomachs of any breakfast items before proceeding.

*shrug* I've gotten used to not watching. Keeping a habit going isn't exactly a problem.

On the other hand, as noted in the article, whatever group they stick him with will know his game -- unless EPMB decides the season's theme is 'Nineteen people who've never watched plus one ringer', stolen directly from DWTS. This forces RussHell to either change his game or leave. The first option is the longshot.

As for his home life, I'm going to need a few seconds to properly not care...

Pepe sabotages his own SOS! I knew this was catching!

BrassFan 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-08-10, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"

>*WARNING* Strong stomachs are needed to
>read this next part.
>Please empty your stomachs of
>any breakfast items before proceeding.
> Is Russhole coming back >for a 3rd season?>.
>Hard to say if the
>article is legit, but it's
>got to be posted while
>it's still up for discussion!

My only issue with that is...by the time he gets back for another season, people will have seen his gameplay...So, his "I'll create chaos by hiding/destroying/moving this thingy" won't work, since everyone will know he did it when something turns up afoul. His "I'll hunt for a hidden idol" won't work, because people will follow him everywhere. His, "I'll make an alliance with everyone" won't work, because everyone knows about it.

Based on the fact that he's not some kind of challenge superhero, I'd expect him to be voted out fairly quickly...

BedfordRobbie 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-08-10, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BedfordRobbie Click to send private message to BedfordRobbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
I hope this is wrong, 3 seasons in a row of RussHell's antics could put me off of Survivor forever. Russ has been interesting to watch, but enough already. Unless he totally changes his style of play he can't win so why bother giving him another try.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
Thank you, Pep, for a SOTS well done!

Of course, you've upset nearly everyone with the mention of a possibility that RussHELL would have yet a third shot!

Let's pray that it doesn't happen. Or, let's pray that everyone becomes his "Yes Man" and then backstabs him at the first possible TC opportunity.

Tearss 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-08-10, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tearss Click to send private message to Tearss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
First I have to say THANK YOU ALL !!!!
I've read the boards for a long time and enjoy you all.
Now for the reason I signed in today.
Everyone is wondering if there will be a marge. I have noticed that Jeffy is wearing a new colored hat in the previews. I'm guessing new hat maybe they will......

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
Welcome aboard!

Good catch on different Jiffies! Obviously this means two separate events.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "WARNING!"
Clicking on the "Russhole coming back for third season" link may be dangerous. My system alerted

FakeAlert.Gen
BB28ENOM
Adware
Critical

Something on that page may be screwy thanks to an admonkey. Text of article follows in hidden text.

Survivor Heroes Vs. Villains: Russell Will Be Back For A Third Season Of Survivor

Survivor Commentary by Michael Keneski of Survivor Reality Show Blog
April 5, 2010

As I have previously reported, it is now looking more and more likely that the rumors of Russell Hantz playing a third edition of Survivor are all but true.

Producers have been mum on the topic but according to close friends and relatives, Russell will in fact be playing again!

As far as the ramifications to this bit of news, let's delve into that shall we????

Like I have stated before, I think the news of Russell coming back to play the game a third time is an indication that he doesn't win Heroes VS Villains either.

It would make very little sense for both Russell and the producers to get together yet again if the Evil One conquered Heroes Vs Villains. It is no secret however that the producers have a huge man crush on Russell as he is definately a boost to ratings and would be more than willing to let him come back and try again for that elusive title that many feel he deserves.

There are also strong rumors that Russell is having serious marital problems and his canoodling with Parvati certainly won't help matters.

Spending so much time away from home can't help either. Proof of possible turmoil is shown on Melanie Hantz' MySpace page where she lists herself as single. Interesting.

Finally, maybe the producers are giving Russell another shot so that the large legion of Evil One haters like me can finally see his torch snuffed out.

I am still holding out home to see it in Heroes Vs Villains but at this point its looking like he is going far again and I won't get my wish.

Either way, get ready for some more machete hiding, bold face lying, and idol searching from Survivor's most talked about player ever.

In my opinion, I could care less whether he comes back or not.

I hate the man but I will admit he makes the show more interesting with his antics and makes you want to root for his ouster so much more.

After the publicity he has gotten in season 19 and season 20, I find it very hard to believe the new batch of players will allow him to get a hold of the game. Better to vote him out right away before he does his thing.

Of course the sensible thing never seems to happen on Survivor. Is that producers influence? We've been down that road before, so who knows.

What do you all think about this? Is this good for the show? Or have you had enough of Russell? Let me know with a post.

04-08-10, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "MY SYSTEM WOULD NOT ALLOW ME ONTO THAT LINK EITHER"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-10 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

I learned not to go onto sites that my system alerts on...

So, I don't know if RussHELL will be allowed a THIRD BITE AT THE APPLE but I hope not.

RussHELL is a very dangerous person on the show and in real life . He's the kind of person from whom you should run "the other way". He will snuff your torch if you don't agree with him. And, he will snuff your torch if you do carry his water once he no longer needs you.

Appeasers are eaten last. He will eat you only he will eat you LAST. He should have been the very first boot of this show.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: WARNING!"
D'oh! Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't see a warning on either my home puter or work puter, but played it safe and took out the link.

(and I also ran a virus check on both puters to CMA)

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
And here I thought the thing on OT about RussHell 3.0 was a joke.

What, they are going to torture every single group of Survivors with him until someone finally votes him to win just so EPMB will give it up?

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

04-08-10, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Dont' be silly."
The challenge will then become seeing if he can win two in a row.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dont' be silly."
Honestly, hasn't EPMB made enough money he can just give RussHell a million and some sort of engraved trophy?

04-08-10, 05:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Dont' be silly."
Let's take up a collection.

We can pay him TO JUST GO AWAY!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"

Great job, as always, Pepe! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

Cannot believe that already there is press on RussHole returning for a third season. I say, let him return. Next time around everyone will have seen his game play and be on to him. I would love to see him knocked out before he even starts...I would love to see Rob come back for a fourth time and nail him to the wall.

one nation, under Romber...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
Good job on the SOTS, Pepe.

As for Russell returning, I thought there was an item while S19 was in progress that RussHell was basically told that he could be on the show anytime he wanted to. Can't remember if this came directly from Probst, probably not. But if CBS thinks he's good for ratings, and he *wants* to keep doing it, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him a few more times. Even if he gets booted early each time.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

04-08-10, 06:47 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
So the question becomes 'Is RussHell such a gigantic self-obsessed ego-consumed jerk that he would show up in every single season, knowing he's gone as soon as his tribe loses Immunity, just for the sake of taking a slot away from someone else?'

To ask the question is to know the answer.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-08-10, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor HvH, Episode 8 -- State of the Spoiling"
Thanks Pepe -- great SOTS!! I totally agree with your reasoning on the Coach boot. By trying to play both sides, Coach set himself up as the fence sitter.

Re Russell coming back for another season: Wasn't there talk about a Russell vs. Richard Hatch show-down? I read that it fell through because the judge wouldn't allow Hatch to do it. Maybe if Hatch gets out of prison, they'll resurrect that idea?

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-08-10, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Survivor Producer Held for Questioning in Wife's Death"
Breaking news this evening:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/04/exclusive-interview-survivor-producers-dead-wife-recently-learned-he-was-having

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •