The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-10, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-10 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

In process of bringing over the preview vidcaps - thank you as always to Survivor Phoenix....

Transcripts:

Probst VO: Next time, on Survivor.
Probst VO: The competition gets dirty, but the real battle is at the Villains camp, where every alliance crumbles.
Courtney: "Coach is a pathological liar!"
Coach: "Russell is a bully."
Jerri: "Every single person on this team is an idiot."
Sandra: "I can't stand Jerri. I hate Coach. I hate Danielle. I hate Russell even more."
Sandra: "Why are you blaming me and Courtney?"
Danielle: "No!"
Coach: "Pray for the merge."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... sol 04-02-10 1
   RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 3
       RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... sylvester 04-02-10 4
       RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 5
           RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 6
 RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... sylvester 04-02-10 2
   RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 7
       RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 10
           RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... tribephyl 04-02-10 11
               RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 13
                   RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... Georjanna 04-02-10 14
   RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 8
   RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... tribephyl 04-02-10 12
 RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-02-10 9
 New Promo Vidcaps sylvester 04-03-10 15
   RE: New Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 04-03-10 16
       RE: New Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 04-04-10 20
           RE: New Promo Vidcaps PepeLePew13 04-04-10 22
               RE: New Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 04-05-10 24
   RE: New Promo Vidcaps jbug 04-05-10 28
       RE: New Promo Vidcaps SquidProQuo 04-05-10 29
 RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-03-10 17
 RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-03-10 18
   RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-03-10 19
       RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... Karchita 04-04-10 21
           RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-05-10 23
               RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... PhillyBrat 04-05-10 25
                   RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidca... SquidProQuo 04-05-10 26
 PIP promo SquidProQuo 04-05-10 27
   RE: PIP promo jbug 04-06-10 32
       RE: PIP promo PepeLePew13 04-06-10 33
 Full web promo is up SquidProQuo 04-05-10 30
   RE: Full web promo is up goldenmike4393 04-06-10 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-02-10, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Staying clean in a muddy challenge:

I wonder who's scrawny legs those could be?

Jerri?

Coaches prayers may be answered.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-02-10, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Thanks for bringing these over, Cat.

You can see in this shot that Jerri is definitely sitting out this challenge (she's in the green pants/outfit). Maybe she's getting the Princess treatment now that she flipped? I wouldn't put it past Russell to "punish" Courtney and Sandra and make them do this challenge. Of course, if the mud challenge is the reward, maybe they just want to save sitting out Courtney and Sandra for the IC.

A woman with knee socks is the other person sitting out -- must be either Courtney or Danielle since they both wear those kinds of socks.

04-02-10, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"

I think that is Danielle sitting out with Jerri.

04-02-10, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"

P.S. Just noticed in this vidcap that it appears to be Danielle's face in the background.

So looks like Jerri and Danielle are the 2 Villains sitting out the mud challenge. I'm guessing that means it's for reward, since Jerri and Danielle are their 2 most athletic women and I'd think the Villains would want to save them for IC. (Of course last week they played Courtney and Sandra at IC, which surprised me.)

Also, does anyone know what season this mud challenge is from? I will try to google to find it.

04-02-10, 02:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Sorry, didn't mean to repeat what you had just posted! Looks like we were posting at the same time .

04-02-10, 02:42 PM (EST)
2. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
I lightened up that first vidcap so that it was more visible. Not sure that it is pertinent to anything, but here it is:

04-02-10, 02:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
I just googled Survivor challenge and "crawl through mud" and here's what came up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1y4P2kNVno

This is from episode 1 of Vanautu. It's a multi-phased challenge. In the 1st phase, everyone has to do the mud crawl (at the same time - it's not 1 by 1). If you watch, you see how some players help their teammates to get through.

Then in Vanautu the next 2 phases were:
- Box maze (not sure they'd do this again, it's really similar to the 2nd part of the big rolling ball with some inside challenge, which they already did)
- Walking across a balance beam

I can definitely see how this challenge would tie in with the CBS clues for this week as well as the promo transcript. Courtney and Sandra must slow the Villains down, and Danielle probably blames them for not winning reward.

04-02-10, 03:53 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Sorry, looks like I'm wrong about what challenge this is! I just checked on TDT, and he says that the mud challenge this week is called Mudslide and it's from the Guatemala season. I haven't been able to find a clip yet, but I'll post it if I do.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-10, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-10 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

From Guatemala. For Reward.
Final 8, 2 teams of four. In pairs, teams muck their way through over/under obstacles, to a cache of corn-filled urns. Return urns (and corn), through obstacles to Larger urn at start mat, dump corn in. next pair goes.
Repeat until larger urn is filled to top.

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/survivor/videos/2469335/title/survivor-11-reward-challenge-mudslide

04-02-10, 05:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Thanks Tribe! I forgot how badly Lydia sucked at this challenge. I have a feeling Sandra is not going to do well either...it would be hilarious if she is tethered with Russell or some other Chet/Joel combo.

Since this is run in pairs and the Heroes are down to 5, does that mean they'll only have 2 pairs who keep repeating? Or will they rotate? (Not sure that would work -- they'd have to untie and re-tether in between runs.)

If it is just 4 (2 pairs) from each team, then that would probably mean that JT/Colby and Amanda/Candice would be the 2 Heroes pairs, with Rupert sitting out. Is Rupert in any of the vidcaps? They're all so freakin' muddy I can hardly tell (!), but I *think* I see Candice/Amanda and then JT/Colby...and no Rupert. Would that would also mean that the Villains could sit out 3 people?

In any case, it should be an awesome reward this week...and at least a shower for the Heroes.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-10, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-10 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

Sandra will probably suck at this one. She's short. And running in mud that is only up to the top of your calves is one thing. But trying to make it through muck that reaches well above your knees is quite another.

I wonder if Probst will bully/humiliate Sandra as nastily as he did Lydia. Somehow I doubt it.

ETA: When you're short, it's also very difficult to climb rungs that are spaced for much taller contestants. You simply can't use your legs effectively.

G (4'11")

04-02-10, 03:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
I think this vidcap you lightened is an example of how some players help their teammates to get through the mud, since everyone on the team has to make it through the mud crawl part before you can start the next phase of the challenge.

That kinda looks like Colby standing up to me.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-10, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Colby and JT, tethered together, on the blue heroes side.

04-02-10, 03:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Maybe I'm still mourning Rob, but I think this next episode is going to be boring. We know that the Heroes win both RC and IC, and you can tell from the clips that it's going to be a lot of Coach moping around (I guess it's his swan song). Our only hope is if Sandra gets loud and Courtney has some good wisecracks.

04-03-10, 04:16 PM (EST)
15. "New Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-10 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

Thank you Survivor Phoenix!

TRANSCRIPT:

VO: Super-Villain Russell's tribe is running scared.
Russell: "If you aint with me, you are against me."
VO: But has he met his match?
Sandra: "He don't know what he got himself into."

VO: Now, the Heroes want to dominate...
JT: "Now, I'm on "
Probst: "Go!"
VO: ... but Jeff shocks everyone.
Probst: "Everyone, drop your..."
Various players:
Probst: "... expectations."
Various players:
VO: New Survivor, CBS Thursday.

04-03-10, 05:27 PM (EST)
16. "RE: New Promo Vidcaps"
Re the mud challenge: I still don't see Rupert...can anyone else see him? I only see JT/Colby and Amanda/Candice, but it's so hard to tell.

In the other shot where they're all sitting (and Jeff teases them with the merge), could this mean there's an auction or a gross food challenge? Or maybe trivia? Just trying to think why they'd have them all sitting vs. standing on the mat.

P.S. I'm having troubles loading the vidcaps today -- anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

04-04-10, 00:32 AM (EST)
20. "RE: New Promo Vidcaps"
I'm thinking we probably can rule out an auction because supposedly the Heroes "win" this reward and I'm not sure you can really win an auction, right? Plus I wasn't sure how the mistake clue would fit with an auction (except maybe if you bid on gross food).

For what it's worth, I did find at least one team vs. team auction, from Thailand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvye6lrfLr8&feature=related

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-10, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: New Promo Vidcaps"
Except bidding on gross food would be classified as 'bad luck' because there's no way of knowing what would be inside a mystery dish. You couldn't call it a 'mistake'.

Ergo, it's gotta be something else.

04-05-10, 01:58 AM (EST)
24. "RE: New Promo Vidcaps"
Yep, I agree, Pepe. Without any more clips to help figure things out, I'm leaning toward the Gross Food Challenge as making the most sense. That might also help explain why they'd sit out Sandra and Courtney for Reward (vs. saving them to sit out in IC).

Russell might also want to psychologically put the pressure on C and S by making them do the physical challenges. Then if they blow it, he could use that as an excuse for voting them out.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-10, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: New Promo Vidcaps"
What is the basket thingie that Courtney seems to be either sitting in?
or holding in front of her?

04-05-10, 07:59 PM (EST)
29. "RE: New Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-10 AT 08:00 PM (EST)

I'm couldn't figure that out either, jbug. Is that basket something the Villains won on a prior reward? If they think they're merging, would they bring important stuff like fishing gear, cooking utensils and the tarp? Or would SEG go so far with the merge tease as to tell them to bring their stuff (or 1 item pp) to the challenge, which heightens the expectations? That would be really mean!

I guess it could be a potential reward item that they pass around for everyone to check out.

04-03-10, 05:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Cat and Tribe, you both got a shout-out from TDT! Check it out:

http://truedorktimes.com/s20/spoilers/e8/rc.htm

04-03-10, 10:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"

Survivor Phoenix has spotted the immunity idol in this shot. So looks like the mud challenge is the IC.

So that means the challenge where they're sitting (when Jeff teases them about the merge) must be the RC -- which I guess makes sense because they'd be expecting the merge at the beginning of a new cycle.

Given the fact that they're sitting, plus the clue about someone on the Villain tribe making a mistake during the Reward Challenge, I'm thinking it could be either a trivia/knowledge-based contest or the gross food challenge. The gross food challenges are always entertaining and that would seem most logical for this point in the season, although in one of the Insider Clips this week, Amanda mentions that the Heroes have been playing Survivor Trivia. Since it's the 20th anniversary, that could make sense too.

04-03-10, 10:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"

One more helpful shot from Survivor Phoenix. Does that look like a table with a picnic/food way in the background (also in blow-up)? If so, that could mean gross food challenge...or I suppose the food could be the reward itself.

In the foreground, it looks like a blue tarp and some sort of portfolio/book. Any ideas? Aren't all the challenges supposed to be repeats this season?

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-04-10, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Look at the body language there. JT is physically separated and leaning away like he isn't part of the group and Amanda looks so comfortable and engaged right in the middle of everyone. Rupert looks relaxed, too. Telling?

Bouquet by c2p

04-05-10, 01:52 AM (EST)
23. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Good point, Karchita! From an emotional standpoint, I would imagine that Amanda would be really excited about the possibility of a merge and being able to hang out with old friends like Courtney and Parv again. (Especially since James is gone and she doesn't really like/trust Candice.)

Meanwhile, I have a feeling that JT must not be feeling too good at this point, after learning that Rob was just voted out on the heels of Tyson. From JT's perspective, I'm sure he must see it as Parv/Micronesia/girl power taking out the alpha males, which doesn't bode well for him if there's a merge. Maybe that's why he looking down? From JT's perspective, I think the longer the merge can be delayed the better (at least until the Heroes tribe can improve its numbers), since he's #1 on the chopping block from the Heroes.

It will be interesting to see if any of the players' reactions to the fake merge will do them damage. E.g., it sure seems like Courtney has a big reaction and is way too excited/overeager. If I were Russell/Parv, that would signal to me that she's definitely planning to flip and that might move her up on the list of who to boot next (vs. Sandra).

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-10, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
The way I see it, it's just Courtney being Courtney. She isn't shy to show that she is in trouble. She knows that the writing is on the wall with her and Sandra, and I dont see Court sucking up to anyone else to keep herself in the game.. She just blurts out or acts however she feels at the moment.. Granted, that "moment" could seal her fate in going before Sandra.

Also could Courtney and Sandra being in the IC maybe a move for them to save their own hides? I mean if you knew your butt was on the line how ok are you to just let the opposing alliance play immunity for you? Sitting out Jerri and Danielle seems to me like S & C want to play for themselves and prove they are winners.......

04-05-10, 11:02 AM (EST)
26. "RE: S20Ep8 - "EXPECTATIONS" - Vidcaps"
Yeah, maybe S&C are afraid Russell will throw the IC so they want to play. (Although let's face it, they know anything physical they're not going to be a big help.) Or I was leaning toward Gross Food Challenge, which would explain why Sandra and Courtney are probably the best ones to sit out for that (vs. say trivia).

Still trying to figure out what the Reward "mistake" is that's referenced in the clues. Doesn't really fit for an auction. Could definitely fit for trivia...I suppose could fit for Gross Food too.

Or could the mistake reference the decision who's sitting out (vs. challenge performance)? Now that Rob's gone, would Russell make the call? Or would he let Coach do it? If Coach decides who sits in/out and the Villains lose both, would they blame him? Or if S&C quickly raise their hands and volunteer themselves to sit out RC (before the rest of the team talks/decides), would that be why Danielle blames them? I don't recall past seasons and which of the girls might have done well (or poorly) in Gross Food.

04-05-10, 11:16 AM (EST)
27. "PIP promo "
Here are a few new mud challenge vidcaps from the PIP promo:

Looks like Candice, Coach and then I think the last blob of mud is Rupert, so maybe all 5 Heroes do play (vs. 2 pairs of 2).

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-10, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: PIP promo "
Looks to me like going under on your back & pulling yourself thru using your hands on the bars above would be easier than face first - JMO

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-10, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: PIP promo "
But it wouldn't be faster.

04-05-10, 11:18 PM (EST)
30. "Full web promo is up"
Here's the transcript for the new web promo, thanks to Survivor Phoenix. Doesn't appear to be much in the way of new vidcaps, but it's interesting that they're saying Jeff has a "surprise game changer." Is that just CBS overhype? Surely the merge tease/fakeout can't be a shocking game changer, unless there's more to it.

Full Promo (Web)

VO: Super-Villain Russell knocked off Tyson and Rob...
Russell: "If you aint with me, you are against me."
VO: ... and his tribe is running scared.
Coach: "Russell is a bully!"
VO: But has he met his match?
Sandra: "Russell is so stupid. He don't know what he got himself into."

VO: Now, the Heroes want to press their advantage...
Amanda: "We're on a little bit of a roll."
JT: "We got them on their heels."
Probst: "Go!"
VO: ... but Jeff's surprise game changer will shock you.
Probst: "Everybody, drop your..."
Various players:
Probst: "... expectations."
Parvati: "Wah-wah-wah."
Various players:
VO: New Survivor, Thursday, only CBS.

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-10, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Full web promo is up"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-10 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

VO: ... but Jeff's surprise game changer will shock you.

No one has commented? Are we seeing things that aren't there??

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •