The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
JPL is just naturally funny, but the powers that be at AI are squelching his comedic talent because they are looking for a narrowly defined image of a “pop superstar.”

IMHO he should stop listening to them, and recapture the genius of “the sleepy pen salesman” and “A Little Less Conversation.” His fans are looking for the spontaneity, confidence, and goofiness of those performances.

I agree with Simon that he was “brave.” It takes guts to try to be funny in front of millions of viewers, at the risk of being laughed at for the wrong reasons, like William Hung. (WH is entertaining, the same way a dog chasing his own tail is entertaining.)

JPL ain’t gonna be the next Elvis, Kenny Rogers, or Elton John, but he has shown America that he has what it takes to be a popular entertainer. Now it’s time to develop his shtick.

Think about it. What was the most entertaining moment of the Oscars? Will Ferrel and Jack Black singing, “You’re Boring,” of course! Billy Crystal and Eugene Levy’s songs weren’t bad either. Sting (a pop superstar) and the others were oh, so serious and IMO just, “A’ight.”

There are lots of successful comedians JPL could emulate who sing as a part of their act. Couldn’t the next American Idol be someone like ##### Van Dyke, Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, Carol Burnette, Lucille Ball, Robin Williams, Jim Belushi, Eddy Murphy, Steve Martin, Jim Carey, Adam Sandler, Nathan Lane, etc., etc., etc.? These popular entertainers all have good to passable voices, but the voice is only a part of the total package. JPL should look to them for inspiration as he tries to “find his voice” (Paula’s words) on American Idol.

If JPL gets funny again, I’d like to see him at least make it to the top three, as a launch for his career in comedy.

I’ve been watching every week with the hope that JPL will make me laugh some more. If he makes a comedic comeback he will go far in the competition. I don’t know that I’d ever buy a JPL music CD, but I’d pay to see him do comedy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian managerr 04-08-04 1
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian grit 04-08-04 2
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-08-04 3
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian Handola 04-08-04 4
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-08-04 5
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian I_AM_HE 04-08-04 6
                   JPL is great sorgee 04-09-04 55
                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian trouble 04-15-04 74
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian VirginiaIsForMe 04-08-04 7
                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-08-04 19
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian managerr 04-08-04 18
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-08-04 8
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-08-04 9
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian mistofleas 04-08-04 10
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian greenmonstah 04-08-04 11
           The reason for the food needs? mistofleas 04-08-04 12
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-08-04 13
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian greenmonstah 04-08-04 14
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-08-04 16
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian mrc 04-08-04 15
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-08-04 17
                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian grit 04-08-04 20
                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian mrc 04-08-04 21
                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian AugustGirl 04-08-04 22
                       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-08-04 24
                           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian AugustGirl 04-08-04 29
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-08-04 23
           *poke* AugustGirl 04-08-04 25
               RE: *poke* brvnkrz 04-08-04 27
                   RE: *poke* AugustGirl 04-08-04 30
                       RE: *poke* brvnkrz 04-08-04 31
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian mistofleas 04-08-04 42
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-09-04 52
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-09-04 53
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian AZ_Leo 04-08-04 26
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-08-04 28
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian greenmonstah 04-08-04 32
                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-08-04 34
                       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian AugustGirl 04-08-04 35
                           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-08-04 36
                               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian AugustGirl 04-08-04 37
                                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-08-04 38
                       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian AZ_Leo 04-08-04 40
                           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian MTW1961 04-08-04 41
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian AZ_Leo 04-08-04 33
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-09-04 43
 One more thing..... AugustGirl 04-08-04 39
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian tedthe killer 04-09-04 45
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-09-04 46
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian tedthe killer 04-09-04 47
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-09-04 48
               RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian tedthe killer 04-09-04 49
                   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-09-04 50
                   Educated? Bebo 04-09-04 51
   you should know that sorgee 04-09-04 56
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian belvafortune 04-09-04 54
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-09-04 57
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-10-04 58
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian Shakes TheClown 04-10-04 59
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-12-04 60
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian greenmonstah 04-13-04 66
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian theincrediblehugey 04-13-04 61
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian ginger 04-13-04 63
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian brvnkrz 04-14-04 68
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-13-04 65
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian pheeann 04-13-04 62
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian leogirl_21 04-13-04 64
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian Critter 04-14-04 67
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-14-04 69
       RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian Critter 04-14-04 70
           RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-15-04 72
 RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian jackson 04-14-04 71
   RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian shedevil 04-15-04 73

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-08-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
I actually kind of agree. My JPL affection has waned with his last few performances. If he's just going to mostly stand there and sing like the judges want him to, then just boot him now because he can't hold a candle to the other singers in the competition.

But if he's going to *entertain* by being the JPL that got him into the Finals, then I don't mind him staying. The buzzword being thrown out by the judges this year is that they are looking for someone "different". Well, JPL is certainly different, even if the doesn't fit what they envision different to be.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-08-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
This is American Idol, where the winner gets a recording contract. The judges have made no bones about the fact that they're looking for the best singer. If it's comedy you want, then maybe JPL should try out for "Last Comic Standing".

Thanks to greenmonstah for the sig pic!

04-08-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Good point. I've never seen that show. Do they sing?

Handola 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Handola Click to send private message to Handola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
JPL is cute and entertaining but he needs a lot of work on his vocals and since this is a singing competition, he shouldn't be in the F3. He does have a personality that stands out and I think that regardless of when he is voted off, the right person with the right connections will notice him and reward him for the talent that he does have.

Don't forget, though, that Simon told him early on that he could be the "dark horse" to win this competition. It's because he is cute without being too cutesy like Diana and handsome and likeable. He will get all he deserves, I'm sure of it.

04-08-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Yes. There are so many facets to his appeal.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
welcome to the boards, from one of the resident JPL nuts

i'll cobble together my thesis on why i'm voting for JPL sometime in the next couple days and add it to this thread

JPL! JPL! JPL!

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "JPL is great"
i *HEART* JPL.

trouble 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-15-04, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trouble Click to send private message to trouble Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
i'm dying to know why you're a jpl nut. hurry up and post!

VirginiaIsForMe 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-08-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VirginiaIsForMe Click to send private message to VirginiaIsForMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
this weeks theme is songs from movies, and as i suggested in another thread, JPL should do "footloose," it would definitely be a crowd pleaser, he could add some JPL flair, and it's not the most vocally challenging song in the world, i think it would guarantee him AT LEAST another week

04-08-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

I totally agree. I love Footloose. But as I posted on another (now locked) thread, I want to hear him sing "Light My Fire."
Rumor has it that he's considering American Woman. (You didn't hear it from me.)

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-08-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Not true. They say that from time to time, then they do things like cutting Lisa Leuschner before the wildcard and letting some awful people sing. The Roman Brothers got into the Top 32 this year. Simon picked Carmen solely on her image last season. Randy is infatuated with young, attractive blondes. There are a lot of comments on outfits and dress. Simply put, their actions are too inconsistent with their words. They are the biggest proof that this contest isn't only about singing. It's entertainment. If they seriously wanted the best singers in the finals, do you seriously think we'd have the people in the finals that we do?

04-08-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Thanks for the welcome.

This is definitely harder than it looks. I've already flubbed up with the newby new thread rule.

Oh, well. Back to lurking.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
I am also a JPL fan, I love his voice and his personality. I just don't know why he hasn't been showing it lately. I hope the old JPL will be back in action next week. I thought he sounded great on "Rocket Man".

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
This is definitely harder than it looks. I've already flubbed up with the newby new thread rule.

It's not a newbie new thread rule, it's an everybody new thread rule.

Oh, well. Back to lurking.

No need to go back to lurking. Just read the Guidelines, follow them, obey my every command, read...then post, bring me a piece of keylime cheesecake and we'll all get along great.

--needs cheesecake

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
This morning you needed chocolate?

Is loving bonding with Misto today

04-08-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "The reason for the food needs?"

--figures that's reason enough and is also enjoying the monstah bonding

04-08-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

Hugey read the guidelines! Well, the subject headings anyway.

I distinctly remember something about keeping postings clean and thinking that wouldn't be a problem for me just before I started to doze off...

...and then my first posting gets censored for writing ##### Van Dyke's name. Huh.

Actually, today I was planning to make a Strawberry Torte, Will that do?

Edit:
Hey! Is this an example of being off topic?

(Tussel with overactive guilty conscience)

(Hugey needs to read the instructions about making those cute tiny letters.)

04-08-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"

Thinks incrediblehugey is a keeper

04-08-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Yay! I've always wanted to be kept!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
>Actually, today I was planning to make a Strawberry Tort, Will that do?<

You're bringing a lawsuit against a strawberry?! How strange!

Don't lurk--we're having too much fun! At least you are getting attention, right? It could be worse. We could all just ignore you.

*whistling as I turn my head and pretend not to notice hugey*

See, now wouldn't that be worse?

04-08-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 05:33 PM (EST)

Yeah, well, see, that's the thing. I waited nearly an hour before anyone commented on my first post. I was feeling mighty neglected for awhile there!

BTW, newby question. Do I have to reply to every post?

I mean, I started a new thread with my very, very first post (naughty me...actually, I started two new threads, but they took the other one to jail...) and now I feel like a hostess at an open house or something.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-08-04, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
I mean, I started a new thread with my very, very first post (naughty me...actually, I started two new threads, but they took the other one to jail...) and now I feel like a hostess at an open house or something.

That's why you should never start threads on any board - you'll never get any work done. You'll find yourself looking, looking, looking to see if anyone replied to your highly intellectual, well-thought-out, and well-worded thread. You keep wondering, "Did anybody even read my thread?" Well, even worse than wondering and waiting for replies, I belong to another board that actually keeps count of how many people viewed the thread. The worst thing in the world to see is "Views: 4,223,945" "Replies: 0".

I think you'll do just fine here...welcome!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Well, of course! And as a hostess, you must provide refreshments, including some of those yummy strawberry torts.

OK, enough of that. I am fairly new here myself. I mostly just throw quips and comments out there occasionally, which don't often get answers. (Maybe they are trying to tell me something, I don't know.) By the time I usually get around to a thread, all of the good analysis/debate has been done. So, I mostly lurk. I don't think there is an obligation to answer a post unless there is a direct question.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Hiya theincrediblehugey! Can I call you Hugey? Glad to have you and please don't go back into lurkdom. The more the merrier.

BTW, newby question. Do I have to reply to every post?

It's all up to you. Everyone has their own style. There are people who post a thread then leave it alone and never post to it again. Then there are those who reply to almost everyone who does post to their thread. And you have those who are somewhere in between. It's all a matter of style. I very, very, very rarely start a thread because I then end up babysitting it, watching over it, and fretting over it because no one has posted to it. Then, once I do get responses, I reply to everyone. I'm needy/anal/compulsive that way. It's better for my mental health to tag onto a thread then to start my own.

You'll figure out what's best for you. Just continue to post. You fit in good here.

Sit, stay awhile. Post. Have fun. And we've all had threads go to jail. It's expected.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-04, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Augie was ever so gentle and friendly in her post? Where is that ##### that I know. Just because I borrowed your position while you were away doesn't mean that I want the job for good. Now say something mean and nasty won't you?

if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me.

04-08-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
My inner "#####" only comes out when provoked by mo-rons.

*scans the room*

Nope. No mo-rons here.

You *know* you want the job. I'll consider job sharing, *if* you deliver the cookies.

04-08-04, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-04 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

Hey Hugey, This is how it works. Take careful notes.
Misto honey, here is your key lime cheesecake. you ask and you shall receive.

04-08-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
25. "*poke*"
You got any cookies, brvnkrz? I'd *LOVE* a nice big chewy chocolate chip cookie right about now. *hint* *hint*

Thanks ever so much.

04-08-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
27. "RE: *poke*"
I aim to please sweetie. Enjoy. I would hate to play favorites.

04-08-04, 07:13 PM (EST)
30. "RE: *poke*"
*swoon*

Yum! *drool* Thanks!

Consider the offer to share the job of AI "#####" official. I'll take even numbered days, you take odd. Does that work for you?

04-08-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
31. "RE: *poke*"
That works for me. I had yesterday which was an odd day. Yippee, I can't wait until tomorrow. Should we alert the mods now?
Newbies be warned. LOL

04-08-04, 09:23 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
It took me a while to get back here and get my cheesecake, sorry about that brazen.

*takes a big bite*

Mmmmmm, yummy!

--has made brazen duchess of desserts

04-09-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
*waves to BNK* Oh, you mean like this?

*waves to Misto* My humble Strawberry Torte offering. It's all I had. Hope you like.

JPL Fan

04-09-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
We love quick learners here. Especially ones that bring not just some for Misto but for Misto's friends too. Thanks Hugey and welcome to the boards.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-08-04, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
needs cheesecake

Pssst, Misto. One of those Bare Minerals stores on the link you sent happens to be next to a Cheesecake Factory. There's also a PF Changs and a Trader Joe's in the same place. Just another example of how Phoenix was built for convenience.

04-08-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Hi Leo, I gave Misto many pieces of cheesecake hoping she would share. You could steal a slice while she isn't looking. I don't think she will notice.

04-08-04, 07:19 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Cracks open 3 Sam Adams and hands them out to BnK (my favorite Niners Fan) Leo and Augie...

Wandacal and I have started drinking....

is a name dropper

04-08-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
It's west coast posse time!! I have to slam by Sam Adams because I have to run out and work in about half an hour. I will only have one though because no drinking and driving, however when I get back in time for Survivor I will do my shot of Jaegermeister and drink my glass of wine(presecribed by my doctor, no really, I'm not kidding)I imagine Wanda, Monstah(posse lingo)Leo ad Augie should be a couple of sheets to the wind by then.
Someone asked in another post what a threadjack was. Do you think we have answered that question. smooches to my posse.

04-08-04, 07:51 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Thanks!

*takes beer*

*chugs it down*

*wipes mouth on sleeve*

*burp*

Yup. This is a threadjack. Ain't it fun?

04-08-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
What did Augie have for dinner because I could smell that burp all the way over here.

04-08-04, 07:56 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
*blush*

Sorry. I'm usually such a lady.

*picks teeth*

*sniffs pits*

*scratches butt*

04-08-04, 07:58 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
That's my girl.

04-08-04, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
So now that I am on Pacific Time does that mean I can join the West Coast posse? I may even trot out my old sig pic for this. As for the beers, Nailbone gave me a cabana boy in another forum so I'm sailing just fine.

Most of the new posters probably understand threadjack by now but there may be one or two who are confused by the use of complete sentences and properly spelled words.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-08-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
AZ, you are IN, WCP bruthuh. Contact J I M B O for your official posse name.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you hugged your TiVo today?

04-08-04, 07:20 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Was it just the key lime or did you happen to have any Kalua Cocoa or Godiva Chocolate?

04-09-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Now Leo, why would you send someone to the Cheesecake Factory when you have your very own duchess of desserts. NOCHEESECAKEFORYOU.

04-08-04, 08:02 PM (EST)
39. "One more thing....."
..... and then I gotta go because Survivor is about to start....

I keep reading the title of this thread as "Why I'm Voting for the Canadian"! And I keep thinking "but this is *American* Idol", not Canadian Idol.

Boy, I amuse myself sometimes.

<------- Dork

*waves* to all the Canadian peeps!

tedthe killer 7 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tedthe%20killer Click to send private message to tedthe%20killer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
how can you vote for this stiff. he can't sing worth a damn and his only comedy is born out of his equally lousy dancing. We already have 1 annoying mormon entertainer called Donny Osmond. No one can be an american Idol when their biggest vise is drinking hot coco. Get rid of this loser and let him get back to eating Jello with the Osmonds.

04-09-04, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
to: ted
We can vote for him because we have the right to, we like him, so that's the only thing that matters. I think he sings great, looks great, and I love the way he dances, it's called originality.

04-09-04, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tedthe%20killer Click to send private message to tedthe%20killer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
I'd hate to see your record collection. My Mom has a great personality that doesn't mean she should enter a singing competion. Listen to him sing, he's in and out of key and he is the most uncomfortable looking hobbit since Bilbo Baggins.

04-09-04, 01:51 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
to: ted
Well then it's a good thing you'll never get the chance to. I have listened to him sing, and I like it. You have the right to your opinion, it doesn't make what you think right, or me wrong. Everyone has their own opinion on what they think sounds good. You're a guy, so you don't need to think he looks good,I'm a female and I think he looks great.

04-09-04, 02:00 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
An educated and impartial opinion is always better than one based on lust. Anyway, the fact that your a female makes this more understandable. Your eyes are getting in the way of your ears. He's a third rate Kareoke singer. Just a quick question. What are your 3 favorite songs of all time.

04-09-04, 02:25 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
You can't tell me how I feel or what I base my opinions on. I didn't think he was cute until the third time I saw him, I'm not shallow, his personality made him appealing to me. I liked his voice the first time I heard it. No my eyes are not getting in the way of my ears. I just don't have the same opinion as you do. I will tell you my 3 favorite songs of all time but it won't matter, it won't help you with your assumption.
1. "Per te" Josh Groban
2. "Desperado" The Eagles
3. "Unconditional Love" Stevie Nicks
I also didn't choose my favorites for the way they look. George is one of my favorites and I don't think he's cute, Jennifer is my ultimate favorite and she's female.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Educated?"
I suggest adding the Community Guidelines to your reading list, where you'll see that bashing other posters is not allowed on these forums. If you want to continue posting here, you'll put that "educated intellect" to good use and start abiding by the guidelines.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-09-04, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "you should know that "
i *HEART* donny osmond almost as much as i *HEART* JPL.

belvafortune 20 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail belvafortune Click to send private message to belvafortune Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
I am guessing that you must be from his fan club.

Also, I would imagine you are 12.

JPL is a totally WOODEN singer. He moves like a robot and has absolutley NO sense of beat.

Red Head first and then your "Eight is Enough" clone boyfriend.

Get off the whole JPL is funny kick. He could go on a different show for that. American IDOL is SINGING....Not comedy. The only funny thing is how he has such a following.

04-09-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
You are not supposed to be bashing people here and telling someone they must be 12 to like JPL is just plain rude. I think you should read the guidelines. By the way I'm 30, and I like JPL, and I also have great taste in music. Nobody has to "get off of the whole JPL thing" how about instead you can let people think for themselves.

04-10-04, 00:54 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-04 AT 00:58 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-10-04 AT 00:56 AM (EST)

Yeah. What sorgee and shedevil said.

I agree that Jon Peter has had a few wooden, nervous, and off-key moments. He's disappointed me more than once.

But all of the contestants have had moments when they were less than spectacular, and not one has been able to be 100% in tune 100% of the time. It's the challenge of live performances, inexperience, and an exhausting schedule full of duties that distract them from their performance preparations.

Still, he has demonstrated a spark of genius that many Americans have recognized, appreciated, and enjoyed. It's not at all surprising that he has so many fans. We're all hoping he'll "bring it" to his remaining performances.

JPL Fan

Shakes TheClown 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-04, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shakes%20TheClown Click to send private message to Shakes%20TheClown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
he might be funny but he aint no clown

04-12-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-04 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

No?

ETA: *looks around to see if Shakes is paying attention, but is careful not to wave*

04-13-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Never wave to the clown, Hugey...

Especially when he appears to parody himself

04-13-04, 03:29 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
OK, here's the deal. I want to start a new thread about an interesting topic being discussed on another forum (maybe some of you were there, I don't know) because you guys are my favorite and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

BUT I'm posting it here because some people are touchy about new threads, and I vowed I'd never do it again. So here goes.

The question asked was something like, does JPL have what it takes to make music his career? We're not talking talent or personality. We're talking drive, passion, will-power, dedication, the willingness to sacrifice everything for the career, to eat, sleep, and breath music.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
No.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

04-14-04, 11:18 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
You know Ginger, sometimes you get so wordy and it really slows down the logging on process. Next time could you try and be more brief in your answers?

04-13-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
>The question asked was something like,
>does JPL have what it
>takes to make music his
>career? We're not talking talent
>or personality. We're talking drive,
>passion, will-power, dedication, the willingness
>to sacrifice everything for the
>career, to eat, sleep, and
>breath music.

I think he has it and I think he will make it and not because he's cute, but because he is talented and entertaining. I love his voice, and if anyone listens to MP3s of him singing, they will see what I mean. I think he should be the frontman of a band.I see him in a band like Maroon 5.

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
I'm sorry. I wanted to like him, and I give him credit for his attempt to dance while singing Elvis. In my opinion, he can't dance, and his singing is only fair. As it's been stated before, this is a singing competition. He can't touch George or LaToya or Fantasia or Jennifer, when it comes to good vocals. I do hope he makes it in the entertainment industry. I just don't want to see him take this from people more talented than he.

I do think we should be voting for who goes, and not who stays. I think it would be much more fair that way.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-13-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
J........P.........L!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO JPL! Woohoo! LOL! I'm going NUTS here!

Critter 18 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Critter Click to send private message to Critter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"

Yeah great, he's funny! If more people vote on those lines then we're stuck with a non singer making mega bucks. The spice girls were enough. Please don't vote if you won't buy his cd.

04-14-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
69. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
>
>Yeah great, he's funny! If more
>people vote on those lines
>then we're stuck with a
>non singer making mega bucks.
>The spice girls were enough.
>Please don't vote if you
>won't buy his cd.

What makes you think his fans wouldn't buy his c.d.? I know I would, I love his voice. By the way, the Spice Girls may have been cheesy but they still had good voices (with the exception of Posh).

Critter 18 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Critter Click to send private message to Critter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
Please Shedevil.

Sporty had the voice..........Ginger was baaad. Remember 'Raining men?' *choke*

My reply was to a post about how funny JPL is and how that is swaying the poster's vote.

I say....vote coz he can sing not because he makes you laugh. The poster also said that he/she wouldn't buy his cd but will still vote for him. I cant agree wth that.

04-15-04, 02:36 AM (EST)
72. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
>Please Shedevil.
>
>Sporty had the voice..........Ginger was baaad.
>Remember 'Raining men?' *choke*
>
>
>My reply was to a post
>about how funny JPL is
>and how that is swaying
>the poster's vote.
>
>I say....vote coz he can sing
>not because he makes you
>laugh. The poster also said
>that he/she wouldn't buy his
>cd but will still vote
>for him. I cant agree
>wth that.

Okay you make a point, Ginger isn't that great of a singer but I like their voices combined. I like JPL because I love his voice, the rest of him is just more to love.

jackson 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jackson Click to send private message to jackson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
I don't get where you think he is so comedic.

He looks almost like he isn't sure what he is serious or funny, and then all of the sudden someone points out to him that he has some kind of a personality and a light goes on for him and he says oh my gosh I'm not only singing but I'm funny too....

04-15-04, 02:37 AM (EST)
73. "RE: Why I'm Voting for the Comedian"
>I don't get where you think
>he is so comedic.
>
>He looks almost like he isn't
>sure what he is serious
>or funny, and then all
>of the sudden someone points
>out to him that he
>has some kind of a
>personality and a light goes
>on for him and he
>says oh my gosh I'm
>not only singing but I'm
>funny too....

Well now maybe that's what makes him "comedic".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •