The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"One less spoiler board"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-01, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"One less spoiler board"
As some of you are aware, ss.com closed registration the day after we lost our server (the day of E3). After we left ezboard, they then set up a "new" set of messageboards on ezboard, open to both old and new people. So, recently, keeping up with the news on the spoilers boards has meant checking the "old" ss.com spoilers board (like this one, a DCForum board), the "new" ss.com spoilers board on ezboard, and this board.

But as of today, ss.com has given up maintaining its DCForum spoilers board, closing it and erasing all the posts. Thus, there are just two spoilers boards left, and the only DCForum board is this one.

I have a feeling that the limitations of ezboard will lead to us having some new members posting spoilers soon. We'll see how it works out. This is a good time to remind everyone of this board's motto, courtesy of Colleen from S1: "Play fair. Be nice."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: One less spoiler board ItzLisa 02-28-01 1
 RE: One less spoiler board fedupwithothers 03-01-01 2
   Happy to have you AyatollahKhomeini 03-01-01 3
 RE: One less spoiler board aymelek 03-01-01 4
 RE: One less spoiler board nadine 03-01-01 5
   First crash since new server AyatollahKhomeini 03-01-01 6
       RE: First crash since new server DivaByTheSea 03-01-01 7
       RE: First crash since new server SurvivorBlows 03-01-01 11
           ezboard AyatollahKhomeini 03-01-01 12
 RE: One less spoiler board You all blow 03-01-01 8
   RE: At least now I know WHY it took... Dalton 03-01-01 9
 That "other" spoiler board AyatollahKhomeini 03-01-01 10
 RE: One less spoiler board ItzLisa 03-02-01 13
   Glad this board is around Fuel 03-02-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-01, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: One less spoiler board"
> This is a
>good time to remind everyone
>of this board's motto, courtesy
>of Colleen from S1: "Play
>fair. Be nice."

***We will, AK!!! Considering how the "happy" folks over at SS act like a bunch of rude dorks to both newbies and oldies alike, we'll set a better example and make you, Superman, Shakes and SB proud of us! Thanks for keeping us posted!

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

fedupwithothers 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-01, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fedupwithothers Click to send private message to fedupwithothers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: One less spoiler board"
please welcome me, please/please. i just couldn't stand that ez board crap. so you can see by my name i'm fedupwithothers and have deceided to join your community. thanks for being here. i feel at home already.

03-01-01, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Happy to have you"
The only thing we're fed up with over here is MB keeping secrets from us!

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-01, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: One less spoiler board"
Been lurking a while now on both boards, but the ss board is driving me crazy so I decided to post here!

Paranoia has never been an issue with me until Survivor came along! With the ss boards up & down (& up & down) & now gone entirely with all the posts erased, makes me wonder whether CBS owned ss & they were somehow getting too close to the truth...!

OhmyGod, is that white van across the street watching my house...?!!!??

nadine 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-01-01, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nadine Click to send private message to nadine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: One less spoiler board"
just curious - does this board crash on a regular basis? I really enjoy the exchange of info on the boards, but am getting awfully frustrated with being shut down or crashed out. Thanks for the welcome.

03-01-01, 03:29 PM (EST)
6. "First crash since new server"
We have been on a new server since before E4 and have not crashed until today. The Webmaster (SB) will have to tell us for sure, but I'm presuming that we crashed because of the volume of traffic that hit us when ezboard crashed. Sorry about the first experience -- please don't judge us by it.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-01-01, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: First crash since new server"
Hi AK. Glad to know what was wrong. It was a little strange that I couldn't get on here. I'm on a LAN T3, and it's still quite slow. But at least everyone is here.

diva

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-01, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: First crash since new server"
Don't underestimate the contributions of TemptationIsland fans to our traffic...

SS' ezBoard stuff also went down?? ...humm, well that helps explain some of the load.

Re: our downtime -- as I mentioned in our weekly pick posting, yes, the planets seemed to align today and all hell broke loose on the community.survivorblows.com web server.

In addition to whatever the SS issues were today, TemptationIsland and The Mole also both had their series finales LAST NIGHT. ...this resulted in SurvivorBlows' TemptationIslandSucks.com and FindTheMole.com sister sites receiving traffic levels of 5-10 times their normal volumes YESTERDAY.

As part of moving to our new server a few weeks ago, we prepared for traffic spikes like that, and near as we could tell, seemed to get through last evening without any problems. What we didn't prepare for was a server load that was upwards of 400-500 times our typical load appearing today -- and that's what caused today's mid-day unavailability.

...and before anyone goes off claiming we just don't want to admit that we crumbled under the weight of the all-mighty SurvivorSucks going down, just to put things in perspective, consider the following:

- the TemptationIslandSucks homepage has had more than THREE TIMES as many unique visitors today as the SurvivorBlows homepage

- the FindTheMole.com homepage has had almost 50% more unique visitors today than the SurvivorBlows homepage

- the TemptationIslandSucks Featured News page BY ITSELF has had just as many unique visitors today as the SurvivorBlows homepage

- several more of the TemptationIslandSucks pages that are hosted on community.survivorblows.com have also received almost as many individual page views as the SurvivorBlows homepage

...basically, to sum it up, for those of you familiar with Internet Survivor fan site history, I'd make the analogy that TempationIslandSucks has been to SurvivorBlows as SurvivorSucks was to RealWorldBlows.

Who'd a thunk it?

03-01-01, 06:59 PM (EST)
12. "ezboard"
ss.com's ezboard went down a little before 10 am (EST). Someone on the ezboard had posted a plug for SB.com shortly before the crash. This board went down around 10:15 am. So there does appear to be a correlation. The ezboard went back up for a little while between 12:30 and 1:15, crashed again, and then was up between 5 pm and now, when it has apprarently crashed again.

I accessed TIS for the first time today to find out the result last night (even though I have never watched the show, I saw the Leno interview). My reaction: boooooooo. All I can say is that those losers deserve each other! I'm glad to hear about the success of the TIS board, though ... and I hope the people from there join us and the ss.com refugees in this portion of RealtyTVWorld.

You all blow 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-01-01, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail You%20all%20blow Click to send private message to You%20all%20blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: One less spoiler board"
I was a member of the EZ board but not the other board. All day long it was hell trying to get there. It was up this morning and crashed and was up again around 12:30 CST. I was wondering was was going on but glad to be here......

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-01-01, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: At least now I know WHY it took "
two coffee-swilling, curse-muttering,
hair-pulling HOURS to get on the SB Boards
this morning!!!!!

Pass the valium; it's Survivor Night!!!

Dalton

03-01-01, 04:47 PM (EST)
10. "That "other" spoiler board"
A certain person who shall go unnamed in this post (but you may know him as DogStalker) was profiled in the Chicago Tribune today:

http://chicagotribune.com/leisure/printedition/article/0,2669,SAV-0103010021,FF.html

Note that he said he would cut loose his Survivor boards before he lost his "community." I'm not sure why he didn't tell the Trib that he started doing exactly that yesterday. Maybe he craves the attention after all, despite his protests to the contrary.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-01, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: One less spoiler board"
WHEW!!! Glad the boards are back up and running, and a big HELLO to the newbies! We're glad to have you all here!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS
what it's all about???

Fuel 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fuel Click to send private message to Fuel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Glad this board is around"
I rarely post messages, but I enjoy the posts on the board. Shakes summary of episodes rocks.

This season is really difficult to post conclusive information, for example everyone was convinced of the 6-4 theory. Any theory could be correct this year, and I will try to come out of my lurkdom more often.

Jam

"What did you expect to find, was it something you left behind?"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •