The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Airline"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Airline"
I thought this show was great! A true and up front look at working with the public, and how awful it can be. If I didn't know better, from experience, I'd think they went out of their way to focus on obnoxious customers, but sadly, they are becoming more and more the norm in our society. No wonder so many workers have bad attitudes and are so rude, look what they face every day!

The couple with the baby was the worst. I'm willing to bet that the kid was over 2 years old. The rule is clearly printed on the ticket, why were they so mad? I'll tell you why, they wanted to pull a fast one, and get on for free. They figured if they made a big enough stink they'd get what they wanted. I'm glad they didn't cave!

Same with the lady who was "afraid" of the guy with no ID. She was obviously angling for some kindof discount, or free ticket to make her happy.

I'm so sick of people who think they can get something for nothing, if they just complain loud enough, or are rude enough. It disgusts me.

Give me the drunks any day.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Airline Lisapooh 01-06-04 1
   RE: Airline true 01-06-04 2
   RE: Airline aquariaqueen 01-08-04 6
   RE: Airline aquariaqueen 01-20-04 19
 RE: Airline SurvivorBlows 01-06-04 3
   RE: Airline Meemo 01-07-04 5
 RE: Airline trshtvjnky 01-06-04 4
 RE: Airline FarmBoy 01-09-04 7
 RE: Airline frisky 01-12-04 8
   RE: Airline Swami 01-13-04 9
 Jan 12 shows frisky 01-13-04 10
   RE: Jan 12 shows ginger 01-13-04 11
   RE: Jan 12 shows aquariaqueen 01-13-04 12
       RE: Jan 12 shows frisky 01-13-04 13
           RE: Jan 12 shows Esbea 01-13-04 14
               RE: Jan 12 shows aviators99 01-14-04 17
 wow moonbaby 01-13-04 15
   RE: wow EnglProf 01-14-04 16
       RE: wow ginger 01-15-04 18
           RE: wow Thaibeach 01-20-04 20
               RE: wow true 01-20-04 21
               RE: wow frisky 01-20-04 22
                   RE: wow ginger 01-20-04 24
                       RE: wow trshtvjnky 01-20-04 25
       RE: wow munson 01-24-04 27
   The Show That's Winning the Intelle... ginger 01-20-04 23
       RE: The Show That's Winning the Int... Swami 01-21-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Airline"
I didn't see the show (stuck watching Aveage joe 2) but I've lived it. I was a ticket agent for an airline in college. you cannot believe how horrible people can be. Seriously - the world is full of a-holes and they are all at the airport. I don't know how people have this job for 35 years.

I had this guy who looked like Jack Nicholson in The Shining grab me by the lapels of my uniform and shake me. I freaking hated that job.

01-06-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Airline"
I recorded it, but they did repeat it later in the evening. Check for a rerun, if you can handle the flashback.

I wouldn't last long in one of those jobs. I just know I'd tell one of those smug, uptight a-hole passengers off!

I forgot to mention the woman who pulled the race card. Pathetic. I wanted to slap her silly! How insulting. I thought the ticket guy was quite restrained, guess he's used to that kindof behavior.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-08-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Airline"
I absolutely loved the show.

They say SouthWest has no editing privileges. I don't know.....

The way they helped the couple who were trying to make it to China. That was stellar.

The guy wanting to go to Nashville and all the speedbumps he encountered.....I don't blame him for wanting to be one of the passengers called first.

And who just would love to be on a plane with the 3 flight attendants? They said they had never met, but their personalities just clicked!!!! I hope this show makes it for awhile, but I can foresee it getting a little old after a while.

01-20-04, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Airline"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-04 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

January 19th episodes

I just love this show.

How about the character that was trying to pull a fast one and try to get a trip with an expired boarding pass and no ticket.

The retiring pilot was fun.

And the guy with a small hole in his luggage, geez, that could have happened in the trunk of his car.

Ooops, I can't get this to post as a new subject, can somebody move it for me???

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Airline"
It repeated at 2AM... since I was having problems sleeping last night, I think I ended up seeing all of both episodes (as well as most of House of Dreams which had repeated at 1AM)

What a wierd -- but quite entertaining -- show. I don't understand why some of the customers who came off looking like so bad (like the couple with the baby -- or better, the guy who couldn't fly cuz he smelled so bad) signed waivers and agreed to let their footage be aired

I mean really... how desperate could that bad-smelling guy have been to appear on TV that he'd let them air THAT?!?! Yikes... (although I have to say, the Southwest girl helping him was pretty cute -- maybe that had something to do with it!)

-SB

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-07-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Airline"
>I mean really... how desperate could that bad-smelling guy have been to appear on TV that he'd let them air THAT?!?! Yikes... (although I have to say, the Southwest girl helping him was pretty cute -- maybe that had something to do with it!)

DW and I caught the show, and we were blown away at how well the Southwest rep handled that situation.

She really went out of her way to not humiliate the customer, and you could tell she was genuinely concerned for the passenger (not just about the cameras).

And those three flight attendants going to Vegas were absolutely hilarious! I have been on a lot of flights, and never seen anything like that. That show is a great way to showcase people who do there job well.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

trshtvjnky 197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-06-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trshtvjnky Click to send private message to trshtvjnky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Airline"
I agree, this was a great show! And those parents of the "18-month old" were just awful. Loved it when the ticket agent said: "That is what I was trying to tell your husband all along!"

It was nice that the ticket agents got the stinky man some stuff to clean up with and new clothes! Good to see them really go out of the way to help him out.

Loved the over-weight man, who not only had his car stolen earlier that day, but also had to buy the additional seat!! He took it in stride, and even made jokes about a possible delay due to the weather

I defiantly will be watching the rest of the episodes of this, now House of Dreams? Not so sure . . .

“but don’t mess with me, I come from the streets – do you want to go outside so I can show you?”

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Airline"
I hate to see someone treat a Customer Service Rep bad. This show proves what jerks the public can be.

I've seen people yanking a rep around just because they think they can get away with it- not if I'm there. I say all the things the rep wishes he-she could say. You know- fill in the conversation for them.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
I'd stick my left foot in, but I've got a kilt on.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Airline"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-04 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

I thought this was great, and I'll be watching tonight. I'm having a few drinks, too. Just try to stop me.

The COX (Customer Of Size) was a great person. Talk about restraint. I don't blame him for finally getting mad at the end. He was very understanding and good-natured about the whole mess.

Those parents made me sick. Not only was the child's age questionable, but the way they carried on in front of their children was horrendous. I know a couple just like this...who think that if they yell loud enough, they'll get a deal. Drives me nuts!! Grrr..People like this have never worked in customer service jobs before.

The lady at LAX was really nice. The way she handled the smelly guy and the Asian couple was very professional and personable at the same time.

I couldn't understand why everyone was going all nuts over the rap guy. I wouldn't have known him if I'd fallen over him, but that's just me. I'm a Metallica chick.

The drunk people were comical yet tiring at the same time.

This show reminds me of my years in tourism. Everyone should have to work in this type of job for a couple of years just to teach some essential people skills and empathy.

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Airline"
I have the first couple of episodes PVR'd, but haven't watched them yet, and I forgot to set my machine last night. *sigh* Getting in the groove with new shows is so hard for me, but I really have to see this one sonn!

I love you Richard, but don't unpack.

01-13-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Jan 12 shows"
The mother of the two boys was nuts. She arrived late for her flight and flipped out on everyone else. I felt sorry for her victims, but I thought it was hilarious watching her. Those poor kids, having to chase after her with all that luggage.

We had another questionable 2-year-old last night. I swear I heard the name "McKenna??" People in this situation seem to be okay once they find out they can get reimbursed later after presenting proof of age. It seemed to me that the ticket reps could give out this info a lot sooner to avoid some confrontation. As soon as they tell the parent they have to pay, they should say "BUT you will be reimbursed..." Instead, they seem to wait until people are frazzled before they give out that info. I know last weeks' parents weren't listening, but the folks last night weren't that belligerent.

The parents of the BMX kids make me fear for the next generation.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jan 12 shows"
I felt SO sorry for those poor boys. Lady needed a reality check (I think part of why she flipped so out was because she realized, deep down, she was in part to blame for arriving late).

Oddly compelling show.

01-13-04, 12:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Jan 12 shows"
The BMX group was amazing, did they think they were on a grade school field trip? These were grown-ups that obviously never grew up!!! So much for chaperones.

The blackout show was good as well. The accommodations that have to be made with no fault of the airlines.

How about the guy with the shotgun? He even mentioned 9/11. And his really rude comment about being Arab.

Which brings us to the guy with the luggage that had been searched.

01-13-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Jan 12 shows"
Oooo...I forgot about the gun guy. He was so unreasonable. What the hell is wrong with these people? He thinks the airport staff should let him on the plane with a gun because he doesn't "look like someone" who would hijack a plane?

"Do *I* look like an Arab?" he asks? What an arrogant ass he was.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jan 12 shows"
That guy "looked" as much of an "Arab" as the Iranian guy did (the one that the TSA broke the lock on his luggage). Like he shouldnt EXPECT to have a gun inspected if he wants to carry it on...which leads me to the question "couldnt he have just checked the damn thing?"
Dont even get me going on the nasty hag who was cussing everyone out because she thought she could show up at the airport 20 minutes before her flight left and still make the plane.
Ill keep watching, I like this show AND the Dream House.

how about that poor lady with the incontinent guide dog?

aviators99 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-14-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aviators99 Click to send private message to aviators99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jan 12 shows"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-04 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

>That guy "looked" as much of
>an "Arab" as the Iranian
>guy did (the one that
>the TSA broke the lock
>on his luggage). Like
>he shouldnt EXPECT to have
>a gun inspected if he
>wants to carry it on...which
>leads me to the question
>"couldnt he have just checked
>the damn thing?"

He was checking the thing. They were inspecting it to see if it was loaded before he checked it. They do not let anyone carry on guns unless they are law enforcement.

I have another question about Monday's shows. There was one point when they bleeped out a woman was was saying, "your airline is treating me like *bleep*." It was clear to my from reading her lips, that the word they bleeped out was "crap". They obviously bleeped it out for effect to make it seem like she said something worse...I'm a little upset about that.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "wow"
My sister who thinks all reality tv is a big giant load actually told me I had to see this show. Once again proof that true and kali are twins separated at birth! It reminded me of how stressful travel days can be and even if I hate my job I would NEVER want that job, not when so few people seem to have respect for each other anymore. Such abuse!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-14-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: wow"
I think this show's great too. My husband turned to me and said that this is what qualifies as reality tv-- the scenes don't seem manipulated, people aren't *really* performing for the cameras-- etc. It has more of a documentary style than traditional reality tv shows... probably why it's not a network show.

I used to live in the Midwest and flew Southwest between Iowa and Chicago and D.C. Even though I HATE (and fear) FLYING, Southwest was a great airline to fly because the pilots were great. They always warned us before we hit turbulence so it never felt like we were in danger. It's nice to see that their customer service is just as responsible!

01-15-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: wow"
Kind of brave of Southwest, too, although I suspect we will never see an "item" regarding them totally losing someone's luggage or anything else that might look like Bad Airline (as opposed to Bad Luck or Bad Bad Passenger Attitude).

Did you get the sense that the woman who kept pushing for a free ticket does that a lot? "The movie was lousy. I want a free ticket."

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-20-04, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: wow"
It does seem like two half-hour-long commercials for Southwest. I agree with you, Ginger, that we're not likely to see any serious SW screwups (and by the way, that sentence was brought to you by the letter "S").

But I have to say that I really like this show, even if it seems like a giant commercial!!

Felt so bad for the Alzheimer's sufferer - I can only hope that most off-camera supervisors are as kind to passengers with these kinds of problems.

01-20-04, 11:16 AM (EST)
21. "RE: wow"

I don't know. They did show SW losing a kid, damaging luggage, (although that guy was a bit over the top, IMO) overbooking flights, etc. I think all of the employees have handled these situations brilliantly, and yes, they do tend to make the customer look like an ass. (but, I do believe that is a pretty accurate portrayal)

I'm still loving this show.

01-20-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
22. "RE: wow"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-04 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

Yep, I was thinking the same thing last night. Southwest seems too good to be true. I felt so sorry for the man with Alzheimer's and his wife. The agent was really kind to them.

It was neat how they showed an audience-eye-view of The Price is Right.

Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

01-20-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
24. "RE: wow"
I would have been suspicious if Tami had been called, though.

And how ancient is Bob Barker? Now that Strom is dead, is Bob the Oldest Creepiest Famous Guy in America?

trshtvjnky 197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-20-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trshtvjnky Click to send private message to trshtvjnky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: wow"
And how ancient is Bob Barker? Now that strom is dead, is Bob the Oldest Creepiest Famous Guy in America?

Yes

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-24-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: wow"
I've been flying Southwest for years, whenever possible, and not only because Midway airport is 20 minutes from me and O'Hare absolutely sucks, either.

Everyone I've ever dealt with from this airline is wonderful. Their people make all the difference. Theirs is the kind of employee commitment you get (or at least hope for!) when the employees own the business. Keep your high fares, delayed flights and bad food (fill in just about every other airline), I'll stick with these guys.

What would make them perfect? Assign me a seat, please. What do you gotta do to get one of those "A" boarding passes?

01-20-04, 11:54 AM (EST)
23. "The Show That's Winning the Intellectual Snobs Over"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-04 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-20-04 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

I've spoken to a couple of different people now who abhor and shun reality tv and discussions thereof who are now all hooked (tee hee) on this one.

One way or the other, we are all doomed to be sucked into the giant maw of "Reality". Bwah ha ha.

Editing to add: Whatever Southwest is paying the guy who was so incredibly sweet - nay saintlike - about cleaning up the man who soiled himself, it is not enough.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Show That's Winning the Intellectual Snobs Over"
I've been taping this show but didn't have time to watch it until last night. I love it! (I only taped the first 4 eps.)

I guess I have to make room on my plate for one more reality show now. Who needs a life of their own anyway?

I love you Richard, but don't unpack.
]

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •