The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ouch!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

dultimate1 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dultimate1 Click to send private message to dultimate1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ouch!"
I have been watching "Starting Over" since the onset and airing of the show. I have even thought about going on the show myself, a time or two (or three or four etc...). I even visited the SO website sometime ago, but never got a chance to see the post here. Maybe that is because there was never a link to it before, not sure? Never the less, I just signed up and spent hours reading the post contained within this board and I have to say that I have never seen such brutal honesty and intelligence in one place. I think they should use these boards for the SOHG's and the LC's as another method to check themselves, if they aren't already doing so. I think a dose of the comments on these boards would get at least one or two of this seasons house guest to snap to, not to mention keep the LC's informed and in check. I am sure they miss some of what goes on in the house. My guess is that they have people that report to them as to what is happening through the time they are away. Therefore, they may be missing things that these post would keep them informed of. I completely agree with the vast majority of the post I have read and my hats off to the regulars that post here. This season has been so much different than the past seasons and has left me feeling empty and not recharged like I used to feel after watching an episode. Hopefully, they will get the message and return to their prior methods of choosing what hits the cutting room floor and back to the old way of coaching, the one that actually helped me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ouch! Kimberly P 12-16-05 1
   RE: Ouch! jadedgirl37 12-17-05 2
 RE: Ouch! mysticwolf 12-17-05 3
   RE: Ouch! Denalio 12-17-05 4
       RE: Ouch! kctrey23 12-19-05 5
           RE: Ouch! mysticwolf 12-19-05 6
               Well said Cygnus X1 12-20-05 7
                   RE: Well said teacherst 01-19-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kimberly P 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kimberly%20P Click to send private message to Kimberly%20P Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ouch!"
I see your new too!!

I myself have thought about being a SO HG as well and the thoughts you wrote were very well expressed. This season has been so off kilter....although I have to say even the LCs have continued to try and get the HGs to get it together.....so I am not sure it is just editing???

Speaking of editing though with Jessica's Graduation.. the editing there sucked. Normally we see at least two if not three of the HG speak this time it was just Jill. So maybe it is editing?!?!?!?

Even though I did shed a few ters yesterday watching the final group hug when Jessica actually left--so maybe it is making somewhat of an impact on me -- but definitely not like past seasons...I agree with you.

jadedgirl37 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-17-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jadedgirl37 Click to send private message to jadedgirl37 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ouch!"
Hi There
Im also new to the boards. I would love to go on this show. Im a single mom with 4 kids tho. How do these people mantain thier lives at home being gone for so long. Like up keep of houses, bills,kids, etc.. I just dont know how they do it. I think it would be a great experience, I just dont know what I would do with my kids, since their deadbeat dad does not take them at all. It's to bad that they don't have a few of these places other than La.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ouch!"
Welcome to the forums, both of you.

Just as a matter of clarification, though. These forums are in no way connected to SO, so it's doubtful that the producers, houseguests, or others connected with the show reads or posts here. (Not impossible, just doubtful.)

These forums are entirely independent of any show or network. They are run, on a voluntary basis, solely for the purpose of providing a medium of communications between reality tv lovers (and bashers) to discuss the various shows.

So, if you want to leave comments about how you believe the show should change, you may want to do so using the feedback link on the actual SO website.

Again, welcome. And, when you have a chance, don't miss the opportunity to read the community guidelines (link at the top of each page). Scrolling through the pages and reading any posts started by Bebo would also be encouraged. (She's the moderator here.)

Bad Wolf! by PM

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-17-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ouch!"
Hi! I just want to add to the original poster and to others here -- that it really helps when you make your subject line actually reflect more of what it is you plan to discuss- "Ouch" tells me very little!

Thanks.

kctrey23 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kctrey23 Click to send private message to kctrey23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ouch!"
It's my hope that the houseguests from SO do not read this board. There is so much negativity and bashing spewed that they'd need serious psychological counseling if the saw what was said about them. Of course, the board is a forum for your opinion - only if you care to bash the houseguests and the show. Don't try to contradict the opinions of the holier-than-thous on this site. Methinks you'll be banned for that.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ouch!"
Not entirely accurate, kc. You're right, this is a forum to bash reality tv and the people that appear on it. Look at the names of the forums in the header of the page if you're unsure about that. As such, you may be correct that it would be best if contestants with thin skins not read posts here - not just SO posts, any show posts.

But it's not that hard to fit in as a poster. Just read and abide by the guidelines. Bash the show and contestants all you wish. Do not bash the other posters for their opinions, even if you disagree (feel free to bash their opinions, just not them). Do not bash or publicly question (feel free to PM them) the moderators (ie. "the holier-than-thous") for their decisions. (They all volunteer their time to make this a nice place for us to play.) Respect the fact that this is a web site larger than just SO, and that it doesn't exist solely for the purpose of SO. Join existing discussions where possible. (Meaning you have to actually read, and react to, what others are saying rather than post for the sake of saying what you want to say. This is a discussion forum - not a blog.) Place your posts in the forum it belongs in. (Meaning if it is about a single houseguest, it belongs in the houseguest, rather than general discussion, forum, etc.) Don't violate, or ask others to violate, copyright laws.Have fun. (Or not, your choice, but fun is supposed to be the point, isn't it?)

Seems pretty simple to me. I think the mods have gone over and above, as a matter of fact. There is a whole thread devoted to alternate places to post if someone isn't comfortable posting here and wants a different ambiance. More than the original SO board offered you when they posted the link to us.

Bad Wolf! by PM

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Well said"
Myst, I think you ought to bronze that post. Excellently put.

And welcome to all the newcomers. I hope this is a good place for you. If it is not, some alternatives are listed in this thread. Go where you feel the most comfortable . . . but we hope it's here!

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

teacherst 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-19-06, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherst Click to send private message to teacherst Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Well said"
yEAH PEOPLE TELL IT LIKE IT IS ON HERE

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •