The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-22-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
For spoilers-included discussion of how the series' favorite learning-challenged individual might repeat the exact strategies and mistakes of his first go-round, wind up with a duplicate result, and finish by producing a cloned whine.

Nothing that happened could possibly be his fault, says he. Everything was done perfectly: the flaw was in everyone around him. And he's desperate -- comically so -- for the title. Add that to the spoilers we have in place, and that says he lost twice: F3, not enough votes because the votes were assumed to be automatic. He may have used the same jury speech twice, and the awareness that he lost the second time may have set in Sunday night.

To me, the irony is that knowing the result in advance might be the only thing which stands a chance of getting me to watch. Look at the fool, thinking his ego is dominating the game. Behold the idiot, who believes a meal of dirt and feces fed to his opponents is the perfect pre-vote breakfast. See the self-blinded man as he gazes out on the hatred he's created and believes it to be ganglord-created respect. And in the end, witness the loss, the denial, and the exact same screams as before.

Survivor: Schadenfreude. He will fail, we will know it, and he still won't be able to understand how it happened...

The future the same as the past, forever and ever, amen.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Snidget 12-22-09 1
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Estee 12-22-09 2
       RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Snidget 12-22-09 3
           RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Estee 12-22-09 4
               RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Snidget 12-22-09 5
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Georjanna 12-22-09 6
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... PepeLePew13 12-22-09 7
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Belle Book 12-22-09 8
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... performanz 12-26-09 9
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... vince3 12-26-09 10
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Outfrontgirl 12-26-09 11
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Estee 12-26-09 12
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... munson 12-29-09 13
       RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... KLicK 12-30-09 14
           RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... kingfish 12-30-09 15
               RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Brownroach 01-04-10 20
                   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... kingfish 01-04-10 21
                       RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Snidget 01-04-10 22
                           RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... kingfish 01-04-10 23
                               RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Outfrontgirl 01-05-10 24
                                   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Belle Book 01-06-10 25
                                       RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Outfrontgirl 01-06-10 26
                                           RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... wallflowr22 01-07-10 27
                                               RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Outfrontgirl 01-07-10 28
                                   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Tublecane 01-08-10 31
                                       RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Outfrontgirl 01-08-10 32
 What about weight gain? Karchita 12-30-09 16
   RE: What about weight gain? vince3 12-30-09 17
       RE: What about weight gain? Karchita 12-30-09 18
           RE: What about weight gain? PepeLePew13 12-30-09 19
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Tublecane 01-08-10 29
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Outfrontgirl 01-08-10 30
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Estee 01-08-10 33
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Brownroach 01-08-10 34
       Busy Busy Busy rachelOH63 01-09-10 35
 RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... television 04-09-10 36
   RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... BedfordRobbie 04-09-10 37
       RE: The goat picking out a sure-foo... Belle Book 04-09-10 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
Yep, I have a feeling some of the angst/anger at the reunion show may have been thinking oh great I lost this way twice all the while thinking he might have won, and won two in a row.

That and I wonder how many confessionals he worries may have said something that sounds like he believed he won the first time and if he will be edited differently in a "look at him do the same thing" buffoon way rather than a "watch the conquering hero doing it again" way.

I mean I could believe EPMB would lead him on for the second go round just to see what quotes he could get out of that ego believing it was winning a second million.

Gosh I hope there is some "they call these stars, I still am not surrounded by stars, stars I NEED STARS when will they ever let me play with those that are my equal, oh wait there are none" confessional.

or was that mean

If you're a {Reality TV} juror, you don't have to put aside anything! You have the ultimate power of your own reckless, irrational whimsy! That is the absolute essence of the game. --Linda Holmes

12-22-09, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
I mean I could believe EPMB would lead him on for the second go round just to see what quotes he could get out of that ego believing it was winning a second million.

Talk about the past as prologue... If we start looking at S19/20 as being a single season (with extended halftime), then the grand story called Rise And Failure Of RussHell's Ego starts to venture towards Shakespearean territory. (About 3000 miles away from the nearest border, but still.) Here is the man who could not simplify himself, although he was really good at making up his mind beyond all hope of a second opinion.

But I'm not sure the edit will go that way. Jeff's blogaganda typically supports the edit, and Jeff says RussHell should have won. (We can comprehensively cover Jeff's recent inability to have his own opinion some other thread.) Given the ten-day turnaround between halves, Jeff -- well, he tallied the votes: he knows it didn't work. If RussHell was able to convince himself he was the winner across that timespan and hold it into the next game, then start his rinse-repeat-relapse play... game-Jeff knows it's doomed. But if blog-Jeff supports it a second time, then the editing will not go RusStaff.

On the other hand, if the mockery starts to come in...

12-22-09, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
I could almost forgive the all Russwelledego editing of round one if there is some great fall in round two.

After all, how the mighty have fallen makes a great story arc but you gotta build 'em up before you knock 'em down.

I could easily see at least one villain doing a...you know, I know at least half these people hate me more than anyone else, I know most of them do not under any circumstance want to see me win any money/more money even the ones that like/respect me, but...

I see fresh meat, no one knows him enough to like him, and the only way I look human is sitting next to that ego on a short stick...confessional.

Just not sure which person I would bet on voicing that thought.

You don't think the earthquake happened because once the weight of RusSwelledEgo as removed from Samoa something was bound to happen.

If you're a {Reality TV} juror, you don't have to put aside anything! You have the ultimate power of your own reckless, irrational whimsy! That is the absolute essence of the game. --Linda Holmes

12-22-09, 02:11 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-09 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

the only way I look human is sitting next to that ego on a short stick

And there is nothing a self-titled player hates more than getting played.

If the other shoe finally dropped Sunday night...

12-22-09, 02:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
...he may run rather than show up for the next reunion episode?

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-22-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-09 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

I thought that it was interesting that in one of his post-Finale interviews Russell said that he had relinquished 1/10th of 'his' company to his brother so that his sibling could re-locate (from North Carolina) to run it while Russell, in turn, re-located to 'somewhere around LA in order to do some fun things for six months or so' (in the middle of his young daughters' school year).

A (failed) prophet shaking the dust of his own country 'til it settles down or another mactor-in-the-making?

Hantz for Hanes (Plus) has a nice ring ...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-09, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
>He may have used the same jury
>speech twice, and the awareness
>that he lost the second
>time may have set in
>Sunday night.

Personally, if the spoilers are correct, I believe he knows he got his ass handed to him by such seasoned Survivor veterans who know a thing or two about jury speeches (without naming any names, both of the rumoured finalists going up against Russhell have been to the final vote before and both know how to speak their minds in strong ways, unlike what Mick and to a lesser degree, Natalie, did). One of the other two finalists won't hesitate to unload with both barrels firing onto Russhell in the final with various jury members nodding their heads frantically so I think Russhell knows his goose is cooked.

I think it's going to be a great season of schadenfreude, indeed. I have no problem with his gameplay so I'm going to enjoy that, but it's the social stuff where his ass will be kicked big time and he'll be the perfect goat to ride to the end.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-22-09, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
It will be fun, trust me on that!

As I said before, RussHell has no clue how to play the social game! The strategic game -- oh yeah, he knows how to play it, although I think that dumping water is a bad strategy. I mean, your Gardner would never do such a thing, Estee! He knew better than to hurt his own tribe! Still, RussHell knows how to play the strategic game. The social game -- no clue. And it will be fun for me to watch him go down in flames at the end!

performanz 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-26-09, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail performanz Click to send private message to performanz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
if there were any other decent players in S19 they would have had Russell wrapped around their fingers, controlling his every move by pushing his buttons. In the post interviews natalie seems to have been doing that to an extent. I thought Todd did a great job of doing this in winning china. In all-stars I'm sure there will be someone smart enough to play Russell like a fiddle.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
After some thought, I've figured out what RussHell is in the game of Survivor.......

Weapon of Mass Destruction (and Disgustion)

The main thing that you have to do with him is point him at your enemies and make sure that you're not caught in the aftermath of his destruction, if there is one........ He'll do most of the work for you while you can stay behind the scenes and mend fences with those that you need to align with later on or to help you with jury votes. All RussHell cares about is destroying everyone else, like Mike Tyson in the boxing ring in his early years (as was mentioned a couple of times during his first season) The problem with playing that way in a game in which those that you 'knocked out' determine who wins in the end is that they can become very bitter toward you and vote against you just for the sake of spite.

Should RussHell have won Samoa? If it was purely gameplay based, maybe to probably....... Unfortunately, there's that nagging social aspect of the game, and RussHell has no clue about it....... And he only might've gotten a hint of his problem at the Finale last Sunday, maybe.......

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-09, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
In S20 the jury will have a finalist to vote FOR, instead of voting for the lesser evil which was the S19 vote. And Russell knows that. He knows he didn't win 20. He thought that it might have been closer with 19.

I didn't see anyone in S19 who all out deserved to win the game. Natalie didn't do much, but spun what she did after the fact, when she saw that she could. Russell was too abrasive and unrestrained with his ego. Mick was way too passive and indecisive.

On top of it all, the jury had a ridiculous sense of entitlement to win because they dominated the first part of the game, and only two people showed any gracious acceptance of losing. A season full of sore losers, not just Russell.

On S20, I expect to see a lot of people playing the game hard, and I think it's to Russell's credit if he goes far in that group. Coach is a great goat to drag along, but yet he's not the one who makes it to the end. Yay for that.

12-26-09, 06:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
instead of voting for the lesser evil which was the S19 vote

I thought the spoilers had the F3 as All Evil, All The Time.

...okay, one giant ego, one top-of-the-lungs screamer, and one walking incurable STD.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-29-09, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
On S20, I expect to see a lot of people playing the game hard, and I think it's to Russell's credit if he goes far in
that group.

Since Somoa hadn't aired before filming began for S20, what did, or could, Russell tell the others about his performance in S19? Whatever they knew or didn't know, Russell came into the game with a potentially big advantage as an unknown. I have no doubt that he'll play the exact same game since he was so sure it worked in Somoa and the others would never see him coming. We know that his strategic game works well, it's just not a winning game.

In fact, looking at the spoiled boot list, we might see the Dumb-A$$ Girl Alliance v2.0. I'm already salivating at Jerri's jury question!

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-30-09, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
In All-Stars, Rupert did back-to-back seasons and I seem to remember Jeff telling the Survivors that Rupert did not win. The first few episodes had aired before they left for filming, so the others knew who he was (and a little about him).

Do you think the producers told the others anything about how well Russell did in S19?

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-09, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
Since it could be argued that the info the producers give to others about how well Russ did in S19 would affect his chances in S20, the lawyers would probably have input into that conversation.

My guess would be that, in an attempt to level the playing field, the producers had to tell everyone how he finished in S19 (afterall, he should know how everyone else finished), but little else, esp. about his strategies. This could give him an advantage (he may have researched how each of the others played their games), but Russ's ego won't let him not brag, and if it goes this way and even if he did the research, he'll probably waste his edge.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-10, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-10 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

I seriously doubt they would have told the S20 contestants Russell's placement in S19, since Russell didn't yet know himself where he would finish.

In the case of Rupert they could reasonably have told the All Star cast that he didn't win, because Rupert already knew he didn't win.

That Russell was asked to come back on immediately should tip off the S20 cast that he made it fairly far in S19, at least past the merge. Maybe they were told that much.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

01-04-10, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-10 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

You're right, I stand corrected. The most they have revealed about Russ was that he made it to F3.

Speculation: If it was revealed to all that he made F3, it should be an early death sentence for his S20 chances. Because, presumably he will play F20 as aggressively as he did S19, and anyone at S20 would surely beware of a previous F3 (at least) finalist who may have actually won for all they know and who plays like he does. He should be an easy early target, any spoilers to the contrary notwithstanding, even though there will be a number of F3 or better finishers there. Even among that crowd he should standout.

01-04-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
Even with an F3 (either from the producers or because someone's ego won't let him keep a secret of it) finish I could see it not necessarily getting him voted out early.

1. The ego level of the All-Stars that won't believe this guy could beat them.

added to.

2. He's obnoxious enough or doesn't have enough friends so the other people figure he isn't a jury threat. The hey they'll hate him more than they already hate me so I'll keep him/I don't have to worry about my friends jumping ship to vote for the new guy sort of thing.

added to

3. Given the way they lurved him finding idols they will probably put the out where they know Russell will look for them so he'll probably get a least one played when he might need it.

01-04-10, 01:45 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
You have three good points (not code).

I'll comment on #1, because although there are certainly a lot of huge egos there, we haven't ever seen anything like Russ's ego before (IMO). And nothing ruffles the feathers of a real DAW like someone else being even DAW-ier.

Actually while I think Russ should be an early target, I also think he may be smart and sly enough to defeat those that would plot against him. He showed great instincts in S19, I expect him to do so in S20 also.

01-05-10, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-10 AT 00:13 AM (EST)

There are rumors out there that Erika Shay, senior casting member and Parv's best friend,

did her best to cast a ready-made alliance for her, although her Natalie choice got nixed and Courtney sent in. Also that Parv got placed on a tribe with floater type villain females rather than the ones who would have dumped her at the get-go. Sandra rather than Eliza.

The rumor asserts that Erika set up a Parvati-Hantz alliance before the game began. If so, whether or not everyone knew about Russell, Parv would have known his capabilities and his goat-worthiness.

If you don't remember Erika Shay, she and her fiancee were first team off TAR 5.

http://www.myspace.com/castingrealitytv

"my bitcbes" ~ tag on Parv's myspace
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewTaggedPhoto&friendID=30276475&imageUserID=80573917&imageID=13023246#u=80573917&i=13025235

now if only Erika could have gotten Jessica de Ben on S20, but I guess it was a hard sell to cast the first boot off one of the least popular seasons.

at least there are none of her and Russell

01-06-10, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
So Parvati would know RussHell would be a great goat for her! No surprise there -- if I was as capable of keeping my feelings under wraps as Natalie in S19 was, I'd probably see RussHell as a good goat -- if I got far enough in the game that I looked at the jury vote.

01-06-10, 04:41 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
He's much more than a good goat. He's a natural strategist and he makes things happen so you get to the end and the people against you do not.

wallflowr22 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-07-10, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wallflowr22 Click to send private message to wallflowr22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
I've been lurking (and loving!) this forum ever since I stumbled upon it a couple of seasons ago. Forgive me for being so naive --but does this tidbit about the friend/casting member help explain why Candice is considered a 'hero' (to put a Parvati alliance member on the opposite team so they are not instantly targeted), as well as Danielle on the villains? (to help foster an alliance that might be less obvious for Parv)

I have been trying not to read the posts about the boot list so I have no idea what sort of alliance Parv might work with, and my memory is not as sharp as most of you posters that can recall types of strategies each player uses, but my conspiracy antennae went up when I saw this!

01-07-10, 04:01 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-10 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

you nailed it! Welcome to non-lurking status wallflowr22.

ETA - Candice on other side is a pre-merge ally but reduces perception of Cook Islands alliance pre-merge.

another spec that is out there on the boards is rumor that Ozzy was cut because he and Parv still have not made up, whereas she and James did patch things up after FvF. There were certain people from FvF who no doubt would have put Parv on the hit list immediately, but none of them were cast.

Also that there was a big push for surefire ally Natalie Bolton even though she didn't do much most of her season, but that casting Courtney Yates prevailed in that one, and Natalie was only an alternate in case Courtney wasn't healthy enough to play.

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-08-10, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
"Also that Parv got placed on a tribe with floater type villain females rather than the ones who would have dumped her at the get-go. Sandra rather than Eliza."

I have to say, there's a pretty decent reason to include Sandra over Eliza having nothing to do with Parvati's chances. Namely, Sandra's a previous winner and a memorable character, whereas Eliza has already been on twice and never set the screen on fire with personality or gameplay.

01-08-10, 04:01 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
yes, I could have worded that better. I didn't mean it was a choice between one and the other. I meant that if Eliza had been cast she would have gone after Parv.

The rumor is that Sandra was very surprised to find herself on the Villains tribe. I also think Candice belonged on Villains. She threw Aitu to the wolves because she wanted to be with Adumb. She had a good relationship with Yul and wasn't in jeopardy, IIRC.

In Jiffy's new cast assessment, he goes out of his way to explain why some of them got put on the tribes they did, why Candice's mutiny was heroic, etc..

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-30-09, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "What about weight gain?"
RussHell lost a ton of weight during S19, but he looked substantively larger to me at the S19 reunion than he did at the end of S19.

If he made it to F3 in S20, how come he wasn’t as skinny as a Janu? Maybe he gets his head handed to him fairly quickly once he's swimming with the big fish.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-09, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What about weight gain?"
S20 ended in late August/early September, just before Samoa got earthquaked but good.

He's had a few months to get back to his normal size, regardless of when he got eliminated, if at all......

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-30-09, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What about weight gain?"
I have to agree that four months is long enough to put back on a lot of weight, especially if you starved to lose it. I didn't realize it was that long.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-09, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What about weight gain?"
Consulting TDT’s calendar here, the final TC took place on September 16th, so yeah definitely RussHell had three full months to push his ego down from his head back into his body and fatten up again.

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-08-10, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
"Look at the fool, thinking his ego is dominating the game. Behold the idiot, who believes a meal of dirt and feces fed to his opponents is the perfect pre-vote breakfast. See the self-blinded man as he gazes out on the hatred he's created and believes it to be ganglord-created respect. And in the end, witness the loss, the denial, and the exact same screams as before...He will fail, we will know it, and he still won't be able to understand how it happened"

Wow, that's an awful lot of vitriolic mockery for a guy who supposedly came in second twice. Yes, I know it's fun to see people you hate experience desperation. But come on, some people just don't have the sort of personality to win the final vote. Doesn't make him an idiot. After all, very few players ever make it to the finals, let alone twice.

I, for one, don't believe the defining aspect of Russell's gameplay is that he sucks in front of juries. What about the rest of the game?

01-08-10, 02:36 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
Excellent point.
Not to mention the fool now shares the honor of America's vote for Player of the Season with JT - finals twice and Player of the Season. Puts him way up there in the list of accomplished Survivor gamers, I'd say.

01-08-10, 05:08 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-10 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

I could give you a long list of other qualities which make him an idiot. But the site may be near its vitriolic mockery quota for the day, so let's just sum it most of them up on one entry: other people are allowed to have emotional reactions. At last glance, he still believed that was restricted to him -- and that just might be the defining aspect of his gameplay.

Sidebar: there are few more intense expressions than the look of surprise on a bully's face at the moment someone finally connects. It's never so much 'You hit me!' as it is 'You're not allowed to hit me!' Call it the alternate Albert Ganz theory -- but this one is a bully. (I suspect he may be a former victim getting back at everyone who's ever done him wrong: i.e. everybody -- but he could also be running on pure natural talent.) Defensive and prone to run verbally scared in the face of threats and endlessly ugly when holding the whip hand.

I'd like to think it's just his game persona.

I'm nowhere near naive enough to try.

Do you want to start on the stupidity of the American voter or should I? (And are we counting Jeff's 16,000,000 votes?)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-10, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
I, for one, don't believe the defining aspect of Russell's gameplay is that he sucks in front of juries. What about the rest of the game?

The rest of the game: Russell is busy Making Moves.

Busy making alliances on Day 1, busy getting rid of the people he made alliances with on Day 1 by Day 6, busy burning people's socks and dumping out canteens in the middle of the night, busy trying to create chaos within his tribe, busy yelling at people who don't recognize that he is calling the shots, busy looking for the hidden idol, busy finding the hidden idol, busy showing his hidden idol to tribenates, busy showing his idol to more people after the merge, busy wondering if he needs to play his idol, busy playing his idol unnecessarily, busy finding another idol, busy playing his new idol, busy finding another idol, busy telling people has has the idol, busy booting the people he told he has the idol, busy threatening to play his new idol, busy booting more people he made alliances with, busy creating situations that will make it necessary for him to become even busier to deal with the situations he created, busy not getting to know anyone while his alliance mates are getting to know people, busy bragging about himself to the camera 24/7, busy being Russell The Greatest Player Of Survivor Ever.

Wait, there's more: busy telling people how much money he makes, busy getting angry at those people when they tell other people how much money he makes, busy thinking he's got the game in the bag because how could anyone vote for anyone else to win when Russell has been so busy Making Moves from Day 1 and no one else has been trying even one-eighth as hard as Russell to Make all the Moves necessary to show everyone how Survivor should be played.

I don't think Russell necessarily sucked in front of the jury. I think the jury just didn't agree that playing the Busiest Game With The Most Moves automatically entitled him to win. And I don't think that it did either.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

rachelOH63 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-09-10, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Busy Busy Busy"
That wore me out just reading it. ;)

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-09-10, 02:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
Oh man. Tonight was it. That was it. As soon as they framed it '...but Russell's ego made him take out Boston Rob instead of making a good decision', it was over. He's picking his way to the slaughterhouse. And won't it be a spectacle for the unanalytical viewing audience to see him beaten by Sandra, who he doesn't respect in the slightest. Oh how he must have fits. I can't wait for the next 7 or whatever episodes while he talks about how Sandra is the perfect finals competitor because she's useless. Pride cometh before the fall, and it's been comething for 1.5 seasons now.

Sorry Russell lovers, but this is too delightful. The editing doesn't lie. It takes a petty and vengeful person to read a petty and vengeful person, and Russell has met his match in Sandra.

BedfordRobbie 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-09-10, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BedfordRobbie Click to send private message to BedfordRobbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
Sandra is back and I love it.

Sometime in the next few episodes Sandra and Parv will form a winners alliance that will take them to the end. Russell will be used to grt rid of people and take the heat from the jury.

If as expected its a F3, "poor" Russ will not only be getting it from the jury but Sandra and Parv as well. It wll be sweet.

04-09-10, 07:06 PM (EST)
38. "RE: The goat picking out a sure-footed path to the slaughterhouse: RussHell II."
This is going to be good! Seeing RussHell get roasted not only by the jury but by Sandra (and probably Parvati) as well will be delightful! And seeing Sandra use RussHell's ego like that is even better!

This is why I asked to do the summary for the Finale -- it's going to be sweet for me to write up how Sandra and Parvati aid the jury in decimating RussHell!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •