The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-09, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
CBS Press Release 12.18.2009

THE FINAL FIVE CASTAWAYS BATTLE FOR A CHANCE TO PLEAD THEIR CASE IN FRONT OF THE JURY FOR THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE AND TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR, ON A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE, FOLLOWED BY A ONE-HOUR LIVE REUNION SHOW OF "SURVIVOR: SAMOA," SUNDAY, DEC. 20, 2009
"This Game Ain't Over" - A shocking new deal is struck even as the remaining castaways face the last two immunity challenges in the game, on a special two-hour season finale, followed by a one-hour live reunion show of SURVIVOR: SAMOA, Sunday, Dec. 20, 2009 (8:00-11:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

F5 IC starting vidcap (thank you, TDT!):

Obstacle course with puzzle bag waiting after net and balance beam?

As was predictable, there is something "shocking" to speculate over. I would have been shocked if the CBS writers had come up with a new adjective.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... Outfrontgirl 12-18-09 1
   RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... byoffer 12-18-09 3
   RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... michel 12-18-09 5
       RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... Outfrontgirl 12-18-09 8
           RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... michel 12-18-09 10
   RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... Corvis 12-18-09 6
       RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... Outfrontgirl 12-18-09 7
           RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... michel 12-18-09 9
               RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... byoffer 12-18-09 11
                   RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... michel 12-19-09 12
                       RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... Outfrontgirl 12-19-09 13
 RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... Brownroach 12-18-09 2
   RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain... Estee 12-18-09 4
   Synonyms for shocking Outfrontgirl 12-19-09 14
       RE: Synonyms for shocking michel 12-19-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-18-09, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
I figure the "shocking" new deal can't substantially involve Brett. It's way too obvious he can't stay in the game if he loses IC. To state the obvious - 3 people have to align for F5 vote, including at least two Foa Foa, to take out the first Foa Foa,

As of last episode, Mick was on the block to go first. While that was somewhat a trust issue, Russell has concerns that Mick is well liked by the jury. (Odd that he doesn't worry about his blonde cohorts chances.)

The only person who seems to make moves in this group is Russell, so I would guess he makes a deal with Mick. Also, as Natalie will not shock us by opposing Russell's vote here, Russell has to be on board with a Jaison boot or it won't happen.

Mick-
I think Mick understands the alliance as himself-Russell-Jaison. Neither of the two guys know about the "secret alliance" with Natalie, although they have had an idea that Russell wants to use her as a goat.

Mick might well expect Natalie to be the unfortunate casualty when a Foa Foa has to go, not knowing that Russell/Jaison/Natalie made a F3 agreement last time. Of course Natalie is not going anywhere, because neither Brett nor Russell will vote her out, and Mick and Jaison cannot get it done even if they do work together.

Why not boot Russell at F5?
The amazing thing is that Brett/Mick/Jaison don't take out Russell when they have a wide open chance. They seem to believe he will get jury votes. Why don't they do it? Perhaps Jaison is just that loyal to his promise.

Why does Russell kick his main man to the curb?
What's in it for Russell? We know he's afraid Brett will win the final immunity. It's possible Russell believes that Mick, with his agility, has a better shot at beating Brett than Jaison. So far Jaison has not performed that well. Bowling is not representative of much else, and he had an advantage in the plank holding.

I don't know what other deal could be cut other than one with Mick. The clue says as they face the final TWO challenges, which implies at F5. Anyway, there is not much to haggle over at F4. Either they get Brett out or they're in deep trouble, but not much point in cutting a deal on a F4 vote until they know about Brett's fate. If he's in, they're all runners up at best.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
I think you are right, OFG. The only reason to keep Mick over Jaison is if Russell thinks that Mick has a better chance at beating Brett in an IC. Obviously Brett is the biggest threat for the jury, and has to be eliminated at all costs. My only problem is that by this logic Natalie should be eliminated, as keeping Jaison and Mick doubles the chances of beating Brett (Natalie can't be seen as a challenge threat for Brett).

So maybe Russell is balancing between his alliance to Natalie (and his feelings she is not a challenge to win) and getting rid of Brett.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-09 AT 07:09 PM (EST)

If Brett loses immunity, there are no deals, he's gone.

So, the "shocking" deal could be Russell going to Brett after the "baby-faced assassin" (who comes up with this crap!) wins the immunity. Russell promises him F3 if he votes for the player Russell wants out. Of course, that deal would be as worthless as the ones offered Luara, John, Dave, Monica, Shambo, Marisa, Ashley, etc... Russell thinks he has the game won if he makes F3 so he may think Jaison and Mick feel the same way and would want him out.

12-18-09, 07:57 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
Interesting idea, michel, and you may well be on to something. That would be shocking, although hard to imagine it without a RussHell confessional saying it's all BS. Does he need Brett's vote? I can see Russ telling Mick that it's either Mick or Jaison because Natalie is voting with Russ, so Mick would be wise to vote Jaison.

That would be the point where Mick should take a leap and recruit Jaison and Brett to vote Russ out, but he's not decisive enough.

12-18-09, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
"I can see Russ telling Mick that it's either Mick or Jaison because Natalie is voting with Russ..."

Yes, but that leaves Russell one vote short and at Mick's mercy. I think he'd want to secure 3 votes before choosing which to eliminate between Mick and Jaison. That's his usual MO.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-18-09, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
"(Odd that he doesn't worry about his blonde cohorts chances.)"

Russell could never imagine Natalie beating him. He sees himself as having carried her all the way (and it does appear that's what he did) so I don't think he can imagine anyone voting for her over him. It'll be a million dollar mistake for him, I think. I also think Russell doesn't think that much of women in general so it's easy for him to underestimate them.

12-18-09, 07:53 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
I agree with you 100% Corvis. I think all the men on the jury other than Brett don't think that much of women as players. I tend to believe John when he says he trumped up the big Monica/Laura angst so as to divert attention from the strong males at merge, and was not that threatened. These guys have giant male egos. If any of them, other than Brett, vote for Natalie, I think it will be to punish Russell and Mick for failing in some aspect rather than out of the feeling Natalie is the best all around player.

She played a very successful game using her assets. I just find it hard to feel someone is the best who never made or initiated an independent strategic move in the whole game. Lucky for her, Mick didn't either, and as a strong and smart male the others hold him to the standard where he ought to have done something more.

12-18-09, 09:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
Often the best way to play this game is not to play it.

I believe that, if Natalie wins, she will have completely outwitted Russell. For her, it would have been really easy to win this game but only because she was able to recognize the biggest chump on day 1.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
Often the best way to play this game is not to play it.

So michel, er, WOPR, you are comparing Survivor to nuclear war??

I hope michel has seen WarGames and remembers this quote in reference to nuclear war - "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

12-19-09, 00:46 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
Sorry, I haven't seen "War Games". A difference would be that there is a winner in Survivor while a nuclear war could only have losers.

Playing the game, at least in the sense of playing it too hard too soon, has cost many players to get voted out. So, letting the game come to her, like Natalie did, is smart game play.

12-19-09, 01:34 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
If you have never seen War Games with Matthew Broderick, you should see it, even though it's (happily) a bit dated now.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
I'm sort of hoping that for S20 they switch to "horrifying" for the adjective-du-promo.

Meanwhile, the post-show preview didn't show much, but I saw the same damn commercial for the finale about 20 times during CSI and The Mentalist.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 14 Title: This Game Ain't Over"
I'm sort of hoping that for S20 they switch to "horrifying" for the adjective-du-promo.

Win.

12-19-09, 01:44 AM (EST)
14. "Synonyms for shocking"
abominable, appalling, atrocious, detestable, disgraceful, disgusting, disquieting, distressing, dreadful, foul, frightful, ghastly, hellacious, hideous, horrible, horrifying, loathsome, monstrous, nauseating, obscene, odious, offensive, outrageous, repulsive, revolting, scandalous, sickening, stupefying, unspeakable, X-rated

CHECK

Antonyms
admirable, decent, delightful, excellent, first-rate, gratifying, honourable, laudable, marvellous, praiseworthy, satisfying

Shockingly, "surprising" isn't on the synonym list, although I think that's the meaning they're going for. Horrifying is ...

Wouldn't it be refreshing if they made a show where that antonym list would be more relevant than those synonyms?

12-19-09, 11:59 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Synonyms for shocking"
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-09 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

For an episode that devoted not 1 but THREE scenes to Shambutch's mullet, I see many of those synonyms that apply:

abominable, appalling, atrocious, disgraceful, disgusting, dreadful, foul, ghastly, hellacious, hideous, horrible, nauseating, odious, repulsive, sickening.

Thankfully, it didn't get all the way to X-rated!

(And Mick is the one to get the blurs!)

PS: I think they forgot about those antonyms somewhere after season 2. Now, they sometimes get lucky, turn to a page at random and fall on one of those words (episode #4 of China)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •