The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor #19 Episode 13 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor #19 Episode 13 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Keep it here until the show has aired on the West Coast.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Reward Challenge Snidget 12-17-09 1
   RE: Reward Challenge Snidget 12-17-09 2
       RE: Reward Challenge PepeLePew13 12-17-09 4
           RE: Reward Challenge Loree 12-17-09 26
   RE: Reward Challenge Snidget 12-17-09 3
 Reward Snidget 12-17-09 5
   RE: Reward Snidget 12-17-09 6
       RE: Reward byoffer 12-17-09 10
       RE: Reward Belle Book 12-17-09 18
 Immunity Snidget 12-17-09 7
   RE: Immunity Snidget 12-17-09 8
       RE: Immunity byoffer 12-17-09 9
           RE: Immunity Snidget 12-17-09 11
               RE: Immunity byoffer 12-17-09 13
                   RE: Immunity Snidget 12-17-09 15
                       RE: Immunity michel 12-17-09 16
                           RE: Immunity byoffer 12-17-09 20
                               RE: Immunity HistoryDetective 12-17-09 21
                                   RE: Immunity michel 12-17-09 22
                               RE: Immunity michel 12-17-09 23
 Da Votes Snidget 12-17-09 12
   RE: Da Votes byoffer 12-17-09 14
   Souvenir!? michel 12-17-09 17
       RE: Souvenir!? byoffer 12-17-09 19
           RE: Souvenir!? michel 12-17-09 24
               RE: Souvenir!? SquidProQuo 12-17-09 25
                   Agree. dabo 12-18-09 28
               RE: Souvenir!? Tublecane 12-18-09 29
                   RE: Souvenir!? michel 12-18-09 31
       RE: Souvenir!? Brownroach 12-18-09 30
           RE: Souvenir!? michel 12-18-09 32
               RE: Souvenir!? Brownroach 12-20-09 33
   RE: Da Votes Loree 12-17-09 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-17-09, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Reward Challenge"
Russell and Natalie are captains.

Natalie chooses Brett
Russell chose Jaison
Natalie chooses Mick
Russell gets Shambo.

Pull a rope and drop as few coconuts a possible.

First team to 100 loses.

12-17-09, 08:14 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Reward Challenge"
Russell's team at 29
Natalie's at 4 until Brett drops 19 so at 23

Nat and Brett doing the prayer warrior thingy.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reward Challenge"
Natalie: God's looking out for me and is on my side.

Boom. 58 coconuts fall. Mark Burnett couldn't have choreographed it any better than that.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Reward Challenge"
Natalie was really annoying me tonight. Thinking God would help them to win. Natalie and Brett were pushing it.

12-17-09, 08:17 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Reward Challenge"
Jaison and now at 77. bumpity bump bump.
Natalie pulls and a whole bunch drop, 58 drop to 81

Russell goes slow and easy and no coconuts drop.
Brett up next and 23 brings them to 104.

Russell, Jaison and Shambo going on reward.

12-17-09, 08:22 PM (EST)
5. "Reward"
Lots of good food.
Lots of Samoans.

12-17-09, 08:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Reward"
Interesting confession by Natalie back at camp.

Went something like this

Head says stay with Russell
Heart says go with Brett and/or Mick that I like as people.

Will my head stay in the game enough for me to win.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Reward"
Wow, was Natalie ever winning jury votes! And she has God on her side. How can she lose???

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-17-09, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Reward"
Although she got rid of Shambo (whom RussHell probably wanted to take with him), I think she went with her head and stayed with RussHell -- at least enough to keep him around. I think her head stayed in the game -- and I think she's going to win. And I hope she wins -- I like her better than RussHell, even if RussHell's a more overtly strategic player.

Belle Book

12-17-09, 08:37 PM (EST)
7. "Immunity"
Count the objects in each of 6 stations (some are living some are not)

Use the number of objects to solve a lock and use the key to break a tile. You do have a chart where you can record the numbers.

Some going back and forth after counting a station or two, others staying out a long time.

12-17-09, 08:39 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Immunity"
All four guys back and working on the combination.

Brett wins Immunity.

12-17-09, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Immunity"
I must have missed something. How did they know what order to put the numbers in? Brett was second-last to get the counting done, but either was the only one to get the count right or figured the order out first. Was the order a bit random? Lucky for him if so.

12-17-09, 08:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Immunity"
They each had a different order, but I don't know if there was some way they knew which number went where or just had to guess.

12-17-09, 08:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Immunity"
Maybe each number was only on each set of wheels once, and the wheels were in different orders.

12-17-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Immunity"
That would work, if the 6 right numbers were only to be found once one on each of the wheels. Then have the not right numbers be ones that would be easy to get if you miscounted.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Immunity"
That bugged me also so I watched it in slo-mo: At one point, you see 14 appear on two different wheels for Russell and the 14 is part of the winning combination (the one next to Brett's key as he pulls it).

The wheels could have the same numbers but if you put 14 on one wheel then there wouldn't be a winning number available on the other wheel with a 14.

12-17-09, 10:00 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Immunity"
so still a lot of luck in putting the numbers in a certain order?

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Immunity"
Well, at least none of them said, "I can't put these numbers in the right order. I'm gonna quit and just take the four hour penalty."

12-17-09, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Immunity"
I liked that one!

12-17-09, 10:17 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Immunity"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-09 AT 10:33 PM (EST)

Yes and no. The thing is, you didn't have to run out as soon as a combination didn't work. If 14 wasn't right in one spot, they should have tried it in the next and figure out which remaining number on the first wheel could go instead of 14. You eliminate the wrong combinations that way if you are confident about your numbers.

Example: Let's say the combination is 14 - 25 - 36

the first wheel has 14-15-16-36-37-38
the 2nd: 14-15-16-24-25-26
the 3rd: 24-25-26-36-37-38

If you put 36-25 you can't put 14 on the 3rd wheel so, you try 36-14-25 but that doesn't work. You are left with putting 14 - 25- 36 and voilà!

BTW, that proves Dave was right: Brett is great in challenges. That also means Natalie knew what she was doing picking him even if she pulled the wrong string.

Did anyone realize that, once more Russell was the best at pulling strings!!

12-17-09, 08:54 PM (EST)
12. "Da Votes"
If you have the hidden immunity idol around your neck and you want to play it...

Shambo
Mick
Shambo
Shambo
Shambo

Foa Foa four stuck together.

12-17-09, 08:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Da Votes"
Interesting. Shambo stood up and hugged only one person - Brett.

Laura sure looked happy that Shambo was getting voted out. I expect that joy will stop as soon as Laura realizes that Shambo will be joining her at Loser Lodge! Shambo certainly won't have many friends there.

12-17-09, 09:17 PM (EST)
17. "Souvenir!?"
Told that it was the last chance to play the idol, cocky Russell decided to keep it as a souvenir. Erik couldn't believe it.

(Chess players use a !? to denote an extremely surprising move that analysts cannot decide if it was great or an error.That's how this one felt.)

12-17-09, 09:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Souvenir!?"
I have 2 thoughts on that.
1. His cockiness won't help him with the jury.
2. The producers will probably take the thing from him anyway to become an auction item for that Elizabeth Glazer fund! (I seem to recall that professor Bob couldn't keep some trinket from the game)

12-17-09, 10:37 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Souvenir!?"
It probably won't help him but his whole case is: "I was in charge." That move brilliantly proved it.

(Burnett seems to have plenty of other idols he can put up for auction)

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-17-09, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Souvenir!?"
Well, that was a boring episode. At least the challenges were better and the reward was nice, but overall it was a big snooze to me. Here's hoping the finals are more interesting!

I wasn't surprised that Russell wore the HII to TC again, but I was very surprised that Shambo's final words were positive -- thought for sure she'd be emotional and vindictive, but she said she was happy that FaoFao stayed loyal to the end. Can't wait to see the Ponderosa clip when she walks into Loser Lodge.

I wonder if Erik was hoping that Russell would give the HII to Shambo? (Since that's what he said he planned to do to help her make the finals.)

At the end of tonight's episode, my 10 yr. old son said "Shambo was soooo overrated," and I couldn't agree more.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Agree."
Boring. Though it is amusing that a Tee Shirt Designer is the biggest threat left in the game.

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-18-09, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Souvenir!?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-09 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

"It probably won't help him but his whole case is: 'I was in charge.' That move brilliantly proved it."

Thank you! Exactly!I've been hearing plenty of complaints lately about the editors shoving Russell down our throats and how they can't stand to listen to him brag. He doesn't live up to the hype, I'll admit. But that's not his fault. Hype is tough. The important thing is the hype helps him in the game. Russ can plausibly play the Mastermind card, whereas Jaison, Mick, and Natalie have an uphill battle convincing anyone he wasn't the man.

We can argue all day about whether or not to give him Mastermind status. He's unquestionably responsible for several boots (Marissa, Betsy, Kelly, John). At the same time, he goes along to get along, allowing his tribemates to drive the vote (Ben, Ashley, Erik, Shambo). It was never the case, in my opinion, that being a good strategist means you have to personally cause every boot. Also, evey vote Russell's been involved in, his idea not, was to his benefit.

What viewers who overestimate boot-egineering don't seem to realize is that playing the role of Mastermind is often as good as actually being the Mastermind. It's as legitimate a game strategy as "flying under the radar". Better, I'd say (if you're good at it), since people are more apt to respect players who stand out proudly and paint targets on their own backs.

12-18-09, 06:52 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Souvenir!?"
Actually, the true masterminds are those who let others take or share the blame for their plan. Rafe, Cirie, Earl and Todd decided every boot they were involved in after the merge yet Stephenie got all the blame for rafe while Aras, Danielle, Dreamz and Amanda shared the blame with the one with the plan.

"I was in charge" is Russell's case but it can also be his demise.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Souvenir!?"
Told that it was the last chance to play the idol, cocky Russell decided to keep it as a souvenir. Erik couldn't believe it

I'm generally suspicious of the edited-in jury reaction shots. We know the TC's last an hour or more, that reaction by Erik could have been to something completely different (I don't think the camera panned over to jury there, did it?).

12-18-09, 06:59 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Souvenir!?"
You could be right but what we saw was Erik in the background reacting by raising his arms which seemed like a natural "I can't believe it" reaction. It wasn't a close-up or anything, not something stressed by the editors because it could have been missed if you were looking at the other members of the jury.

And wouldn't it be worse for Russell if the reaction was taken out of context to make us think he was cocky?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-09, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Souvenir!?"
Yes it would, but it struck me as also intended to be about Erik -- implying that "Erik will never vote for Russell to win the money!" They try to fake us out with these kinds of things sometimes.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Da Votes"
I think Russell not playing the HI will hurt him with the jury. He acted too c*cky.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •