The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-15-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-09 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

Survivor 19 Samoa: State of the Spoiling
Episode 13

Welcome to the SOTS where we try to one-up EPMB and accurately predict the results of Survivor before it airs... sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not. But, we will eternally try! If you are new to these boards, please take a look at our Community Guidelines. You will find them helpful in navigating your way around SurvivorBlows.

Thanks Flowerpower for the excellent SOTS last week. I won’t have all the insight you share with us, but I can report what you all have been talking about since the last Tribal Council. And what a great TC that was! Russell, Russell, Russell! I will miss DaveBall for all his jaw-dropping moments! Monica who?

If you missed last week’s show, you can read michel’s excellent rendition of the show here
“Pushing Buttons"

“So, at this point Russell, the one Jeff called the biggest villain in Survivor history, is loved by most of the audience while Shambo, one of Jeff’s favorite, is hated by many, many viewers.

“How is that possible?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TITLE:

Episode 13:
"Two Brains are Better than One"

Brownroach brought us the title here

Dabo presented us with a nice list of possible “Two-brain permutations”

Jaison and Mick: possible if they combine forces to try to take control of the game from Russell
Jaison and Nat: total opposites in some ways, could form a dynamic duo but probably won't
Jaison and Russell: in this case it would be Jaison thinking it and trying to influence Russell, too late for that
Mick and Nat: the two quiet players in a secret alliance? maybe
Mick and Russell: the two smart Foa Foa, Mick might think it
Nat and Russell: in which case Russell thinks he has both brains
Russell and the HII: yeah, that's the Russell ego we've come to love and loathe
Shambo and any of the combos above

PAST SPOILING:

Brownroach posted the third Missyae thread HERE

SquidProQuo posted the only new post from Missyae on:
11-19-09, 11:42 PM (EST) Here's another Missyae post from late tonight:

Someone asked was it Sham or Jaison next. It is Shambo followed by Jaison and then Brett. I think Daves interviews are interesting about Mick not playing to win. Would he perceive Natalie as playing to win? I wonder what Brett will have to say to the jury once he arrives there and will it make any difference? Also given that Mick will be in the final 3 and he and Jaison have seemingly been plotting together will Mick get his vote or will Jaison go with the player he said \"I am starting to love that guy?\" I still think it might be an interesting vote. I wonder if they could not vote for themselves who would Natalie - Russell - and Mick vote for? Betcha Russell would vote for Natalie and Natalie would vote for Russell.

VIDCAPS/SPOILING:

Flowerpower brought over the first vidcaps from Survivor Fever. Thanks for all your hard work flower.
"Episode 13, "Two Heads are better than one", Vidcaps"

MISDIRRECTION:

Frisky had a great theory about the reward winners that TDT’s gave her credit for.

“In this wider shot, you can see that the "going" footprints are in sync with the crew (again, assuming here), but then they suddenly veer off toward the water's edge. The group is now walking away from that point, which is curiously marked by some deep indentations in the sand. I've pointed out these marks with the pink arrow. Pontoon marks? Some sort of seacraft or boat?”

Here, they celebrate their win. What is Mick holding?
(chaoswva posted a close-up pic. He was holding his pants.)

We thought that was it until this picture. Frisky, that was great spoiling! I’m glad you are working for us.

REWARD CHALLENGE: SURVIVOR KERPLUNK

Thanks to byoffer for the challenge name.

Thanks to TrueDorkTimes for his challenge description:
Between the web promo and the weekend ads, a much clearer picture of this challenge has emerged. First, shots from the NFL-specific ad show the challenge itself, which is done in two teams of three (yellow and purple, of course). Brett, Mick and Natalie on purple, versus Russell, Jaison and Shambo on yellow.
… As for the challenge itself, it appears to require each side to take turns pulling a rope out of a structure holding up a large load of coconuts. Eventually, the remaining ropes no longer can support the coconuts, and they all fall down. As appears to be happening to Natalie in the NFL ad.

Outfrontgirl asked the question, what and where are these pillows?

Georjanna noticed the recently folded and hemmed sheet and curtains.

OFG found a picture of the pillows that Russell S won and said they were patterned and just throw pillows.

Outfrontgirl & Georjanna, you women make a great team! Thanks for your insight.

FORAGING:
This is what Brett, Mick, and Natalie were doing on the beach:

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE:

Two things point us to our Immunity winner. Missyae says Brett goes on an immunity run.
And this picture showing Brett wearing the Immunity necklace.

IDOL TALK:

Georjanna posted;

This is the HII Rules that were posted for the contestants in Micronesia - Fans vs Favorites. Do they still apply? The players seem to know the rules, so if Jaison says Day 36, and Monica says Day 36 to Russell, and he doesn't disagree, even in confessional - it's probably Day 36 like Gabon.

6TH PLACE FINISHER:

I haven’t seen much talk about the boot, but if we know who the final three are and who the fourth and fifth boots are, then this one has to be Shambo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other fun reads and on-going topics:

SquidProQuo is keeping us up with two threads;
Jiffy’s EW Blog

Squid also shared these with us:
“So Jeff confirms that our Bitter Jury thread is very appropriately named . “

“The EW secret scene this week is a Natalie confessional. She says she made her alliance with Russell early on in the game and is going to stick with him. She knows he's a bigger threat and she wants people to think she's weak and a good person to take to the end because she's NOT a strategic threat.”

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7336.shtml | Samoa Insider – Episode 12 Insider Clips & Ponderosa> This is a transcript by James Barber.
Squid found these few interesting things from a Jury/Final TC perception standpoint:

- Monica says that Russell is playing "a beautiful game" and shouldn't ruin it by sending her to the jury and taking Shambo to the finals instead
- Monica said that she had both Brett AND NATALIE on her side to take out Shambo first before herself...so Nat was obviously working that angle (smart of Natalie to want Shambo out of the picture!)
- Dave says that the biggest move of the game was when FF blindsided Kelly...he also says that Brett would be the hardest one to beat because he's so likeable
- Brett says that Russell is the biggest threat and that Natalie, Jaison and Mick have been playing a more "passive" game (Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?!!!)
- Jaison has a very long but interesting confessional where he talks about the end game and his speech before the jury. He says that while he hopes that he'd give a great closing argument, looking objectively, Russell's got the game play nailed....Natalie is so cute and likeable.....and Mick has spent way more time with Galu.

Along the same lines, CTgirl brought us ”Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
There is a lot of great discussions that should be checked out. Thanks CTgirl for starting this thread. We are now starting to think in that area.

Georjanna’s thread Signs of Survival: Samoa

Check out Snidget’s Survivor #19 Episode 12 East Coast Spoiler Thread for talk about the past weeks show. Who knows what info you will find there; such as last week talk of the show’s time frame.

Survivor Blows is famous for its The Players, the Game and Editing thread by VerucaSalt. Check it out! Just remember that this is a non-spoiler thread.

Snidget’s thread "RTVW (and other) interviews" combines a convenient place to check if the castaway gave away any clues. SquidProQuo and Dabo posted a few good interviews. Thanks!

And lastly, don’t forget to vote in Dabo’s thread, SurvivorBlows Tribe, Time To Vote: S19 ep 13 for the Survivor you think will get the boot this week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Summarize:

Reward Challenge: Russell, Jaison, & Shambo

Immunity Challenge: Brett

Bootee: Shambo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a very short version. But it has all the main parts. I must now go decorate my tree. Feel free to add any late breaking news. Have a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the break and I’ll see you all back here for S20.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... Outfrontgirl 12-15-09 1
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... goldenmike4393 12-15-09 2
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... michel 12-15-09 3
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... Belle Book 12-15-09 4
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... dabo 12-15-09 5
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... kingfish 12-16-09 6
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... Flowerpower 12-16-09 7
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... emydi 12-16-09 8
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... CTgirl 12-16-09 9
 RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... Brownroach 12-17-09 10
   RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13... SquidProQuo 12-17-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-09, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
kircon,
thank you for all this information laid out, truly excellent and thorough. Beyond that, thank you for pinch hitting in a season short of signups, and thank you for reaching out to help me when I was having a hard time getting my SOTS done! :-

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-15-09, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Wow!

What a GREAT analysis. Thank you and thanks for bringing me up to speed with Jeff! I didn't know Jeff agreed on the bitterness that will fuel Nat's win.

I bet your tree is looking festive by now.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-09, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Great SOTS, Kircon!

The only thing left to determine is whether or not Russell is in on the Shambo boot. It would be great if he was out of the loop but I doubt it. Will they have to twist his arm?

Thanks for the mention of my summary.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-15-09, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
So it looks like Natalie's deliberately downplaying her own strategic skills to make herself look less threatening. Smart move! There's all kinds of threats -- challenge threats, strategic threats, and social (niceness) threats. You don't want to be too much of a threat in any way, shape or form.

Natalie's no challenge threat -- never was, and she's clearly trying not to make herself look like a strategic one. The only threat she is now is as a social threat, but still there's bigger targets than her even on that front (and none of them are RussHell), so she should be safe there. She'll make it to the jury and probably win because she's better at social skills and because Galu's not happy with RussHell.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-09, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Excellent. WTG!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Nice Job, Kircon, The state of the SOTS was well represented. You covered all the bases and I agree with your conclusions.

I think that is a picture of Shambo watching Nat shower. I think she is wiping drool from her lips.

One think you can say for her, she sure can grow hair. She's gone from that grotesque mullet to Amy Winehouse big hair during that month.

Thanks for the excellent SOTS.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Way to go, Kircon. You did a great job with the SOTS, and caught me right up with it all. Also, thanks so much for organizing the entire SOTS thread, and keeping us all lined up and ready to go. You ROCK!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Great SOTS!! you are the SOTS guru k!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Great SOTS Kircon!

And thank you for all you do around the forums to keep us organized. It is appreciated!

Dash Away by Agman - bobbled by Tribe

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Great job, kircon, and thanks for coordinating all the SOTS's this season. Merry Christmas!

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-17-09, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S19 State of the Spoiling - #13 Two Brains are Better than One"
Thank you, Kircon, for keeping us all informed by coordinating the SOTs all season -- really appreciate the work you put into it!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •