The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-09, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
We have started to discuss the bitter (Galu) jury in the editing thread, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss how we think the jury will vote. Will Russell win the million dollars that he thinks he deserves or will Mick or Natalie pull out the win? Discuss!

Jurors to date:
Erik
Kelly
Laura
John

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury emydi 12-08-09 1
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Brownroach 12-08-09 2
   RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Outfrontgirl 12-08-09 3
       RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Brownroach 12-08-09 5
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury JC222 12-08-09 4
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Outfrontgirl 12-08-09 6
   RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury JC222 12-08-09 8
       RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Georjanna 12-09-09 12
           RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury emydi 12-09-09 14
               RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Brownroach 12-09-09 15
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Belle Book 12-08-09 7
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury BrownEyedGirl1 12-09-09 9
   RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury dabo 12-09-09 10
   RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Outfrontgirl 12-09-09 11
       RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury PhillyBrat 12-09-09 13
 Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury? michel 12-09-09 16
   RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury? Outfrontgirl 12-09-09 17
       RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury? michel 12-09-09 18
           RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury? Outfrontgirl 12-09-09 19
               RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury? michel 12-09-09 21
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Outfrontgirl 12-09-09 20
   RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury JC222 12-09-09 22
       RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Outfrontgirl 12-10-09 23
           RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury PhillyBrat 12-10-09 24
               RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Outfrontgirl 12-10-09 29
   RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Flowerpower 12-10-09 25
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury kingfish 12-10-09 26
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury Max Headroom 12-10-09 27
 Jeff's comments on the remaining fi... SquidProQuo 12-10-09 28
   RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... Outfrontgirl 12-10-09 30
       RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... SquidProQuo 12-11-09 31
   RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... Outfrontgirl 12-14-09 32
       RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... flystorms 12-14-09 33
           RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... PepeLePew13 12-14-09 34
           RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... Outfrontgirl 12-14-09 35
               RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... SquidProQuo 12-14-09 36
                   RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... dabo 12-14-09 37
                       RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... Outfrontgirl 12-15-09 38
                       RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... vince3 12-15-09 39
                           RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... SquidProQuo 12-15-09 40
                               RE: Jeff's comments on the remainin... Outfrontgirl 12-15-09 41
 MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS ARTICLE... goldenmike4393 12-15-09 42
   RE: MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS ARTICLE.... dabo 12-15-09 43
   RE: MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS ARTICLE.... Tublecane 12-16-09 44
 RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury kingfish 12-16-09 45
 TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MIC... goldenmike4393 12-16-09 46
   RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... Belle Book 12-16-09 47
       RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... goldenmike4393 12-16-09 48
           RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... Belle Book 12-16-09 49
               RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... fanfromtexas 12-17-09 50
                   RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... goldenmike4393 12-17-09 52
                       RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... fanfromtexas 12-17-09 53
                           RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... SquidProQuo 12-17-09 54
   RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... Tublecane 12-17-09 51
       RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... Brownroach 12-17-09 55
           RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... Belle Book 12-17-09 56
               RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... Brownroach 12-18-09 57
                   RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... nailbone 12-18-09 58
                   RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4,... Belle Book 12-18-09 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-09, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-09 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

So far I think it's 2-2-0 Russhell (EJ)-Natalie (KL)-Mick

Russhell should win this but he won't

I thought Shambo was a R vote but now I think she votes for McDreamy

Monica will vote Nat maybe MIck though, TDT says she and Mick are closer than it appears (Mick and John were and we did not see that..see John's interview withe Webby)

Brett will probably vote with the gals for Natalie or Mick for II wins?

Dave will be more bitter than EJ and probably vote Mick

Jaison will vote Mick (I thought he'd go for R after he said around merge time that he really started to like him but I think he will be mad at Russhell getting him out at F5 he seems closest to Mick)

So

Nat- Laura Kelly Brett Dave? Monica??
Mick Jaison Shambo??(we'll see after Ep 13) Monica??
Russhell Erik John Shambo Dave??

So it comes down to the BMD btw Nat and Russhell ... 5-3-1

But I would love a 3-3-3 tie but Mick is gameless

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-09, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
Judging from John's interviews, it's clear he voted for Russell. His remarks imply that quite a few people didn't vote for Russell -- or at least that's what he thinks.

I would not change my vote. I think there are a lot of people who would change their vote. Out of respect for the game and everyone's effort, I really tried hard to make a decision on who would receive my vote. I think a lot of other people didn't do that. I think a lot of other people were disgruntled...A lot of people voted for the person they like the most...I would not change who I voted for. I made the correct decision...I have respect for players who executed well...A lot of people are bitter and are picking the lesser of two evils...This is a game that you have to win. You can’t just float by without making any moves and then convince me that you did stuff.

Laura and Kelly will vote for Natalie, imo.

Erik is unpredictable, I think. He feels like he was screwed over by Galu collectively, so unlike most of the other Galus he shouldn't hold any individual grudges against the Foas. Erik out of all of them may be the one to decide based on their final TC presentations.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-09, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
yep, Erik puts a lot of weight on challenge success. He's not a thinker like John. I also think he doesn't respect what women do as much as men.

I can't really say about this until we see if either Mick or Natalie go on a challenge run or screw someone over.

It's a good time for the topic, but I personally feel a lot more playing is to be done. I don't think there's any clearcut majority for Natalie over Mick at this time. I'm also not sure how the LA West Coast group factor will play into it, or if it will, but Mick, Erik, Dave, Monica, Brett, Kelly, Monica (and John), (not sure about Jaison) all hang in SoCal even though not from there originally, whereas Natalie is from the Southeast, and Russell is from the South. I think that may affect how they bond.

I think Jaison's vote is up in the air until we see if he gets backstabbed. Yes he is good friends with Mick and wary with Russell, but he is a competitor and might vote strictly on that basis. However, he values integrity.

12-08-09, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-09 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

a lot more playing is to be done.

Yes, I don't feel comfortable enough to predict what any of the people who haven't been voted out yet will do.

One thing that seems clear from the Ponderosa clips is that the jurors aren't being muzzled from talking about the game. So there's a greater possibility of people "colluding", even if in an unacknowledged way, to select a winner or deny someone the prize.

JC222 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-08-09, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JC222 Click to send private message to JC222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-09 AT 09:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-08-09 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

Thanks for starting up this thread CTGirl. Here's my take at this point but it's still early, so hopefully we can reserve the right to change our opinion .

John: Russell all the way - he respects smart game play and thinks they have similar minds

Dave: Most likely Russell

Laura: Either Natalie or Mick, whomever of these 2 does the best in IC challenges in the last few episodes (based on her interview comment that they need to kick her butt in challenges)

Brett: Whoever Laura tells him to vote for (either Nat or Mick)

Erik: This one's harder to call. Right now I'm leaning toward Russell, since I think Erik respects bold moves and good game play. However he did say in 1 interview that Nat was playing the best game at 1 point, although that was probably his view after watching things on TV vs. in the game. It's interesting that Natalie's name has never come up in Ponderosa. The key to Erik's vote could be Shambo...if he thinks that Russell screwed over Shambo, then I'd say Erik's vote goes to someone else.

Kelly: Definitely not Russell. Based on her comment that after watching the show she's happy with her vote, I'm guessing Natalie.

Shambo: It'll all come down to how and when she's booted. If he stays relatively true to her, then Russell. But if she feels wounded or betrayed by Russell, then I'm leaning toward Mick. (Although Natalie is feasible too.)

Monica: We've been given no real insight into her thinking yet, but she's the flirty type and seems to be cozying up to Mick and Jaison lately, so I'd say Mick as 1st choice and Natalie as 2nd.

ETA, I forgot about Jaison: Mick or Russell, depending on how he goes out. Leaning toward Mick at this point.

12-08-09, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
Good assessments, all.

Want to throw this out there -
Right now, the people in the jury aren't really even thinking about which Foa Foa, except for John who can accept what is up.

I think they are rooting for Brett to make it, and it will be at the point the last Galu goes out that they have to accept the choices (according to TDT on the 38th day). So when Brett doesn't win that F4 challenge, the Galu are going to be very disappointed, and they will have one day to process that, and they will be angry.

They should be angry at themselves, but they'll probably displace it onto Russell.
How angry Jaison and Shambo will be can't be called at this point. If Brett wins F5 immunity -- and I really think that's the only way he'd get to F4 --then it's down to the the four Foa Foa and it should be obvious that Russell won't vote out Natalie or vice versa, and then Brett has a swing vote, and Russell may still have an idol. So either Mick or Jaison will be on the block, and Russell has deals with both of them, but won't that be understood?

In that scenario, quite possibly all three of the finalists vote against Jaison.

12-08-09, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JC222 Click to send private message to JC222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
I agree with you OFG about Brett. And the smartest thing for the 3 FaoFao to do at F5 is to stick together and vote for the same person -- at least that way no one person could be singled out come Final TC.

Missyae has hinted that Russell's still carrying a grudge against Jaison from the Ben boot (and I'm sure he also hasn't forgotten Jaison's wimpage during the rain). And of course Natalie will do whatever Russell wants...so that really just leaves Mick hanging with a hard decision at F5 since he seems to be the tightest with Jaison. He could vote someone else on principle, but that would be the kiss of death if he doesn't win the next immunity...so most likely Mick has no choice but to go along and vote out Jaison at that point. Will be interesting to see if Jaison holds it against Mick more than the other 2, or if he blames Russell. I would think that he would expect it of Russell but not Mick.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-09-09, 05:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-09 AT 06:31 AM (EST)

Squid,

It seems to me that in this scenario, Mick could vote as he pleases at F5. Because, unless Brett wins the F4 Immunity Challenge (a circumstance that - absent a Final Two - would guarantee a Galu winner anyway) he isn't going to advance any further. It would be suicidal for either Foa-Foa coalition (Russell/Natalie or Jaison/Mick) to voluntarily take a Galu to the F3. So, I would think that Mick would have everything to gain and nothing to lose by refusing to cast a vote for Jaison's boot.

But, it will be interesting to see why Russell (and thus Natalie) preferred Mick to Jaison. Perhaps the motive was nothing other than a grudge. But, in the Recap Episode, we may have been provided a clue to another/additional reason for the decision:

In the scene where Russell advertises Mick's supposed ineptitude/passivity as a leader, he delights at pointing out that Mick "can't even talk". But the scene's introduction - Mick's Confessional - contradicts that assumption in advance of it by providing a calmly analytical and articulate explanation of his strategic decision to forego the pitfalls of Chiefdom.

I thought that that scene (coupled with Jeff's ultimate acceptance of Mick's decision to shed the trappings of his authority) put the question of his abdication firmly to rest. And that it was, perhaps, a foreshadowing of a critical mistake by Russell.

Because, as urbane and diplomatic as he may be in the objective, controlled environment of a legal office or courtroom, within the intensely subjective, ad hoc work-a-day world of Survivor, Jaison - "Screw you! - Then you are ignorant! - I'm coming for John! - I don't care what you think!" - proved to be a bit of a ... bottle rocket. And bottle rockets do not play well in front of an inquisitional Jury with a majority of very hierarchy-minded personalities.

In contrast, consider Mick's measured responses to Erik's Jasminesque criticisms and bringin'-it-on gauntlet: a matter-of-fact acknowledgement of Galu's numerical superiority and a quietly assertive "We're looking forward to it" that shut Erik up.

A Side Bar: Although the official CBS version seems to have become Natalie's personal icon, there were three patient, persistent and ambitious Taurus/Sea Turtles in Samoa. At least, there were two who are patient, persistent and ambitious. Shambo has a Sagittarius Moon and that can play havoc with all three of those sterling qualities - among others ...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-09, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-09 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

G I totally agree about Mick voting not for Jaison at F5, he'll go for Nat probably less anger from Nat than Russhell and if Russhell still has HII at F5 he'll have to play it then

But on the talking by Mick, in the Recrap they also showed Mick being very tongue tied when they showed him "giving orders" to build the shelter. If he gets flustered by a jury ? he may start "um"ing and "er"ing again. I don't think Russhell will and Nat is a pharm sales rep so she's always talking and selling

Also I think Russhell and Mick might play the "he's already rich" card...why else put that in the recrap...for which Nat would be the beneficiary of that argument.

And I agree with BR and OFG that alot of play has to occur still and the remaining Galus in the game now will decide the game they are still up in the air for me...but I don't think any of them will vote for Russhell bc they will blame him for their ousters. The only possible Russhell vote is Shambo but I think he lost her vote at last week's TC.

I think Brett will not make his final out of bitterness but as Laura wants him to...he'll know that he was going out at F4 when he doesn't win immunity and Brett is not the bitter type.

12-09-09, 11:22 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
It would be funny if there's a repeat of the last TC vote, substituting the Final 3:

John votes for Russell (Mick last week)
Shambo votes for Mick (Dave last week)
Everyone else votes for Natalie (John last week)

I could almost envision that happening.

I also agree that Mick might well opt to toss a vote to Natalie at F5, with an eye toward getting Jaison's vote in the final. There's no way Natalie is going to end up on the jury -- should Brett win immunity at F4 Mick would go next.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-08-09, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
John will vote for RussHell. Kelly & Laura will vote for Natalie. Those votes are obvious. Less obvious is Erik's vote. I think Erik is leaning towards either Mick or RussHell, but it depends in part on the final jury speech. I don't think he'll vote for Natalie.

The others -- Dave might vote for RussHell or he might vote for Mick. I'm not totally sure. I think Monica will vote for Natalie although she could vote for Mick as well. I don't know about Shambo -- she might vote for Mick or RussHell. If RussHell betrays her, then she'll vote for Mick; if not, she votes for RussHell. Jaison will probably vote for Mick -- he doesn't trust RussHell and he's closer to Mick than to Natalie. Brett will probably vote for Natalie.

So in short, RussHell will win one vote for certain but that's the only one I'm sure he'll get. Mick will probably get one vote while Natalie will definitely get two votes and probably a third one. In short, I think Natalie will win although Mick has a shot as well.

BrownEyedGirl1 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-09, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrownEyedGirl1 Click to send private message to BrownEyedGirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
Longtime lurker here...

I have to think that Jaison will vote for Natalie myself, given the big confessional he had about her and how proud of her he is and how much she has grown during her time in Samoa.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-09, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-09 AT 00:34 AM (EST)

Welcome aboard, BrownEyedGirl1! Always a joy to welcome former lurkers here.

Please feel invited to continue posting. We have a weekly vote thread, by the way, hint hint.

Good point about Jaison. Add to that that in the last episode Jaison questioned Russ's decision to vote out John and leave Shambo out of the loop. He was right, by doing that they were treating Shambo as insignificant just as the two factions of Galu had done.

Ultimately, Russell doesn't care about anyone's feelings, he is in game mode alone and all the other players are just game pieces. He might have learned something early on when he lost control of the vote and Foa Foa voted out Ben, he might have learned that people's feelings actually do matter in this game. But Russ will have none of that.

Jaison was the emotionally-motivated player who rallied the Ben boot.

12-09-09, 04:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
I remember the confessional and had been thinking about it, very valid point and glad you're coming out of lurking mode.

I personally think Jaison was saying he was just getting some respect for Natalie. I think he has respected Mick all along. So while that confessional pumps up Natalie for the viewers, I don't really see Jaison giving her the game. I think he might say she played a respectable game, but still she was a real follower.

There's a difference between following and being unconditionally willing to vote however Russell says, and the game Mick and Jaison are playing. They are not totally under Russell's thumb. There's a reason Russell wants to take them out before the finals.

I do think Natalie gets points for how far she came and how strong she emerged from the way she was estimated at the beginning. Mick and Jaison, OTOH, both very smart and athletic, lose points because they should have been alpha males but they didn't impress the Galu. Didn't bring anything to the table, I think Laura said.

Had the Tocantins jury cared about growth, Stephen might have gotten some votes, but they didn't. It might work for Natalie.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-09, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
I almost having a feeling that Natalie could very well be our winner this season.

We have the fact that because of her she got the girls to go against Galu and start the "Pagongin" that has occured. If it wasen't for Nat to start the ball rolling none of the FF would be in the finals.

Granted I also think it is because those who have been played by Russ wont want to give him the win becuase of the method he chose to play.

As for Mick voting for Jaison there are 2 main reasons I can see for it happening.

1. Russ, Nat and Brett allready decided that they are voting for Jaison and that Mick not voting with Russ could threaten his chances at advancing.
2. Russ lets Mick know that Jaison is a bigger Immunity threat (over Nat) and which is why he could go home at final 5. As they both can beat Natt and Brett in the "final" immunity challenge.

Whichever the case is, I fell Mick will vote Jaison out. And thus Jaison gives Natt his final vote and I think giving her the win this season.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-09, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury?"
I'd like to point out something: The jury may not be bitter in voting against Russell. He's presented as a mastermind on TV and the players do see him playing aggressively but they don't necessarily see him as smart. Laura told us that they knew he had the idol because he suddenly stopped looking for it. They were laughing at him for being so obvious. The feeling of some voters is that Russell is creepy and not a very good liar.

Sorry if this has been mentioned by someone else but I feel there must be too much spoiling material used here for me right now.

12-09-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury?"
Good points michel
Re spoiling material, I was relieved that CT created a topic outside the editing thread so that spoilers wouldn't be off limits. This IS a spoiler forum .. except for the editing topic.

We have always debated the merits of TDT's Survivometer rankings on the forum, have we not?

12-09-09, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury?"
>>This IS a
>spoiler forum .. except for
>the editing topic.
>
>We have always debated the merits
>of TDT's Survivometer rankings on
>the forum, have we not?

Yes, I know that we're lucky to have a small corner left mostly spoiler free. And it's not only the editing thread but also all the vidcaps threads which are a must in order to speculate. Even the SOTS writers have avoided direct mention of source spoilers. I have to thread carefully, that's all. It's my problem, not anyone else's.

See, I love to speculate but I hate to know!

12-09-09, 09:05 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury?"
When did the vidcap topics become officially source spoiler free? They didn't used to be. I'm sorry not to be more sympathetic, but it's a pain having to dance around stuff in Spoilers. OK, I can see segregating the boot list, if there is one, but source spoilers have been fair game here since the days of EBT. Sigh.

12-09-09, 09:26 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury?"
??? I never said that the vidcaps were officially source spoiler free but they simply have been.

If I run into a spoiler, that's my problem, I've always known that.
Sorry to be a pain, sheeesh!

12-09-09, 09:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
From CBS's newsletter that I just received:

Poll Cast your vote!

Survivor: "Oh My Word!"
Natalie's famous phrase and surprising strength have captured many fans' hearts! Do you think she deserves to win this season?
Vote Now

Couldn't think of a better topic to include this.

12-09-09, 09:38 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
Ha, that's funny! Have they done a poll for Russell or Shambo or anyone else yet?

P.S. How do you get on the list?

12-10-09, 00:41 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
They haven't done any other poll for winner, just Natalie.
I forget where I signed up for it but somewhere on CBS.com. It's the CBS Reality Shows Newsletter and this is the email address:
newsletters@cbs.online.com

Doesn't have anything on it that's exclusive, just the web promo and links that they're promoting, but this poll caught my eye. Seems to me like they're putting it in our face to get ready to embrace Natalie.

Did you know she had won our hearts with her phrase? Gosh, I barely knew she was on the show until Ep 5 or 6. She was the MIA one on Foa Foa. Oh my word.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-09 AT 07:26 AM (EST)

>Did you know she had won
>our hearts with her phrase?
> Gosh, I barely knew
>she was on the show
>until Ep 5 or 6.
> She was the MIA
>one on Foa Foa.
>Oh my word.

Ahhh I remember watching the opening credits and as they display the Galu tribe I would ask myself, "Who?" after every picture...

OFG Do you know if they have done any polls for any of the losers of the game?

12-10-09, 04:00 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
Philly, I've only gotten about three of these emails, and deleted the first one (boring), but the one before had a poll asking who would win TAR. It's a general reality show newsletter, not dedicated to Survivor although Survivor is prominent. Now that TAR is over, should be center stage.

So this poll about Natalie of all people jumped out at me. Sure she's on our radar because of spoilage and some manipulation of her edit that most wouldn't pick up on, but does she really look like the frontrunner to America at this point? I don't see it.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"

Natalie's famous phrase and surprising strength have captured many fans' hearts! Do you think she deserves to win this season?

This is interesting indeed....wouldn't it be GREAT if there was a tie and AMERICA got to decide? I wonder if RussHell would win then?

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-09 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

It is premature, we have too much game left to really have an informed opinion. However it is fun to try. Thanks CT.

One way to approach this is to assume we know who the final three(?) are, figure out who is leaning which way before the final Q/A, who might present themselves well and who is likely to blow it, and how that will affect the pre-Q/A leaners.

Final three: Nat, Mick, Russell. I am assuming the spoilers are correct.

1. Pre Q/A votes: Russ – 5, Nat – 3, Mick – 1.

Erik – will vote for either Mick or Russell. Probably more for Russell. What we've seen from him brings up doubts that he would be inclined to vote for a woman.

Kelly – I think she will vote for Nat. Or possibly Mick. For some reason I don’t think Russell ever has a chance for her vote.

Laura – Nat also. No way she’ll vote for Russell. Mick she might be persuaded to vote for.

John – Pre Q/A, leaning definitely to Russell, but probably has a somewhat open mind.

Shambles – Russell. Not an open mind, and Q/A unlikely to change her vote. She has only one tenuous claim to a friendship among these people, and that will decide her vote.

Brett- A follower – Pre Q/A probably leaning to Russell. Hormones are whispering in his ear to vote Nat, though.

Monica – Nat. Maybe Mick. I think Russell repels her on an instinctive level.

Dave – Leaning Russell.

Jaison – I think Jaison might be the most undecided. Leaning Mick, but is admires Russell and likes Nat.

2. Tribal Q/A

Russell will not be able to hide his distain of the women (and maybe the men) or his view of himself as a superior player. Basically he will use the interrogation to finally let everyone know what he’s been trying to keep hidden during the game, that he's been playing everyone. He may even be compelled to brag about burning socks, emptying water, letting chickens go, etc. Someone will criticize him and he will be unable to not respond.

Nat. Will try and be friendly, and probably won’t hurt herself in spite of her clumsy answers. Her cuteness extends to her personality, and I think that in spite of her lack of reasoning or debate skills, she will advance her cause in some minds.

Mick. I think Mick will do well. He will handle the possibly hostile crowd as well as possible, and since he (like Nat) won’t have really antagonized anyone during the game, I think he will sway a few votes away from Russell.

Summary – Russell blows it big time, and Nat’s the beneficiary.

3. Post Q/A Votes. Natalie wins! Nat -5, Mick – 2, Russell – 2.

Eric – Not sure here, but I think Russell’s Q/A performance might actually put Eric off, in which he would vote for Mick.

Kelly – Nat is likely to cement her vote during interrogation.

Laura – Nat. She goes with the girls club, because God tells her to. Mick’s performance won’t be enough to get her vote.

John – Mick will win him over. As I rememeber his RTVW interview, his answers pointed to him voting for Russell, but a vote for Mick could also fit.

Shambles –Russell. She will have some contorted rationale for sticking with him. Everyone crossed her at some point, I think she will feel that Russell crossed her the least. Maybe if Russell confesses his part in letting the chickens go, that might change her vote. Or it might not.

Brett – Who does the non-person vote for? I suggest he listens to all the arguments, weighs them carefully, and goes with his hormones – Nat.

Monica – Nat. Girls club.

Dave – Russell loses this vote. So the cute booty factor will sway him. Nat

Jaison – He's used to reasoning out his decisions, and the cuteness factor will affect him less. I think his vote will stay with the person that he was allied with the longest Mick. Russell will lose any chance of getting Jaison's vote when Jaison perceives Russell's bigoted view of his fellow survivors.

But like Emy and some others of you, I'd really like to see a 3-3-3 tie.

And my vote would go to Natalie. The bikinied rat killing and eating enthusiasm won me over. You go, girl!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
Natalie sure looks like the Amanda of Survivor 19 to me. Cute girl, friendly personality, everybody likes her, likely to be perceived as a follower... am I describing Natalie or Amanda? Her challenge will be to convince the jury that she did something in the game besides nod her head every time Russell spoke.

Russell could gain votes for his superior gameplay, but he could lose votes for his large ego coupled with sour grapes from people he voted off. Add in the thoughts from some Galus that all he did was find idols, and you get a polarizing figure. His challenge will be to convince the jury that he should win on the strength of his gameplay-- he outwitted and outlasted everyone-- and that will be difficult given the jury will be stuffed full of resentful Galus. Even though I think he deserves to win, I don't think he will.

Mick has been largely invisible to the viewing audience. Despite wearing the Foa Foa leader necklace early in the game, he was never perceived as a leader by anyone other than Jeff Probst. If he's done anything significant in the game, we haven't seen it. His challenge will be to convince the jury that he isn't just another under-the-radar player, and that he actually participated in the game. Fortunately for Mick, his tribal non-leadership won't be much of a factor since there will be only one Foa Foa jury member: Jaison.

Here's how I see the votes:

Natalie - the Barbie Clique (Laura, Monica, Kelly), Jaison, Dave, Brett

Russell - John, Erik, Shambo

Mick - *whiff*

Final result: Natalie wins 6-3-0.

Feel free to point and laugh.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-10-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-09 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

On EW today, Dalton Ross and Jeff Probst share their thoughts on each of the remaining players' prospects to win. This thread seemed like the best place to post this. Here's the link: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20326010,00.html

I'm only bringing over what Jeff has to say (but you can use the link to get Dalton's take). Jeff's comments about Mick, Nat and Russell are the most fun/interesting...and the order itself is very telling, I think:

Probst's Take on Monica: Monica wins only if she ends up in the final with Foa Foa members. I think Dave and/or Brett would defeat her in the final vote.

Probst's Take on Dave: If he can find a way to make it to the end, he's just wacky enough that he might pull off a completely unexpected win.

Probst's Take on Shambo: Her betrayal of Galu combined with being on the bottom of Foa Foa makes it tough for her to win.

Probst's Take on Brett: Everybody likes Brett. If Brett makes it to the end, he wins. Period.

Probst's Take on Jaison: If Jaison makes it to the end, he's capable of a very compelling argument as to why he deserves the million. (Squid's editorial comment -- as someone else has mentioned earlier, this is probably why Russell favors taking Mick over Jaison to the F3)

Probst's Take on Mick: To win he'll need to face the jury, pull a mask off his face, and say ''I was playing y'all!'' (Squid editorial comment...HILARIOUS! Of course Jeff's always jealous of the smart professional young studs like Marcus)

Probst's Take on Russell: He could easily make it to finals, but can he get the jury vote? It's either a slam dunk or a shutout. (Editorial comment: very interesting...this will definitely start up the shutout rumors again...will be interesting to see how Missyae reacts.)

Probst's Take on Natalie: She's played a very quiet but effective game. But if she makes it to the end, she will have to work hard to convince the jury that she deserves the money.

ETA: In re-reading the article this morning, I realized that the order was determined by EW/Dalton Ross (not Jeff), so can't read anything into it beyond that. Dalton handicaps their chances of winning and lists them accordingly. So acc. to Dalton, the odds are:

Brett: 15 to 1
Jaison: 10 to 1
Mick: 8 to 1
Russell: 6 to 1
Natalie: 3 to 1

12-10-09, 07:15 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
Oh thank you Squid!
How interesting that he names the ones we think are F3 last. OK, so he gets away with it by doing Galu and then Foa Foa, but still.
Surely he doesn't do it entirely in the right order ... (I think Dave is before Monica, but same episode).

awesome analyses, kingfish and Max ...

12-11-09, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
P.S. In addition to Jeff's comments, I also meant to bring over this 1 quote from Dalton Ross's assessment:

NATALIE
Why She'll Win:
"She is the Amber to Russell's Boston Rob - the nicer, prettier, more easily digestible option for vindictive jury members."

I've been getting the Boston Rob/Amber vibe (without the romance) all season. If Natalie wins, I think this quote pretty much sums it all up.

12-14-09, 05:13 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
VG has put a lovely graphic up of the whole Dalton Ross spread.
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S19E13/S19E13_EW_Finale_Odds

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-14-09, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
Lok t the order these are in. Do you think it signals who is going out in order? Shambo and Brett next, followed by Jaison? And does this mean that Natalie wins with her being in the top left corner? Or are these all throw-offs? Hmm...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-09, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
It's pretty clear this isn't the order because Dave left before Monica in last week's episode. It's based on "betting odds" if you can call it that.

12-14-09, 07:30 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
yep, it's hard not to notice that. But they are ranked by his "odds" and the Foa Foa are all top row and Galu bottom row. No, I don't this is the boot order. For the ranking of the top three by his odds, I would say Dalton is not going unspoiled.

12-14-09, 09:11 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
Speaking of the odds, Missyae posted some real ones over at Sucks -- they must be reading the spoilers too.

There once was a very wise man around these boards who always said - Follow The Money -

BetED Sportsbook has your ticket to the island action by providing entertainment betting odds which feature lines on who you think will win Survivor Samoa.

Shannon Waters +375

Jaison Robinson +175

Brett Clouser +375

Russell Hantz +150

Mick Trimming +125

Natalie White -115

12-14-09, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
Squid, thanks for posting this. Not being a gambler I have no clue how to assess these numbers, but if we put them in order by numerical value it goes:

Natalie White -115
Mick Trimming +125
Russell Hantz +150
Jaison Robinson +175
Shannon Waters +375
Brett Clouser +375

Or, basically, the projected final three are at the top, the projected next three boots are at the bottom.

Personally, I wouldn't put Brett and Shambo in a tie at this point. Brett needs to win every upcoming Immunity Challenge from here on out in order to make it to final, tough but not impossible, but it is his chance to win. Shambo hasn't had much of a prayer of winning since long before the merge..

12-15-09, 01:39 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
dabo, from what I know of betting, which is limited to racetracks, the odds don't reflect an analysis of chances by the bookmaker. The odds reflect how much money has been bet so far.

This tells us that a lot of people are betting on Natalie, or if not a lot of people, some people are betting serious money. Anyhow, money.

The payoff is great if Shambo or Breett win because few people have bet that it will happen.

The people betting Jaison almost as much as Russell either put the money down early or they don't read TDT or any spoilers.

Also there is money that gets bet early on that factors in.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-09, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
I think what those numbers mean is in relationship to $100 bets...... except for Natalie, due to it being a - bet......

For Natalie, it'll take a $115 bet to win $100....

For the rest, for a $100 bet, that is what you'll get back......

12-15-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
Thanks for explaining everyone, since I don't gamble.

I vaguely recall that one year there was a big betting scandal around Survivor odds.....wasn't it a production member/insider who tipped the betting ring off or something like that?

12-15-09, 04:36 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Jeff's comments on the remaining finalists (from EW)"
People associated with production made major bets on the player that was the winner, is what I remember. The more money bet on a player, the payout or odds diminishes, so it is very noticeable when a bunch of money gets put down.

Some betting works such that whatever odds or payoff are offered at the time you bet, then you collect on that. Or the payoff stays the same, but it costs you more to place the bet as the popularity of the bet goes up. So the people in the know can bet early when other people aren't on to the likelihood of the winner, and the people who jump on the bandwagon late find it's not even worth it. Case in point, Natalie.

I don't gamble, but my dad's family loved the ponies, and I spent time at racetracks every summer when I was a kid, like from the time I was five.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-15-09, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS ARTICLE..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-09 AT 06:39 PM (EST)

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/survivor-samoa-the-seasons-most-memorable-moments--859

Over the past several seasons, "Survivor" has gotten a bit ho-hum. Sure there's always one or two interesting contestants and a decent blindside here or there, but nothing that really has had us on the edge of our seats. So when CBS promised that Russell would be a crazy villain, we were quite skeptical. But though he hasn't been quite the dark force of nature that we were hoping for, he made plenty of genuinely impressive movies in the game. And he's not the only thing that made Samoa truly enjoyable.

And We All Learned A Valuable Lesson About Proper Hydration That Day
Misguided Russell S. thought that the whole being-elected-leader-of-his-tribe thing meant that he had to stoically forgo drinking, exhaust himself building a fire, and then compete when he could have sat out. All of which lead to him collapsing during the middle of an immunity challenge and nearly dying trying to do some stupid maze.

Let My Chicken Go
Shambo is such a unique spirit. In the span of a few days she managed to lose fishing gear (though she swore she was an expert) and accidentally free one of the few chickens that the Galu tribe had been rewarded — after she had insisted she could take care of them. Way to be, Shambo. Way. To. Be.

We Really Don't Want to Play Hide and Seek With Lil' Russell
Anyone who has watched this show in recent years would be smart enough to know that if there isn't an exile island, then chances are there's an immunity idol hidden somewhere around the camp. Yet Lil' Russell was the only person who even thought to go looking for it before its existence was officially announced? And sure enough, he found it, hidden up a tree, without a single clue to help his quest.

Seriously, No Hide and Seek or Capture the Flag
Since Lil' Russell's tribemates weren't smart enough to realize that he needed to be watched at all times, they merrily ignored the fact that immediately after he played his first idol, he was wandering around camp looking for another one.

This Is Just Getting Ridiculous Now
Lil' Russell found his third immunity idol with an actual clue to the whereabouts, and with Dave Ball hot on his heels. But how did Dave look where it was hidden and not find it himself? And how did Lil' Russell manage to outrun Dave, considering that Dave is like twice his size?

Blinded By Confidence
There were some great blindsides this season and what made them such deliciously entertaining television is that the people actually playing the game were totally clueless. Take John, for instance, who cockily told Jeff that the two people who had a chance of going home expected it — those two people being Mick and Dave Ball. So it was an extra sweet moment when they each only got one vote and John got the remainder, knocking him down a peg and out of the game.

We Can't Repeat This Enough: Watch The Show Before You Sign Up
Erik, who was one of the stronger Galu members, made the rookie mistake of thinking that if your tribe had the numbers going into the merge you could easily pick off the members of the smaller tribe. He was wrong. And he looked gobsmacked when he was the one eliminated — when all the while he had a hidden immunity idol in his pocket and didn't even consider playing it.

Flip-Flopping Is Far Better Than Picking a Rock
When the Galu and Foa Foa contingents couldn't decide who to kick out, Laura or Natalie, they garnered an equal amount of votes. During the tiebreaker round, John decided to change factions and voted against his former alliance mate Laura. When the option is that after a second stalemate the remaining contestants have to pick a rock to determine who gets evicted, it seemed like John made the right decision.

Jaison Is Mad As Hell and Just Can't Take It Any More
We were so proud of Jaison when he told his tribe, during Tribal Council, that a million dollars wasn't worth sitting next to Ben for, due to his racist comments and his unwillingness to apologize for them. Occasionally, it's refreshing to see someone value integrity and moral values over money.

One of Those Idols Actually Pays Off
Not only did Galu make the mistake of not keeping an eye on Lil' Russell, they thought there was no way he could have uncovered his second immunity idol without a clue. The look on Laura's face when Russell pulled the idol from his shorts was priceless.

12-15-09, 10:48 PM (EST)
43. "RE: MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS ARTICLE..."
Thanks, Mike, for bringing this over.

Jaison Is Mad As Hell and Just Can't Take It Any More

I couldn't stop laughing at that one.

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS ARTICLE..."
"Over the past several seasons, 'Survivor' has gotten a bit ho-hum"

I don't agree. Gabon sucked, but the last two seasons had reverse-pagongs, which is new. And although it is a double-edged sword, the domination of Loud Personalities has given us the most entertaining character in a number of years: Russell. Unfortunately, it's also given us Coach and Shambo.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Survivor Samoa: A Bitter Jury"
If the final votes were made after the show had aired, Russ would surely be toast, if he isn't anyway.

Appropriately, the only people not affected by the editing are the final voters. And of course, the production/editing crew.

12-16-09, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-09 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/e14/jury.htm

"As has been spoiled by SurvivorsUnite and missyae, the final three appear to be Natalie, Russell H. and Mick. We have also heard that Brett and Jaison are fourth and fifth, respectively."

I am becoming antsy the closer we get to Finale Night. TDT is giving:

1. Natalie these votes:
a. Brett
b. Monica
c. Laura
d. Kelly

2. Russ these votes:
a. John
b. Shammy
c. Dave (pure guess on my part - TDT doesn't predict Dave)

3. Mick these votes:
a. Erik
b. Jaison

Projected totals: Natalie - 4?, Mick - 2?, Russell - 2 or 3?
Projected winner: Natalie

Congratulations, Nat! And, THANK YOU for being a dumb ##### blonde who kicks RussHELL to the curb. I love it!!!

12-16-09, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
Actually, TDT is giving Jaison's vote to Mick and John's vote to RussHell. But I would also think that RussHell would get Dave's vote as well as that of Shambo and John even if TDT didn't say that Dave would vote for RussHell. However, it's not enough -- Natalie has the votes of Brett, Kelly, Laura and Monica and that's enough for the win.

12-16-09, 05:57 PM (EST)
48. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
My bad! I fixed it.

It's interesting that Nat has been keeping a low profile and hasn't returned to work yet.

Let's hear it for the blonde girls

12-16-09, 07:52 PM (EST)
49. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
Yeah. It might mean nothing, but it could also mean that she's won it all like I suspect she did.

fanfromtexas 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fanfromtexas Click to send private message to fanfromtexas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-09 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

Nat hasn't returned to work because she had to quit her job as a Pharm rep before she left for the filming last summer.

I have a family member who is great friends with her (and her boyfriend Justin), and they have watching parties each week. they are all getting pretty excited for the next 4 days

A little inside info for y'all.....Nat & Justin originally applied for Amazing Race, and made it all the way to the final audition in L.A. Tthey were alternates for the season that aired last year. The big wigs then called Nat last spring and asked if she was interested in trying out for Survivor. She was a huge fan of the show, so she and Justin watched all the seasons in advance to get ready, and she went for it....good thing huh?!?

She received tons of text messages from Ashley right when they returned from Samoa, but was afraid to return any of them because she wasn't sure what would happen if she gave away too much information before the show started airing.

also, Nat lost a ton of weight (which can be seen now), and wouldn't let many peopl see her for the first few weeks back in Arkansas. She was sick, and couldn't keep any food down for the first week or so.

GO NAT!!!!!

12-17-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
52. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
Oh! Tasty tidbits from a first-time poster! Welcome! Many of us think Nat is the whole package

Thanks so much for the info.

fanfromtexas 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fanfromtexas Click to send private message to fanfromtexas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
thanks!! long time lurker, but finally decided to post. Been a fan of Survivor for so long, and it was great to finally be able to watch a season and actually know someone on the cast.

Oh, and I made a slight mistake in my above post. Nat WAS NOT a huge fan of the show, but watched all the previous seasons to get ready.

And when asked if she'd would do it again, her answer like many others, was a DEFINITE NO, although she had a great time and wouldn't trade it for anything (and probably wouldn't trade any of the $$$ either!!).

12-17-09, 01:08 PM (EST)
54. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
Welcome, Texas Fan! Interesting how many players come to Survivor via Amazing Race. I have a feeling Amazing Race might be actively recruiting Natalie and Justin after this weekend.

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
"1. Natalie these votes:
a. Brett
b. Monica
c. Laura
d. Kelly

2. Russ these votes:
a. John
b. Shammy
c. Dave (pure guess on my part - TDT doesn't predict Dave)

3. Mick these votes:
a. Erik
b. Jaison"

This actually sounds pretty right to me. Brett going along with the Galu ladies, who we can all be pretty sure will vote for Nat, seems likely. We know Shambo is in Russ' pocket and that John respects bold (and correct) strategy. I only wonder why Jaison and Erik more or less throw away their votes, since it seems obvious that the real choice is between the "nice" girl and the "evil" guy. I realize Jaison and Mick were tight. i don't know what Erik is basing his vote on.

"Congratulations, Nat! And, THANK YOU for being a dumb ##### blonde who kicks RussHELL to the curb. I love it!!!"

To be fair to Russell, his "dumb girl alliance" strategy was a long, long time ago. But his choice of keeping Natalie, out of them all, was very wise. And if he ends up losing to her, at least she helped him get to the end. When we speak of Russell in the future, we won't say, as he'd like us to say, that he's the greatest player ever. We'll say he was good at everything besides the endgame.

I have a feeling that given his personality, he was never going to be able to build enough of the right kind of relationships or speak eloquently enough to the jury to get many votes outside the "you're evil but capable" vote. I guess what I'm saying is that it's not terribly embarrassing to lose to an ally, even a "dumb" one. In the very least, it shows you're good at picking allies.

12-17-09, 03:41 PM (EST)
55. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
Where are people seeing that TDT predicts John's vote will go to Russell? On this page he predicts John will vote for Mick. And he has Dave voting for Natalie. He has only Shambo voting for Russell.

(I do like the idea that Shambo will be the only person who votes for whoever-Shambo-votes-for, as a continuance of what happened at practically every TC).

12-17-09, 09:50 PM (EST)
56. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-09 AT 09:51 PM (EST)

Because when I last saw it, TDT had put John & Dave as votes for RussHell! I didn't know that TDT had changed and had put them down as votes for the other two! Now I do -- because I checked it out after seeing your post and sure enough, TDT predicted that John would vote for Mick and Dave would vote for Natalie with only Shambo voting for RussHell. But I didn't know then.

12-18-09, 02:55 PM (EST)
57. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
I wonder why he changed it. I would guess John and Dave are likely to vote for Russell. Why on earth would Dave vote for Natalie?

Unless Russell seriously alienates even his logical supporters at the last TC.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-09, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
Unless Russell seriously alienates even his logical supporters at the last TC.

That thought actually occurred to me, that Russell says "Screw you people. Give the million to Natalie. She needs it more than I do. You and I both know that I played better than anyone here anyway, and you're just too bitter to own up to it. Monica already said she's going to poison the jury against me, so nothing I say will change that. Go ahead give the money to someone that can use it, and I'll go off and be on All-Stars and win that one instead."

12-18-09, 05:11 PM (EST)
59. "RE: TDT VOTING PREDICTIONS: NAT 4, MICK 2, RUSS 2"
If TDT is right and Dave votes for Natalie while John votes for Mick, that would be my guess. Since RussHell can't control his ego, I suspect he takes one last opportunity to gloat over what happened to Galu, thus alienating Dave & John.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •