The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Speical Reports!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SusieQ1231 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SusieQ1231 Click to send private message to SusieQ1231 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Speical Reports!!!!"
Is anybody else in the New York area REALLY REALLY angry with all of the special reports they keep airing during SO? Why don't they air them at a different time? I don't think we saw one complete episode this week. GRRRR!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! faithnj 12-16-05 1
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! EnfanTerrible 12-16-05 2
   RE: Speical Reports!!!! ElenaNY 12-16-05 3
       RE: Speical Reports!!!! CLoftus 12-16-05 4
           RE: Speical Reports!!!! SusieQ1231 12-16-05 5
               RE: Speical Reports!!!! cjarman 12-16-05 6
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! Beachin 12-17-05 7
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! Tiny_Star 12-17-05 8
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! lydia 12-17-05 9
 Simple explanation Cygnus X1 12-17-05 10
   RE: Simple explanation bookwomanblue 12-18-05 11
   RE: Simple explanation EnfanTerrible 12-19-05 14
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! Cindee 12-18-05 12
   RE: Speical Reports!!!! ElenaNY 12-19-05 13
       RE: Speical Reports!!!! bookwomanblue 12-19-05 15
           RE: Speical Reports!!!! ElenaNY 12-20-05 19
 Similar thread Cygnus X1 12-20-05 16
   RE: Similar thread EnfanTerrible 12-20-05 17
 SO ratings and pre-emption Cygnus X1 12-20-05 18
   RE: SO ratings and pre-emption bookwomanblue 12-20-05 20
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! Canace 12-20-05 21
   RE: Speical Reports!!!! Cygnus X1 12-20-05 22
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! irishgirl37 12-20-05 23
   RE: Speical Reports!!!! linair 12-20-05 25
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! linair 12-20-05 24
   RE: Speical Reports!!!! EnfanTerrible 12-20-05 26
       RE: Speical Reports!!!! realtvwhore 12-20-05 27
           RE: Speical Reports!!!! EnfanTerrible 12-21-05 28
               It's in there, hon. Cygnus X1 12-22-05 29
                   RE: It's in there, hon. EnfanTerrible 12-22-05 30
 RE: Speical Reports!!!! kaf0220 12-22-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

faithnj 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail faithnj Click to send private message to faithnj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
I am so in agreement with you!!! I can't believe how often they pre-empt SO with these stupid special reports! I mean really-- at least twice they interupted SO for weather news. Damn it. If you're at home watching SO, you can look outside your friggin' house and figure out what the weather is! Then today, they interupt SO for news about the transit strike that was really only of interest to those who worked for the MTA. I mean, did I really need to know that the MTA workers were going to get to keep their healthcare??? And obviously the transit strike is not on my mind if I'm watching SO, as clearly-- I'm not going anywhere for the next hour or so. Then, they've interupted SO numerous times to tell us what the President has to say about Iraq. Uhhhh....I can listen to that on the nightly news if I care. I'm just about ready to write to NBC and complain. I get SO on the a Philly station and on a NY station, and if the Philly station wants to give you news, during SO, split the screen and give you the news in captions while you can watch SO as usual. Why they don't do the same in NY is beyond me. Or better yet-- consider their 12 o clock audience as one that is not more concerned about George Bush's lies and back pedeling than what lessons the SO ladies have to learn about life on any given day.

Faithnj

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-16-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
Do the powers-that-be really think our demographic can't wait til 5 PM to hear who the latest Supreme Court nominee is?

I have to believe it's a marketing thing. I can just about guarantee you the management of that station has fed the local ad clients some bill of goods, or that there is an agreement with the network to air all bulletins, even when they aren't even news, based on something someone said to an advertiser.

I could see it if it was something that couldn't wait for the 5PM news or if there wasn't a dozen all-news stations already harping on it.

Our station has a habit of pre-empting for Red Sox or Patriots parades. Honestly, anyone in Portland, Maine who isn't already at the parade, is working a 9-to-5 shift and can't watch TV anyway. But I'm sure, based on my radio experience, that the TV station has told the sponsors that thousands of people in the Portland viewing area will be watching the sports parade at 3 PM on a weekday.

ElenaNY 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElenaNY Click to send private message to ElenaNY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-05 AT 07:24 PM (EST)

I am getting so angry with them I almost threw my remote control at the TV today. I should actually try out for S/O for anger management! There are so many news stations and so many different times they can interrupt other shows like Martha Stewart or Days of OUr Lives, but no they have to pick Starting Over the only show that I do not want to miss and look forward to watching every day. I don't mean to sound selfish and I could understand if it was a real emrgency but the MTA strikes can wait or people can turn on their radios or go online to find out about updated info. It it was not about the strikes it was about the weather! Arrrggh! I so had to vent lol!

CLoftus 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CLoftus Click to send private message to CLoftus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
when it was on at 11am they interupted it all the time. not it is on at 3pm and they never interupt it!
i hate the time since my son gets off the bus at 3:20 but at least they don't interupt it. do they play it in the middle of the night also? i used to tape the 3:30 am show if they interupted it in the 11am slot

SusieQ1231 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SusieQ1231 Click to send private message to SusieQ1231 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
They air it again? I never knew that...I'll have to check my listings to see if I can catch it at a time when they'll play the whole thing. Today was just the last straw and I couldn't keep quiet anymore. They interupted TWICE about the SAME thing (that could wait)!!!! If it were at least for something really urgent then I would understand. The only good thing is that I tape the show, since I'm at work, and I can just fast forward through the report.

cjarman 8 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjarman Click to send private message to cjarman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
they air it here in kansas city at 10am and 2pm, but i bought a tv radio to listen at work or in the car. never miss it.

Beachin 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Beachin Click to send private message to Beachin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
You took the words right out of my mouth, SusieQ!! I'm in NYC too and I've been cursing at my tv all week -- actualy since the beginning of the season. Did you notice how ironic it was that New York City never got to see the episode in which Jessica really got into talking about her 9-11 post traumatic stress and how to deal with it. That day the show was pre-empted here for a charity special. The audience that most needed to see that show did not get to.

I sent 2 e-mails to the local NBC news over the past 2 days saying "Get SO back on -- and stop interrupting it every day!!"

I had to laugh today though because there I am screaming and freaking out at my tv today and then they finally cut back to the show and there is Rhonda talking about ANXIETY!!

Tiny_Star 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiny_Star Click to send private message to Tiny_Star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
I'm guessing this is a NY City thing? Cause I live in NY too, but on the west - and I don't recall SO ever being interrupted (yet anyway). I can understand an interruption for weather, or something serious happening - but that's it. I hate interruptions of any other kind... By the way - I watch Martha & Days - so I wouldn't want them interrupted either.

lydia 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lydia Click to send private message to lydia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
>Is anybody else in the New
>York area REALLY REALLY angry
>with all of the special
>reports they keep airing during
>SO? Why don't they
>air them at a different
>time? I don't think
>we saw one complete episode
>this week. GRRRR!!

I think something's up. For three days last week Starting Over was listed in our guide on the TV, and infomercials were played. The show has been so bad this season I think it was taken off the airwaves where I live.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Simple explanation"
Unlike with radio, where news departments are a drag on profits (any arguments, ET? I speak from experience), TV news departments are a local station's prime -- if not only -- money-maker. Also, they've been roped into the 24/7 news cycle, so covering more local things like the imminent transit strike (for one) give them added value over the CNNs and FOXes of the world.

I hate to be the one to say your complaints will be regarded purely as acceptable collateral damage.

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-18-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Simple explanation"
In NYC, the NBC affiliate is up against a news show at 12 on ABC. That is one of the reasons I think NBC keeps doing news updates at noon. I wrote to them a couple of times last week too. It is so annoying! I wish they'd just go ahead and schedule a local news show and put SO on at another time. Or at least show it over during the night so we could record it if we missed half of it due to their updates. I used to get it out of Chicago too on our cable system, but now they've taken WGN off of our cable lineup. So frustrating!!

12-19-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Simple explanation"
>Unlike with radio, where news departments
>are a drag on profits
>(any arguments, ET? I
>speak from experience), TV news
>departments are a local station's
>prime -- if not only
>-- money-maker. Also, they've
>been roped into the 24/7
>news cycle, so covering more
>local things like the imminent
>transit strike (for one) give
>them added value over the
>CNNs and FOXes of the
>world.
>
>I hate to be the one
>to say your complaints will
>be regarded purely as acceptable
>collateral damage.
>
I don't disagree. I just like to complain about it.

Cindee 22 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cindee Click to send private message to Cindee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
I get the same interruptions in New Jersey. It is so annoying! Especially that transit strike thing, they didn't even have any information but they waste so much time talking about what they're GOING to talk about on the evening news. Also, the weather stuff really aggravates me. We get 2 inches of snow, or ice and rain, so what we've seen it before. Not like it's a blizzard or something! They have to *interview* people on the street and show pictures of people going to Home Depot to buy salt and shovels! Ridiculous!

I watch several soap operas, and they're always interrupting them too! Why don't they cut into all the trashy *sex* shows on prime time for a change?

12-19-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElenaNY Click to send private message to ElenaNY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
It looks like that S/O may not even be on today. I was surfing through and I saw some conference on NBC with the president and now they are showing the MTA update. I am recording S/O and will be pissed if I try and watch it later and its taken over by news again.

I think they should move it to TLC or something lol.

12-19-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
Just so you know, Elena......they finished up before SO started. It's 12:11 right now and so far, so good!

12-20-05, 05:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
Thanks bookwoman! I was quite impressed. lol!

12-20-05, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Similar thread"
about POTUS interrupting The Price is Right, over in Off Topic.

Accompanied by the usual amount of political banter and snarque.

12-20-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Similar thread"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-05 AT 00:32 AM (EST)

Live press conference, kinda hafta do those. But most of the interruptions we're talking about are just teasers for that night's newscast. Like you posted earlier Cyggie, the tv cash cow.

12-20-05, 00:50 AM (EST)
18. "SO ratings and pre-emption"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-05 AT 01:11 AM (EST)

Interesting post and development in this thread about how SO is being pre-empted because it's apparently the lowest-rated show in the market.

Local TV station ratings numbers for syndicated shows like SO are usually not easy to come by, but my guess is that its ratings aren't (ET say: may not be) all that great elsewhere.

OTOH, an LA Times article cited by Rhonda's site claims that

{Bunim-Murray's} theory about what was lacking in daytime TV has been borne out by the show's year-over-year ratings increases. Last season, in the brutal syndication market, it drew an average of 1.4 million viewers each day, nearly half of them women 18 to 49 - the most sought-after daytime demographic.

ETA: And apparently this is not just hype. Broadcasting and Cable reports that for the week ending November 27, season-high ratings were acheived for

NBC Universal’s Maury (a four-day average of 3.1, up 11% for the week and 3% for the year), Telepictures’ Ellen (2.6, matching her best score ever, an increase of 8% for the week and 18% for the year), Paramount’s Montel (2.3, climbing 10% over the four-day average for the week but down 4% for the year) and NBCU’s Starting Over (a four-day 1.2, up 20% from last week and flat year-to-year).

But before you start celebrating too much, national ratings for syndicated shows are fairly meaningless. Local ratings and winning the timeslot are what's important.

NBC/Universal is the syndicator, whereas BMP is the producer.

12-20-05, 07:45 AM (EST)
20. "RE: SO ratings and pre-emption"
Now that the transit strike has started you can be sure we'll be missing parts of the show if not all of it. Cripes......Channel 7 has completely pre-empted Good Morning America so far this morning! Doesn't look like it is going to be a good day.....

Canace 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canace Click to send private message to Canace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
>Is anybody else in the New
>York area REALLY REALLY angry

I am absolutely furious with all the so called special reports!
Now AGAIN today they have cut in to report on the transit strike and the WEATHER?! I've written to them several times and I'm encouraging all who are upset about this to please do the same. There is power in numbers. This is ridiculous! They're actually playing commercials and not a single minute of SO!

As stated before, those who are interested in the transit strike can find out what they want to know on the regularly scheduled news... NOT during SO!

Here is the address for NBC... please take a minute to write to them telling them how you feel about losing SO over and over.
viewerservices@msnbc.com

Hopefully we can make a difference.

Canace

12-20-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
Shouldn't you be writing the local affiliate (WNBC 4) instead? MSNBC won't help you.

SO is syndicated, and it's the decision of the programming and news directors at an individual station to interrupt a show. NBC/Universal is only the syndicator.

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

irishgirl37 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irishgirl37 Click to send private message to irishgirl37 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
GIVE ME A BREAK! I run home at lunch just to waste a few tears or yell at my tv and all i see are reporters from all over the metro area! Yes, i could tape the show, but my soap (all my children) is on another network here in NY!..they should replay "starting over" on lifetime tv or another!

linair 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail linair Click to send private message to linair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
I agree they should replay them. My daughter, that lives in Brooklyn says that they replay them on the NBC West Coast channel at 3:00 but I don't know what channel that is or if I have it, I live in New York. I will be looking this up soon.

linair 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail linair Click to send private message to linair Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
Yes, I am also very upset about these special reports that they decide to give during SO. I wait with anticipation every day to watch SO and have done so since the very first SO began. I tape them and see them again in the morning. These interruptions are really frustrating and I want to tell NBC so!

12-20-05, 07:12 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
These interruptions
>are really frustrating and I
>want to tell NBC so!
>

As posted earlier, tell your local affiliate. NBC can't do anything about it.

realtvwhore 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realtvwhore Click to send private message to realtvwhore Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
I'm frustrated, but I always go to
http://startingover.betaparticle.com/

It's as close as I can get to actually seeing the episode itself!

12-21-05, 09:38 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
Welcome Re-Ho, place your link in the thread that's just for links, and then everyone will be able to find it. Here's the thread, or look in this forum for "compilation" http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=27&forum=DCForumID91&omm=0

12-22-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
29. "It's in there, hon."

All: Bookmark it for future reference.

12-22-05, 06:22 AM (EST)
30. "RE: It's in there, hon."
10-Q Cyggannie

kaf0220 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kaf0220 Click to send private message to kaf0220 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Speical Reports!!!!"
those special reports have been killing me. i missed the final episode before the re-runs. the way everyone is talking i assume that crazy B**** allison was graduating and they left it a cliff hanger. but another special report cut off the one where i assumed we would find out if christina is pregnant. i assume she is not because it has not been mentioned since. if anyone can help me out and get me up to speed i would really appreciate it!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •