The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-06-09, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Transcript, thanks to Survivor Fever:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Dave <talking to Monica, John and Laura>: Russell, Natalie, Mick, Jaison.

Jeff Probst: The old Galu declares open season on Russell.

Kelly <in confessional>: Russell is the most conniving player in the game right now and he needs to go.

Jeff Probst: And now he's out of idols...

Laura: It was the dumbest move, him playing that idol.

Jeff Probst: ...and low on friends...

Jaison: It's gotta be Russell.

Jeff Probst: ...and in need of luck.

Russell <in confessional>: And this is the first time that I'm struggling on what to do.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-06-09 1
   RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... suzzee 11-06-09 2
       RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... michel 11-06-09 3
           RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... vince3 11-06-09 4
               RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... CTgirl 11-06-09 5
   RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-07-09 6
       RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... PepeLePew13 11-07-09 7
           RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... michel 11-07-09 8
               RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... PepeLePew13 11-07-09 10
                   RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... vince3 11-07-09 12
           RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-07-09 9
               RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-07-09 11
   Last minute press photos SquidProQuo 11-12-09 43
       PHOTOS frisky 11-12-09 44
       RE: Last minute press photos emydi 11-12-09 45
 New 5 second promo SquidProQuo 11-08-09 13
   RE: New 5 second promo SquidProQuo 11-08-09 14
 RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-08-09 15
   RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-08-09 16
       RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-08-09 17
           RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-08-09 18
               RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... michel 11-08-09 19
                   RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-09-09 20
                       RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SpotTheDifference 11-09-09 21
                           RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-09-09 22
 New Full Web Promo SquidProQuo 11-09-09 23
   RE: New Full Web Promo SquidProQuo 11-09-09 24
       RE: New Full Web Promo SquidProQuo 11-09-09 25
           RE: New Full Web Promo goldenmike4393 11-09-09 26
 Vidcaps from full web promo SquidProQuo 11-09-09 27
   RE: Vidcaps from full web promo byoffer 11-09-09 28
       RE: Vidcaps from full web promo SquidProQuo 11-09-09 29
           RE: Vidcaps from full web promo SquidProQuo 11-10-09 30
               RE: Vidcaps from full web promo Karchita 11-10-09 31
                   RE: Vidcaps from full web promo Brownroach 11-10-09 32
                       RE: Vidcaps from full web promo vince3 11-10-09 33
                       RE: Vidcaps from full web promo SquidProQuo 11-10-09 34
 RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... frisky 11-11-09 35
   RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-11-09 36
       RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... CTgirl 11-12-09 37
           RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-12-09 39
       RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-12-09 38
           RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... SquidProQuo 11-12-09 40
               RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... frisky 11-12-09 41
                   RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like C... Outfrontgirl 11-12-09 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-06-09, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
I'm only bringing over a few of the vidcaps that seemed most relevant:

So they're hitting us over the head that it's RussHell, but we know it's not. Looks like Jaison (or possibly Monica/Laura) could be the real boot candidate.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-09, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Right now I'm leaning towards Jaison because of his comment about being alright to go as long as Erik went first.

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Russell wins IC and Jaison is voted out? Plausible but how does that make it "One of the most memeorable TCs ever?". It doesn't. In need of luck? Someone gives Russell the immunity necklace or an HII? That would be interesting.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
I doubt it could happen, but what if RussHell pulls the rabbit out of his hat again?

They re-hide at least one of the HIIs. Anybody but RussHell wins the Reward and the clue to it's new location. While the Reward winner(s) are out on their Reward, RussHell goes exploring. He sees something that has had a recent disturbance in the ground or somesuch. He investigates and finds the HII again without a bloody clue..... This time he tells no one, and lets them think that they've got him. He tries to make alliances, but he will make it like it's win the IC or bust for him........ He fails, and tries again to drum up votes, getting some sympathy, but not enough.........

Fast Forward to TC. It's dump on RussHell night, and most think that he's the one going, if not all....... Until he stands up just before Jiffy reveals the votes....... Regardless what everyone else is thinking RussHell (and maybe a few others) end up controlling the vote, sending someone out on a bounce.

Granted, if this was going to happen, especially if RussHell was going to be the one to do it, they'd be screaming it on every promo from here to Thursday........

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
I was wondering if all the Russhell boot talk takes places before the IC and then he wins it. They'd all be back to scrambling around again. I speculated in the press release thread that maybe John over-strategizes this week and the "plan in motion" is to take him out because he's playing too hard. Whatever he wants to do backfires on him. Jiffy did badmouth John in his blog this week.

11-07-09, 00:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
I think there's going to be a lot of fallout (and possibly regrets) from the Erik boot this episode:

-- Based on the Insider Clips and other post-game interviews, John is "terrified" of the Laura/Monica alliance and will still be gunning for them, esp. after they ruined his plans this week.

-- Erik was Shambo's only real ally, so if ever there was a time for her to flip, I'd think it would be now. Shambo already hates Laura and the mean girls, plus she will blame them for the Erik boot. So I can definitely see her signing on again to side with FF and vote out Laura.

-- RussHell has always been concerned with preventing an all-girls aliance, so he is not going to want to vote out another male unless it's absolutely necessary. Plus, he's not going to want to be the 4th or 5th wheel in a Laura/Monica/Natalie alliance. And Laura is clearly #1 on his sh*tlist after the 90%/10% comment.

-- Knowing the mean girls, they'll want to target Shambo this week.

Add that all up, and there is definitely the potential for John + Shambo + FF4 to have a 6 to 5 majority in voting out Laura (or Monica) next episode. With an odd # of people this week, and Galu still outnumbering FF and feeling secure, this is a good time to make a move.

A couple other things I noticed in the vidcaps:

-- Is that John with the FFs around the campfire? (I couldn't recall if that was his bathing suit.) Could be strategizing....could also be that John + FF gets left behind from a reward? (Maybe it's also when they eat the rat - ha.)

-- The night shot of Laura's confessional is most likely immediately after TC, which means it's going to be one of the first confessionals on next week's episode. That doesn't seem to bode well for Laura....and the fact that she's mocking RussHell for playing the Idol when he's the decoy boot (and Probst says it was a smart play) isn't a good sign.

Of course Laura could win immunity and ruin the plans again! If that happens, though, her right-hand person Monica could be the one to go instead. But if an FF has to go, it must be Jaison -- as others have noted, his journey seems to be over, he got a big editing spike last episode, he was the target last week, and he made the comment that he'd be fine to go home as long as Erik goes first.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-09, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""

>-- Is that John with the
>FFs around the campfire? (I
>couldn't recall if that was
>his bathing suit.) Could be
>strategizing....could also be that John
>+ FF gets left behind
>from a reward? (Maybe it's
>also when they eat the rat - ha.)

That's Brett standing with the FFs.

There wouldn't be a group reward in my opinion - with 11 left, there's no even split that could occur (11 is a prime number) unless they did a situation where one person was forced to sit out by unlucky draw (i.e. get exiled).

11-07-09, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Well, they sometimes form teams and hang one player to dry. Remember Denise in China in the "sink the opposing ship" reward. That leaves a majority of angered players in camp to stew about the great reward the others are enjoying.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-09 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

You're very correct this could happen. I question whether they'd do it so soon after a big merge feast - wouldn't it be better to spread out food rewards a bit instead of having it in back to back episodes (a group reward almost always have tons of food involved)?

11-07-09, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Maybe, but remember, we're also two episodes removed from a very scary evacuation which was partially due to the conditions...... and there is always drinks on those Rewards, as well........

11-07-09, 10:14 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-09 AT 11:05 AM (EST)

Thanks Pepe! Wasn't sure if it was John or Brett. Good point about the odd # for the reward.

11-07-09, 01:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-09 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

One other question: So does it appear from the vidcaps that Laura/Monica and Dave/John are calling the shots at Galu now?

I thought it was interesting this past episode that Erik and Laura seemed to be the main ones strategizing and calling the shots with the "flush the idol but really vote out Jaison" plan. (And then John came up with the "pour 4 side votes on Monica" just in case an idol's played backup plan.) Now with Erik gone, it looks like Dave and John are moving into his strategic spot, and a 2 girls/2 guys F4 alliance would make sense.

11-12-09, 06:42 PM (EST)
43. "Last minute press photos"
Hi, I'm late to take my son to soccer so don't have time to bring them over, but here's a link to Mayan Sun at Sucks (thank you):
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/60070/t/S19-Ep-9-Challenge-Grappling.html?page=3

Real quick, a couple things I noticed:

* As we suspected, there is a 2nd puzzle part to the grappling challenge, and it looks like Mick, Shambo and Laura are the 3 finalists. (Still not 100% sure if it's IC or RC?)

* The other challenge is some coconut thing that looks weird. The Sucks people think that it's the RC and there are 2 teams of 5...I didn't have time to analyze if that seems to be correct.

* Natalie must be working the Galu guys -- shots of her on the beach with Dave and I think Brett.

* Hmmm, seems like a lot of focus on John in the photos. And there's a shot of RussHell and Shambo together.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "PHOTOS"
Wow! Generous with the press pics this week!

Grapple is definitely the IC as per the necklaces on Laura and John.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Last minute press photos"
it's the IC they show them walking in and J/L have necklaces

11-08-09, 00:18 AM (EST)
13. "New 5 second promo"
Transcript from the weekend 5-second promo, thanks to Survivor Fever....look out, because RussHell has a whip!

Announcer: Can Russell survive the target on his back?

Don't see Jeff or the Immunity Idol in the challenge shots, so it's hard to tell if this is an IC or RC. I also don't see Mick or Kelly, but maybe they are out of frame.

So it appears that you have to lasso something and drag it back to you. I didn't bring over the entire sequence, but there's a bag or something red in the sand...in the first shot in the sequence, it's out of frame, and then in each frame it moves farther to the left, so someone (Natalie?) seems to be ahead of the others but it's really hard to tell for sure. This does seem like a challenge that RussHell could win.

In the last shots of RussHell in the woods, he's carrying a basket. I wonder if he could be searching for the HII, just in case it was hidden again? Since he didn't need a clue last time, maybe he thinks he can easily find it again? Or maybe he won a clue in the rope challenge???

11-08-09, 00:37 AM (EST)
14. "RE: New 5 second promo"
P.S. I may be mixed up, but wasn't this rope challenge the one that Coach won last year to help keep him in the game? Would be quite a coincidence if the same challenge helps keep this season's egomaniac RussHell in the game.

11-08-09, 09:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Here's the new weekend promo, courtesy of Survivor Fever:

Announcer: Russell has a huge target on his back. Can the master manipulator dodge the bullet?

Jeff Probst <at challenge> : Laura! Russell! It's a race!

Russell <confessional> : It's the first time that I'm struggling.

11-08-09, 09:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Still no sign of whether this is an RC or IC. Now we can see Mick and he is evidently to Dave's right (you can see the sleeve of Dave's black shirt) -- but you can't really see him in the previous promo when they're all in a line.

So it appears that Laura is the one with the red bags who is ahead, and based on Jeff's voiceover, it sounds like she and RussHell are batting for the win.

I wasn't surprised last time when Laura won over the rest of the girls, but it would be quite impressive if she pulls this off over all the guys too. My money is still on RussHell, though.

11-08-09, 09:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
It appears that the lineup is as follows (starting at the end farthest away):

- Shambo
- John
- Dave
- Mick
- Brett
- RussHell
- Monica
- Natalie
- Laura
- Jaison

Kelly must be squeezed in there somewhere near the end by Dave/ John/Shambo and we just can't see her because of the camera angle. SF doesn't have the video clip up yet -- perhaps we'll be able to tell for sure once we see the actual video.

Also, each person has a color (e.g. Laura is red) and it appears it corresponds to the lines on their lane.

11-08-09, 10:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-09 AT 10:15 PM (EST)

I think (but am not 100% sure) that this close-up of the salmon pink colored bag is RussHell's. It's definitely not Laura's because her bag is brighter red. Also note there is a green lane line to our left, and if you check the other caps, Laura has a brownish orange lane line on one side and a red lane line on the other side.

Also, you can see white/grayish gym shoes at the top of the vidcap -- anyone know if those are RussHell's?

Assuming this is RussHell's, it's hard to tell if we should take this cap literally to mean RussHell does indeed win and dodge a bullet, but that's 1 possible interpretation. On the other hand, you could also read it as his bag is still out there on the sand and not at the finish line, so he comes up short and loses.

11-08-09, 11:19 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Nice job on those caps, Squid!

From this:

We see that the green line would be to Monica's right, our left, one lane away from Russell.

11-09-09, 00:31 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Michel, do you remember if Coach won a rope challenge similar to this last season? For some reason I recall a "whip" shot of him similar to the first one of RussHell. I think it would be more than a coincidence if both of CBS's beloved egomaniacs were saved by a similar challenge.

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-09-09, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Yep. Coach won the grappling hook IC. They had to hook three bags; first three go on to final round, where they play that ball-in-maze challenge much like the one where Russell S. went down.

11-09-09, 01:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Thanks Spot -- I thought it looked familiar but I totally forgot about the maze part. From the vidcaps it looks like they don't do the maze part again, plus I guess it would be repetitive anyway. I wonder if there could be a puzzle (maybe the pieces are in the bags) or something else after the hooks?

Whether Laura wins this one or comes in second, I think she's definitely putting a big target on her back as a challenge threat with her back to back performances.

11-09-09, 05:25 PM (EST)
23. "New Full Web Promo"
The full web promo is up, but Survivor Phoenix doesn't have the vidcaps up yet, so here's the link to the video clip:
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

Very interesting that RussHell admits in his confessional that he made a big mistake in the playing the HII and was wrong about doubting the Erik blindside. He sure is becoming humble .

There are more shots of RussHell alone in the trees/wooded area...I really think he is banking on the HII being re-hidden and is searching for it. Could that be the big surprise that makes TC so memorable?

I don't know how to do time stamps, but once these new vidcaps come out, I'd love to see if the confessional shot of RussHell saying he doesn't want to get voted out is before OR after the challenge, since that would tell us whether he wins or loses. Does anyone know how to figure that out? Do the timestamps only apply to press shots?

11-09-09, 05:30 PM (EST)
24. "RE: New Full Web Promo"
Survivor Fever has the vidcaps up, but unfortunately I'm running out the door and don't have time to bring them over now. Here's the transcript for now, courtesy of SF. I'll bring the vidcaps over late tonight if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Transcript:

Announcer: Russell played the immunity idol...

Russell: I didn't even think twice.

Announcer: ...but no one voted to send him home.

Russell <in confessional> : I made a huge mistake.

Announcer: Now the sneakiest player in Survivor history...

Laura <in confessional> : Tonight Russell's going home.

Announcer: ...has a new target on his back.

Laura: We're voting for Russell.

Dave: Russell.

Jaison: Russell.

Monica: Russell.

Kelly: You mean Russell?

John: That's not rocket science.

Announcer: Can the master manipulator dodge the bullet?

Jeff Probst <at challenge> : Laura! Russell! It's a race!

Russell <in confessional> : This is the first time I'm struggling. I don't want to be voted out.

11-09-09, 06:05 PM (EST)
25. "RE: New Full Web Promo"

P.S. Here's an example of him skulking around in the trees...I think he has to be looking for the HII.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-09-09, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: New Full Web Promo"

Thanks for bringing this over! My money is on RussHELL finding ANOTHER HII and him playing it again at TC without disclosing the find to anyone. Someone is gonna get blindsided and it's NOT RussHELL.

11-09-09, 11:35 PM (EST)
27. "Vidcaps from full web promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-09 AT 11:41 PM (EST)

These go with the transcript I posted a few posts above. Thanks to Survivor Fever:

(Didn't bring over the same challenge shots)

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-09, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Vidcaps from full web promo"
looks to me like Russell is looking to see if he can find Erik's HII. They say he is desperate - maybe he figures Erik hid it and didn't bother taking it to TC. Unfortunately for Russell, Erik says (to Dalton) that he took the HII with him out of the game (though the producers took it from him).

Any chance they would re-hide one??

11-09-09, 11:59 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Vidcaps from full web promo"
Yes, that's what I think too (per my posts above) -- RussHell is looking for the HII. And given how lucky he was the first time he found it without a clue, perhaps he'll strike gold again.

He could be trying to find the one that Shambo originally had the clues for (i.e. Erik's). Or he could think that CBS re-hid his. I guess that theoretically both could be re-hidden after the last TC....there is precedent for that, but this season the whole HII has been so unclear.

The other crazy thing that could happen is that RussHell plays a bluff on Galu and says he finds an HII when he really doesn't -- but that's a big risk and is very doubtful.

11-10-09, 00:06 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Vidcaps from full web promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-09 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

A couple other things I noticed -- not sure if they're significant or not:

* Laura's confessional that "Tonight Russell's going home" is bound to be proven wrong. Seems overly cocky on her part, a la Erik. Could she be the next one to be blindsided?

* Is that headband/flower thing in Kelly's hair new? Don't recall that before....could it be from a reward? I guess she could have just found it somewhere on the island.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-10-09, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Vidcaps from full web promo"
It's ginger flower. She could have found it. They are a cultivated flower, but will persist without ongoing cultivation and can spread from gardens.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-09, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Vidcaps from full web promo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-09 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

TDT pointed out that there is a waterfall behind Kelly in that cap -- you can see the bottom of it right behind her head. Either she wins the reward or someone else takes her on it.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

11-10-09, 12:24 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Vidcaps from full web promo"
There is a waterfall of some kind at the Galu camp...... it was shown in Episode 6 after they lost RusSwell in the Reward Challenge and they headed back to camp for the double TC.......

11-10-09, 01:56 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Vidcaps from full web promo"
Thanks, I see the waterfall now.

I wish we'd know for sure if the rope challenge is for Reward or IC. I cannot see Kelly at all in the rope challenge, so part of me wonders if you pull all your bags in early, do you then sit down and wait for the next phase (assuming there is a next phase).

11-11-09, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Okay, bear with me, here. I am going to suggest that someone in the Survivor camp is lying about the fate of Erik's immunity idol. *waits for gasping to stop*

Anyway, remember when Erik found and hid the idol in the wall of the bluff, behind the fallen tree? There was something about the editing of that scene that made me think: someone is going to find Erik's idol.

You can watch the scene here between 4:11 and 4:27 to see what I mean, or just look at the vidcaps I'm posting below because they subtitled practically the whole scene.

Doesn't that scream "Someone is going to find it?"

Now, the cap above of RussHell just misses this by a nanosecond, so I recapped it:

Do you see it?

What do you think? Would they replant it right where Erik left it, given their foreshadowish editing of the Erik scene, and their pimping of this "most memorable tribal council?" RussHell has every reason to believe that the idol is still hidden at Galu, because no Foa Foa was ever given a visit with clues to an idol at Galu, so he would think it's there for the taking.

11-11-09, 11:12 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Awesome catch Frisky!!! As I noted before, I really do think that RussHell is searching for the Idol in that shot -- and we know from Missyae that he didn't realize Erik ever had it, which would be more reason for him to be on the hunt.

Erik said in his post-game interview with Survivor Fans Podcast that it took him less than 10 min. to find the Idol....and we saw how it easy it was for RussHell to find it in the FF tree stump without a clue....so we have no reason to doubt that if they do re-hide it, they'd put it in a relatively easy/obvious spot. (Esp. when they want their star of the season to not get booted.)

Re finding Erik's (vs. a re-hidden one): I thought Erik said in his post-game interviews that he had it with him when he left, but maybe I'm wrong. If Erik never even brought it with him to TC and left it hidden in that spot and RussHell finds it without any clues, that would be even more memorable! (I'll go back and look at the Ponderosa clips of Erik and see if he shows the HII in them.)

Great eye Frisky!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
I agree with Frisky that he sure looks like he's looking for an idol!

Squid, Erik put the idol in his pocket right before he went to tribal in case he needed it(!!). The camera zoomed in on him doing it. I would not be surprised if the II is rehidden. Russell will be looking for it since he thinks nobody on Galu has it (never even realizing that its been found and rehidden).

11-12-09, 00:44 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-09 AT 00:51 AM (EST)

Thanks CTGirl -- I didn't remember the zoom shot of Erik putting the Idol in his pocket right before TC. So my post below is moot, although I still think Erik saying in his Final Words clip that he dares someone to find it without a clue is ironic.

So I guess that confirms it'll have to be re-hidden for RussHell to find it. Interesting, though, that Erik didn't show it in any of his Ponderosa clips or Final Words -- I would have probably been so mad at myself that I would have whipped it at the camera .

11-12-09, 00:36 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Regarding whether Erik left the HII hidden or had it with him at TC when he got voted out:

- I just re-watched both of Erik's Ponderosa clips and his Final Words and Day After clips and nada --no visible sign of the HII. And he didn't have a bag with him. He keeps showing his purple Galu necklace, but nothing on the HII, which seems kinda weird, because I vaguely recall in past seasons people like Jason joking in Ponderosa that they have it as a souvenir to take home. (Side note: they don't confiscate it, right?)

- While he does say in his final words and in several post-game interviews that he doesn't mind "going home with the idol" or "going home with it in my pocket," I suppose that he can be talking about it figuratively vs. literally.

- Hmmm, this is very interesting: Check out Erik's Final Words clip at the 3:00 min. mark -- Erik looks into the camera and says "I dare someone to find it with no clues. Try that": http://video.aol.com/video-detail/survivor-samoa-eriks-final-words/2571575706
I originally blew this comment off thinking he meant he found it without official clues and/or if they re-hide it) but now it seems telling.

- I also went through many of Erik's post-game interviews, and no one asked him point-blank if he brought it with him to TC that night. There is this one interview (see below) which does strongly imply that he had it with him but decided to "keep it in his pocket," but again, he's talking about his state of mind and what might have happened vs. what did happne. If nothing else, I'd say it's not 100% conclusive that he literally had it with him....there's definitely a chance he left it hidden per Frisky's idea.

Reality TV World: At any point during last night's Tribal Council did you think about using the Hidden Immunity Idol?

Erik: Yes, but for a totally different reason than one might think. When Russell pulled his out, there was a lot of speculation that he was kind of -- I don't know exactly where it came from -- but there was this insinuation that somehow Russell and I were parallel, different and opposites, but parallel. I had such little respect for his game at that point, that it bothered me and disgusted me to be thought of as the same type of competitor.

I didn't know all of the crazy moves that he was doing, and had I known I really would have been disgusted. But I knew enough about him and I smelled that crazy on him enough that I didn't respect his gameplay and I really didn't appreciate being put in the same sentence as him.

So when he played his idol, I felt stoked because I knew it was a total flush. But there was part of me -- the bravado, the competitiveness -- that wanted to take the idol out and say, "Oh, you're going to play your idol Russell? Well guess what? I'm going to play mine too. Yeah, that's right. I know you think you're big and bad and tough and smart. But you know what? I've got one too buddy. Not only do I have one, but I don't need one to beat you."

That's what I wanted to say, that was my first impulse. But I was like, "Calm it down, keep it in your pocket, you'll need it down the road." Little did I know that maybe going with my instinct there would have actually kept me in the game because I had no idea my name would be put on the parchment.

11-12-09, 01:09 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
One more thought: If RussHell does indeed find the HII, as we suspect, and needs to use it this episode, it would seem to me he'd use it to boot his arch enemy (Laura) vs. Monica.

Unless, of course, Laura wins immunity. Or perhaps that's the only way he can get John on board.

11-12-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Exactly! This is how I see this episode playing out:

The heat is on RussHell. Laura has her sights set on him and everyone else is thinking a Foa Foa has to go. RussHell, of course, is still focussed on Laura.

As per the great vidcap analysis above, the IC is down to RussHell and Laura. (Well, we think it's the IC.)

Laura wins IC. D'oh! RussHell's plan is thwarted again, for a second time! He is a sure boot.

In desperation, he goes looking for the idol. He knows it's his only shot. He finds the idol just before TC.

Maybe he shares the idol info with his tribemates or maybe not. He could even convince them to vote for him, too, along with all of Galu.

With the majority of votes for RussHell, who plays the idol, RussHell (with or without his alliance) decides who leaves. He chooses Monica, to weaken Laura.

This fits the "most memorable tribal council" and leads us nicely into next week, Laura's "Day of Reckoning," when RussHell finally gets to kick her to the curb.

It's not so much the boot - Monica - that is memorable. It's the tribal council itself, right? This scenario fits, particularly if they show RussHell looking for the idol but don't reveal to the audience whether or not he found it until the moment he plays it (*big shock*). Kind of like they did with that NFL football player/landscaper in Guatemala.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Vidcaps, Ep. 9 - "Tastes Like Chicken""
Hogeboom!

I FINALLY got the SOTS up, so please feel free to contribute your vote for most likely scenario. That's always welcome, but this week I really didn't have anything set in stone.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •