The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-09, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-09 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

Survivor 19: Samoa State of the Spoiling – Episode 7

Welcome to the SOTS where we try to one-up EPMB and his merry band of editors and accurately predict the results of Survivor before it airs... sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not -- but we'll get up from the canvas more often than Rocky just so we can continue to bring you the SOTS!

Rocky? You didn't think I was talking about the one who got blown away by Dreamz in Fiji, did ya? Ah, either Rocky will do - work with me here, folks.

If you are new to these boards, please take a look at our Community Guidelines. You will find them helpful in navigating your way around SurvivorBlows/Reality TV World. Remember the mantra: Read. Read some more. If you're sure it hasn't been covered yet, then you're more than welcome to post a new discussion or idea. Nothing is more maddening than to see a new thread set up asking if a certain thing has or has not been discussed and the poster is "sure it's already been discussed but haven't read it yet" even though there are discussions on the same topic already taking place in several threads.

Last Week's Episode

First, let’s go to the East Coast Spoiler Thread to get a brief play-by-play of the action from last week.

Then we have michel's excellent summary neatly wrapping up last week's episode, complete with videos and photos.

Squid brought over James Barber’s Insider Transcript. This is where we first learn that the Galus might start to be splintering after seeing little of their tribal dynamics throughout the first five weeks of the show.

Jiffy’s blog is here. One nugget that he did mention in there that might have future implications on the game, as pointed out by DearAbby:

If we start with 20, as we did this year, it gives us plenty of wiggle room for quits or medical evacuation, but because we have 4 extra people we have to get rid of them at some point. Thus the “win or lose, you’re voting somebody out” scenario. I am happy to say that we have since figured out a better way to do double eliminations. So should we ever need to vote out two people in one episode it will not be a “win or lose both tribes going to tribal council” scenario.

We also have the RTVW interview with RussWell here as posted by Snidget – not a whole lot of spoilerish material, but it was refreshingly honest and also RussWell did say “watch for Kelly and Brett.” Hmmm.

There’s a good ongoing discussion of how analysis of editing patterns in past episodes could help us to figure out what’s going to happen in the episodes to come in VerucaSalt’s The Players, The Game, The Editing – Survivor Samoa. Always a great read, as usual.

This Week's Episode

The title of this week’s episode is “Houdini Magic”, as brought to us by CTgirl in the Episode 7 Title and Press Release Thread.

Vidcaps! Get ‘em here while they’re still hot! There’s a lot of debate about which camp is it that RussHell and Laura are having their ‘secret alliance’ meeting at ... more on that below.

The press release, from the above CTgirl title thread:

Still reeling from the loss of their chief, Galu struggles to elect a new leader and the men hatch a plan to put a puppet regime in power as a pre-emptive strike against a blossoming female alliance on “Survivor: Samoa”.
During a visit to the opposing tribe, one castaway strikes a secret deal and manages to make some new friends.

Oooo, that’s a toughie. Who could it be? *glances over at vidcaps* ... I know! I know! Could it be Shambo who is named Galu’s new leader?

You can clearly see the leader’s pendant around Shambo’s neck here while she’s standing at full attention while the rest of the tribe behind her are looking very much like Police Academy’s newest recruits.

SquidProQuo chimes in about the “blossoming female alliance” part:
But the "blossoming female alliance" clue does pretty much confirm what I speculated over in the Insider Transcripts thread: Laura is mad that she's losing control over John/Dave/Erik and that they would have booted her ally Monica over Shambo, so the Yoga Alliance is splintered and a girls vs. boys power struggle ensues over a Galu. This could be just the "opening" that RussHell needs to make inroads at Galu and overcome the numbers. Jeesh, didn't any of these Galu folks watch what JT and Stephen did last year???!!

And could it be RussHell and Laura who are the ones making a secret deal? Why, yes... let’s take a look at this vidcap:

Again, we’ll get to the secret deal after we bring in the Reward Challenge discussion here.

Reward Challenge

It’s a game of “Concentration” and the challenge consists of a memory game where contestants must match various items hidden under a pyramid-shaped cover. Not much visual evidence of this challenge, but there is one picture in the vidcaps that is of particular interest in that it not only shows the pyramid-shaped covers, but also it shows who is wearing the leader’s pendant for the Galus: Shambo.

Note the set up of the challenge in the background behind the Galu tribe.

Now. Who wins reward and who goes where? From the vidcaps and the promos everywhere, it’s clear that it can only be one of two people that gets to go to the other camp: RussHell or Laura.

Here’s a good debate on whether it’s RussHell going to Galu or it’s Laura going to Foa Foa. This is what TV Guide had to say:

Galu struggles to choose a leader after Russell's medical departure and Evil Russell from Foa Foa visits Galu and strikes up an alliance with one tribe member.

Yes, TV Guide called him “Evil Russell”.

But is it correct? There are a number of dissenting opinions on this, particularly from TDT. Here’s OFG’s take on who goes where, in support of TDT’s projection:

TDT, as usual, has a sharp eye. From right to left we see Shambo, w/John, Dave, Erik in back, Monica, Kelly, Brett in front.

Talk about body language. John right there in back of Shambo to pull her puppet strings, his boys next to him, Dave with arm on shoulder. Monica, Kelly, Brett shoulder to shoulder, with a nice gap between Monica and Shambo.

They look a little sad for winners, and all but Dave are watching something to their right. Sure it could be that they lose and the they are watching ER come over and not pretending to welcome him, but ... given that Laura is missing from the shot, either she has just departed, and her girls looks sad ... or the evil promo maker cut off the caps to omit her.
But Brett is taller, so more likely he would be in the back row and Laura in front by the girls if Laura were there. Instead he is comforting Kelly. I'm guessing Shambo made an unpopular choice?

The clue does sound more like Russell going, but it works either way, and these writers are sneaky. It makes total sense for Mick to send ER, who would volunteer to give up food when no one else would.

OTOH, for Laura to disappear with ER at Galu would be risky. I agree he could seek her out, although Kelly is more his type, but still, going off to the far end of the beach with the stranger would be suspicious.

Whereas at Foa Foa, there are fewer bodies, and the tribe WANTS ER to work on Laura. They need someone to flip. So of course they will let him go off and work Houdini magic on her without much concern.

I see no reason to disagree with that, so that’s my official pick – Laura goes to Foa Foa, which means that Galu wins reward and Shambo perhaps decide to “get back” at Laura for her catty remarks throughout the show (“There’s FISH in the ocean! Gasp!”) so she sends Laura, much to the dismay of several others in the tribe.

We then see many promos of RussHell and Laura discussing their new alliance and promising to go to the Final 2.

Immunity Challenge

It’s called “Canoe Dueling” where the tribes paddle out to their own canoes and fish for puzzle pieces. Once they collect all of the pieces, they paddle back to shore and use the pieces to solve a puzzle.

Brett, Dave, Erik, Shambo and Kelly are competing for Galu, while Laura, John and Monica are sitting out.

Tribes race out to the canoes

Dueling canoes – tribes fish for puzzle pieces, and we see Kelly and Dave here for Galu

Natalie and Liz fish for Foa Foa

Dave, Kelly and Brett solve for Galu
Jaison, Mick and Liz working on the puzzle portion

It does not appear to be clear who is winning this challenge, so it’s time to figure out who might be the boot choices. Last week, it appeared to be clear that it was a choice between Liz and Natalie over in Foa Foa, with Liz getting more play, while over on Galu it was mostly focused on Monica as the boot choice.

Perhaps this will help – as Squid mentioned over in the press clues thread,
The boot story, at least if FF goes to TC, is also in the Insider Clips. RussHell spells out why he's keeping Natalie over Liz (Liz is too smart).
And we see this picture here inserted in the midst of a series of caps of challenges from the press images released that doesn’t seem to fit with the others. Yes, a shot of Liz in the middle between Mick and RussHell:

A random picture of Foa Foas in camp ... or were they revealing the boot in a subtle manner, while literally screaming out “OFG THEORY!!!!!111!!”?

Since we saw the boot stories being unfolded for both Liz and Monica last week when both tribes still believed they were going to be booting someone after RussWell’s medievac, the editors don’t need to explicitly spell it out again in the previews.

The circumstantial evidence is rapidly becoming clear: The boot choice is Elizabeth “Liz” Kim.

So... whaddya think? Agree or disagree with the Liz prediction? Hop on over to dabo's Time to Vote thread and tell us what you think.

In summary:
Shambo is elected chief of the Galus
Galu wins reward challenge
Laura is sent to Foa Foa
Galu wins immunity challenge
Liz gets the boot

Future Spoilers

Future spoilers? I haven’t seen any, have you? Merge next week, Galus fall, Foo Foo get the last laugh. No sirree, nothing to see, move along.

TDT, in concert with a rumour from Wezzie at Sucks, said that the finale would be on December 20th, not on December 13th, and KoalaChick confirmed it.

Thanks for reading, y’all ... and enjoy the show!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... goldenmike4393 10-28-09 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... emydi 10-28-09 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... CTgirl 10-28-09 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... Max Headroom 10-28-09 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... Outfrontgirl 10-28-09 5
   RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... PepeLePew13 10-28-09 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... Georjanna 10-29-09 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... Flowerpower 10-29-09 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... Scarlett O Hara 10-29-09 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling -- Surviv... suzzee 10-29-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-28-09, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Wonderful! It's a wrap. Hasta la vista, Lizzy.

Thank you, Pepe.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Nice SOTS pepe thanks you're a pro!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Excellent job as always Pepe. Thanks!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Great summary, Pepe. I haven't been paying much attention to spoilers lately, and this covered everything very well.

agman's helping me survive

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Woohoo, Pepe!
Fantastic job of putting the whole episode in sequence. Better than the show because it's ER confessional free/1

All I have to add for emphasis is that Press Photo of Liz, is the only camp shot in the press photos, and it has a time stamp of two hours post IC. We all know where the cameras go after the IC - loser's camp.

Granted, by this time the photographer may go to Foa Foa on autopilot. Same as we do when we think about who to vote for.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-09, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
OFG -- the SOTS is free of something else as well.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-29-09, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-09 AT 06:58 AM (EST)

Pepe,

Thank you for your creatively-crafted and very informative SOTS!

Re: RussWell did say “watch for Kelly and Brett.” Hmmm.

I think that that could well turn out to be sound advice.

PS:

May I send a belated 'Thank You' to Kircon for her excellent Episode 6 SOTS? I very much appreciate her double (or is it now triple?) duty to this landmark thread this Season. And to answer her question: Yes! They are all most certainly read! ...

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-09, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Ahhhhh, Pepe! Another stellar SOTS from our ole pro! You leave no stone unturned and as always, I'm on board 100%! Thanks for all of the hard work you do for Blows!

Flo Po

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-29-09, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Thanks for the entertaining SOTS Pepe with every thing we need to know for the week! Nothing in there but TREATS!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-09, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling -- Survivor Samoa, Episode 7"
Pepe it's always a treat to read a SOTS (or anything else) of yours my witch hat is off to you for this one.

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •