The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-23-09, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-09 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

Thanks to James Barber of Survivor Sucks:

Chicken Speak

Shambo consoles and befriends the only chicken left at the Galu camp

"It's OK. Shanny's sorry, honeys. I almost came and got you guys to cuddle in my house with me last night to keep each other warm. Yeah. You guys are the nicest thing in this whole camp. Yeah. Bwok bwok bwok bwok. (cut to chicken, staring impassively) That's chicken for I love you and I care and I'm mad and sad and feeling bad that you don't have nice, soft, fluffy hay. I know. You guys are gonna be OK. The sun's gonna come out today, and we'll get your hay out of there, and we'll get it hung up and dried for ya. O. You got water and you got a little bit of coconut. You're gonna be OK until I get back. Alright. You guys hang in there and I'm gonna do the same. We gotta try to make sure you guys lay some eggs so Dave doesn't eat you. (chick begins to bwok, and turns away) OK, I'll talk to you later."

Exiling Shambo

Russell insists that his tribemates support his decision to send Shambo yet again over to the Foa Foa camp, assuming that he gets the chance to do so after the challenge

Russell: Because you know, I'm gonna get a lot of crap when I say the name everybody's expecting me to say. If you don't have my back, it's gonna be hard, it's gonna be hard to do.

(mutters of agreement)

Erik: Is he saying he's gonna send Shambo to that camp again? (Russell nods) That kinda sucks. I understand, but...

Monica: It sucks, but who else would go?

Erik: The point is she's a human being. She's 45 years old...

John: We're weakening our tribe sending her, sometimes when we need her.

Laura: She's not the strongest.

Erik: I don't think we need her for anything.

John: I'm just saying...

Laura: What challenge has she been physically strong in?

Erik: Only the pedestal.

John: I'm just saying she's strong. I'm not saying she's strong in challenges...

Laura: Why do you say that?

John: She's strong, she's physically strong. That's all I'm saying.

Laura: Have you seen it?

John: I'm not trying to validate the statement by saying she's proven herself, I'm saying she's a tough girl.

Laura: Oh, I see what you're saying. (can't hear the rest)

John: I don't need to say she's done this, that and the other to make that conclusion. She's tough.

Erik: I'm just saying she's a human being. I don't really like her very much, but...

Dave: She's a human being.

Russell: People better have my back. If not, I'm gonna be seriously pissed the hell off, because at the end of the day this falls on my shoulders, none of you guys. She's gonna be coming after me. I definitely am gonna want some...

(everyone stares at him, somewhat awkwardly)

Shambo's Bond With Foa Foa

Shambo describes her strong bonding experience with the Foa Foa tribe

"I think I'm so accepted at Foa Foa, #1, the age difference. Most of the people at Foa Foa are in their 30s, or late 20. They're not at Survivor, telling the story of the night they turned 21. (laughs) You've gotta be kidding me. There's a huge age gap. In addition too, I don't feel Foa Foa...I feel Foa Foa has lost so much, they're willing to bond with anyone that'as going to make them stronger. Our tribe hasn't lost a lot. They got wet (said mockingly). They've won almost every challenge, they've run every reward challenge, they're not hurting, they're not living in the real world of Survivor yet. But they will be."

(cut)

"All the hard work and effort I'm putting in at Foa Foa, to fortify their camp, to get them food, to help get them firewood, everything I've done is hugely valued, because they don't have a lot of energy left. I think I have way more energy than anybody on their tribe. I was using it with good purposeful intention to help them to assist them and help them make their life better in the days I've been there. Which is 4, 4 out of 15 days. Here, the first 2 days, I was hugely valued, because I did the same thing, but when you're fat and happy, it doesn't matter if you've got 3 cakes sitting on the counter, and in walks Shambo with a chocolate cream pie. It's just another dessert, and that is how it is viewed here."

Russell's Easy Game

Russell of Foa Foa brags about how he has yet to make a difficult decision in the game

"I haven't had to make a tough decision yet. I don't think I'll ever have to make a tough decision, really, because I'm always reminding myself this is a game we're playing for a million dollars. These guys over here, they just don't seem like they're into it as much as I am."

(cut)

"Our tribe definitely seems like it's broken. Jaison is walking around like a mummy. Nobody can make up their own mind. I can sway anyone to vote anybody out. I could get rid of Mick tonight if I wanted. Or Jaison. None of 'em are strong enough to do something like that, to make that kind of move, but me. If I ever go to the Galu camp, if that ever happens, I think I can sway somebody over there to come to my side. These guys over here, I really think I can trust 'em. Like Jeff said, trust is a good thing. Yeah, that's real good for me, but not for them, because they can't trust me."

Russell's Advantage

Russell of Foa Foa boasts about the advantage of Galu losing their tribe leader

"When we left, Russell was laying down. His heart rate was real low. He looks like, when you look at the guy, like he's in great condition. But these conditions, it doesn't matter what physical condition you're in, sometime you can't handle this atmosphere. Raining all the time, not drinking water, not eating. Maybe it's a little bit much for him. Maybe he shouldn't have joined in the first place."

(cut)

"I don't know the latest status on Russell. I'm hoping he's home. I'm hoping he's heading to the house. He is their strongest competitor. If they don't have Russell, they're in deep crap, cause who are they gonna compete against me? None of them little boys can compete against me. I'll just roll 'em over and they know it. That's a fact. They'll be scared to death to have to go head to head with me. If they're not, they better be, cause I'm gonna knock 'em way back."

(cut)

"We'll find out tonight if Big Russell went home or not. I' hoping he did, because that'll be a big booster for us. That'll put us down 3. That means we win one, we're down 2. If we have 2 immunity idols, you'll never know what happens in this game."

(cut)

"If I get to that camp I will find that other immunity idol. They have to have one somewhere around there. Maybe it's in our camp again, maybe I'd better start looking for the second one here. I think it has to be over there. If I can get my hands on it, this is a new game for me."

Foa Foa's Bad Break

Jaison complains about the curse that his tribe seems to be under after continually losing challenges

"During the challenge, we could hear people yelling about how far ahead we were. Jeff was making comments like, 'Foa Foa's making progress.' or whatever. It felt like we were really far ahead. When he yelled, "Medical!" it was a collective sigh, like, 'Really?' It's not just about getting the win, it's the psychological win you get from getting the win. The pizza would have been amazing if only we'd gotten it, we would have had that advantage at least over them, we could have ridden this momentum into something new. I don't know what to make of it other than to say we need to catch a break. Sooner or later, if we're gonna turn this around, we need to catch a break. Every time it seems like we turn the ball in the other direction, something happens and we're out again. Last time it was the food challenge where we had to chug the disgusting stuff, and we all know Natalie and Ashley aren't gonna be able to do that. So we're out on that. Then, the rain just killed us for the immunity challenge. Today, it looked like we were back on track, and we're off track again. We'll just have to keep fighting, I guess."

Erik's Scapegoat

Erik is elated at the thought of eliminating one of his tribemates at the upcoming Tribal Council, especially when John just might be the one to carry out his plan of eliminating Monica

"So, we're at the challenge today, and Jeff says it's gonna be a double elimination tonight at Tribal Council. Jeff says it as a shock factor, but to me, it's like, thank you. I wanna win (claps), I wanna get some pizza (claps), but I really wanna get rid of some dead weight around here. (claps) The first thought in my mind was Shambo. Not necessarily because I want her to go - well,kinda- mostly because she's so miserable. She couldn't even use her hands for the last 3 days. I feel like I'd be doing her a favor. Shambo Shambo Shambo. SO we get back to camp, I figure it's a no-brainer, we don't have to talk about it, but then John comes up to me and tells me he's concerned with the Monica and Laura alliance. (puts his fingers to his mouth and kisses them) Did I not say this 4 days ago? This is gonna be fantastic, especially since he's gonna do my bidding and it looks like it's gonna be his idea. Perfect. It's like a bartender giving you a free beer and being like, 'Sorry, extra pour here, you want it?' Hell yeah, I want it. Thing is, you gotta make sure people stick with the plan you put in their brain 4 days ago. It's real easy for that bartender to say, 'Sorry, made a mistake,' and pull it away. No bartender is pulling this beer away from me. (wags his finger) I'm gonna hold on for dear life and if he reaches over I'll gnaw his freakin' wrist off (makes growling sounds, then laughs) I'm pumped, because everything's working out the way I wanted it to work, and I'm not having to do it. That's the best place to be in this game."

Mick Explains Russell's Ailment

The doctor of Foa Foa explains the precise medical explanation for Russell's collapse

"So basically, Russell was Galu, he was volume deplete, he was dehydrated, and performing strenuous exercises. He's sweating and his heart is trying to pump all that fluid aroud and maintain a decent pressure, blood pressure, to profuse his head, so his brain has some blood to keep things going. When that drops he could no longer maintain consciousness becaue of that. Dehydration, strenuous exercise, those things combined, you just...you can only, they're essentially a bunch of pipes, and if you can't keep them filled up with fluid, the presure goes out of them, and you're just drained, and night night. Out you go."

(cut)

"His blood pressure was probably lower than Mike's to begin with. He was in good shape. It's probably lower to begin with. It wasn't that unexpected. That's pretty much how that thing plays out, normally. There wasn't anything in my mind that struck me as odd there. He needs fluids. That's it."

Forces of Nature

Mick vents about how the torrential downpours add to the tribe's low morale

"My expert opinion on what the tribe is going through is seasonal effective disorder, I think. This weather has everybody down. We have a glimmer of hope, it'll get sunny for a few minutes and everybody's stoked. You can see the energy level rise, and everybody's happy. The motivation comes back. Then, within seconds, it's a torrential downpour. It's just kind of zapping morale."

(cut)

"I was pretty dehydrated this morning. I wanted to get behind the ball and push and have Jaison take a break and do the puzzle. But I knew getting up and sitting down how dehydrated I was. It just wouldn't have worked out, I think."

(cut)

"During challenges, you're trying to dig down because you're hungry or thirsty or tired. Then we've been able to make it through that, all the sudden on top of that we've been soaking wet and freezing cold. That just makes it even more difficult to get into this."

Ousting Liz

Russell contemplates getting rid of Liz over Natalie before Tribal Council

Liz:
We get to have pizza, but it's a bittersweet reward.

Russell:
We won that. That was ours.

Liz:
I know. We were so close.

Russell:
Finally, we won something. That was ours. Now we gotta both vote somebody out.

Liz:
I know. That's what's bittersweet. I'll tell you this, I told Mick I don't wanna go home. I feel like either way, final 4 all the way. It's happened before, and the tables have turned. We just have to stay strong.

Russell (solo):
Once Liz is gone, I control each and every person out here. She might be a little bit smarter, she's definitely a lot stronger, but I really can't trust her that much. The trust thing, to me in this game, it overweighs everything in this game. Natalie, she's somebody I can trust, she's a lot weaker, and I don't know if she has smarts or even has a brain up there. She's holding onto my coattails. I'm the one taking her in this game, and she believes I'm gonna take her as far as I can take her.

Russell's Determination

Laura compliments Russell's fearless attitude

"Russ is a warrior. Even when he was on the ground, he was saying, 'Let's finish this challenge, let's finish this challenge. Get me up, let's finish this challenge.' He was not even close to wanting to hang up the towel. Jeff even asked him, 'Do you remember where you are? What's the last thing you remember?' Everything was groggy, he was basically just mumbling, but he was not gonna quit."

(cut)

"As much as he's gonna want to come back, I do believe he will respect the doctor if the doctor says you can't come back. More importantly is his wife and his little girl, and he knows that. Believe me, he's so frustrated. He was saying, 'I've tried to get on this show for so long. I can't go out like this, I can't.' It's different going out on a medical and then being voted out. You always wonder, 'How far would I have gotten?' You always have that 'I wonder.' That's probably pretty hard for Russell."

Shambo on Russell's Collapse

Shambo expresses little sympathy as she criticizes Russell for collapsing due to dehydration

"I started thinking, well I'll be darned, look at that right there. This guy just had a T-bone steak and he probably ate mine too, 2 days ago. What the heck? There's nobody out here that should hit the ground,; with him being the <air quotes> chief </air quotes> of Galu, especially him. As hard as it's been raining the last 4 days, get some water runoff. What the heck? It's pretty simple to stay hydrated when it's raining this hard and we have water runoff. It's not like there's an excuse. It doesn't make sense. I wish him the absolute best. I'm a little double-minded about the situation. I don't want to see anybody get injured and leave the game. That's the worst. You want to go out on your own accord. By the same token, I'm pretty sore at him for giving me double duty at the demon location, and starving for the last 4 days."

Shambo is Hurtin'

Shambo shows off her war wounds after enduring challenges, hard work and heavy rain

"Shambo is hurtin' for certain. What day is it? 15, 16? I have no idea what day it is. I had a hard time making it through the night. My hands are in absolute agony. They're o waterlogged that I feel like I have second-degree burns on the majority of my hands. I've got some pretty good lacerations from trying to break bamboo over at the Foa Foa camp. Just to cover myself up. And my shoulder, my shoulder is not doing good, my tendonitis in my right shoulder, from freezing for 3 days. I'm either waking up from my hands burning, or waking up trying to rub my tendons in my right shoulder all night the last 2 nights. I've gotten no sleep. I brought a full canteen of water with me back to the challenge yesterday. Now I don't now where my canteen is, because John had it, and John gave it to Brett, and Brett doesn't know where he put it. Nobody else has water at my camp today. I haven't had water in 30 hours. The last thing I ate, I made crab ceviche, for Foa Foa camp, because they had no fire. They had limes, so I crushed the limes up, which didn't help my hands at all, and cracked a lot of crab open. Russ and I were the only ones that ate it. That was about 30 hour ago. I think that's the last thing I had to eat. So I'm run down. I'm hurtin."

The Listener

Brett describes his strategy in the game

"When we got back to camp after the competition this morning, all the girls went off to gather fruits and crabs and so forth and left time for myself, Jon, Erik, and Dave to chat. I really kept my mouth shut. Not because I didn't have an opinion, not because I didn't want to say anything, but because I'm the type of player who wants to listen, hear people out, figure out where there mind's at, how they're operating, and then make decisions accordingly. I strategically took myself to the side, fiddled around with getting the fire going, and so forth, and just listen to them, and hear where they're at. Also on another end, when someone gets voted out, those that are aligned with the person that was voted out are going to be looking at who are the people responsible for this happening. Me not saying anything or going with the flow puts me in an OK position because I'm not the one that initiated wanting to vote a certain person out, but I also shielded myself from a backlash or revenge that might come as a result."

Erik Before Tribal Council

Erik worries about the uncertain fate of his tribe's leader, Russell

"Right now we're getting ready to go to Tribal. We are leaderless, but I'm pretty confident as soon as we show up at Tribal, Russ will come in, feeling better, and then Galu will be all back together."

(cut)

"It's strange, the entire experience of not having Russell here. Everything we do, there's no direction. We just kind of do our own thing, an to be honest, I really don't trust how these people do their own thing. Yeah, in that sense, it's tough not having Russell, but he'll be back tonight."

(cut)

"Russell is kind of like my ace up the sleeve. He doesn't necessarily fit into the original blueprint of mine, but it was my goal this entire time to kind of bring him along. As maybe the 5 or the guy. Then at the very end, I was hoping to sneak him into the final 4, even if I had to play my own immunity idol, because I know the loyalty that man has. It would be a bummer personally if he leaves, but I'll just have to shuffle some cards and play some more."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... jbug 10-23-09 1
   RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 3
 RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 2
   RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... frisky 10-23-09 4
       Hint to Frisky CTgirl 10-23-09 7
       RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 9
           RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... frisky 10-23-09 10
               RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 13
   RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... emydi 10-23-09 8
       RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 11
           RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 14
 RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... Brownroach 10-23-09 5
   RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 12
   RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 15
 RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. ... SquidProQuo 10-23-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
I wondered if it was against the rules for them to save a steak or something for Shambo when she returned.
Several days - might not still be good tho.....

10-23-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-09 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

Funny that Shambo is still holding a grudge against RussSwell and thinks he ate her steak. Also, this was another interesting comment from Shambo: "As hard as it's been raining the last 4 days, get some water runoff. What the heck? It's pretty simple to stay hydrated when it's raining this hard and we have water runoff."

But then in another clip she says no one on her tribe has had water in 30 hours (perhaps because the rain has stopped or because they lost their fire?), and she says that Brett and John lost her canteen. Sure sounds like Shambo is hurting....would be surprising if she makes it to the end.

10-23-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
I think this week's Insider Clips tell us a lot about what's going to happen next week:

* The boys at Galu, led by John's prompting, talk about ousting Monica instead of Shambo. This worries Laura and kicks her into gear to make some moves. Based on this week's prevew, it looks like Laura allies with RussHell, and suddenly the yoga alliance isn't so aligned anymore. In fact, there just might be a girls (Laura/Monica/Kelly) vs. guys (John/Erik/Dave) power struggle on Galu....which in turn could be just the "opening" that RussHell needs to turn things around at the merge.

* If Fao Fao loses IC, Liz goes. And RussHell tells us why: "Once Liz is gone, I control each and every person out here. She might be a little bit smarter, she's definitely a lot stronger, but I really can't trust her that much. The trust thing, to me in this game, it overweighs everything in this game. Natalie, she's somebody I can trust, she's a lot weaker, and I don't know if she has smarts or even has a brain up there. She's holding onto my coattails. I'm the one taking her in this game, and she believes I'm gonna take her as far as I can take her.

Will be interesting to see what happens when RussHell and Laura realize that someone has found the HII at Galu!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
Squid, are you able to watch the videos? I can't. I'm just wondering if the RussHell comment regarding Liz is recent (ie full beard) as opposed to the confessionals we've seen on the show which are old scenes edited in. Not that it makes much of a difference; I'm just curious if he's been complaining about her lately seeing how all the negative talk on the show has been old clips.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Hint to Frisky"
and all other Canadians!

I posted this yesterday in the Episode 5 transcript thread (its easier to cut and paste, then reexplain or link!) in case you missed it:

CBS has put all the insider videos on Youtube (without the ads! )

It's hard to get them to come up on a search so you have to be pretty specific. For instance, the video squid was referring to is 'Survivor Samoa - Russell gets a pep talk.' (Without Survivor Samoa or with Swan in there, it doesn't come up in the search.) Once you've found it, all the other videos are in the sidebar.

Happy Watching!

10-23-09, 02:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
He has a pretty heavy beard, and he's sitting on the beach wearing his buff as a headband when he says the stuff about Liz. I don't think it was from a couple episodes ago, but it's not raining when he says this, so you never know.

Was it pouring the entire episode yesterday? Or did the rain stop at some point? That might help us decide when this was said. I wasn't home last night so I didn't watch the entire episode yet...I'll let you know after I see the entire show if it looks like the same level of beard or not. (Also, if he wears his buff as a headband during the show)

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
Thanks, CTgirl, for the tip.

Squid, yes it did stop raining for awhile during yesterday's episode. Erik speaketh to the rain and it stoppeth.

10-23-09, 10:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
Frisky, here's the link to this scene on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-J65cs2AaU

I just watched last night's episode and all the clips, and I do think that RussHell's beard growth in this clip indicates that it's a new scene (not an old one spliced in). Also, it's definitely post-rain.

I also noticed that the way RussHell is wearing his yellow buff tied around his head is consistent with how he's wearing it in next week's preview in the scene with Laura. He did NOT wear it that way at all in last night's episode....not sure about prior episodes.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
squid are you thinking Brett tells his snuggle buddy Kelly about the guys' plans? How else would Laura know? even Shambo is not that stupid to say anything.

10-23-09, 02:53 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
Yes, Emy, I do think Brett seems to be on the fence and playing both sides (based on what he says in the "Listening" clip about his strategy). So he could tell his snuggle bunny or Laura, in order to stay on the Yoga Alliance's good side. (Or because he thinks he's at the bottom of the barrell in the guys' alliance.)

Also, I think Laura is clued in to things because in the Insider clip where RussSwell says he's going to have to send Shambo as visitor again, Erik and John defend Shambo and Laura seems to question them. She is smart and I think she'll pick up on these subtle vibes that they might be willing to keep Shambo vs. Monica.

Plus there's bound to be turmoil and fallout in picking the new Galu leader -- will it be one of the guys? Or will it be Laura?So it's mostly just spec on my part that a girls vs. boys alliance is brewing (based on the last couple weeks' of insider clips), but now with the CBS clues, it seems to confirm it.

10-23-09, 10:20 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
Emy, I just watched last night's episode and now I think that Shambo could inadvertently spill the beans to Laura and Monica(in addition to the possibilities I listed above).

Between last night's episode and the preview, it's comical how everyone is so concerned that Shambo will shoot herself in the foot and blow it. I cracked up when Erik and John were instructing her how to "lock it in"....Given her past history, sure seems like she'll find a way to mess things up.

This situation reminds me of last season when Joe getting Med-vac'd put the big plan on hold for 1 episode, and the question was whether people could keep their mouths shut for 3 more days....between Brett and Shambo, I doubt it.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-09 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

Interesting how they put all this strategy talk from Erik in the Insider but we get little to none in the show.

(I like Erik’s personality. Even though he’s from California he seems very New York-y to me. He reminds me of a couple of people I know.)

So Foa Foa assumed they would be declared the winner of the challenge and get all the pizza?

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

10-23-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
I agree Brownroach, I really Erik. And that he defends Shambo as a human being despite the fact that he doesn't even really like her and it's unpopular to do so makes me like him even more. But unfortunately most of his strategy and good insights are only shown in the Insider Clips, which doesn't bode well for his longevity, I guess.

Re the pizza: The way I read it is that they think they're all going to get the pizza at the TC and have to vote someone out.

10-23-09, 11:22 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
BR, I just noticed that Jeff replied to the fan comments in his blog that they DID get to eat the pizza at TC...they just didn't show it. Here's the post:

Jeff Probst Fri 10/23/09 11:05 AMHey all,
1. They did get pizza, we just didn’t have time to include it in the episode. We’re tough but not unfair.
2. They had their blindfolds on for a few minutes until we could figure out if Russell had any chance of coming back to continue the challenge.

10-23-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Samoa Insider Transcripts, Ep. 6"
A few more clips, courtesy of James Barber:

Secret Scene: Russell

On the morning of Day Fifteen, Russell complains to Dave about not feeling well after continuing to push his body to extreme lengths

Russell (solo): Being a leader in this game, my head is spinning with decisions. Who's gonna be sent to Foa Foa? Who's gonna be in the next challenge? Who did I sit last time? Did I get the fire going? Did I get any fish today? I feel like I'm 80. We haven't been eating all that well, so yeah, it's been tough sledding out here.

Dave: Text How you feeling today, Chief?

Russell: I'm in some kind of weird shape this morning. I don't know why. I just feel like my body is...I had a quarter of a slice of papaya all day. I walked 4 miles, maybe even longer than that, collecting firewood. To start a fire that went out twice. You know what I mean?

Dave: If you hang in there, you can do it. Honestly, the whole tribe needs you.

Dave (solo): I think focus is pretty much everything in this game. If you're not, it's gonna bring you down, it's gonna be hard on your spirit. I can see it in Chief, whether he'll admit it or not. It's your spirit and your will ultimately that drive you till the end of this game. You gotta stay positive. I know it's tough, but your mind is all yours to control.

Russell: Just having a little bit of a...

Dave: We all are, baby. We all are. You hang ten, I'm gonna go get some stuff done.

Russell: Alright. Handle that.

Russell (solo): This game Survivor is more like a marathon than a sprint. I know I got a whole lot of heavy lifting to do. I hope at the end of the day my body doesn't fail me.

Russell: (yawns) Lord have mercy.

Russell the Day After

Russell reflects on his time in the game, the difficulties of being a leader, and pushing his body to its limit

"Being taken out of the game for medical reasons is about the worst thing that can happen for a guy. I can only speak from that perspective. I know it's happened before. It is one of the most demoralizing things I have ever felt in my life. I've gotten hurt playing sports, but you always know there's a next season, or there's some rehab time, and you get to walk up on your coach and say, 'Put me in Coach, I'm ready to go.' That doesn't happen here. You get your shot, you're in, you're taken out, you're out. For somebody like me, who wanted to do this in the worst way, I'm like living a dream is hard, I'm smelling crap, I'm eating probably 60 calories a day, drinking a glass of water a day, which was ultimately my downfall, but I'm loving it. Even with the extra burden of having to be the leader, I was loving it. This was great. Not only because of the adventure, because that's not why I was here. I was here because I believe a man should provide for his family. I was going to win that million dollars. There was no question in my mind. I would have had to change some things come the merge, but it was coming. As you can see before I crashed and burned, I had this tribe 100% behind me. I was not a leader, I was Daddy to the younger ones and brother and sister to the older ones. To have it working and know it was going pretty good for me and to have my body of all things, something I try to stay focused on and conscientous about, fail me, is utterly demoralizing. Words can't describe it. As I was laying on the ground, I would say but for my wife and my daughter, knowing they're there, waiting for me to come home, if it wasn't for them I would have rather died that day. Very demoralizing. I played every minute that I was here, to win this game. Every stick of wood was to win this game. Every late hour keeping the fire going during the rain was to win this game. Every time when the whole group was huddled in the shelter and the rain and I'm out fishing, I did everything in my power. I've learned a lesson. Some things just aren't up to you."

(cut)

"I'm better for this experience. There's no doubt about it. Even though it pains me to not be in it, I've grown a lot, I've learned a lot about myself, I've learned a lot about my own humanity, that resources in this body are finite, they need to be taken care of. I've learned that God really must love me because I guess for all intents and purposes I should have died out there that day. He said, 'No, your work here is not done.' I get more days to hug and kiss my wife, watch my daughter grow up, encourage people, feel good about myself. They come up to me, they say, 'Oh, it sucks, it must really suck.' It sucks, but it was great. I'll tell them, whatever it is you want to do, that thing that's always been nagging in the back of your head, go for it. To do it, to be in it, and fail, is better than to never try. If I get those types of opportunities than I've won my own kind of million dollars."

EW Deleted Scene - Weathering the Storm

Russell:

"Day 15, man. I'm glad to be here. Last 2 days were rough because it was like monsoon season. We were wet constantly. I never seen my hands like this. My nails were white. I'm like, 'I'm turning into white people.' It's crazy. Day 15 we got treemail, looks like it's gonna be pizza. Let's go pound Foa Foa, get some pizza, and life's gonna be good again."

(cut)

"I think going through a storm like this definitely brings the tribe together, because we weathered it all together. We were all in our little shack, kind of freezing and shaking, but talking, and asking questions about each other. Any time you get that opportunity, it's always good. It brought us all together. Now that we're out, we know we've got a task at hand. We're stronger than ever, we really are. I will say at that last challenge, everybody, a woman to a man, knew we were gonna win that, because we just felt unbeatable"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •