The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "What T..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-10, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Thoughts"
The first 4 seasons or so were dedicated to the slow transformation of Jack from Man of Science to Man of Faith. It was accompanied by Locke’s sudden and tragic loss of faith which was followed by his fateful attempts to repair what he had done.
Then we had Locke’s sudden transformation into the smoke monster.
The theme of Season 6 has been Jack’s slow transformation into Jacob’s heir. Jacob knew he was ready.

With Jacob’s confirmation that the ultimate goal of the game is to protect the light from Smokey, I’m almost satisfied that we have sufficient guidelines to understand the island. I still think that the Smoke monster is a representation of Chaos and I thought of something that reinforces that: Remember how we had a strange scene of a butterfly floating around the Black Rock before Smokey appeared to Richard? The butterfly effect is part of Chaos theory so it could have been a hint.

The writers will probably give us a bit more about the island but the real mystery now is how will Jack win the game? How will he kill Smokey and get everyone off the island?

Strangely, I had always only been concerned about the mysteries of the island, now a burning question is what is Desmond up to?
- He lied to Jack about retrieving his father’s coffin.
- He beats up Ben to make him remember.
- He says that he wants John to let go which makes John accept the surgery.
- He arranges for Kate and Sayid to escape so they can attend the concert where almost everyone else will be.

Another strange thing is that Jacob’s best candidates over the years, Ben, John and Jack would all have been crossed off the cave’s walls because they are happy in Sideways world. John is getting married while Ben looked happy with Danielle and Alex. More importantly, Jack is a dad which was enough to cross out Kate. Even Sawyer isn’t troubled as much about his past. Jin and Sun have freed themselves from Sun’s father. Is that part of Smokey’s loophole? It seems Jacob would have to choose between Kate and Sayid only, two names that were crossed off on the island. I think Desmond has to make them want to go to the island.

Questions and ramblings…
Have all the dead people Miles “sensed” been dead only in one world? When he felt Alex’s presence, could he have been sensing her presence in Sideways world?

As for Richard, I guess we now have proof that Smokey's offer doesn’t stand anymore!

So, Widemore wasn’t working with Smokey. I guess it means Smokey knew Widemore well enough to anticipate he would put explosives in the plane.

Locke told Ben he could have the island to himself after he leaves.
Ben had no problem selling out Widemore or killing him despite the previous rules.
Then Locke said he wanted to use Desmond to destroy the island. What will Ben think about inheriting a destroyed island?
Could Jack find a loophole and use Ben to kill Smokey? It would have symmetry.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "What T...   mrc     05-13-10       
   So Weird   zombiebaby     05-18-10     1  
   Ok   zombiebaby     05-18-10     2  
     RE: Ok   blacknwhitedog     05-18-10     4  
     RE: Ok   michel     05-18-10     6  
   Ack!   blacknwhitedog     05-18-10     3  
   Text from a friend   moonbaby     05-18-10     5  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   Outfrontgirl     05-19-10     7  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   weltek     05-19-10     11  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   frodis     05-19-10     12  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   weltek     05-19-10     15  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   michel     05-19-10     20  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   blacknwhitedog     05-19-10     8  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   Outfrontgirl     05-19-10     22  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   michel     05-19-10     24  
             RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   Outfrontgirl     05-19-10     26  
                 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   michel     05-20-10     27  
                     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   Outfrontgirl     05-20-10     29  
                         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   michel     05-20-10     30  
                             RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   Outfrontgirl     05-20-10     31  
                                 RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   michel     05-21-10     32  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   frodis     05-19-10     9  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   weltek     05-19-10     13  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   frodis     05-19-10     14  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   michel     05-19-10     21  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   warp_core breach     05-19-10     10  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   weltek     05-19-10     16  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   zombiebaby     05-19-10     17  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   Outfrontgirl     05-19-10     18  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   zombiebaby     05-19-10     23  
             RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.16: "Wh...   Outfrontgirl     05-19-10     25  
     Zombsssssssss   Breezy     05-20-10     28  
   Thoughts   michel     05-19-10     19  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •