The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"no one seriously hurt"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-01, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colbysincharge Click to send private message to colbysincharge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"no one seriously hurt"
we have heard from mitchell and burnett, himself, say no contestant is seriously hurt.
zap2it now reports
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?15921
burnett also said that only 1 person was hurt on the show seriously enough to be taken to the hospital.
"that was a blow to the achilles', hardly an accident"

Has he ever flat out lied before, I think not.

Mike's burnt hands? not serious enough? not burnt?
There's too much focus on the burnt hands.
It was reported by detroit paper that mike and/or keith were signing autographs and remarking that they will do detroit proud.
have they done anything to be "proud" of yet?
If Mike was signing autographs, at least since mid-january (TV guide incident at Kroger, no one else noticed red, raw skin (or burn-victim gloves) on his hands?
I know we have little to work with, vidcap-wise, so we need to analyze. Ep 6, into merger, vote off the strong? the too-cute?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: no one seriously hurt colbysincharge 03-02-01 1
   RE: no one seriously hurt SurvivorBlows 03-02-01 3
       Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics AyatollahKhomeini 03-02-01 4
 RE: no one seriously hurt ItzLisa 03-02-01 2
   RE: no one seriously hurt moonbaby 03-02-01 5
   RE: no one seriously hurt mistofleas 03-02-01 6
       RE: no one seriously hurt ItzLisa 03-02-01 7
       RE: no one seriously hurt shanana banana 03-02-01 8
           RE: no one seriously hurt mistofleas 03-02-01 9
           RE: no one seriously hurt imsocrabby 03-02-01 10
               RE: no one seriously hurt wolf1bh 03-03-01 12
 "Achilles Heel" Krautboy 03-03-01 11
   RE: "Achilles Heel" Minstrel 03-03-01 13
       RE: "Achilles Heel" Loree 03-03-01 14
           RE: "Achilles Heel" Drive My Car 03-03-01 15
   RE: "Achilles Heel" labgirl 03-04-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-01, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colbysincharge Click to send private message to colbysincharge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
I feel cheated. We spend considerable time looking for meaning in the choice of words used by everyone involved. And then find out, MB can directly lie.
No contestant seriously hurt?
An achilles injury worse than that?

I can only guess that he had to lie to protect the information out there, pics of mike's hands and Debb's comments about Mike.

And Debb's last contestant that she stays in contact with: Jeff

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
I agree, Burnett is now playing dirty pool -- fake pictures is one thing, but outright lies and false Tv listings is something else. ...so much for a guy who claims to enjoy playing this cat-and-mouse game with us.

...he's destroying his credibility -- isn't he smart enough to see the Stacey will pounce all over this with regard to his claims that there also was no manipulation? ...if you lie once, how are we to know when you are telling the truth?

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics"
I can see Stacey subpoenaing the person who wrote this article. Right now, I'd like to see her win her lawsuit!

I agree, SB, that MB in the past has been relatively truthful when talking about the show. Last year, for example, he said that we would see one tie, and we did see one tie. He said that there was a clue to who won in the first episode, and there was: Richard's description of how he was going to win.

This article proves that we should treat all future MB statements as having as much credibility as articles in the NY Post or LA Times.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-01, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
If third degree burns with skin hanging off Michael's hands are MB's idea of "not seriously hurt", then I'd hate to see his idea of seriously hurt! Probably his way of throwing us off.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS
what it's all about???

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
Couldn't agree with you more, ItzLisa! Another take on it: I guess it's not serious because it wasn't him!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
I agree, the burns that Mike had were pretty extensive. If MB doesn't consider that serious, then I'd hate to have him around if someone has a heartattack! Also, in Rogers prayer at the end, he mentioned that Mike was going into surgery and for god to guide the hands of the surgeons. Hmmmm, in my book if you go under the knife, it's serious.
Now, my next question is this: in Mike's words at the end, instead of the standard, Final words (yeah, I didn't see it coming, or I knew I was out) we got Mike before the burns looking just fine saying it's not really about the money but playing the game and that's what he's there for. Why didn't they go for Mike in the hospital saying that he's dissapointed that it happened but he's doing fine or something to that effect?
I got a funny feeling he's going to keep playing? Is that even possible? I haven't had a chance to really look at if that's a scenario that can even play out, but I'll get back to you on it.

*I like the number 333...it's only half as evil.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
>I got a funny feeling he's
>going to keep playing?
>Is that even possible?

***Nooooo....not with the extent of his burns - those were third degree. He's outta there. I've heard of cases where the burns weren't even as severe as Mike's (this was discussed in another thread by Shakes) and the treatment was far more extensive than this game would last.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS
what it's all about???

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-01, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
>I got a funny feeling he's
>going to keep playing?
>Is that even possible?

If you watched The Early Show this morning, Mike was on there as the next castaway who "left" the island this time (as opposed to getting booted), so he's definitely not coming back. In his interview he talks more about the fall into the fire and his hospital stay and mentions that for the first 48 hours he was still assuming they were just going to fix him up and he would go back to the game. But then he realized shortly afterward that his burns were too extensive and there was no way he was coming back. Apparently, he was in the hospital for weeks with surgeries and rehab.

MB was on the show later with Mike and he said his first reaction to hearing about the accident was to "patch Mike up and get him back in the game. It's Mike - he's tough!" But they quickly conveyed to him that it was much more serious than a patch-em up job was going to handle.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-01, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
Unfortunately, I have to be to work at an ungodly hour so I haven't been able to see any of the Early Shows. I have to wait until someone says something about it on the board to know what happened and I posted a little too soon for that. Sorry for the uneducated speculation. I'll try harder next time, honest.

*I like the number 333...it's only half as evil.

imsocrabby 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-01, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imsocrabby Click to send private message to imsocrabby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
I also saw the "Early Show" and found it interesting that Mike received all of his treatment in Australia until the show was done filming and then returned to the US. He also stated that he hid his injuries from everyone including his family. He told them it was a "really bad sunburn". He went through extensive physical and occupational therapy and said he wanted to be back to normal before he got home. That his family COULD NOT see him like this. MB offered to fly him home or fly his family to him. He declined. They also said he was under a fake name in the hospital and MB and CBS payed cash for all his treatment. No insurance invloved. All to save the show!!!

MB is pretty crafty....I don't believe all the "fake" talk. Have you ever watched any of the "Eco Challenge" documentaries? He is a pretty smart guy and talented to boot.

wolf1bh 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-03-01, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wolf1bh Click to send private message to wolf1bh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: no one seriously hurt"
inside edition friday afternoon- had interviews with both mike and MB before or after the early show (the logo was in the background)- they said he was flown to 2 different hospitals and he was at the second one 14 days and MB had a producer at his side 24/7. (hmm compassion or a guard to keep nosy people away?) what threw me though was near the end they asked him about his hands now and he said something like he was supposed to have another surgery but they just miraculously healed the rest themselves? then they showed his hands and they looked fine? i was half asleep on the couch when i saw this but wish i had a tape- while i am 99% the injuries were real, little things do make one wonder. anyone else see this?

wolf

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-03-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. ""Achilles Heel""
I agree that MB misled us by saying "no one was seriously injured", but that is a matter of definition...as far as his comments about "a blow to the Achilles...hardly an accident" I believe he was saying that an injury that occurs during a challenge is the kind of accident they would expect and be prepared for so that a person who was injured could be voted off without disrupting the normal flow/schedule of the game. But, an unexpected injury between challenges is not "hardly an accident" that they would expect and as such "a blow to the achilles" of the show. Mike's injury was the unexpected arrow that hit MB vulnerable spot for which he had no contingency plan.

I might be giving MB too much credit but I think we should cut him a little slack, at least until he burns us again.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-03-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: "Achilles Heel""
Krautboy, you beat me to the punch! Exactly! Many things look worse than they are. "Not seriously hurt" could have meant a lot of different things and at different times. But think about it. If some one said there was an accident on a road involving two vehicles and one person was "fatally hurt" versus "seriously hurt" I would think that the person being seriously hurt is alive. Now that doesn't mean "will live."

When we see the truth (shot of Mike's hands), it is apparent that he is hurting (duh!), but it is not life threatening. Still, it is serious. Could he face amputation? Will he have the use of his hands? Will they heal properly?

I refer now to what medical professionals term a "threat to life or limb." This covers "serious" injuries. A burn such as Mike's was seriousl since it threatened "a limb." As we all know now, Mike is fine and fully recovered. His status became better and better. It was continually downgraded from serious.

But MB knew he had to act. As already pointed out, he was thinking BOTH how to capture this for excellent drama on TV and to give Mike all the care he needed as quickly as possible. It came as a shock since his (MB') first reaction was to "bandage him up and get him back in the game!" But at that point MB didn't understand the seriousness of the accident until he went to the Kucha camp.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: "Achilles Heel""
Yes, except for some pinkness his hands look fine now. He says it is all new skin. And he never had surgery. He just had treatments. And he has no intention of suing because he said he was treated great. He travelled after he got out of the hospital and MB & company paid for everything. He went snorkelling in a way where he kept his hands out of the water.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: "Achilles Heel""
I have a sister named Loree
You live on the West Coast?

labgirl 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-04-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail labgirl Click to send private message to labgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: "Achilles Heel""
Krautboy, I agree. An accident that causes the removal of a participant would be the 'achilles heel' of any reality production. To move his words around a little: It was hardly an accident, it was a blow to the achilles. In other words a crippling injury to the show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •