The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-09, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor, Russell's mind games continue.

RussellH <in confessional>: You plant that seed in their head and it's called a Russell seed. It takes over their whole mind.

Jeff: Jaison recruits an army to fight him.

Mick <in confessional>: I'm definitely loyal to Jaison.

Natalie <in shelter talking to Ashley>: Jaison is like, "It's either me or him."

Jeff: And Shambo is on the outs.

Shambo <in confessional>: Are you fricking kidding me. We got four people doing yoga.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... LFJ 09-25-09 1
 RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... michel 09-25-09 2
   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Georjanna 09-25-09 3
   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... goldenmike4393 09-25-09 4
 RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Scarlett O Hara 09-25-09 5
   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Georjanna 09-25-09 6
 The Web Promo... Flowerpower 09-26-09 7
   RE: The Web Promo... Outfrontgirl 09-27-09 10
 Press Release emydi 09-26-09 8
   RE: Press Release michel 09-26-09 9
   RE: Press Release LFJ 09-27-09 11
   RE: Press Release Outfrontgirl 09-29-09 34
       RE: Press Release CTgirl 09-29-09 35
       RE: Press Release Flowerpower 09-30-09 37
 RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Outfrontgirl 09-27-09 12
   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... michel 09-27-09 13
       RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Outfrontgirl 09-27-09 14
           RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... michel 09-27-09 15
               RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Outfrontgirl 09-27-09 16
                   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... michel 09-27-09 18
   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... CTgirl 09-28-09 19
       RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... emydi 09-28-09 20
           RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... CTgirl 09-28-09 21
               RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... emydi 09-28-09 22
                   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Flowerpower 09-28-09 23
                       RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... CTgirl 09-28-09 24
                           RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... emydi 09-28-09 25
                               RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... michel 09-28-09 26
                                   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... CTgirl 09-28-09 27
                                   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Outfrontgirl 09-28-09 29
                                       RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... CTgirl 09-28-09 30
                                           RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Brownroach 09-29-09 32
                       RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Outfrontgirl 09-28-09 31
                           RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... goldenmike4393 09-29-09 33
       RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Outfrontgirl 09-28-09 28
 RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... sol 09-27-09 17
 RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... Outfrontgirl 09-30-09 36
   RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell se... flystorms 09-30-09 39
 Discussion... Flowerpower 09-30-09 38
   RE: Discussion... Outfrontgirl 10-01-09 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-25-09, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
RussHell's abdomen can now be described as slightly pendulous, as opposed to obscene.

Jaison will, unfortunately, probably be the next boo-tee, as Ashley will perform according to the DBA's mandates, and run - not walk to tell what she knows to RussHell.

Shambo should be dismissed immediately from her tribe for not knowing the difference between Yoga and Pilates. No wonder she couldn't catch any fish.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-09, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Thanks as always for bringing these, FP.

Question:

Those shorts are new (I can tell because they have no poop stains) so does that mean Fouey Fouey wins reward?

Shambo's confessional would take new meaning if the "yoga" session happens just before Tribal Council now, wouldn't it? I can see someone being frustrated if that is what's happening in camp when they should be talking about voting options.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-25-09, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
... does that mean Fouey Fouey wins reward?

Probably not. I've noticed that for the past several Seasons the Survivors have been 'stranded with just the clothes on their backs' only to have the luggage containing their swimwear (and sometimes a few other pieces of their wardrobes) arrive several episodes later.

Frankly, I think that someone should check into switching airlines.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-09, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Why a lone shot of RussHell? I remember when Bob had his long shot and WON. For the time being, I assume it's because he continues to be the focus.

The girls are stressing due to Jaison's lack of social skills. I assume tell-a-woman will prevail, conversations will be related to RussHell and upheaval won't be occurring just yet.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-25-09, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
This is an interesting week. It does indeed appear that RussHell is wearing new swimtrunks. Therefore, I would deduce that his tribe has indeed won reward? Or, as the lovely Georjanna states, sometimes, they do provide them with their stuff after a few episodes of letting them "rough" it.

It also appears that Jaison is launching a counterattack against RussHell and will try to recruit both Mick and Natalie. However, this combined with the title "It's called a Russell seed," confounds me. Is this a scheme cooked up by RussHell? Or is Jaison really out to get him? Doesn't make sense as last week, we saw them form an alliance.

Finally, Shambo is a real A$$. Doesn't deserve to be in the game IMHO. I don't know whose speculating that she has longevity in the game, but if this is the case, than it's because she is being taken along for the ride as the perfect "F2" partner. Not very impressed with her, at all.

Read me.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-25-09, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Hello!

The vidcaps that TDT believes to be of Episode Three's Reward Challenge show that everyone has new suits ... finally.

Note: I remember that during China I thought that if they didn't find the darned baggage soon, they were going to have to begin doing Denise's confessionals in really dense undergrowth.

I hope that you and Flowerpower will stop by Signs. I'll make Juleps.

09-26-09, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The Web Promo..."
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Announcer: Marisa, gone. Betsy, gone.

Russell H. <in confessional>: I'm running this whole show right now. I'm the boss.

Announcer: Russell continues to savage his own.

Russell H: <in confessional>: I'm gonna have 'em all under control like zombies.

Announcer: But on the other side of the island, this overconfident tribe is doing yoga.

Shambo: I'm hanging out with 90210 and it's mindboggling.

Announcer: That's right. Yoga. Will it lead to victory?

Jeff Probst <at water challenge>: Go!

Dave <in confessional>: We're going in lean and mean

A few thoughts...it continues to be all about RussHell at FoaF. We see the proof as Marissa is seen followed by Betsey. Then we see the "boss" and we have what appears to be AShley telling Liz something, then Liz telling RussHell. But, next we have Liz followed by Mick in blackened pics, just as Marissa and Betsey were highlighted in a promo for ep 1. Interesting. Could Liz and Mick be RussHell's next 2 victims?

Then we cut to the other tribe doing Yoga. The use of the word "overconfident" gives me pause. They are due for a fall. Challenge looks to be about retrieving something out in the water, once again they have to block their opponents physically. Most likely they have to retrieve keys to open those crates, that are most likely filled with puzzle peices? We see Ben going after Dave. Ashley is after either Monica or Laura, and we have one of Kelly going after Natalie, with Liz there as well. The Foa Foa's are all in new bathing suits, it appears.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-09, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Web Promo..."
A couple vidcap points:
When Russell says "I'm gonna have 'em all under control like zombies" - that's when Mick and Liz are shown in the odd coloration, right after ZOMBIES:

not shown as targets.
In this and the PIP when it says "Russell continues to savage his own" we see this shot (Ashley looks concerned). Did Liz just tell Ashley something, or the other way around? Could Ashley be repeating what Natalie told her in the shelter? Hard to say.

and see him with Liz and Mick. To me it looks like Liz is standing closer to Mick and the two are facing him, like it's Russell talking to Liz/Mick rather than the three standing around in a strategy circle.

I wonder if this is Russell trying to make the Russell seed work on them..

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-09, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-09 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/e3/boot.htm

TDT has the Tv Guide and it says Jaison goes after Russell

BUT

From VG at SPhoenix

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

RUSSELL STRUGGLES TO MAINTAIN HIS CONTROL,
AS THE TRIBE TURNS ON ONE OF HIS ALLIES
ON "SURVIVOR: SAMOA"

A clever lie turns a tribe against one of its most harmless members.
Meanwhile, at the reward challenge, the chief of one tribe makes a controversial decision that lands him in the crossfire back at camp

I think the clever lie does not have to do with Jaison. Because we know Jaison is going after a Him and Ben, one of RussHell's allies, is not harmless.

I think Jaison goes after Ben... the other possibility is Liz who is "harmless" by pretending to go after Ben. But how does Jaison get the numbers...if he's going after Liz he needs to get Ashley on board.

Why is Natalie talking to Ashley like Jaison is not there when he's lying right next to Ashley when Natalie says "Jaison was like, it's me or him"????

In their post exit interviews, Betsey and Mike both say they like Ben...so they probably got to know him in LL. So if and FoaF goes to TC again as they are now, Ben may go.

But could the clever lie be over at Galu...I think so...bc I think the overconfident tribe goes to TC. Monica Kelly actually anyone coud be considered harmless...except Yasmin or Shambo and maybe John so far

and who is the "bad" leader?

I wonder if Mick sends RussHell (or Ben) to Galu if they win RC? However, it seems that RusSwell has more "leadership" issues so Galu may win RC and he may send Yasmin again??

ETA: from PIP
http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/index.htm

It appears that Galu wins the RC and RusSwell takes bedding instead of a tarp (from EW JIffy pre show interview)

Does RusSwell get to choose someone to go over to FoaF again and is it Yasmin again?

09-26-09, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-09 AT 06:50 PM (EST)

"Why is Natalie talking to Ashley like Jaison is not there when he's lying right next to Ashley when Natalie says "Jaison was like, it's me or him"????"

*raises arm* Huh! Huh! Huh! I think I know this one!

First, as I wrote in the editing thread, TC established a connection between Jaison, Natalie and Ashley. If Jaison has Mick, he has the numbers. Now, I'd suggest that Jaison was alone, trying to recruit Natalie when he told her that it was "either me or him". Ashley joined them in the shelter right after that. Natalie trusted Ashley enough to tell Jaison she'd be part of his army and then she repeated what Jaison had just told her.

ETA: If Galu goes to TC and we still see that many scenes from Foa Foa, I'd say it becomes obvious that the winner is in Foa Foa.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-09, 05:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Press Release"
Someone posted the weather in Samoa. They have a lot of rain coming up. That bedding should be about useless in a week-long downpour - could be the end of Russell S.?

09-29-09, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Press Release"
This is to CTgirl, but I wanted to bring the new replies back down to the bottom of the topic.

I do not think Russ can orchestrate a Jaison or Mick boot at this time, simply because these guys are challenge gold. R may want to sabotage his tribe, but no signs that anyone else is that demented.

Ben is the only man (with Mike gone) who could be considered a challenge liability, and has been discussed as a liability. With four down and three losses, I think the Foa Foa majority is thinking "who do we get rid of so that we can solidify and win challenges?"

The women are obvious targets. I think Liz SHOULD be protected because they can easily lose a challenge on the puzzle portion and she is better than the blondes.

I think Natalie, Ashley, and Ben are the ones on the block, with Natalie, Liz, and Ben the ones who are perceived as part of Russell's vote coalition that he must protect. I think Natalie is the "most harmless" who gets slandered by someone.
I think Russell's ideal pick for boot would be Ashley.
However, Russ might have to throw Ben under the bus to keep Natalie.

I don't believe Natalie is long for the game because she has still not had a confessional, but I think she does have some story to come and it may be a two episode arc.

Ashley and Ben both have a story that can be wrapped at any time.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_file
s/4759d0923e5ccdb5.jpg

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-09, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Press Release"
Thanks OFG for the reply. It took me a while today to work out all the pieces, but I see it the same way as you do.

09-30-09, 10:15 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-09 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

Hiya OFG: Nice analysis regarding who you think is at risk and why. I tend to be in agreement. Might I add that Natalie, as the one I also deem as the least harmless, therefore, victim of the lie, will most likely be spared as RussHell will scramble to save his alliance-mate. Also, if she is featured in this episode 3, will most likely be the beginning of her story arc, therefore spelling her upcoming doom, sooner rather than later.

So, most likely boot candidates for episode 3, imo, are indeed Ben or Ashley. Clearly, it may come down to Liz. According to Betsey, with her exit interviews she said that the girls were really tight. I clearly have no idea where Liz stands either.

ETA: Forgot that I can not discount Jaison as well as this point...

09-27-09, 08:58 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Thanks FloPo! Thanks emy for bringing over the press release and clues.

Meanwhile, at the reward challenge, the chief of one tribe makes a controversial decision that lands him in the crossfire back at camp

Phoenix's version of the Press Release has bullets in front of the two clues. So if you read it as a headline, followed by two teasers, then at least one of the teasers should relate to the headline.

The second clue is easy: Phoenix posted the cap of Kelly holding a comfort reward, and Clue #2 pertains to Russell on Galu. Jeff gave the EW interview about a chief choosing comfort over a tarp. (see TDT). Russell S is in the crosshairs, but that may or may not be the boot story for THIS episode. Disagreement this episode may turn into serious disgruntlement when the weather turns wet and they could have been under a tarp. We've seen that their shelter sucks.

The first clue should relate to Foa Foa to even out the love. This clue follows the headline about Russell. Also note how the second clue says "meanwhile" - which to me says, meanwhile on the other tribe, which we know is Galu.

Clue #1 must be the Foa Foa storyline:

We have the wording tribe turns on (headline), followed by turns a tribe against (clue). Such similar wording most likely refers to the same event, which would mean that "one of its most harmless members" is also Russell's ally.

Then we have the title "It's Called a Russell Seed" - Russell stating the Russell seed "takes over their whole mind." I would have expected Russell's seed to be the "clever lie" - except that the clever lie seems to bring on a crisis for Russell. Maybe the "seed" is is weapon in the struggle to regain control.

Who else would make trouble with a lie right now? Liz would be my first choice. Then Jaison or Mick, but not because of their characters as portrayed to date, rather because we are told they're making war on Russell.

As for the "harmless" ally, I'd vote for Natalie or Ashley. It sure isn't Ben. Liz got a far from harmless portrayal in Ep 2. Liz is already somewhat down on Ashley, so that wouldn't be a stretch, but would it be terrible for Russell if they turn on Ashley? He already declared her the next "ally" on his hit list. I sort of lean towards Natalie being maligned, as I can't think who else.

We do see Natalie repeating to Ashley what Jason said. Jaison is like, "It's either me or him." Sounds like Jaison says that either he or Russell will go, as in war. Or, Jaison could be talking ultimatum for Russell, choose either me of Ben as allies.

It did occur to me Natalie might be inserting herself into the "me." As in Jaison said "it's either me (Natalie) or him (whoever him is, could even be Jaison)." That's kind of farfetched, but sometimes editors are sneaky.

I lean towards Foa Foa going back to TC to put a cap on all this drama. They do get the headline in the Press release. The Russell S gufu, as well as the Galu Yogalliance vs Shambo seems like filler that keeps us reminded the other tribe has a camp life, but will come to fruition, it it does, later on.

Of the Foa Foa tribe, the "weak link" philosophy has been much talked of as a way to pick boots so they can win challenges. The oldsters gone, next candidates would seem to be Ashley, Natalie, and Liz. That would give Liz a motivation to start a lie about either of the blondes. What I don't see how this clever lie plot, if it were against one of the blondes, connects to Jaison's anti-tankbody maneuvers.

I suppose it could simply be that as the tribe needs Russell in challenges, and it needs Ben, the war takes aim against R's more dispensable minions - but really, is a lie necessary for targeting one of the girls? They're natural targets. Unless it's one of the girls trying to make sure the target lands on "not my back."

Wish I knew what side Liz is on. She seems to be standing by Mick facing off Russell in one cap, but last episode she was bearing tales to Mr. Vile.

09-27-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
We see Natalie telling Ashley about Jaison's plans. The lie could be Liz telling Jaison that Ashley warned Russell. Ashley has to figure as a harmless member and the promo editors could be one step behind, going with Ashley being in RussHell's DAB alliance.

09-27-09, 06:18 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
I agree that Ashley is one of the more "harmless."
But the lie supposedly turns the TRIBE against the person. (I know the wording can be inexact.) And Russell, I think, knows what the issue is. The lie should be something that can be repeated to anyone to make the person look bad. I don't know that "she told Russell we were plotting against him would count, especially as Ashley has been voting with Russell.

Well, it's just speculation what the lie is without more clues.

09-27-09, 07:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
"Russell, I think, knows what the issue is."

Yes, I think you are right. The "Russell seed" should be his reponse to the threat. Also, according to Betsy, Liz, Ashley and Natalie are tight. None of them can let the "boot the weak" strategy go on because they'll soon be on the block.

If Fouey Fouey goes once more to TC, they'll be down 10-6 which, considering there should be a double-boot, really means 9-5. Unless a switch changes everything, we'll wind up at the merge with 6 or 7 players we know nothing about. Galwho needs to go to TC but your analysis of the clues looks solid.

09-27-09, 08:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
>>>according to Betsy, Liz, Ashley and Natalie are tight. None of them can let the "boot the weak" strategy go on because they'll soon be on the block.

thanks michel, I'd missed that comment. I used to read all the exit interviews carefully, but then I stopped and have lost the habit. They do seem to have good insights lately.

OK, so do you think it's time for a woman's alliance. Maybe it should be, but CBS always hypes up even the shadow of a female alliance (IME).

I was thinking Liz might turn on Natalie to undermine Russell. R already has Ashley on hit list, so not sure that he wouldn't take credit for an Ashley boot. I don't see anyone other than Liz who's capable of a clever lie. Jaison and Mick are highly intelligent, but they haven't been playing like recent Big Brother contestants whom I shall not name.

Will they start this week? Mick is more devious than Jaison, according to Jeff.
Will the originator of the lie get bounced? Or the victim? Or someone else? hmm

As for Galu, I think Shambo is in a worse position than John, so for her to go farther in the game -- which I believe she does -- then they don't go to TC this week.

09-27-09, 11:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
"As for Galu, I think Shambo is in a worse position than John, so for her to go farther in the game -- which I believe she does -- then they don't go to TC this week."

Looking at the insider clips, Shambo isn't as much in danger as the edit made it look. Erik said he was impressed with the way she attacked the Fouey Fouey women. Monica said they like her. Yasmin isn't liked and they're worried about possible cross-tribal alliances.

09-28-09, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Here's another thought on the "it's him or me" statement from Jaison. Maybe Jaison told Natalie that the boot is between her and Russell. That comment would make sense seeing that Jaison is laying right there next to them. I'm not sure where the lie comes in or who starts the lie (maybe Liz or Mick because of the black and white highlight in the promo).

To me, Natalie is the most "harmless" one in the tribe.

09-28-09, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-09 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

I thought that too...or else Jaison is telling Natalie that it's either Jaison (himself) or Natalie on the chopping block and now they (including Ashley)have to go against RussHell. In the last promo during football yesterday, Mick Liz and now ASHLEY are in that black and white highlight

from VG at Phoenix

I'm still not convinced that FoaF goes to TC...

09-28-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-09 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

I'm about 60-40 that its FoaFoa going to Tribal because the previews are mostly about Russell this week. EXCEPT if maybe all this posturing by F-F is after they lose reward and before the immunity challenge. The lack of footage and photos from the IC is interesting combined with Jeff's use of "overconfident" about Galu in one of the promo voice-overs makes me not want to discount Galu going to Tribal.

We don't know too many of the Galus if they go to Tribal, so I would expect it to be one of the ones we've already met - Shambo, Russlell, John or maybe Dave. John was featured in the "next week" preview and he was targeted in episode one. He'd be my guess there. ETA: Totally forgot about Yasmin, she had a ton of facetime last week!

09-28-09, 02:09 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
My money's on Yasmin (complainer) or maybe RusSwell (bc of the tarp fiasco) if Galu goes...I was struck by overconfident statement too. I can't figure out the lie and the harmless if it's Galu though...but it's more confusing if it's FoaF bc not many harmless left except Natalie so if it is FoaF my pick is Natalie that goes

09-28-09, 02:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-09 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

Initially, I think that I am seeing eye to eye ( ) with OFG on this one...I think that the headliner to the teaser clearly tells us that what I thought was RussHell would struggle this week as one of his allies was being turned on by the tribe. Then, with the second clue regarding a clever lie making one of the most harmless being turned against....I interpreted that the harmless one and the RussHell ally were one in the same. And, since RussHell does seem to get what he wants this season, I was thinking that the harmless one would be OK in the end, and that the boot would be someone else. I even speculated that perhaps Ben would spin a lie to get the heat off of his own back, or perhaps Ben's ally, ?Liz? would spin the lie to get the heat of his back? I speculated that the most harmless in the tribe would be Natalie.

The "meanwhile" of the other clue, told me that clearly that was Galu, so the second clue regarding the harmless one is indeed at FF.

But, now I see that the initial headline, "Russell struggles to maintain control as the tribe turns on one of his allies", in addition to the third clue, "meanwhile, at the RC, the leader of one tribe makes a controversial decision..." Could be two clues that are in reference to RussSwell!!! RussSwell is the "leader" of the over-confident, Galu tribe. Clearly, with the vid-cap evidence, the Galu tribe will win the RC and RusSwell chooses the comfort items over the survival items.

We really haven't met any of RusSwell's allies yet, so are we ASSuming that the initial headline is in regard to RussHell? Would RussHell scramble to save an ally, when we heard him last week say his ally would be next on his chopping block?

ETA: Just editing to add that TDT has a reference to TVGuide:
"Jaison attempts to gather support to oppose Russell, who struggles to maintain power at Foa Foa."

Clearly then, RussHell will be targeted then by Jaison, but may not get the numbers so he targets an ally of RussHell's? But will this matter if they do not go to TC?

...reconsidering Galu at TC? Hmmmm?

09-28-09, 03:25 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
We know that one of RusSWell's allies is Yasmin. He picked her on first impression to do the first challenge and then he picked her again to go to FoaFoa.

I am leaning towards thinking that the first two clues refer to RussHell because the title is about him and half the promos are about him. BUT it could also easily refer to RusSWell. The thing that bothers me is the absolute lack of any information on the kidnappee and IC. It might be a puzzle challenge, but none of the press photos this week show anything past reward either.

(The press photos are here: http://tinyurl.com/ycsr2k6. They haven't been posted on SF or Phoenix yet.)

09-28-09, 04:26 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Liz looks "not happy" here

Nothing by RC photos and this in press photos...I hope IC is just a puzzle and not that there is no IC bc someone else is medivaced out beforehand...with no TC either

09-28-09, 05:31 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Here's a repulsive thought: What if the RussHell seed and the clever lie have to do with Hantz's plan to profess undying love to Natalie?

From his realityblurred interview:

"Russell... said he’ll go off to the side “with some pretty girl and say... This is true what I have for you... I really care for you. From the first time I laid my eyes on you, I think I’m falling in love..."
(the interviewer added: He identified Natalie, I think, as the possible “dumb-##### blonde.”)

If this comes to someone (Jaison's?) ears then he could say it's between Natalie and "him", which could be Hantz or his other ally Ben.

I do like the idea that the promo editors are using the confusion caused by the 2 Russells. Both Russells could be struggling.

09-28-09, 05:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
I like the idea of Russell professing his love as the lie - he's done everything else already that he said he was going to do in that interview (his secret alliance, his dumbass girl alliance and his strong man alliance). Perhaps this is the end of his first villain arc (hopefully it is; I'm ready to get to know the other survivors and have had enough of his antics - you can't sustain the entire show around this one person).

He made alliances with Ashley, Natalie, Betsy and Marissa during the first show. We know alliances revealed, don't succeed and already Betsy and Marissa are gone. I wouldn't be surprised to see Natalie or Ashley go this week, most likely Natalie because her edit as been expendable.

09-28-09, 06:38 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-09 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

so do we have any information that Russell DID pick Natalie, other than a pre-game plan? I read (somewhere) in the PR that he feigns a love interest, so guess that part materialized. Natalie is likely enough.

I don't think it fits the clues this week, plus I think CBS will promo it when it happens, but it it's definitely Natalie then she survives this week.

The press release clues do cover both Russells, but I don't think there's any confusion about who the first Russell is. There's only one Russell in this game who doesn't need an initial for us to be clear on who they mean, and there's only one Russell who has been shown to have any modicum of control. You don't struggle to regain what you never had in the first place. The chief position is not "control."

ETA - OK just read FP's post. The TV Guide reinforces that.
"Jaison attempts to gather support to oppose Russell, who struggles to maintain power at Foa Foa."

09-28-09, 06:53 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Sorry to repeat what anyone else might have said. I was away all weekend and am trying to play catch up and am trying to wrap my head around everything for the SOTS!

So I want to throw this out there - I just finished rewatching last week's episode and Russell pretty menacingly says that if "you threaten me, you'll be going home." Combine this with "Jaison attempts to gather support to oppose Russell, who struggles to maintain power at Foa Foa." Is it possible that Jaison is in trouble and could go home or is this just misdirection? Any thoughts?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-09 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

Well, it seems unlikely to me that the episode is going to end with RussMole having lost power at FoaFoa. So yes I think Jaison is a viable boot candidate this week. Right now I think the "harmless person" (Natalie) is the misdirection.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

09-28-09, 07:00 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
I like the idea that Ben is involved. In fact, Ben might be the boot this week. He has LOADS of story arc. Russell may have to lose an ally either way. I've not thought of Ben as the one to make a CLEVER lie, and he seems like a blunt overly truthful guy, so I do still lean towards Liz as the player who could craft a lie.

Re the clues, even without the TV guide confirmation, I would stick to my original reading in Ep 12.

If the rules of writing are being followed at all (questionable sometimes with CBS writersO - then a headline is not a separate clue. A headline is an umbrella, and even though it contains information, there must be a clue underneath that is a subset of the headline.

In other words, if headline refers to Foa Foa, then one of the two clues is a continuation or variation of the headline. They cannot both be about Galu or it's below the writing standards of even the low bar set by SEG.

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-09, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
I ONLY see Ben as the boot. Lots of reasons, most recently heard that he's a provider. But, I recall Jeff telling us early on that "food is everywhere" and Jaison saying everyone is replaceable (to that effect).

I can't wait to vote out Ben!

09-28-09, 06:25 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
CTGirl,
I probably didn't explain it clearly enough, but that's what I said in post 12 above -- that the "me" could be Natalie. The "him" totally depends on the sentence prior. It could refer to Jaison, but that is unlikely. Most likely Jaison was telling Natalie where the tribe majority was leaning. Him would then be Russell or Ben.

But in the promo it's meant to sound like Jaison is talking about his struggle with Russell, as if Jaison is saying, it's him or me, this tribe isn't big enough for both of us. I think that's misdirection.

My number one choice for the harmless person is Natalie anyway.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-09, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
RussHell buried the HII in some dirt ... like a seed ... like a Russell seed. Maybe RussHell expects this one HII to grow more immunity.

That's my take for the title ... for now.

It's either "him" or "me".

"Me" is Jaison ... as we know. "He" could be any of RussHell, Bully Ben or Mild Mick.

The situation could be TC, where Jaison believes it will be him or me that gets booted.

"Him" - RussHell - as already written RH is having trouble keeping control ... is Jaison trying to blindside him since he feels this may be the best opportunity? But does Jaison have that kind of personality? According to Jiffys blog Jaison would rather debate merits than outplay, out maneuver.

"Him" - Ben - Jaison wants to take out someone who is an annoyance ... and isn't a threat to RussHell. I think RH wants to keep Ben around, and if RH senses that Jaison has turned on him, he'll want to give Jaison the same fate as he delivered to Marisa and Betsy. Jaison is trying to gather some support in the 'boot Ben' campaign.

"Him" - Mick - RussHell has decided not to weaken his "womens alliance" any further and wants to keep Ashley, Natalie and Liz around. RH also wants to keep challenge monster Ben, so the boot is either Mick or Jaison.

Or maybe the question is about the HII. Jaison tells Natalie that RussHell has the idol, and naively believes that it's "either him (RH) or me" when the time comes to play it.

As far as the Leader who makes an unpopular decision ... maybe RusSwell chooses silence at Galu by sending Jasmin to Foa Foa again. Considering that Jasmin just loves to hear herself, she probably told someone at Galu that being sent to the other tribe is an opportunity to find a HII; and everyone else wants that chance to find the HII.

09-30-09, 00:12 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
Some ramblings on time frame:

The new suits and shorts should arrive the morning of the RC, in tree mail. There may be some of the episode that occurs prior to the new clothes.

Possibly here, where Liz and Ashley are talking, Liz not wearing new top:

This doesn't look like a happy conversation to me.

Liz has her suit on below, as the halter tie is visible through her hair and just under her arm:

Jaison has his new swim shorts on, lying in the shelter, while Natalie says the him or me line.

Below, Liz is wearing her new suit, talking to the other women.

This Press photo is taken the day after the RC. TDT thinks this will be a two day episode, and that this is IC day. If so, the camera does follow Foa Foa after the IC. There's no press photo from that day of Galu. All the other press photos are taken during the RC.

I don't doubt that Galu gets a scene after the RC, because we know that Russell S gets in "hot water" and "crossfire" for his choice. But that is likely on the same day as the RC, whereas this Foa Foa shot is from the following day. The photo is time stamped about 2:20 in the afternoon.

Re the local Samoa time, I think maybe the camera EXIF into is set on California time, as by the time stamps the RC was run at 5-5:30 in the afternoon (not counting the puzzle portion). Considering sunset is at 6:08 pm at this date in June, the light is all wrong for it to be the end of the day. Samoa time is three hours earlier than LA standard time, which would put the RC at more like 2-2:30 in the afternoon.

That would put the girls talking at 11:20 a.m. (Sunrise is 5-6 in the morning.)
It's probably not long after they lose. Possibly the "him or me" scene was earlier, and Ashley is now clued in to whatever it is and talking it over with Liz. Natalie seems to be more the passive watcher.

Then, some stuff on the RC, even though we know who wins.

Puzzle station and mats. I don't see any immunity idol, does anyone?

Mick and Jaison look exhausted. This is about 40 minutes after the line-up shots.

Whereas John and Dave look full of energy, three minutes later.

Could the Foa Foa really be feeling weak due to sabotage?

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-30-09, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Ep 3, "It's called a Russell seed", Vidcaps"
I just looked at the CBS website where you find most of thse press pix and in it, the challenge is described as the episode 3 reward challenge. Nothing in there shows anything from an immunity challenge.

09-30-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
38. "Discussion..."
For me, RussHell is going to be targeted by Jaison this week as we know he'll try and gather an army to fight him. We hear that Mick is loyal to Jaison, and we see that Jaison is talking about this ultimatum, "him or me", with Natalie and Ashley. Well, if Natalie, Ashley, Mick and Jaison all are loyal, than they could boot anyone they choose as they have a majority. So, someone in this group will be unloyal, as we know that RussHell will survive.

We also know that according to Betsey's exit interviews, the girls were tight. So, more than likely Liz is in on this coo as well. If RussHell has to scramble, more than likely he knows what is up. Is it possible that he could be the originator of the lie to save his own hide, and thus have to scramble later to try and save his ally? If so, his ally could well end up as the boot, perhaps.

10-01-09, 06:20 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Discussion..."
Just want to say that I agree with you, FP, the fact there is a Russell seed AND a clever lie is a big coincidence. Could well be they are one and the same. Most likely recipient of Russell seed IMHO would be Ashley, because she's already on his list, and is "harmless" enough to fit the clue. She stood up for Betsy, so is a good guy per the editing.

Unless something new comes out of nowhere, never can tell who might cross Russ the next day.

Anyway, say it is Ashley, perhaps the lie starts out working, but Jaison rebels and starts a counter movement. It may start out against Russell, but it could swerve towards Ben if Ben acts out again or isn't good in the challenge(s).

I'm not so sure that Russ gets his way this episode.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •