The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Across..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-10, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. ""Across the Sea": Thoughts"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-10 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

The following quotes led to some thoughts:

Woman to Claudia:
"The same way you got here; by accident… Every question I answer will simply lead to another question. You should rest. Just be grateful you're alive."

The writers were addressing the viewers here; it would be quite an impolite way to tell the audience to shut up unless they are really saying that the answers are coming in this episode if we listen. I’ll go with that.

Mom to BiB:
“Jacob doesn’t know how to lie, he’s not like you…You’re special.”
First, Garcia had his characters wrong when he said MIB couldn’t lie. This also tells us that Jacob is innocence while Boy in Black is curious, defiant and the leader of the two.

Mom and the boys:
”There is nowhere else. The island is all there is.”

”They are not like us. They don’t belong here. We are here for a reason.”

“What makes them dangerous?”
“The same thing that makes all men dangerous: They come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same.

Interesting that Mom uses the words that MIB will be using later but Jacob, who takes her place, doesn’t share that view when he inherits the job. Jacob did learn something over time.

"This is the reason we’re here: The warmest, brightest light you have ever seen or felt and we must make sure that no one ever finds it. A little bit of this very same light is inside every man, but they always want more. They can't take it but they would try. And if they tried, they could put it out. And if the light goes out here, it goes out everywhere."

I think I know what the object of Jacob’s game is: Smokey wants to find the cave with the light, Jacob hides it.

Claudia was surrounded by a strange light when she met BiB.

Jacob and BiB:
“You will never be able to leave this island.”
“That’s not true and one day I will prove it.”

MiB to Jacob:
“I’ve spent 30 years with them. They are greedy, manipulative, untrustworthy…They are a means to an end. I’m leaving. I found a way off the island.

MIB to Mom:
"I spend 30 years searching for that place you brought me as a child. That waterfall with the beautiful light. I have walked this island from end to end and not once coming close to finding it. What if the light underneath the island, what if I could get it from someplace else? I’m going to attach that wheel to a system we’re building…Then I’m going to turn it and, when I do, I will finally be able to leave this place."

We know that the wheel did get installed. The donkey wheel works exactly as MIB thinks it will, sending someone off the island. So, this light is a portal to our world. The fact that MIB hasn’t found the cave in 30 years had to be because it was inside another portal that is activated by some other mechanism that he ignores. All the places “where metal behaves strangely” have to be portals that lead on and off the island.

Jacob and Mom:
"What is down there?"
“Life, death, rebirth. It is the source, the heart of the island. Just promise, whatever you do: Don’t ever go down there. You’d be worse than dying. Much worse…Take the cup and drink. Now, you and I are the same."

MIB woke up to realize Mom had done her own version of the purge and had filled the well.
He stabs her. (Without letting her talk)
She thanks him. (That’s more like Richard than Jacob.)

After beating the crap out of MIB, Jacob pushed him into the cave.
”You wanted to find light? You wanted to leave this place? Then go.”

After pushing him in, Smokey comes out of the cave. Note that we do not see the cave after Smokey comes out. We don’t know if the light went out. What we do know is that Jacob had learned something that we didn’t see: He knew the cave was a way off the island, that it was a portal. To where? To our world, our universe.

What happened? What does it all mean?

We’ll need to find out what is Smokey to be sure but I’ll stick with my assumption that Smokey is Chaos, Disorder, Entropy.
I’ll add that the island isn’t in our universe but that it is superimposed on it.
That’s why the island could “move” and it was impossible to find: It can only be seen through narrow portholes and, if you close them, the island disappears. And each portal leads to a different time and space on either side. That’s the reason for the time travel. When the donkey wheel was crooked, the portals would open up and close randomly within the island.
All the places with electromagnetic anomalies are doors, gates between the island and our universe.

When MIB was pushed inside the cave, he either created imbalance in our universe and forced Smokey out of it or his arrival “surprised” Smokey and the creature had to see where that body came from.
The net result was less chaos in our world and maybe a chance for the progress that Jacob has been hoping for. Jacob’s brother is dead. We had always seen Smokey using his body like he has done with Locke.

Smokey took on human form to talk to Jacob, to convince him to let him go back to his home, our universe. I think Smokey has gone over the island and cannot find the waterfall with the beautiful light again. He needs Jacob’s help so that’s why he couldn’t kill Jacob. Jacob’s game may also be that Smokey cannot kill his candidates if he wants a chance to “win” the game, find the cave and go home. However, if he wins, chaos will return to our world and it'll be destroyed.

Smokey found a loophole or at least he thinks he has. Maybe it's on the lines of having everyone kill each other so that no one is left to hide the light.

Who are the candidates? Could they all be descendants of Claudia’s people? Smokey isn’t allowed to kill these people but everyone else doesn’t have protection.

By bringing Smokey on his island, Jacob enabled life to grow on our Earth.
Maybe that’s why Mom and MIB were named Adam and Eve: Their actions led to the creation of our world and Jacob’s job evolved into protecting it.

Or all this is wrong!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Across...   mrc     05-10-10       
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   blacknwhitedog     05-11-10     1  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   dabo     05-12-10     2  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   Outfrontgirl     05-12-10     3  
   Interesting Read   Carezy     05-12-10     4  
     Who else cannot lie?   weltek     05-12-10     7  
     Ummm...   zombiebaby     05-12-10     18  
         hidden text   dabo     05-12-10     19  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   Outfrontgirl     05-12-10     5  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   frodis     05-12-10     6  
         RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   Breezy     05-12-10     10  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   weltek     05-12-10     8  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   blacknwhitedog     05-12-10     9  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   Breezy     05-12-10     11  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   frodis     05-12-10     12  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   dabo     05-12-10     17  
   Dreadful.   Max Headroom     05-12-10     13  
     RE: Dreadful.   Breezy     05-12-10     14  
     RE: Dreadful.   blacknwhitedog     05-12-10     15  
   Catch a falling star...   blacknwhitedog     05-12-10     16  
     RE: Catch a falling star...   weltek     05-13-10     30  
         RE: Catch a falling star...   dabo     05-18-10     44  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   zombiebaby     05-12-10     20  
   Who was CJ?   zombiebaby     05-12-10     21  
     my fault   dabo     05-12-10     22  
         RE: my fault   zombiebaby     05-12-10     23  
   RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   michel     05-12-10     24  
     LOL   zombiebaby     05-12-10     25  
         RE: LOL   michel     05-12-10     26  
             Found this:Smokey=light?   zombiebaby     05-12-10     27  
                 RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   Outfrontgirl     05-12-10     28  
                     RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   emydi     05-13-10     32  
                         RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   Corvis     05-16-10     37  
                             RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   weltek     05-17-10     38  
                                 RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   michel     05-17-10     40  
                                     RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   weltek     05-17-10     41  
                                         RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   michel     05-17-10     42  
                                             RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   weltek     05-18-10     43  
                                     RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   Flowerpower     05-19-10     46  
                     RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   dabo     05-14-10     34  
                         RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   Outfrontgirl     05-15-10     35  
                             RE: Found this:Smokey=light?   weltek     05-17-10     39  
     RE: Discussion Thread Ep. 6.15: "Ac...   frodis     05-12-10     29  
   some other things.   zombiebaby     05-13-10     31  
     RE: some other things.   AyaK     05-18-10     45  
   "Across the Sea": Thoughts   michel     05-13-10     33  
     RE: "Across the Sea": Thoughts   dabo     05-15-10     36  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •