The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-09, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-09 AT 05:32 PM (EST)

We are glad you stopped by the State of the Spoiling thread where we try to one-up EPMB and accurately predict the results of his show before it airs... sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not. But, we will eternally try!

Kircon certainly got us off to a great start.

Poor Marisa

If you’re new to our site, please check out our Community Guidelines that are located here.

They keep the Reality TV World board running smoothly and remind us that it is nice to be civil!

I must first start with some Inside Information that I personally received from someone at CBS. To protect the identity of my source, I will call him, or her, “The Invisible Cameraman” …or Camerawoman… Cameraperson”.

There will be new contestants entering the game in episode #2!

This is the season of “Huge Secrets”. The identity of these 4 players has been kept top secret just like what Jeff does on location between challenges and TC. That is until now! You don’t believe me?

-Wait... my pictures won't load...

- I think I have it...

- There you go!

Here is a sneak peek at the 4 new players that will enter the game on Day 4:

Natalie Dumblonde (26)
Hometown: Soon to be Los Angeles California

Brett Loser (23)
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

Kelly Mophead (25)
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.

Laura Morals (39)
Hometown: She says Salem, Ore. But really it’s LA.

Don't tell me you saw any of these peeps before?

Let’s get on to the serious stuff:

The title of Episode #2 is:

Taking Candy From a Baby

It was first brought up by Volcanic Glass and we discussed it in the thread found here

The vidcaps of the week were brought to us by FlowerPower who always does a great job to keep us informed.

We first have pictures of a game that was invented by the crew of Survivor. It’s called Schmergenball and it seems to be a cross between Rugby and Basketball.

3 players from each team race towards balls that are in the center of an arena.

They must engage in a scrum to get control of the balls

Then they must relay the balls to teammates that are standing on platforms, ready to score points by throwing the balls through some sort of hoops or goals.

From the last vidcap, we also know that Monica sits out for Galu.

Want to know what they’re playing for? VG shows us in this vidcap:

We will hear the famous “immunity is back up for grabs” and someone will receive Rupert’s old basket of goodies. Will the Samoan government have to impose quotas to the Survivor to protect the fishing resources or will the spear be lost again?

All I have to say is they better be careful with that basket of fishing supplies because the world’s oldest and hairiest fat kid will want them back next season.

"S20 will be mine, all mine!"

As we all know, the real reason for this challenge is seen in the following vidcap:

Catfight!!!!!

This time however, things go too far and…

Jiffy: STOP!!!....Out of the challenge!

Jeff has to get involved. What could it be? Remember: This was legal in season 16:

Despite Erik throwing Amanda on her “friggin’ head”, Jeff said: “I’ve never come close to throwing somebody out of a challenge before but this was a no-brainer. The second it happened it was: You’re out and you’re lucky you’re not out of the game.”

Someone does something horrible (Punch? Strangle hold?) and they will have to pay for this because Jiffy likes to limit his role to doing the play-by-play. He ain’t no John Madden although many would probably like to see him retire.

So, now I have to get to work and figure out this first question: Who is the player that gets thrown out? No one knows. How do you like that for an effort?!! I sense that you are not happy. Look, even TDT says: “Since they're not tossed from the game, seems marginally interesting.”

I must admit however that this may have repercussions later on. I never understood why the players haven’t figured out that the opponent you are irritating in one challenge could be on your team the next day and could decide your future.

The players that posters have mentioned for the DQ:

- Ben because he’s a psycho as Marisa told us in her RTVW interview. Thanks, Snidget for creating a thread where we can discuss those excellent interviews.

- RussHell because he likes to advertise his actions as BrownRoach showed us in James Barber’s transcript of the Insider Clips . This is what RussHell said: “Man, I was pissed off. I tell you what. They were over there taunting us. I'm OK with celebrating, but that's only putting fuel on the fire. That is very dangerous. Now, if I do a challenge, and one of those little girls is in my way, they're gonna get hurt. You're gonna have to take 'em off in a helicopter, cause I'm gonna break a bone. I'm gonna hit 'em so hard, I don't care who it is. It could be the predator. I'm gonna hit him so hard. I'll hit that mutha so hard I'll break my collarbone, but you know what? He's gonna move.”
Unbelievable!

- John, Dave or Erik because they’re dumb… Sorry, I mean because we see them in vidcaps at the time Probst makes his intervention.

Hold the presses: While we were looking at the possibilities, it seems Kittygrinder over at Sucks found the answer in her very first post:

There are 4 Foa Foa players sitting on the bench when there should only be 3 and one of the 4 is Ben. Great job KG!

So, Ben gets tossed, making Jeff look like a prophet when he said that Ben was a time bomb ready to explode.

The story of this episode really comes down to 3 vidcaps that were presented by Volcanic Glass: From the montage above, we know that we have only 1 challenge and it’s a combination RC/IC.

This episode should answer the riddle that Jeff gave us when he was asked to film one of the Dharma Initiative training videos:

This is what he said: “There are still hidden individual immunity idols, although how they can actually be found is unclear. We have two hidden immunity idols, but they have their own set of clues, and you can only find the one that's for your tribe, they can only find the one that's for their tribe. The problem is they're hidden at the other tribe's camp. So you have to get selected to go over there, and then you have to find it."
Probst doesn't say how one gets selected but we do know that Yasmin winds up at Foa Foa and only as a visitor because she is wearing her Galu buff.

And we know that Galu wins Reward and therefore Immunity because of this vidcap showing Shambo with a fishing net.

Thanks to CTgirl from bringing it over, putting us on the right track and giving me a headache at the same time!

But is it certain that Galu wins? Could it have been that the winners had to choose between Immunity and Reward? Ben getting the toss puts Foa Foa at a disadvantage but they could still win and choose immunity over reward. If they win, it explains why they get to choose Yasmin to come to their camp. In previous seasons, unless it was a double boot or to pillage the other tribe, it’s always been a loser that went to the other camp. We have no evidence of a double boot and it's so early that there’s nothing but flint to pillage at Foa Foa, not even socks.

A Foa Foa win would explain the sour faces from Dave and Erik seen here, although it could be the result of losing 1 round.

Or does Galu win the challenge only to choose the fishing supplies like Moto chose comfort? That would be dumb but these are Survivors we’re talking about!!! If there is one person (John) you absolutely want out and you know you have the numbers to do it, maybe it isn’t so crazy. Fishing supplies could go a long way in helping for future challenges. It seems unlikely but in a video linked below, Jeff does mention leaders have to make big choices, including some about comfort.

ETA: Forget all talk of Foa Foa getting immunity because they picked Yasmin. As goldenmike wrote in the title thread, RNO is saying that the reward winners get to send one of their own. New twist, seems weird but they should know.

So,

Galu wins Reward and Immunity and someone from Foa Foa will be making the “Walk of Shame”.

Who will that be?

Well, it won’t be Ashley who is seen in a future challenge.

It won’t be Mick who reportedly returned with a big weight loss.

It won’t be RussHell because he needs to make it longer to earn his S20 invitation and he has the numbers.

It won’t be Ben or Jaison because they are huge characters according to Probst in the EW video.

This leaves:

- Betsy: SEEBS is trying to make us think that she is next on the hit list. First, we have the Confrontation:

Next, RussHell is told something by this Secret Informant:

But the secret is out!

It's Ashley as FlowerPower figured out, saying something like: "It's in the eyebrow of the beholder!

RussHell reacts by saying: "She's full of crap! She's gonna pay for that statement, I promise you!"

FP reflects that it’s too easy so it must be misdirection. I agree because RussHell wouldn't need an informant to go after Betsy; he's already after her. The Informant must be telling him news about someone that's not yet on his radar.

I must say that many posters see Betsy as the boot and they may very well be right.

Mike: He’d be my choice if I was on Foa Foa but he isn’t a she so he’s not RussHell’s target.

Natalie: After being told not to trust RussHell, she could have said something to the wrong person and maybe she’s the one that gets the wrath of RussHell. That wouldn’t leave much of a Dumbass girls alliance for RussHell but it would explain the "woman's intuition" scene she had with Betsy at the very end of last week's episode.

Liz: Could she be the one that turns on RussHell? In this video presenting the week-end Picture in Picture football promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vo9jMmkcfo

We see that Liz is really cozying up to RussHell’s puppets.

Are they setting a trap for her? We see her high-fiving Ben.

She's a great candidate for the OFG theory with many promo shots suddenly appearing:

She was also very displeased with the racist attitude of her fellow castaways as reported by Snidget in the linked interview. It seemed that Liz had to go through the big rainfall expected on Day 10, thanks to OFG, but we may have read this wrong because it didn’t take long for race issues to surface. Being an early boot would certainly enable her friends to guess how it went and they wouldn't be inclined to ask questions.

From the press release pictures from after the challenge, there are many shots of Liz, Natalie and Betsy bonding with Yasmin.

One woman is seen with a different group:

It seems that RussHell wouldn’t be too pleased with a cross-tribal alliance that doesn’t include him. And we know what happens when RussHell gets upset.

He gets even

For what it's worth, Mike is the only one not seen in the press release images of Foa Foa's camp. Is he also kidnapped and shipped to Galu or did the camera simply refuse to take his picture?

In addition to vidcaps, we have:
- Jeff’s blog that was brought to us by Squidproquo where we learn, surprise! that S19 will be “All-RussHell-All-the-Time at least for now.

- Veruca Salt’s editing thread where Outfrontgirl, Flowerpower and I have offered our perspective on the story thus far. Smartly, OFG wants us to concentrate on the players who received confessionals before the first commercial break. FP narrows it down to her early choices: Brett, Shambo, John, Betsy, Russell S, Liz and Erik.

From my perspective, only Betsy, Mick and RusSWell received typical winner’s episode #1 edits: They had a positive presence but it wasn’t over-stated.
In recent seasons we’ve known the eventual winner’s occupation in episode #1 (flight attendant, Maine Teacher, Farmer) so that’s also good for Betsy, Mick and Shambo.
Shambo had a great episode but her edit was more flamboyant than any winner received in their season premiere.
I also like Erik’s chance because of the glowing remark he got from his leader.
Liz, Jaison and Ashley were slightly more hidden than typical winners but can still grow from that start.

An interesting question could be; when we saw these screen shots:

Were we given the first two boots or were we given the first boot and the Winner?
I hope this made you go: Hmmmmm....

ETA: For the record, CTgirl pointed out: “I thought that 20 survivors was too many people to introduce in a one-hour premiere so TPTB were using the ads to help us to get to know the bootee and help tell the story of the episode… I think the editing nicely served up John last week as the first boot from Galu”.
That could point to a Betsy boot now that we know Foa Foa goes to tribal.

To summarize:

Galu wins Reward and Immunity.

Liz, Betsy, Natalie and Mike are viable boot candidates.

Liz... Natalie... no: Liz is the one that I think will be voted out.

As a last riddle: What is RussHell hiding behind this rock?

Some speculate that he received clues to the idol or that he’s hiding the flint.

Be sure to vote in Dabo's thread and enter your guesses in the many games we have in this Forum.

Thank you for letting me do this and for reading. It's always a lot of fun to write the SOTS. Especially when we don't know.

I'm in first place in (ETA) 3 games of the 4 games I'm playing!! Darn! I forgot PTB! It's still pretty good but I want that PTB siggie.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... CTgirl 09-22-09 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Scarlett O Hara 09-22-09 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... byoffer 09-22-09 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... chinadj 09-23-09 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Brownroach 09-23-09 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... suzzee 09-23-09 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... emydi 09-23-09 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Belle Book 09-23-09 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... dreamerbeliever 09-23-09 9
   RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Scarlett O Hara 09-24-09 18
       RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... CTgirl 09-24-09 19
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... PepeLePew13 09-24-09 10
   RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... SpotTheDifference 09-24-09 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Georjanna 09-24-09 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... kingfish 09-24-09 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Snidget 09-24-09 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... kircon 09-24-09 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Flowerpower 09-24-09 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... CTgirl 09-24-09 17
   RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Brownroach 09-24-09 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Outfrontgirl 09-24-09 21
   RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Outfrontgirl 09-25-09 22
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Outfrontgirl 09-25-09 23
   RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Flowerpower 09-25-09 24
       RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Brownroach 09-25-09 26
       RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... Belle Book 09-25-09 27
   RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... emydi 09-25-09 25
 RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S1... michel 09-25-09 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-09, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Thanks michel for a very entertaining and informative SOTS! I liked the references to past seasons too.

I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't give you a headache at least once a season.

Liz is my alternate choice for boot but since Jaison and Mike also talked about race, I'm thinking that there is more to this story. If we didn't have 19 survivors left, I'd think that she might go. I am sticking with my theory that EPMB is using the promos to tell us who to look for. Betsy is the obvious boot, but with them beating us over the head with RusHell, nothing is subtle about this season! Even though I think Betsy is the boot this week, GREAT SOTS!

Setup by Tribe

*Ahem, clears throat, Sir, I am in first place in PTB!*
(That won't last either!)

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-22-09, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Woo and Hoo! Awesome SOTS Michel! Thank you very much for helping to keep me up to speed. I don't doubt for one minute that it will be either Liz or Natalie making the walk of shame this week. Great job and a Great read!

Burned by tribe

Read me.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-09, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Great SOTS, Michel. I hadn't been thinking of Liz, but her edit in ep 1 was consistent with an early boot, and her personality is also consistent with that.

congrats.

chinadj 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-23-09, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chinadj Click to send private message to chinadj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Great SOTS, Michel.
I have to admit that you got me there! I was still clinging to my theory that there were MORE than 20 survivors this season... And then I thought you were on to something!
I hope you're right about Liz. She'd be the best choice for now, although I wish it were a Galu boot instead.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Phenomenal SOTS, Michel.

I think another reason Mike can be excluded this week (besides OFG theory indicating he should be safe) is this from Jeff's blog:

PERSONAL INSIGHT: Voting out Marisa over Mike Borassi? I think it was a mistake. I like Borassi a lot. He’s a great character, but Marisa was strong. Foa Foa made their first mistake and I think it will cost them in challenges.

Jeff knows what is going to happen. Were Mike to be booted next, he'll have performed in only one more challenge, which won't have that big an impact on Foa Foa. I think "it will cost them in challenges" implies that Mike was kept on a bit longer (I feel virtually certain he will be one of the evacuees.)

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Nicely done Michel (and in the games too )

I like Liz for the boot this week. In Marisa's Survivor's Podcast interview her impression of Liz was that she was sneaky and always flitting around (like RussHell). If Russ see's that she is playing a game similar to his by talking to everyone he may want her gone.

Bad girls have all the fun

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Very funny and informative SOTS!! Great job michel

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-09, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Possible, but I don't think that's the case. Maybe it's because I don't want to think that Liz is going home. I think Betsy will probably be going home, although there's an outside chance Natalie will go home or even Liz (though I hope not!)

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-09, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Great work michel, very well done! Enjoyed.

Any post that mentions Rupert, you have my complete attention. Little spoiler tid-bit on "my guy", check out Rupertskids.org website. Ruperts apprearance scheadule over say the past 6 months and compare it to the next few months. Pretty bare with only the monthly Rupert Kids meetings being scheaduled. No public.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
That can only mean ONE thing dear dreamer ... Rupert's on the next version of A$$! Woo and Hoo! Wonder if I can check Robfadda's and Ozzy's schedules too?

Read me.

09-24-09, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
I won't spoil the news here - but TDT has all 20 rumored to be on A$$ on his website under Survivor 20...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"

>

>
>There are 4 Foa Foa players
>sitting on the bench when
>there should only be 3
>and one of the 4
>is Ben. Great job KG!

Not only that, but this shortage apparently has Ashley going up alone against Yasmin and John (?) while RusSwell has the presence of mind to tie up Jaison. We see several scenes of RusSwell and Jaison tangling, so clearly this is a Galu strategy to take advantage of the extra man. More evidence that Galu wins this challenge and that it's Foa Foa going to TC.

Great job with the SOTS, michel! You've done a real comprehensive job.

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-24-09, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-09 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

I guess this is a bit late, but I have a question: We're speculating that Ben gets thrown out of the challenge because he's sitting on the bench. What about the 4th Galu member shown outside the challenge in that vidcap (the one who's standing by the fence)? Is she participating in the challenge, or are there just really 4 people sitting out per tribe?

ETA: Ah, I got it now. Galu has one extra member

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-24-09, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
A truly memorable SOTS!

Thank You,

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Wow. That was as good a SOTS as we've ever had. So well done, and so comprehensive.

Thanks.

And thanks for your naming of "Schmergenball".

You deserve a sig for that.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Woo hoo, shout outs.

Great SOTS!!!

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Great SOTS Michel. I've been busy preparing for a vacation and haven't had a chance to keep up. Thanks for all your hard work, I appreciate it and so do others.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
A GREAT job on the SOTS, even above and beyond your usual, michel! Well done. And, frankly, I think you have nailed it. Liz became a real red flag for me when she appeared all over the press images, and as you point out in the PIP as well. I firmly believe that Betsey will be one of the meatier characters of this season and thus should be here for quite some time, or maybe just long enough to orchestrate the RussHell boot???

Regarding this quote...FP narrows it down to her early choices: Brett, Shambo, John, Betsy, Russell S, Liz and Erik. Well, as OFG notes in the Editing thread, clearly there are a few red herrings in the initial segment, as we already saw that Marissa was one. I now firmly believe that John and LIZ are also red herrings left in there. I'm with you, I expect a Liz boot tonight.

Thanks for all that you do, michel!

09-24-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Michel - read what TDT says in their Twitter feed today - either he thinks just like you or he read your SOTS (or both!)

"Tune in for #Survivor tonight, where America may learn that there are people named "Kelly" and "Laura" on Galu! They may even get to talk!"

"Our (largely editing-based) logic in predicting that Liz will be the Ep2 bootee on #SurvivorSamoa is here: http://tinyurl.com/yafuu37";

http://twitter.com/truedorktimes

09-24-09, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-09 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

TDT: Liz, on the other hand, didn't really factor into the Russell storyline at all, but she was highlighted in the Ep1 IC losing shot, following Probst's dismissal...we don't really see a reason to highlight both Liz and Mike after the Ep1 IC (along with Marisa), since neither received a vote at the Ep1 tribal council.

Marisa, Liz and Mike had just lost the IC with their slow work on the puzzle -- they were all shown immediately post-IC as possibly in danger for that reason, imo. I seriously doubt it was intended to forecast anything else.

Liz could conceivably become an out-of-nowhere target, and she's my alternate pick again this week. I don't think she's much longer for the game but my hunch is this is not her week to go.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
michel,
sorry to be late in responding, but loved your SOTS, so much to think about. Enjoyed the funny bits, and appreciated the Dharma training film ref.

Tough call this week. You make a good case for Liz.
I think there wasn't enough story arc, but sometimes editing goes that way.

A slight correction on the OFG theory thing. I've said this many times, but it never seems to take. The theory was just that the bootee will be in the previews in something more than a group shot/challenge shot, and that a non-appearance (Mike, this week, and I would say Natalie, and Jaison, although I haven't been through them all, means a good chance of safety. (Doesn't hold 100% although it did back in the season I noticed it.)

I never said that the person inserted in subtle ways is more "OFG theory" than the person shown right up front being in trouble. That is some other theory that someone should name. I said that the insertion MAY be subtle or non-conflict related, but it may also be right in our faces. Totally depends on whether the editors are trying to hide that episode's boot or whether it's the lead story.

That is always the question, every week, how much is blatant, how much is misdirection - and OFG theory can't really help with that.

09-25-09, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
PS. LOL that I said Mike would be safe.
OK, technically he was not the boot, so that works.
They did a decent job of hiding his evac, except a lot of people noticed he was not in camp after the challenge ... and that only one would go to another camp. So there was spec he was being looked at by medics, congrats on that folks. I guess they're saving the evacuation hype for the second person.

(If Yasmin is still in the game long enough to quit when it gets tough, I imagine she will.)

09-25-09, 07:17 AM (EST)
23. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
>>>An interesting question could be; when we saw these screen shots:

Were we given the first two boots or were we given the first boot and the Winner?
I hope this made you go: Hmmmmm....

hmmm ... let's note this for when the words "they would never do something that obvious" come into play next time.

The question was, IIRC, who will stop him?
Will anyone?
Just to play devil's advocate, we also learned Russell H's occupation in Ep 1, or at least the occupation he made up for CBS.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-09, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Well, I just wanted to jump in and congratulate all of you that held firm with the in your face boot, Betsey! It wasn't exactly her presence in the promos that made me deny that it was her, but all of the positive editing she got in the opening segments of the first show. I really believed that there was something more to her story than just being an insignificant second bootee. Man, it's back to square one...is there any story to this season other than RussHell's?

09-25-09, 03:09 PM (EST)
26. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
I really hate it when one person monopolizes the whole season. It gets boring real fast. (i.e., it already has.)

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-25-09, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
Thank you. I didn't really want it to be Betsy, but I wanted it to be Liz even less.

Don't worry -- I think there'll be more stories other than RussHell's this season. It'll just take awhile for them to emerge, Flowerpower.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-09, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
In the new web video over on CBS...no vidcaps yet the next 2 shown this way are Mick and Liz

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-09, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: State of the Spoiling (SOTS) S19 Samoa: Episode #2"
First, I want to thank everyone for the very nice words.

I had it all wrong but that's the name of the game.

There were 3 things I got wrong in this SOTS:

- Mike being medevaced
- Betsy getting the boot
- The 4 invisible contestants getting airtime.

I apologize for misguiding you.

That being said, the one that bothers me the most is that we still haven't heard from Mophead, Loser and Dumblonde while Laura had insignificant airtime.

Mike? If SeeBS cares so little to what happened to Mike, why should we?

Betsy? If every boot had been as obvious as this one then there would never have been a need for spoilers.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •