The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Insider Transcript Episode 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-09, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Insider Transcript Episode 1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-09 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

As always, courtesy of the great James Barber

Tribal Council Voting

Find out what each tribe member of Foa Foa had to say as they cast their votes at Tribal Council

Betsy (Ashley): Ashley, you may not be the weakest link in the challenges, but you're the weakest link at camp.

Liz (Marisa): I'm so sorry. I tried to do my best to keep you until the next immunity challenge, but there are too many people who want you off the island.

Mike ("Marissa"): Marisa, you started the whole plot against me, so this is payback for you.

Ashley (Marisa): When I hear you are trying to vote me out, I have to vote you out. I'm really sorry.

Jaison ("Marrisa"): <no comment>

Marisa (Ashley): I'm voting for you because you're aligned with Ben.

Ben ("Marissa"): This should come as no surprise. You barked up the wrong tree, now you're going to feel my coconuts when they come down and nail you.

Russell ("Marissa"): I'm the one that got the ball rolling to get you out of here. If you played with fire, you'll get burned.

Mick (Ashley): Mike, I told you I wouldn't write your name down, so I won't, but this might spike (?) me later. (votes) This is strategic.

Natalie (Marisa): I'm voting for Marisa and I really, really hate this. It's for a couple of reasons. First, it was the majority, and I did tell Mike today I would not vote for him, which again put you in the majority. But I think you are an awesome competitor and I think this will hurt our team. I'm sorry.

Secret Scene: Marisa

Marisa leads the women of Foa Foa in a palm frond-weaving circle

Marisa: The one thing I know how to do is weave palms into different things. Should I just go ahead and start weaving some roof shingles?

Mick: Absolutely. Sounds good.

Marisa (to Liz and Ashley): I guess we don't know how long the shelter's gonna be, but it doesn't matter, because we can make more shingles. Let's get a few and we can all start together.

Ashley: Marisa, how old are you?

Marisa: How old do you think I am?

Ashley: Oh my God!

Marisa (nervous laugh): I'm not playing that game.

Marisa (solo): I kind of got a palm frond weaving circle going, but ultimately, I'm not worried about building the shelter. It's gonna be my social game that gets me forward.

Natalie: Well Betsy, what do you do?

Betsy: I'm a police officer.

Marisa: I knew it! You know what, I said, she seems so nice, she's either like a veterinarian or a (?) or something, but watch, she's gonna turn out to be a prison guard or something in enforcement, and you sure enough were.

Betsy: Good intuition.

Marisa (solo): My strategy here is to really play to the women. (Ashley tells Marisa they should stick together) I hope to worm myself into their little hearts and then slit their throats at the end.

Marisa's Final Words

Marisa reacts to having just been voted out by her tribemates

"Tonight's really difficult for me to swallow. I think the two most vocal guys just went after me and created a scene around me in Tribal. I think what that tribe should have had on their mind was most unity, however I think they'll find that voting me out wasn't the answer. I haven't insulted anybody, I haven't done anything but stand up to the one person that got under everyone's skin. I shouldn't have done it. I should have just let him say whatever he wanted and bark as many orders at me as he wanted to, but I didn't, and he makes trouble, so he made it around me, because he didn't like me and was threatened by me. It was stupid on my part and I'm really sad to be going home."

(cut)

"You get so prepared mentally and you think you're making the right moves but I knew this morning it was a mistake to say something back to him. I'm really, really upset I did, because after that he came gunning for me. I know before that Tribal Council not everyone was going to be voting for me like that. He definitely set it up so that was so. I made some mistakes. I trusted Russell initially and then he went around and screwed my words and came back to me. He told me honesty was the most important thing. In the beginning he told me the one person he didn't trust was Ben and he was gunning for Ben to be gone. So now I think what he did was make his worst enemy his friend and I think that will bite him in the end."

(cut)

"Overall I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. I'm in a beautiful location, and I did meet some really nice people. I'm just having a hard time dealing with it because I never thought I'd be the first person voted off, but I guess nobody does. I really think that's a huge double standard going on because I was kind to everybody and didn't insult anybody. Ben spent the whole time insulting people. He insulted groups of people, he insulted people individually, he didn't do anything but talk and talk and talk smack. I think there's a huge double standard and the only person I stood up to was him because he barked orders at me and was really rude to me. He was a lot stronger than I thought he was and he built a big fire around me and all anybody wanted to do was put it out. I understood why they did what they did and I don't hold any animosity towards anyone and I just, I'm grateful to have had the experience, however short it may have been."

Marisa the Day After

Marisa reflects on her short time in the game

"I'm very proud of myself because I learned no matter what situation I'm put in, no matter how hungry or thirsty I may be, I have no choice but to be a sincere person, even if that means being unkind to someone because I truly don't trust them. It ended up getting me kicked off the game, but I ultimately feel more impressed with myself and I'm glad to be carrying myself around as this person and certainly not anyone else on my tribe."

(cut)

"The men on my tribe really came gunning for me. They were really scared of having any strong women on their tribe. Absolutely, aside from Betsy physically, I was the strongest woman on our tribe, period. I was the only one who would be competitive against the women of the other tribe. It's not surprise to me that they lost, especially where the women were concerned."

(cut)

"Hindsight is 20/20. I guess if I'd been paying more attention to all the things Russell was saying I would have realized not only couldn't he be trusted, but he was out for me because I knew he was lying to everyone. That's difficult. I was interested in a democracy and a unified tribe and they were all kind of tricked into a dictatorship."

(cut)

"I don't think I would go back and lie and manipulate right off the bat, because that's just not who I am. I thought I could but it turns out I can't and I'm proud to learn that about myself."

(cut)

"I think I'm going to take back a message to my nieces and my little sister and the women in my life that being a strong woman is way more important than getting any kind of validation from a man."

(cut)

"A big turning point for me in the game was when I found out everything Russell said to me was a lie and I saw him constantly talking to people around me. He saw a window of opportunity when I got into an argument with Ben. He used that. Ben and Russell created such a commotion around me that didn't exist that they actually tricked the other people into believing it. If they would have followed their hearts they would have known I was the good guy and those were the bad guys. It was a bad mistake and they had to pay for it."

(cut)

"Having my torch snuffed out and walking out of Tribal Council was very difficult for me because I thought I had been treated really poorly by the two main bad guys in our tribe. They were cruel to me, they played practical jokes on me, they were demeaning, they tried to make me look terrible. Cruelty is just not acceptable anywhere. The best I could do was hold my head up high because the more I struggled, the worse it looked. I just had to take it and move on. The most difficult part was not being voted off, but being treated so poorly."

(cut)

"Ultimately I leave this experience and go home with a stronger sense of self, with motivation to go through school, like I planned. Knowing this is a once in a lifetime experience that hardly any other people in the world will have, even though it's been hard, this experience has been wonderful."

Ashley's Strategy

Ashley Trainer of Foa Foa shares her thoughts on why she feels she has what it takes to become the next Sole Survivor

"I think first impressions can definitely change, especially when you get to know someone. A lot of people, when they first meet me, soem women say they're really intimidated by me, then they get to know me, and they say that's the stupidest thing they ever thought, because I'm not intimidating at all. I feel like definitely first impressions can change."

(cut)

"In the game, since a lot of women look at me as intimidating, I'm going to try to show the women right away who I am and get them to really like me. I'm not a mean girl. I'm going to show them first and maybe a couple of us can group up and take in some of the guys."

(cut)

"I believe I will win Survivor, 100%, because I have the brains to do it for sure. I've seen every single season of Survivor. There's not a season I've missed. I don't know if these people have seen all the seasons. I've seen how people win this game. I'm going to use a lot of those different techniques and kind of make it my own game. Just make sure I don't backstab a lot, because I feel like at the end with the jury, if yo ubackstab everyone, they're not gonna give you a million dollars."

Ben's Overconfidence

Ben takes a cocky stance with his abilities to survive in the wilderness

"In the woods, I'm definitely the strongest competitor. I can make fire, I can do anything out here. I'm not worried about that; like the surviving point, it's a piece of cake for me. The challenges? I'm an all-around athlete so I'm not really worried about that either. I'm really confident in myself in this game. I'm just making alliances with the people that I know."

(cut)

"It would be very foolish of them to get rid of me. The girls like to eat, they like the crab. Natalie's a picky eater, she doesn't like to eat anything else, she doesn't like the coconut, we haven't found any other fruit or anything. She's told me, 'I appreciate everything you've done around camp. I don't want you to go because you're an asset to this camp and this team.' And I am. I'm an outdoors guy. I think that's what threatens Mick. When he was chosen as leader, they didn't know anything about us, just going off looks. That was fine. I wasn't put out by it. I know I"m a natural leader and people just follow. I don't try to micromanage people."

(cut)

"I think Mick made some alright choices today. We needed some height to get over the obstacles. It was one of those things. I would never have picked Marisa because I don't think she's smart at all. I think she's an idiot. But what can you do?"

Galu's Papaya Tree

Erik returns to camp carrying a large papaya tree over his shoulder as he tribemates watch in awe

(John, Barrett, and Dave see Erik walking up)

John: Look at this! He's walking down the beach with an entire tree over his shoulder. I think he's only part human. I'm not even gonna go help him because he's so bad-##### when he does it all by himself. I'm not gonna ruin his moment.

(Erik tells them he ate one and it was great; Kelly walks up and marvels as they try to put the tree in the ground)

John: I think we have a little shade at our main beach here. Dig a little hole...

Erik (tugging at a papaya): This is gonna feed like three people.

John: Which can we eat?

Kelly: Don't open any of them.

Dave: None of them are ready. They have to start turning yellow.

Erik: I ate one, it was a little less green. I wish I had the skin, it was one of the most delicious...

Kelly: I'm so hungry.

Dave: Do you think they'll ripen faster if we cut 'em off? Anybody?

Kelly: What?

Dave: Do you think they'll ripen faster if we cut 'em off the tree?

Erik: The tree's dead now.

John: The tree's still living though...well, let's dig a hole and make this like a resort.

Erik: If nothing else we can get some shade out of it but I think we can get some good meat.

Dave: Oh we'll totally get nutrients out of it.

(Dave and John hold a papaya and Dave eats some)

Erik: The other one was a little softer.

John: Is it edible though? If it's edible I'm gonna eat some, I don't care if it tastes good.

Erik: Dude, I just had one and it tasted like Thanksgiving dinner over there.

John: It tastes sweet. I'm getting a bit of sugar. It's not coconut, which is the only thing we've had this far.

Dave (to Erik): I had a vision, bro. You can plant this as deep as you want but the wind's gonna blow this right over.

(they try to plant the tree at an angle, but it still starts to fall. Dave says he's just going to sit the tree on the ground.)

Building Galu's Shelter

Galu's newly elected leader, Russell, describes the pressure of leading his tribe in constructing a shelter without having prior experience in the wilderness

"Let me tell you how I feel about the fact that I had to lead this group of people in building a shelter. I've never camped before, so even if we had a pup tent, I wouldn't know what to do other than open the box and take the doggone thing out. Here I am in a scattered field of bamboo , tree saplings, coconuts, and somebody says, OK, I need to build a shelter for ten people to sleep on, that's not on the ground, that's comfortable, and has a roof over it? I was sick to my damn stomach. I knew at the end of the day, we go back, and Mr. Man, JEff Probst, catches wind that a shelter didn't get built, I'm dead. That's it. I don't care how crafty I try to be in terms of this whole strategy of trying to be the coach and not the leader. If we go back and there's no shelter and God forbid we lose the challenge and go to Tribal Council, I know what's coming. (pretends to be Jeff) 'So Galu, I heard you guys don't have a shelter. Wow! And you lost the first challenge, and now here yo uare at Tribal Council. Doesn't that begin to make you think...' I'm dead. Even if they were thinking they weren't gonna write my name down, I'd get voted out. I was like, 'Russell, I don't care, you've gotta dig deep, you've gotta make this happen. Period, end of discussion. The only thing I could think of was we've got bamboo, I remember episodes on TV where people were building rafts. Build a raft, lift it up, throw some palm fronds over the top of it, and you're good to go. It's a raggedy shelter, but guess what? It got done! (laughs) It got done. Jeff can try to do all the red meat he can but I'm gonna be like, 'Jeff, we have a shelter. It got done.' I think I did a pretty good job amongst my other teammates having zero experience building shelters. We did it."

Monica's Personal Quest

Monica of the Galu Tribe shares her childhood background and how it will aid her in winning the game

"I have island in my blood. We spent most of our summers in Puerto Rico as a kid. I was a beach kid. You had to beg me to come inside from the water. I was digging pits in the sand pretending to make huge (?). I loved the water and I loved swimming and I loved the sand and I loved the island. It's in my blood. It calls to me. That's why I think it's perfect that I'm here. It's kind of like the island has called to me. Not to be corny or anything, but for sure. It's going back to my roots. This is where my ancestors are from. This is where I came from. This is where I'm returning to."

(cut)

"I feel extraordinarly blessed and grateful to be out here. It's really important to me I go far in this game. I can't even explain to you how much it means to me that I fight and rock on in this game to the end. Not a lot of people get this opportunity, get to come out here and fight for their life literally and survive on an island with very raw material. It's caveman, it's very exciting. As a female, in a society that expects females to do their hair and do their makeup all the time, it's really nice to get down to the nitty-gritty for a while and not have to worry about all that crap. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. Out here it's not. It's gonna be nice."

(cut)

"I am a total girly-girl. I'm not gonna lie. I love the makeup and I love doing my hair, but I can't deny that it gets really tedious. It's annoying. TO be thrust into a situation where I have to be a tomboy, I have to get down to the nitty-gritty, I think it exposes a whole other side of me. Not only to the people watching at home but to me. I think it allows me to grow as a person and expand my journey even more. It's awesome. I love it."

Prayer to the Treemail Gods

Four members of Galu get in touch with their spiritual side as they ask for the blessing of the treemail gods

(Kelly, Monica, John and Dave each put a hand on the water source and decide to say a prayer)

Dave: My dad's a preacher. I'll do the honors. Please help us to win challenges, and food, and fire, and friends, fame, and money. Thank you very much. Peace out.

John: Peace out.

(they start to look for food)

Dave: I'm probably gonna be reviled in the Midwest for that.

Kelly: Where are you from, Dave?

Dave: Oklahoma.

Kelly: Really? What do you do there?

Dave: I don't live there anymore, that's just where I'm from. I teach boot camp. Oh...I should be working. (starts trying to help find food)

John: So, not to change the subject, but if these are banana leaves, there should be banana trees. Where are the banana trees with the bananas, one would ask.

Dave: I like the way this guy thinks.

Kelly: I haven't seen any fruit.

John: That looks tall...

Kelly: Did they tell you you look like Mogli?

John: Oh, I get that. I get Aladdin. I think I'm gonna be Aladdin for Halloween. I usually get a brown Ryan Reynolds, but I don't see it at all.

Kelly: A little bit. You kind of look like Kevin Spacey.

John: Wow! Is that a compliment? He's smart I guess.

Kelly: Only from like Se7en, and American Beauty, when he was really weird.

John: The really weird, creepy Kevin Spacey. Nice compliment. Cheers.

Shambo's Recliner

Yasmin is elated as Shambo introduces her to an organic recliner

Shambo: I made a recliner. Come on. See what I'm saying? I want you to hang your shoes up.

Yasmin: That is so cool.

Shambo: It's not cool having wet shoes. So if at night, you're at camp, go to the far log right here, once you get to these two stumps you can see the flag, then head this way. My recliner. (Yasmin laughs as they get to the recliner) No, you're laughing now, put your butt right there and sit back on that. You're gonna love me forever.

(Yasmin sits on the pile of fronds and says it's nice)

Shambo: You gotta lean that way though. Isn't that something else? And these are my blankets for at night when I get cold. (she puts fronds on top of Yasmin, who is still in bliss)

Yasmin: This is nice. I love you. I do. (Shambo touches Yasmin's forehead)

Shambo: You get some sleep. This is your night mask. (tries to put a leaf on Yasmin's eyes) I'm cracking myself up.

Yasmin: This thing is comfortable.

Shambo: I know, baby, that's why I made it. OK, have a good rest.

Yasmin: Don't let me sleep too long cause then I'll be up talking tonight!

Shambo: No, seriously, you need to sleep. I don't need you getting bitchy.

The 39 Year-Old Grandma

Laura reveals a shocking detail about herself that leaves most people stunned after hearing

"The most uncomfortable thing when I tell people, 'So what do you do, what's your situation?' and I'm like, 'Well, I'm married,' 'That's great!', '21 years,' '21 years! Were you 7 when you got married?' I tell them about my kids, I have a beautiful daughter Sierra that's 20. 'You have a daughter that's 20?!' Yes. Then I tell them I have a son Brandon that's 18. 'You have a son that's 18!?' Then I have a son named Adam who's 15. You kind of hesitate..."

(cut)

"Grandmas aren't necessarily known for being really strong and agile and tough, and I'm flippin' strong and tough! (laughs) Do I really wanna play my stroller grandma card right now? It was really flippant. So I'm just like, 'Yeah, I'm a grandma.' I think that caught 'em off guard a bit."

(cut)

"It's totally flattering when somebody says, 'Oh, I thought you were 25.' Or when I still get carded. I love that. I love that. Then when you drop the g-bomb, oh by the way I'm a grandma too, you have to go through the whole, 'What! You're a grandma?' You don't want to get egotistical. 'Oh really, I don't look like I'm a grandma?' You don't want to do that. But definitely yeah it's nice when people say you're a grandma, you don't look like a grandma. Or that I don't act like a grandma. Who wants to act like a grandma? I don't. (laughs)"

Shambo's First For Knowledge (probably supposed to be "Thirst")

Knowledge is power, and Shambo embraces that statement by living a life of constant learning and discovery

"Through this process of life, I don't think that I've ever read a book in my entire life that I absolutely, positively did not have to read. I have never read a book for fun in my entire life. Fun, on the other hand, to me is like medical journals, studies of how the human body works. That fascinates me. That's a need-to-know, because knowledge is power. How the human body works is one of the only thing I read. Tendons, diseases, (picks up a leaf) what nutritional value does this have, I find that fascinating. What can I eat for Vitamin C in the state of Washington? I can chew on pine needles. Cool. I don't have to take my Vitamin C. I can chew on pine needles while I walk my dogs, and of course I actually do that, because I think it's cool, cause I learned that. I took the same math class for 4 years in high school. Pitiful. But I got an A in it in the fourth year. That's one of the reasons I did so well at that puzzle, because to me that wasn't a puzzle, it was match. All I had to do was count pegs, visually inspect where they were, look at it. I think the gal next to me was trying to color coordinate them, or size, I don't know. But it's math. Am I smart? (shakes her head) I am worldly in the ways of knowledge through things I have experienced and things my brothers and sisters have experienced. I think I've gathered knowledge from other people's experiences and use for my own. If that makes me smart, I guess I am smart."

Survivor Barbie

Natalie shares her newly given nickname

"I found out last night Ben has officially coined me Survivor Barbie. I'm not really excited about that role at all. Yeah, I played with Barbies as a kid, and I love Barbies even to this day, not that I play with them, but I think Barbie is Barbie. An All-American doll that little girls play with. I've always been a huge fan. But when you're out here playing Survivor, that is the last thing you want to be coined, as Survivor Barbie. That is in my head not exactly a positive connotation, because that means makeup, heels, probably not competitive, probably can't do anything. That's tough, because once again I'm gonna have to prove even harder, prove them all wrong, that you know what, I'm not a weakling, I'm very competitive, I can do it, which I'm not afraid to fill those shoes, because I know I can, but once he said that, I think everybody probably thought the same thing. They might not have thought it in their head initially or said it in the beginning, but after he made it so verbal, yeah, I think everybody's probably thinking the same thing. That scares me because I think it puts my head on the chopping block, initially, that I'm like just an easy one to take out, which stinks, because I feel like I'm a valuable asset for my team. I know how I've performed, I know I've performed well in challenges, and I've helped out at camp. That kind of stinks. At the same time maybe it's a little bit of a compliment, the ALl-American girl, as far as that goes, maybe it's a little bit of a compliment. But I still think it's an uphill battle for me."

Tough Guy Mike

Mike boasts that his tough-as-nails attitude will get him far in the game

"I lived in the Caribbean for seven years, so I love the islands. That's where I got my apprentice for cooking. I was on a French island for 6-7 years. This feels real good to me. I feel real at home."

(cut)

"There were no schools when I got into it. I apprenticed with frog, French chefs down in St. Martin, in the Caribbean. I learned the hard way. The first year all I did was peel vegetables. The second year all I did was pluck pheasants and skin rabbits. I apprenticed in the strict French system of culinary arts. Mean, heroin-addicted, violent French chefs from Mees and Marseille. I learned the hard way. Now these kids go to culinary school, they come out 2 years, they think they're chef. I say hey, I'll give you a job as a dishwasher, how's that?"

(cut)

"To be honest with you, I'm really a nice guy. I may look like I'm different, but I'm really a nice guy. In real life, loyalty to my friends is everything. My friends and my family. I don't have a big family bloodwise but I have a handful of friends and they're my family. I'll take a bullet for 'em. I want to make them feel that way with me, and then as we start dwindling down and the time is right, I'll start slitting their throats in their sleep and they won't even know it."

(cut)

"I have no idea what these kids are thinking of me and who I am or what I do. I can make 'em feel easy, be funny if I have to, make 'em laugh a little bit. When the time comes, and they gotta go, it'll be business."

(cut)

"It'll be like it is in real life, when you get whacked. You don't know it's coming, and it's usually from your best friend. If someone crosses me, they will pay."

Russell's Leadership

Kelly supports her leader, Russell, and boasts of his ability to be an excellent motivational speaker at camp

"Russell should be a professional speaker, I think, a motivational speaker. He has good things to say and he's super-supportive of everyone. He makes sure everyone's taken care of and healthy and hydrated. Making sure no one is getting overwhelmed or working too hard, and everyone is comfortable with what's going on. I don't think he's gonna be someone that's gonna have a dictatorship by any means. I think he's very supportive and has a good heart, and I think that's exactly what we need right now in the beginning. The first little bit's gonna be tough and I think having a positive support system is huge."

(cut)

"As far as I know I think he's been making really good decisions. I would hate to be a leader, I would hate to be put in that position. There are things I don't know. I don't know how to build a shelter. There are a couple things I can help out with, as far as that. I kind of trust that they know what they're doing and if I have any suggestions or ideas I'll chime in, and everyone listens for the most part. Things are going pretty smooth, so far."

EW deleted scene. Russell H:

"Man, I was pissed off. I tell you what. They were over there taunting us. I'm OK with celebrating, but that's only putting fuel on the fire. That is very dangerous. Now, if I do a challenge, and one of those little girls is in my way, they're gonna get hurt. You're gonna have to take 'em off in a helicopter, cause I'm gonna break a bone. I'm gonna hit 'em so hard, I don't care who it is. It could be the predator. I'm gonna hit him so hard. I'll hit that mutha so hard I'll break my collarbone, but you know what? He's gonna move."

(cut)

"I feel safe with this vote tonight, but I'll never feel comfortable in this game. My alliance is all girls. That's dangerous. That's more powerful than Marisa could ever want to be. I'm gonna break that up too later on in the game."

----------------------------------------------------------------

From Mike's, Mick's and Natalie's voting speeches it appears that before Marisa did herself in with Russell, the TC votes were going to Mike and Ashley. That was edited out. It explains why Jeff says in his blog that he thinks they made the wrong decision by booting Marisa over Mike.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1 Outfrontgirl 09-19-09 1
 RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1 michel 09-20-09 2
   RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1 sol 09-20-09 3
       RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1 michel 09-20-09 5
           RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1 sol 09-20-09 6
   RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1 sol 09-20-09 4
       RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1 Flowerpower 09-21-09 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-09, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-09 AT 11:09 PM (EST)

First, much gratitude to James Barber for the hard work, and thank you BR for the posting.

You guys should at least watch this papaya tree segment, more entertaining than most of the episode. Prayer to the Treemail gods is fun too. I just like being at Galu where there's no RussHell!

From these clips, Kelly seems to be playing a good social game with John, Dave, and Erik, as does Brett, and John is not as annoying as the show made him out to be, and people aren't uptight at him.

OMG, is everyone from LA clueless about tropical fruit? Don't these people go to Maui?

Bananas are not trees, John! They're stalks that die after they fruit and send up new stalks from underground roots, and it takes 2-3 months for a fruiting stalk to ripen, so if the bananas aren't good and formednow, they won't be eating bananas in 39 days. that said, not a bad idea where there are banana plants there ought to be bananas ... they grow in clumps ...

Then what kind of idiot cuts down a mature papaya tree that took at least a year or three to grow? That thing would be churning out papayas for their whole stay, but now it's dead.

They don't know if green papaya is edible? Have they never been to a Thai restaurant and noticed the main salad is Green Papaya? Really dumb for people who knew they were going to an island. I would think either Laura or Monica, who grew up on tropical islands, could advise them, but where are these ladies?

Sorry to rant, but it hurt to see that Erik cut down a beautiful fruiting tree.

Shambo putting Yasmin to bed is funny too. I'm guessing Shambo performed a mood swing intervention on that one.

Papaya clip
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=VvSVLvZe7MXZylquTtiqxsaGchSG8Aym&vs=Clips&play=true

Final rant, WTF with Kelly telling John he looks like Kevin Spacey when she's there with DAVE, who's a dead ringer for Spacey? I had to watch the clip to see if she really meant John. I think being cute and blonde must be Darwinism in action saving specimens of the genus Eyecandiasus from an otherwise sad fate.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-09, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1"
Thanks for bringing this over, BR.

What I get from this is that RussHell is an even better schemer than we saw. Mike thinks HE's responsible for voting out Marisa, Ashley felt threatened by her and others think it was Ben that made the decision. No one even mentioned that Marisa was voted out because she saw through RussHell.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-09, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1"
I can certainly see why you would see it that way Michel, but I see it differently. I read Marisas words as everyone knows RussHells is someone that nobody really trusts or believes ... they just went along with him to avoid attention being drawn to themselves.

Marisa said

"Tonight's really difficult for me to swallow. I think the two most vocal guys just went after me and created a scene around me in Tribal. I think what that tribe should have had on their mind was most unity, however I think they'll find that voting me out wasn't the answer. I haven't insulted anybody, I haven't done anything but stand up to the one person that got under everyone's skin. ...

"... I'm really, really upset I did, because after that he came gunning for me. I know before that Tribal Council not everyone was going to be voting for me like that. He definitely set it up so that was so. I made some mistakes. I trusted Russell initially and then he went around and screwed my words and came back to me. He told me honesty was the most important thing. In the beginning he told me the one person he didn't trust was Ben and he was gunning for Ben to be gone. So now I think what he did was make his worst enemy his friend and I think that will bite him in the end."

Ultimately RussHell and Bully Ben will have to turn on each other. The real game player is going to whisper the right words to either one and the boot of Bully Ben or RussHell will happen ... likely before merge. Either one would be a good candidate to take to F2 however.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-09, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1"
In the sentence you underlined, Marisa is talking about Ben not RussHell. She stood up to the guy who was giving orders in camp.

Anyway, you see it more the same way I do in your following post where you write: "I don't think it was even him that got the ball rolling". Whether or not it was him that got the ball rolling, voting out Marisa was RussHell's mission. Marisa knew RussHell was slimy so he cut her out before she could get the rest of the tribe to see it her way.

A great schemer is someone who gets his way without being blamed as the instigator. Mike and Ben get a lot of the blame, from the tribe.

09-20-09, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1"
Okay ... I thought she was talking about standing up to RussHell rather than Ben ...and I can see that Ben was getting under everybodys skin. And after Marisa confronted RussHell he went off the handle pretty quickly and promoted her boot.

But the speed with which he reacted to Marisas challenge to his motives is not the way a calm, cold calculator works. I just don't believe - based on what I have seen - that RussHell is smart enough to be a schemer.

Mike knew he was vulnerable and reacted in a typical way ... deflect his weakness and promote someone elses weakness. RussHell didn't scheme for that to happen.

Ben is Ben ... an evil jerk who looks for weak women to prey on rather than intelligent, sensitive, strong women who stand up to him. He said pre-season that he had never been turned down ... well, Marisa shot that down on national TV. RH didn't have to scheme for Ben to be a butt-hole.

Yes, RH talked some of the tribe into voting for Marisa ... again for Mike it was just a case of anyone but me and he convinced Mick and Liz not to vote for him.

Ashley said early in TC that if she goes she goes ... it's just a game. She knew there was a plot to boot her. But her compliant attitude was different than Marisas willingness to stand up for what she believes during TC, and confront RH and Bully Ben. That may be why JP said after the eviction that maybe the tribe will be more united.

Did we even hear from Liz, Jaison and Mick? But they knew what direction the majority was heading and voted strategically for their future. It's possible they decided on their vote at TC.I don't think that took any scheming by RH either.

09-20-09, 02:26 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1"
As always, there is some telling info in the comments while voting.

Betsy (Ashley): Ashley, you may not be the weakest link in the challenges, but you're the weakest link at camp.

A definite assessment of what she shes. She's in an alliance with Marisa (RTVW interview with Marisa).

Liz (Marisa): I'm so sorry. I tried to do my best to keep you until the next immunity challenge, but there are too many people who want you off the island.

Just going along with the majority, staying UTR.

Mike ("Marissa"): Marisa, you started the whole plot against me, so this is payback for you.

Anybody but me ... actually wanted Ashley gone first. Likely agreed with Betsys assessment that Ashley is weak around camp.

Ashley (Marisa): When I hear you are trying to vote me out, I have to vote you out. I'm really sorry.

Aligned with Bully Ben and RussHell with Natalie tagging along.

Jaison ("Marrisa"): <no comment>

Another UTR

Marisa (Ashley): I'm voting for you because you're aligned with Ben.

As much as she didn't like or trust RussHell, she disliked Bully Ben even more.

Ben ("Marissa"): This should come as no surprise. You barked up the wrong tree, now you're going to feel my coconuts when they come down and nail you.

While RussHell is playing a role, Ben is just evil.

Russell ("Marissa"): I'm the one that got the ball rolling to get you out of here. If you played with fire, you'll get burned.

Pretty full of himself, I don't think it was even him that got the ball rolling. Mike wanted to boot Ashley (to save himself - playing the game), but Ashley is in his alliance. Marisa challenging him made it easy to deflect the vote away from Ashley.

Mick (Ashley): Mike, I told you I wouldn't write your name down, so I won't, but this might spike (?) me later. (votes) This is strategic.

Influenced by Mike, originally intended to boot Ashley according to Mikes wishes.

Natalie (Marisa): I'm voting for Marisa and I really, really hate this. It's for a couple of reasons. First, it was the majority, and I did tell Mike today I would not vote for him, which again put you in the majority. But I think you are an awesome competitor and I think this will hurt our team. I'm sorry.

Another one fearful of drawing attention to herself ... and was influenced by Mike. Agreed that Marisa deserved better, but the majority speaks and she follows.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Insider Transcript Episode 1"
A nice interpretation of the votes, sol. Must say I agree, 100%. What bums me out about this season is the quality of people they've gathered here. I know they want to mix it up, but I think they have reached a new low. These are NOT normal, average people. RussHell is a pathologic liar, while Ben has got SERIOUS anger management issues and a superiority complex, which, btw, is most likely just compensation for his severe insecurities.

And when they feature the evil ones so prominantly, it's just downright not fun to watch...I don't know, I sure hope the other tribe members in the tribe wake up and smell the coffee soon, as I don't think I could stomach an entire season of this.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •