The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-09, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all sigpic-free discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until 11:00 p.m. EDT and that's all I have to say about it because I just spent the last two and a half hours stuck in traffic with no food or water or chance to get a bathroom break without worrying about a police car with really bright headlights and I don't have time to give you the usual bit bye!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Picking a leader frisky 09-17-09 1
   RE: Picking a leader Estee 09-17-09 2
       RE: Picking a leader CTgirl 09-17-09 31
 RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... Snidget 09-17-09 3
 RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... Estee 09-17-09 4
   RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... frisky 09-17-09 7
       RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... CTgirl 09-17-09 30
   RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... vince3 09-17-09 28
 RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... Snidget 09-17-09 5
   RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... Brownroach 09-18-09 38
 RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... Snidget 09-17-09 6
   RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... Estee 09-17-09 11
 Shambo take the Snidget 09-17-09 8
 EvilRussel Snidget 09-17-09 9
   OMG!!! northernlights 09-17-09 12
       RE: OMG!!! PepeLePew13 09-17-09 15
           RE: OMG!!! michel 09-17-09 29
 If Miserussell and gNatalie had chi... Estee 09-17-09 10
   RE: If Miserussell and gNatalie had... vennui 09-17-09 13
       RE: If Miserussell and gNatalie had... Snidget 09-17-09 18
       RE: If Miserussell and gNatalie had... Estee 09-17-09 19
 RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... AZ_Leo 09-17-09 14
   RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... Snidget 09-17-09 16
       RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Co... AZ_Leo 09-17-09 20
 Season of cheap-looking Home Depot ... Estee 09-17-09 17
 For the record: Estee 09-17-09 21
   RE: For the record: Snidget 09-17-09 22
       RE: For the record: thndrkttn 09-18-09 35
   RE: For the record: PepeLePew13 09-17-09 23
 Vote PepeLePew13 09-17-09 24
   RE: Vote PepeLePew13 09-17-09 26
   RE: Vote Belle Book 09-17-09 27
 Live post-episode discussion -- Estee 09-17-09 25
   RE: Live post-episode discussion -- Round Robin 09-18-09 32
       RE: Live post-episode discussion -- sol 09-18-09 33
           RE: Live post-episode discussion -- jbug 09-18-09 36
       RE: Live post-episode discussion -- mhdallas 09-18-09 34
           RE: Live post-episode discussion -- Ahtumbreez 09-18-09 37
               RE: Live post-episode discussion -- Round Robin 09-18-09 39
                   RE: Live post-episode discussion -- dabo 09-18-09 40
                       RE: Live post-episode discussion -- CTgirl 09-18-09 41
                       RE: Live post-episode discussion -- Estee 09-18-09 42
                           RE: Live post-episode discussion -- PepeLePew13 09-18-09 44
                               RE: Live post-episode discussion -- Outfrontgirl 09-18-09 46
                   RE: Live post-episode discussion -- Ahtumbreez 09-18-09 43
                       RE: Live post-episode discussion -- ADKer 09-18-09 45
                           RE: Live post-episode discussion -- PepeLePew13 09-18-09 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Picking a leader"
Tabby, pointy ears, well-groomed, (checks under tail), female.

09-17-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Picking a leader"
At least you came dressed for the game. I'm getting really sick of single-outfit seasons, and this has all the earmarks of UniLaundry Week.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Picking a leader"
Cripes, they're living on a beach and we have to watch them run around in their underwear again?

They're all color-coordinated by tribe again this season, down to Jaison's orange undies.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Pick a leader, any leader.

So when doe the hammer come down on the highest nail?

09-17-09, 08:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
We need more time. The premiere should be ninety minutes and the first five are for introductory shots. Right now, this is just a milling mass of badly-dressed bodies and hyper-sensitive egos.

*looks around*

Actually, right now, we arguably need more audience. Did everyone get this fed up with Miserussell already? Just too soon after Natalie, I guess...

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Information overload. Can't take eyes off TV in case I miss pertinent info on one of the bodies flashing across the screen. More than one hour needed for sure.

09-17-09, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
20 Survivors is way too many, but at least we know the winner is probably one of the few who did get a confessional tonight.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
For me, it's that my stomach has been giving me grief all day, so I've been taking it easy, and decided to not stress about Survivor tonight. Decided to not need the aggrivation, and listen to the College Football game instead.......

09-17-09, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So is all the racist stuff because some dude thought Liz looked smart?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Liz = immediate pill. I wonder if that's going to be her entire edit.

09-17-09, 08:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
EvilRussel makes alliances with all the ladies.

09-17-09, 08:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
He just needs a lot of love in his life after the trauma of the hurricane.

09-17-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
8. "Shambo take the"
Bossy old lady you all aren't working enough role.

09-17-09, 08:29 PM (EST)
9. "EvilRussel"
Tells Katrina lie, adds in a dog, empties out all the canteens.

Not there for the money, just to show how easy it is to win the game.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "OMG!!!"
EvilRussel has me LMAO! He may well be the reason I actually WATCH the show this season instead of just listening!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: OMG!!!"
Yeah, EvilRussell is really making me laugh... pure evil. And he has his tribe all hollering at each other in the morning, yet nobody suspects him. Yet.

I don't know how anyone didn't put two and two together that he took off for a while and then came back later - and poof, everything is gone.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: OMG!!!"
Most likely, everyone took off at one time or another.

09-17-09, 08:31 PM (EST)
10. "If Miserussell and gNatalie had children..."
...well, you always wondered where the apocalypse would come from. Now you know.

'Oil company owner'. Is there some way to not make that equal 'giant jerk'? (And 'jerk' isn't the word I wanted.) On top of everything else about his charming strategy -- and I'll get into this in Bashers later -- we just found out that the personal property rule is as follows: there is no personal property rule. Miserussell can set anything of someone else's on fire and nothing. happens.

Broken rulebook.

vennui 702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-09, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vennui Click to send private message to vennui Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If Miserussell and gNatalie had children..."
Can a owner of an oil company disapear for 39 days ?

09-17-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: If Miserussell and gNatalie had children..."
Depends. A lot of upper management get 6 weeks of vacation time and so it may not be out of line for what he does.

But then I don't know we should trust anything he says. He may be lying to us and production as much as the other survivors.

09-17-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: If Miserussell and gNatalie had children..."
I'm sure he has people to speculate prices up to over $200 a barrel for him.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-17-09, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I remember when I couldn't wait for each new Survivor season to start. Somewhere in the last few seasons I lost that feeling to the point where I didn't even realize it was starting tonight. I also decided to record it and watch the Bones premiere not because I thought I would watch it again (which I would have done in past seasons) but so I can fast forward through it if necessary.

Please, someone say they saw something to make it worth my time to watch it. At this moment I feel no enthusiasm about doing so.

09-17-09, 08:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
You want to understand Estee's Basher threads?

There does seem to be a good mix of personalities so far, but there are so many people it is kinda hard to keep track of everyone.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor #19 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I discovered with BB and other shows that I don't have to watch to enjoy a good Estee thread. I'll read those under all circumstances.

09-17-09, 08:42 PM (EST)
17. "Season of cheap-looking Home Depot leftovers."
This challenge brought to you by some spare planks they stole from the construction project two miles away.

09-17-09, 08:51 PM (EST)
21. "For the record:"
I'm already sick of Miserussell and his total lack of ability to comprehend the word 'consequences'. But he's not as bad as Benji.

Yet.

09-17-09, 08:53 PM (EST)
22. "RE: For the record:"
At least so far he seems to have some self awareness and knows when he is telling lies.

I prefer that over the ones that believe the delusion with all their black little hearts.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-18-09, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: For the record:"
"At least so far he seems to have some self awareness and knows when he is telling lies.
I prefer that over the ones that believe the delusion with all their black little hearts.

Exactly. If you want to be the villian, fine by me. I love a good villian. But at least admit it and don't play the self-rightous "I played with integrity" role.

09-17-09, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: For the record:"
Quite a pissing match between Marisa and Russell in TC. Hmmm.

09-17-09, 08:55 PM (EST)
24. "Vote"
Marisa 6
Ashley 3
Tenth vote unshown.

09-17-09, 09:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Vote"
7-3 was the final vote in favour of a Marisa boot, with Betsy/Marisa/Mick voting for Ashley.

Next week looks like a real rough challenge with several people getting nicked (including one gash on the face of one of the guys. Jiffy kicks one of the contestants out of the challenge. EvilRussell later goes on the war path in camp.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-09, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Vote"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-09 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

At least Russell didn't target Liz. I should've stuck with my first instinct that Marissa would be the target on the vote thread. Still, I did pick the boot in the Pick the Boot game -- even if I should've gone for Ashley instead of Russell H. as the second person to get votes. Oh well.

Belle Book

09-17-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
25. "Live post-episode discussion --"
-- now begins at http://www.myinfochat.com/ in the Recreation & Sports room. (Hopefully given an hour or so to work on it in real time, we'll be able to name as many as eight contestants. And hate as many as nineteen.)

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-09, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
I only need to hate one, and that one's name is RUSSELL FREAKING HANTZ!!! Even if I didn't know from SeeBS promos and postings here that Russell was by far the evillest b@st@rd ever to pollute Survivor with his presence, I would have hated his f---ing guts the 1st time he opened his mouth. What an arrogant son of a b$tch!

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-18-09, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
Ah, c'mon Round Robin ... don't hold back ... tell us how you really feel.

Before the season started I looked at both tribes and thought Galu would visit TC quite often, but between Russells dastardly deeds and Galus teamwork - including their victory dance, I now think Foa Foa will get to know Jiffy quite well. They appear to be a team divided ... just like Russell is planning.

Galu could have won the RC too, if pretty boy John hadn't sucked so bad. Take off your jeans when you go for a swim, the denim will be like concrete very quickly.

Shambo, it's a social game ..ya gotta socialize ... it's not the Marines, it's not work, work work all the time. Having fun together paid off big time for Galu in the IC.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
I told DH the same thing about the jeans.
Swim in your underwear!
and if you're not wearing underwear?
swim nekkid!
This is survivor! No modesty here

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-09, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
I agree wholeheartedly - I hate short, bald Russell more than anyone else. I don't care if he's an oil company owner, but the way he weaseled up to all the girls and made them his 'dumb-##### girl alliance' really ticked me off. This is obviously a man who doesn't know how to deal with women and my bet is on the female police officer (sorry, I don't know their names yet)being the one to finally figure his sorry butt out. Although if any of the others are smart (and being in Fao Fao, that remains to be seen), the fact that he told everyone to vote Marisa out after she supposedly 'threatened' him ought to let everyone know how devious the little rodent is.

I mean, come on - it's one thing to play the game strategically, but emptying everyone's water and burning someone's sock was just plain childish. What a friggin' joke this little idiot is. And it's early yet!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
I have a hard time hating someone that wants to be hated. It's that perverse gene in me. So for now I'll just regard Russell as a minor irritation and an idiot.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
Trust me, that little SOB is lot worse than a minor irritation. Why Burn-it doesn't have a rule against burning people's stuff nd pouring their water out is beyond me. If I was on Foa Foa and found out he was pulling that bull$hit, he'd be out of he game and so would I, for murdering the little buzzard.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
Basically, there are a couple of rules in Survivor that Evil Russ could be found guilty of having violated. But there are, unfortunately, some gray areas in these rules.

1. Any player's personal property is their personal property, it cannot be taken from them, period. Possession, however, means having that property secured, on one's person or in one's backpack. A sock left out to dry, gray area as far as possession is concerned.

2. Assualting another player or violating the laws of the host country is strictly forbidden. Does dumping out the limited supply of drinking water constitute assualt? In my mind it should, but I don't know the laws in Samoa re. water rights. In America in the Old West there were some laws regarding water rights, and what he did could have been regarded as a hangable offense.

09-18-09, 02:28 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
Thanks for that insight Dabo. I was wondering why Russell was allowed to get away with that.

This sums it up - Steven Fishbach twittered this picture from TDT.

09-18-09, 03:55 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-09 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

'Laws of the host country' is halfway easy here: Samoa is an American protectorate. If it's illegal in the States, it's very likely illegal there. As such, you can currently put Misirussell down for petty theft, with more to come.

09-18-09, 04:42 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Samoa an independent country, separate from American Samoa?

Either way, I would expect that CBS has all these rules and contracts signed by each of the contestants, so in their minds, their rules apply over anything else.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
You are right, Pepe.

This is Western Samoa, which used to belong to Germany, and is now independent. It has never been politically associated with the USA. The country it has many ties with would be New Zealand. They just changed the driving rules to left hand drive so that ex-pats in NZ and OZ could send cars home to family.

In Polynesian culture, which Samoa embodies in an unusually pure way, property is treated more fluidly than here. There is much gift-giving and hospitality. Gifts should be reciprocated. Those who don't get this may see items disappear. Petty theft from tourists is a known annoyance when traveling there.

As for dumping out a tribal water supply, I have no doubt that if RussHell were staying in a real Samoan tribe that he would have been in major trouble, but he isn't.

I think the main concern with theft from other players has been the HII, which has been declared off limits no matter where it is stashed. It can only be given away.

I don't think this situation has ever come up before. Producers probably want to see if he'll get caught.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-09, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
My point is that Russell would be more irritated to be found a minor irritant than hated and reviled.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-09, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
While not disagreeing with any of the negative observations about Russell, I have to admit that I did appreciate the "dumb-a## blonde alliance" label. It is about time that someone called some of these bland blonde contestants what they are. They really don't add much to the whole Survivor story and often seem to help boot potentially interesting contestants. Even if one is watching for the great bikini bodies, there have to be better ways of getting those views.

09-18-09, 10:31 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
Ben? Is that you, Ben? Nice to have you here with us!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •