The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-09, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-09 AT 02:58 PM (EST)

I want to start out this thread for this season with a HUGE thanks and extreme appreciation to Volcanic Glass and the Survivor Phoenix website, and to Trish for the Survivor Fever website, for all the long hours and hard work they do to record and then post all of the phenomenal video captures for each and every commercial/promo that airs on the CBS network. Without you, it would be almost impossible to spoil the show that we love to predict. So, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, and THANK-YOU! You both ROCK!

Here are the vidcaps for episode 1, "Huge Secrets", as posted at Survivor Phoenix...

Huge Secrets - Full Promo

V/O: This fall, TV's biggest adventure gets even bigger with a super big Survivor Cast...

Kelly Sharbaugh(Galu Tribe): There's 20 of us...

V/O: Huge Secrets!

Russell Hantz(Foa Foa Tribe):I can control how they think...

V/O: Colossal betrayals...

Natalie White(Foa Foa Tribe): For a million dollars I can do just about anything...

V/O: Ginormous fun....

Jiffy: "GO!"

V/O: And, one of these castaways will become the biggest survivor villain ever...camera zooms in to 2 girls in the challenge, then to Natalie White(Foa Foa Tribe), Mick Trimming(Foa Foa), Marisa Calahan(Foa Foa Tribe), John Fincher(Galu Tribe), Dave Ball(Galu Tribe)

Marisa Calahan(Foa Foa Tribe): "Now he could be the devil incarnate..."

V/O: The biggest survivor is coming and this time size matters...

John Fincher(Galu Tribe): LAUGHING

ETA: Thanks michel for clarifying the contestants!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" michel 08-30-09 1
 RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" sol 08-30-09 2
   RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" michel 08-30-09 3
       RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" sol 08-30-09 5
           RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" michel 08-30-09 6
               RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" PepeLePew13 08-30-09 7
               RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" sol 08-30-09 8
       RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" chinadj 09-10-09 12
           RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" vince3 09-10-09 13
           RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets" knuckles487 09-17-09 14
 I'm out. Estee 08-30-09 4
 Each tribe gets two boats for camp? IceCat 08-30-09 9
   RE: Each tribe gets two boats for c... Flowerpower 08-31-09 10
 New Promo Brownroach 09-10-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-09, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
Hello FP, so glad you brought all of these over here. I'll second your thanks to Survivor Phoenix and Survivor Fever but you deserve our thanks for giving us a place to discuss these screen captions.

Regarding the "?" you left before certain contestants, they are all right except for the one before the "devil incarnate" quote. That's not Ashley but Marisa again. She's also one of the "2 girls in the challenge" that the camera zooms in. It's early but I'd say she's a front runner for the OFG theory.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-30-09, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
And HUGE THANKS to you FloPo for your efforts in bringing them to Blows

Firstly ... the girl who says "Now he could be the devil incarnate", is not Ashley, but rather Marisa Calihan.

My guess is the statement that "this time size matters" is a referral to Palau when 20 people arrived on the island, but only 18 got to stay and play ... this time 20 get to play.

In this shot Marisa is shown getting ready for the water portion of the 1st challenge.

Then she may be struggling with the balance beam.

This could make her a target by 'the devil incarnate', who JP clarifies in his "take on the players" as Russell Hantz, found at

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

This could indicate that Foa Foa lost the first challenge and Marisa is on the chopping block ... or Mike

Something else I found at Survivor Phoenix is this shot of the players paddling their canoes (catamarans? )

In the catamaran in the foreground we see ... front to back ...

Laura - Galu
Mike - Foa Foa
Marisa - Foa Foa
Russell Swan - Galu
Kelly - Galu
Dave - Galu.

The more distal catamaran has ... front to back ...

Natalie - Foa Foa
Mick - Foa Foa
Betsey (?) - Foa Foa
Brett - Galu
Jaison - Foa Foa

They are paddling to an island and they already have their buffs.Naturally I wonder why mixed groups are on the catamarans.

Also, Jaison, Russell H. and Marisa are on a pad to start the water challenge ... and it looks like a retrieval of stepping blocks if this shot is to believed

But from this shot from Survivor Phoenix we see Jaison emerging from the water with something much smaller than what Russell is carrying.

A key perhaps ... to unlock the next portion of the challenge.

08-30-09, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-09 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

TDT makes a very good case that there are 2 challenges in episode #1 and that Foa Foa actually wins the one shown in FP's vidcaps because we see fire in some of the Foa Foa camp shots:

Evidence of the second challenge comes from Jiffy revealing the idol wearing a pale blue shirt instead of the darker one seen at the start of the challenge presented by FP:

Sol, that screen cap of the mixed boats is intriguing. I don't know what to make of it.

08-30-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-09 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

Michel ... not only is Jiffy wearing a different shirt, but he is also sporting a cap at the Idol reveal.

Also, there are a couple of Immunity Necklaces visible in the start of the beam challenge.

Ben and Russell Swan

In this press release, found at http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

the second paragraph reveals:

Surrounded by coconut palms in a land steeped in tradition, the Samoans who inhabit this island have a proud history and strong sense of community that has enabled their own survival. From the start of the game, Survivor embraces this Samoan culture by incorporating an ancient tradition of electing an individual leader of the village. Without speaking, both tribes must immediately choose one member of their group to become their sole decision maker, their chief. How important will the role of tribal chief be in determining the fate of each tribe?

Now less than 3 weeks to do a lot of speculating.

More about the canoes:

In the closer boat we see Erik at the back - Galu, and Laura (?) - Galu, in front of him

The farther boat has - from front to back
Yasman - Galu
Monica - Galu
Brett (?) - Galu
Dave - Galu
John (?)
Shambo - Galu

In this shot,

the farther boat has:
Liz (?) - Foa Foa
Mike - Foa Foa
Marisa - Foa Foa
The Devil - Foa Foa
and the person behind Russell H. looks like Ben - Foa Foa

This shot

features Natalie - Foa Foa
and Mick - Foa Foa

Now here's where is gets weird:

In this shot we see, Laura, Mike, Marisa, Russell Swan, Kelly and Dave.

But in this shot

we see Russell H. behind Marisa. Clearly 2 different canoe excursions.

Edited to correct spelling

08-30-09, 07:50 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
I think that the Foa Foa leader is Mick, not Ben because that necklace is around the male with the tan jacket.

Also, in the picture where you list "Laura, Mike, Marisa, Russell Swan, Kelly and Dave" we can see a big right arm sticking out behind Marisa. Russell H is on that boat in front of Russell Swan.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-09, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
I think Ben is also behind Russell H and in front of Russell S - it's the camera angle that makes it look like there's not much in between, but clearly there's someone between Marisa and Russell S.

08-30-09, 10:32 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
Thanks for your input michel and PePe. But as I look at the water, it is much calmer in one shot than the other. In the calmer shot the reflection seems brighter, while there are threatening clouds in the shot with choppy water.

I think you are right about the Foa Foa leader michel, Mick is seen elsewhere wearing a jacket. My mistake, thanks for correcting.

chinadj 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-10-09, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chinadj Click to send private message to chinadj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
In response to what Michel said, "Sol, that screen cap of the mixed boats is intriguing. I don't know what to make of it."

Well, I was looking at what TDT has to say about Exile and HII's < http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_samoa/spoilers/e1/exile.htm >

"Probst says "There is no Exile Island this season, simply because, you know, we felt like, 'We've done that... enough.'"
...But there are still hidden individual immunity idols, although how they can actually be found is unclear. Probst: "We have two hidden immunity idols, but they have their own set of clues, and you can only find the one that's for your tribe, they can only find the one that's for their tribe. The problem is, they're hidden at the other tribe's camp. So you have to get selected to go over there, and then you have to find it, .underneath their eyes." So how does one get selected, exactly? Probst doesn't say."

So is it possible that the reason the boats have mixed Survivors is because they've been selected, somehow, to go to the other tribes camp?

TDT goes on to say:
"(Probst): "Now. Shut up and listen carefully to what I'm about to say. There is one, very small, secret loophole that exists, that can help you bypass tribal council. All you do....(cut to "CBS sensor" frame)"
Is this part of the "selection" scenario? If the other tribe picks you to come over, you don't have to go to your own tribe's tribal council? If so, the logical place to put this twist would be after the IC. So maybe it will come into play in Ep1, after all."

Also, for what its worth, I agree that Russel H is in front of Russell S in the front boat. But I think there are 8 people in that boat, There is another head between Russel Swan and Dave, by Dave's left shoulder. And the farther boat, I think that's Ashley near the back, not Brett.

The trouble with this scenario, is that if both tribes select survivors from the other tribe, and you get to miss Tribal Council, does somebody from the other tribe have to go to Tribal instead?
maybe I'm overthinking again... Just can't wait til next week.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
Sounds like a modified version of China's "kidnapping" twist......

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-09, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Vidcaps, "Huge Secrets""
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-09 AT 09:48 PM (EST)

>TDT goes on to say:
>"(Probst): "Now. Shut up and listen
>carefully to what I'm about
>to say. There is one,
>very small, secret loophole that
>exists, that can help you
>bypass tribal council. All you
>do....(cut to "CBS sensor" frame)"
>

.....is if your tribe loses the IC, just ask to be put on the other tribe. The first, and only the first person to do this then becomes a member of the other tribe and bypasses TC. Of course you only want to do it if you feel you are a huge target on your tribe, or if you want to make out with someone on the other side.

Of course I know that isn't it, but the way it is worded above doesn't sound like it's something like being saved because the other tribe selects you to come to their camp. The wording makes it sound as though it is some action that has to be done on the part of an individual to exercise a loophole themselves. Like chant a secret mantra or build some kind of sacred totem pole, etc.

Does anyone know if there is something in Samoan culture that would allow a person to be spared from a sacrafice or some other unpleasant ritual?

edit because I forgot about my other questions.

Does it say someplace that this loophole is involved in the first episode? (because I didn't see anything like that)

Also, what's the chance that JP was just screwing around and nothing like this actually exists?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I'm out."
The scriptwriter just used 'ginormous' in a sentence fragment?

Have a nice season.

Is one hour a week enough to master weaving?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-09, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Each tribe gets two boats for camp?"
Looks like two purple painted boats and two yellow painted boats.

After tribes are assigned and they get their buffs and flags, they paddle off to their respect camp beaches two boats per tribe.

The flags appear to draped on the sterns of the boats. The purple tribe's flag is laying flat across the stern facing up and the yellow tribe's flag is riding higher on it's pole but dipping down into the water.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-09, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Each tribe gets two boats for camp?"
Nice to see you, Icecat! I'm with you...I am not too concerned about the different sitings on the boats. Most likely, as Icecat suggests, the one with different daws is most likely an arriving shot, while the ones with them delineated into their perspective tribes is most likely them leaving their arrival site...or something along those lines.

Wanted to say well done to michel and sol, I did read something about the first twist of choosing a leader immediately. The leaders are probably given a necklace to wear as the leader, or as is speculated, perhaps the leaders are given an immunity necklace that lasts past their tribes first TC...

I also agree with TDT's spec and with sol's analysis so far of the 2 different challenges, as well as the breakdown of that first challenge, that is seen in the full promo. No sign of the II, Jiffy is wearing a lighter shirt, most likely it's the RC. It does look as though in the first part of the challenge, as those have speculated, that 3 members are chosen to participate, they are seen on their respective mats, as the rest of the tribes look on. The 2 guys run to a distal point in the sea, retrieve a key on a ring, when they arrive, the next guy goes, the strong ones, to retrieve the bundled wood piles, to be used as steps up to the balance beam, that has a rope twisted around it, in it's entirity. The third person, the girls for each tribe, have to take the key on the ring, and place the ring around the rope and get it along the twisted course, wrapped the length of the beams...once it is through, there most likely is another portion of the challenge, that may require some building from the bundled logs, as well as the rest of the tribe mates.

I also agree with TDT's spec, that the smoke around the Foa Foa camp most likely indicates a Foa Foa reward win.

Finally, we do know that historically the boot is featured in the early promos visually, as this may be all the fanfare they get...I love the very early spec from those above that have suggested Marisa fits this bill quite nicely! GREAT early spec!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "New Promo"
A new promo aired last night that was completely about "Evil Russell." Foa Foa must be going to TC first if they're already focusing on his "villain" storyline so heavily.

TDT has a few vidcaps of the ad, and he and Fever have posted more caps of the two challenges.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •