The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Probst talks about Samoa"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-09, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Probst talks about Samoa"
I thought we could put all Jiffy's interviews here. He talked to IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/101/1018708p1.html

Here are some key points:

IGN TV: What can you say about Survivor: Samoa?

Jeff Probst: A very aggressive season from the participants and from Samoa. We lost a couple of people to evacuations and we emerged with, I think, one of the most notorious villains. When you think about how many years we've been on, to break into that ranking… you gotta play. And this person said from day one, "I'm coming here to tear it up and either go home early or I'm gonna be here late, but nowhere in between." And they lived up to their word!

IGN: So, how would you rank Samoa?

Probst: Well, here's the thing. After Gabon and Tocantins, I thought Tocantins would be one of our most favorite and Gabon would be an also-ran. It turned out the audience really liked Gabon and I think they thought Tocantins was okay. So I might be done predicting! Because I'm not right very often! I can say about Samoa that there are some extremely memorable moments. I can think of four right off the top of my head where when it's over, you'll go, "Yep, yep, yep, yep!" And one of our most compelling characters, out of 300 some people that have played. So that's what I would say./

It sounds to me that Jiffy isn't too hot about Samoa.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Probst talks about Samoa Estee 08-27-09 1
 Tribal Council Orientation Video michel 08-27-09 2
 Jiffy discusses the cast... PepeLePew13 08-27-09 3
   SurvivorFever has the transcript Brownroach 09-01-09 4
       RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... Belle Book 09-01-09 5
       RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... sol 09-01-09 6
           RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... Brownroach 09-02-09 7
           RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... Outfrontgirl 09-03-09 8
               RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... sol 09-03-09 9
               RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... Brownroach 09-03-09 11
                   RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... sol 09-03-09 12
                       RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... Brownroach 09-03-09 13
                   RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... Outfrontgirl 09-06-09 18
       RE: SurvivorFever has the transcrip... goldenmike4393 09-03-09 14
 RE: Probst talks about Samoa kingfish 09-03-09 10
   RE: Probst talks about Samoa michel 09-03-09 15
       More on the evacs sol 09-04-09 16
           RE: More on the evacs michel 09-05-09 17
           RE: More on the evacs Outfrontgirl 09-10-09 19
               RE: More on the evacs Outfrontgirl 09-10-09 20
 TV Guide Preview CTgirl 09-13-09 21
   RE: TV Guide Preview sol 09-13-09 22
 Haven't seen this mentioned yet,. Estee 09-14-09 23
   RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet... Belle Book 09-14-09 24
   RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet... Outfrontgirl 09-14-09 25
       RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet... michel 09-14-09 26
           RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet... Outfrontgirl 09-23-09 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-09, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Probst talks about Samoa"
Or he's finally realized that his idea of good television doesn't always mesh with what the audience was hoping for.

I may be asking too much there.

08-27-09, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Tribal Council Orientation Video"
So that we don't get Lost, Jeff gives us a tour and some advice about tribal council.

http://www.tengaged.com/blog/NerdyBones/117988/survivor-samoas-tribal-council-tour

A look at the TC set qualifies as spoiler, doesn't it?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-09, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Jiffy discusses the cast..."
Here are his thoughts and assessment of the cast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdAAafs9eTw&feature=player_embedded

(waits for the transcript to pop up somewhere on the web as there are no captions)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-09, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "SurvivorFever has the transcript"
http://www.survivorfever.net/s19_jeff_probst_cast_assessment.html

Survivor Samoa - Jeff Probst
Cast Assessment

Jeff Probst:

This group reminds me a little bit of Fans Vs. Favorites in terms of there's a sense of fun.

Erik is a guy that, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Erik win. I like him, there's something about Erik that I root for. I think he's a scrapper. I don't think that guy would ever think of giving up but I do think he will double-cross as soon as he has to.

Ashley is already surprising me. I actually thought coming in that Ashley was just a bubbly fun person but the more I've seen her out there I actually think there's something to her. I think she's really got some spunk, some true gut. It wouldn't surprise me at all for her to go deep in the game.

Dave Ball is a very interesting guy. Highest IQ, maybe of all time. His IQ was 140 and I'm pretty sure that's the highest we've ever had. Dave has something to prove, I don't know if it's to family or to himself, part of the reason he's out here is to prove that he can do it. Now, Dave could easily self-destruct. That's going to be his biggest challenge is to stay out of his own way.

Russell Swan is pretty likeable. He's a great talker. He's got this engaging way about him. I don't think Russell can win the game. It's not that he's not savvy enough. I don't think Russell is built for a game like this that requires so much deception. So somebody is going to lose, I think it's going to be Russell.

Russell Hantz is the closest thing to evil we've ever had on Survivor. The guy has got a diabolical mind. He's got this great big idea that if I sabotage my own tribe they'll be so weak they'll be out of the game. Well that might be true but so will you. It is a tribe game for a long time. Russell has either forgotten or is unaware that this is a social game. He may get second, he damn sure aint gonna win.

Brett's a bit of a dark horse. He's kind of hanging back with a cheery smile and "I just wanna do whatever I can to help out and play hard at challenges." But there's another side to Brett. He's done a good job of not revealing a lot. He could bode very well in this game. Typically, the less you show, the better off you are. Brett hasn't shown a whole lot yet.

You know they say sometimes when you meet somebody they tell you everything about themselves the first few minutes if you really listen...I don't even think you have to talk to Kelly. You can just look at her. She's got "caution" and "trouble" tattooed on her body. And she's so cute, 9 out of 10 guys are gonna go..."I don't care I'm gonna take a chance anyway" and they'll probably pay the price for it.

The funny thing about Shannon is, everybody thought her name was Shannon, she said, I go by Shannon, that's what my name is...and then I asked her one day one, what's your name, "Shambo." She just reinvented herself. What a great name, Shambo. And I like her mullet, fits her to a T. Girl rides a Harley, you can see her hair blowing in the wind. She's an all American person. A real person there.

Yasmin is a question mark for me. On one hand she seems very athletic like she could do very well at the challenges. On the other hand, not really sure how she's gonna feel about going into the woods to go to the bathroom. I don't know about Yasmin. If she was first off I wouldn't be surprised. I just think she's used to a softer life.

Liz is not everything she appears to be. Liz comes off as a quiet confident nice person. Don't trust Liz. Liz could go far and I think she'll be a quiet person who maybe doesn't say a whole lot and before you know it, she's in the final.

Ben is a time bomb. Dude is a time bomb waiting to go off, the question is when. It's gonna happen. If he lasts long enough in this game Ben will go off, like a bottle rocket. And then the question will be if he can recover from it. He's a really complicated and interesting player. Definitely want Ben to stick around.

Laura is one of my favorites. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think Laura could win this game. I think there's a lot more to her than meets the eye. Unless I'm completely wrong I think people are going to look at her and say she's real. I think if you let Laura get deep in the game, huge threat.

Mike Borassi, not long for the game. He's not going to last long in this game. I just don't think so. It's too hard out here. I think Mike is going to make a few friends and maybe reveal he's a chef and cook up some food and then he's going to be gone, episode 5 or 6.

I liked Betsy the second I met her. I think one of the appealing things about her is that she's not what you expect. Clearly, somebody who is a cop is willing to go however far you have to go. Betsy is a major threat in this game because she is really likeable and she will never quit and if you need somebody to dig down and do something, get Betsy to do it because she will.

Marisa, on paper, tailor made for Survivor. All these experiences around the world, taking care of her family and she's a nurturer but I think she might get eaten up just because she's not going to end up with the right people and she's going to become a sitting duck and she's going to be an early target. I wish Marisa would go deeper but if I had to bet, she'll be out by episode 5.

I think Natalie is a scrapper. If you look at Natalie you might think, pretty girl who doesn't want to break her nails. I don't know, Natalie might surprise some people. I think she might get up there and bang her knees up a couple of times and get some bumps and bruises and then play the social part of this game really well.

You know what, I don't trust Mick. I really don't. I think Mick is a guy who's a good looking guy, smart guy, probably a bit of privilege. Mick's the kind of guy who could manipulate people and get them to do what he wants and then not realize that he doesn't care about them as much as he's pretending to. I think Mick is probably a pretty good player. I bet he's played quite a few people.

John Fincher is a poser. I think Fincher has been a guy that is so good looking that for so many years he's been given things. I don't know if he's come from privilege or if he's just made privilege work for him. He has the appearance of a guy who's used to having things work.

Monica is the type of woman that you look at and your angel inside of you says "don't do it, trouble." And then you look a little more and the devil says, "life is short, go for it." I think Monica will have a tougher time playing guys than she thinks but I think historically Monica is really good at it and probably more subtle than I realize and some of the guys out here realize.

I really like Jaison. I liked him the second he walked into casting. I don't think Jaison is going to become an early target. There's no reason. He's not going to irritate anyone. He's gonna do just enough to help give you the power that you think it's your idea and agree with you. Before you know it we're way into the jury and Jaison is now a huge physical threat that could kick your ass in every single challenge. You fool, you let him stay in the game this long, you fool. I would love to give that check to Jaison.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-01-09, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
Hmm -- Liz might do pretty well after all. I'm holding out hope for her to do well.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-01-09, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
Thanks Brownroach, that took a lot of time and effort.

Let’s consider who JP likes to go far; who he considers evil, but has the potential to go far; who is on a journey – and may blow up, and who is fodder while we get to know the real players.

Final 9 potential:

Erik (Galu) – JP calls him a scrapper who he like to see win. Someone who will double-cross, and the promos state there are colossal betrayals.

Ashley (Foa Foa) – JP says she “is already surprising me”. Does this mean the interview was done during the filming of S19, and not at the end? He says Ashley has spunk … enough to make merge?

He also says about Brett (Galu), “he hasn’t shown a lot yet.”(Another clue the interview was during filming?) “Typically, the less you show, the better off you are.” A player? Or just someone who keeps a secret and eventually isn’t trusted and evicted.

Liz (Foa Foa) – “maybe doesn’t say a whole lot, and before you know it, she’s in the final.” That bodes well for Liz. He also says “Don’t trust Liz.” Which is very different from saying , “I don’t trust Liz.” Sounds like she’s going to play the game.

Laura (Galu) – JP calls her one of his favorites.” I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think Laura could win this game.” But then, does going out on a limb, and thinking she could win an endorsement that she has potential to be around at F6?

Betsey (Foa Foa) – “Betsy is a major threat in this game because she is really likeable and she will never quit.” Sounds like Betsey will be around for a while.

Natalie (Foa Foa) – JP says she may surprise some people … she’ll bruise her knees and play the social game. Good for merge, but probably not F4.

Jaison (Foa Foa) – JP would love to give the check to Jaison. He believes there will be no reason to evict him early, that he will make you feel like something is your idea, and then win challenges at the end.

All of the above JP liked, but there’s another who he called diaboloical, but has F2 potential. He even said, “He may get second, he damn sure aint gonna win.”

Russell Hantz (Foa Foa) is the devil incarnate, and looks like he may get to stick around for S20.

JP also says about Russell, “He's got this great big idea that if I sabotage my own tribe they'll be so weak they'll be out of the game.” Now this is a real interesting statement. If Foa Foa is sabotaged, then they should be outnumbered at merge, but he says he likes Natalie, Liz, Ashley, Betsey and Jaison, (all Foa Foa) and expects Russell H. to go deep. Does this list indicate a switch at some point? JP is obviously deceptive, so some of those he likes may be early casualties.

That’s 10 people – 7 Foa Foa, and of the 10 … 6 are women. However, JP also said somewhere that there are a couple evacuations … it could be someone he likes and expects to go far, but injury could eliminate them.

JP doesn’t trust Mick (Foa Foa) and calls him a manipulator. Will that be enough for him to make merge?

Those on a journey include Dave (Galu) – a high IQ guy, but could self destruct. I doubt Keyser Soze makes it to merge.

JP wants Ben (Foa Foa) - to stick around because he is a time bomb. Is this a message that Ben goes very early?

Russell Swan (Galu) and “Shambo” (Galu) are a couple of nice people, but are likely to enjoy the vacation of a lifetime.

Kelly (Galu) – and Monica (Galu) will use their charms, but will it get them deep into the game? I doubt it.

JP doesn’t expect Yasmin (Galu), Mike (Foa Foa) and Marisa (Foa Foa) to make it past Ep 5.

Is it possible that JP gave us the F10? There’s more to be said.

09-02-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
Thanks Brownroach, that took a lot of time and effort.

Not on my part, it was a copy and paste job. SurvivorFever gets the credit.

Sounds like Russell H. may start out playing like Rob Mariano in Marquesas.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-09, 04:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
Thanks to all, and I like sol's assessment.

Sure it's possible JP would give the F10, but there could be an unexpected. He liked Carolina in Tocantins.

You asked about timing, sol. This interview is normally done after the game starts, but not much in. Note that Jeff used TC5 (or 6) as his benchmark for a few early out's. The first boot is probably already done with. He's had time to watch them make early alliances - note his remark on Marisa getting in with the wrong people.

I'd guess 2nd episode is when they do all the press.
Jeff has in the past done one cast assessment at the beginning when he is flying blind about the endgame, and one cast assessment before the premiere where he pretends not to know what happened, but tells us who we'll like and not like.

09-03-09, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
Thanks OFG, I wondered about the timing, and it just didn't make sense that it was after the final TC.

This also means that he looks at it like a fan ... who he likes and who he dislikes; and who he expects to have game to the end ... and who he expects to fail to make jury duty. In other words, he speculates ... just like us.

09-03-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
11. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
The first boot is probably already done with.

I was thinking that at first, but he does say:
"I don't know about Yasmin. If she was first off I wouldn't be surprised."

It could just be a smokescreen, but it's possible he made these observations on Day 2 or on Day 3 at some point before the IC and TC, after he'd had a little bit of time to see people interacting.

09-03-09, 11:31 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
Yasmin looks like a likely candidate to be first. But based on Russells threat to weaken Foa Foa, and the vidcaps of Ben being involved in the IC, Ben may fail at the IC. Since Russell has also said that he controls peoples minds, he may choose to evict Ben.

At least that's TDT's first speculation. But that spec is with serious reservations until more info is available.

09-03-09, 03:33 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-09 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

I just meant that Probst's assessment of Yasmin makes it appear as if the first boot hadn't happened yet when he was saying this stuff.

(If he was being slick and boot #1 did already happen, then most likely it *wasn't* Yasmin.)

ETA: If Jeff does his stupid blog again we'll probably be able to figure out most of the late-gamers. That was where he kind of gave it away last season.

09-06-09, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
BR and sol,

Naturally I noticed that Jeff was spec'ing on the first boot, but I did think Jeff could be blowing smoke. because what else can he do if it turns out they interview him on, say, Day 4.

Every Survivor castoff has to do interviews where they pretend they don't know how the game when next, when they do know. I think Jeff is quite capable of that.

He also said Brett was doing well in challenges, plural, IIRC, which could also be a miswording, but if there have been challenges then it is either right before the first TC or it is after.

Jeff has said in the past that he doesn't watch the dailies, that he gets his info from crew reports, what he sees at the challenges, and what he learns at TC. It seems to me that in this interview he has watched a bit of interaction.

What I was looking for was any observations that showed he knew a bit more about one tribe than the other, which might indicate a nice TC chat had gone down.

Some observations can be made from watching challenges - like that a girl doesn't mind getting herself banged up.

He says about Ben that he's a time bomb who WILL go off, then that he hopes Ben lasts a long time. That could totally be a comment he's making to throw people off. The prediction part would be right if Ben does go first, explosivley, but "I hope" comments are easy to throw out there and can certainly be said even when the person is out of there already.

As for Jeff speculating like a fan -- yes -- but fans don't get to see the game unedited and Jeff does. TC's last for hours, not 10 minutes, for example. He learns a lot about what's going on. He knows body language. He can tell which people are allying.

I find his comment about Marisa interesting. Andy from Reality Blurred put her in his top group after interviewing her, but Jeff says she's good on paper but will get in with the wrong people. How does he know that unless he's seen it?

I'm wondering if she goes against Russell H early on. She said that she can't not stand up to men who are acting badly, in her RB interview. Sounds prophetic to me, as she's on a tribe with him.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_file
s/4759d0923e5ccdb5.jpg

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-03-09, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SurvivorFever has the transcript"
You are fluent in English and "Probst"

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Probst talks about Samoa"
At least we know there will be two evacs, probably (if history is a guide) well promoted, and a bad guy gets to the end.

09-03-09, 05:42 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Probst talks about Samoa"
>...there will
>be two evacs, probably
>(if history is a guide)
>well promoted...

Unless we have another Chet!

09-04-09, 11:25 PM (EST)
16. "More on the evacs"
In an interview with Canwest News Service, JP said,

"Samoa is very beautiful - and it kicked the a.s.s. of two people to the point where they had to be evacuated," Probst told Canwest News Service in a long, wide-ranging conversation. "It was hot, and then it rained. And it rained for about a week. They didn't have fire. And they couldn't get water. It was hard. It was definitely hard."

The rest of the interview is found here

Also asked was how JP would do as a contestant.

Probst says he feels he would be better at the mental aspect of the game than the physical, but he doubts he would ever win.

"My strength would be that I'm a good strategic thinker. I can think a lot of moves ahead, and keep it all in my head. And I can get along with people.

"My weakness would be that I'm a leader. I can't follow someone who I don't believe is leading us well. So I would be the guy who, in episode three, would say, 'I'm taking over; we've got to go in a different direction.' And I'd probably be gone. People would think I'm cocky or arrogant or whatever, and that would be my demise. But I can't not lead."

09-05-09, 01:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: More on the evacs"
Interesting, Sol, in that it appears the evacs aren't due to injuries but rather players who couldn't take it. I'd say that points to Mike and Yasmin, the two players that Jeff says could have problems with the elements.

09-10-09, 01:48 AM (EST)
19. "RE: More on the evacs"
We need a weather report. June/July is actually the DRY season in Samoa, and chances for major rain were slight by historical weather data I looked at last spring. So a major spate of rain ought to show up.

09-10-09, 02:44 AM (EST)
20. "RE: More on the evacs"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-09 AT 06:21 AM (EST)

Found some data on massive rain timing and thought it was worth a topic instead of being buried in the Jeff said topic, so changing this post.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-09, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "TV Guide Preview"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-09 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

The Survivor Preview on the TV Guide network has been running this week. I see that the segments on the challenges and tribal council are on Survivor Fever, but I didn’t see anything on the segments about the cast. Taj narrated the episode and Jeff gave an assessment, some of the things he said we’ve heard before, and some was new (at least to me).

Here is a synopsis and my impressions:

Food will be relatively plentiful – fruit, shellfish and black-tipped sharks. The scenery is gorgeous with water and beaches plus a jungle rainforest inland. The big twist right off the bat is to pick team leaders as soon as they get off the boat, and then pick best swimmer, most agile, strongest and smartest. This is all done on first impressions (guess they liked how that went down in Tocantins). No exile island, but the second twist is that there will be 2 HIIs, each with its own set of clues. You can only find your team’s idol but the clues will be at the other camp. You have to get selected to go over there and then you have to find it under their eyes. Jeff says that Bob and J.T. wouldn’t win this season; no All-American nice guy will win (which means Jaison won’t!). He thinks you’ll see a lot of betrayals, but overall there are a lot of likeable people like Shannon, and with that comment they segway into the cast.

Shannon – compared to Rupert, Jeff just says she has a good-looking mullet

Jaison – (Taj pronounced it Jay-Sohn). Nice guy, water polo player, Jeff would love to see him win

Ashley – Jeff says she’ll do what has to be done and wouldn’t be surprised to see a woman’s alliance this season and it could be deadly. Ashley’s been a fan since season 1 and knows that a showmance is the fastest way to put a target on your back.

Ben – talked about opening a bar and his motorcycle accident two years ago. He says he’s never been turned down by a woman. Jeff says he’s a volcano waiting to erupt and wouldn’t trust anything he says (just do the opposite). (A target for the women?)

Liz – she’s a leader but will try to down play that and the fact that she has degrees from three different Ivy League schools. Jeff says she’s nice and fun to be around but that she’s also calculating and conniving and tailor-made for this game.

Dave – Jeff said he has the highest IQ of any survivor on the show. Dave wants to play the women and play the young guys against the women but that he’s going to have to watch his mouth. (Another target for the women?)

Laura – compares herself to Sarah Palin because they’re both conservative with teen-aged daughters who got pregnant. Jeff says he likes her (but not her politics) and could see her winning. (But Jeff says nothing about her being devious which seems key this season.)

Russell S – an EPA attorney who campaigned for Obama but is tired of talking politics. He won’t go swimming. Jeff says he’s a nice guy but not diabolical enough to win.

Marisa – (Ma-reesa) grew up poor in Appalachia and worked in El Salvador. Jeff says she’s a good person but doesn’t have the killer instinct for the game. Marisa says she’s nurturing and compassionate but wouldn’t hesitate to slit someone’s throat. (First boot conflict with Russell?)

Mick – M.D. resident. He knows things that apply in the real world don’t apply in Survivor. Jeff said, “no one cares that you’re a doc at home dude, all I care is how are you going to help me win a million bucks?” (Why do I think that he was talking about Russell H. here?) Then he said, “I think Mick is in for a big surprise.” Mick said, “I wouldn’t be at all surprised if I get blind-sided at some point in this thing.”

Kelly – Jeff says the tattoos say it all and that a few guys will fall for her blond dreadlocks. She says that she falls for the troubled bad boy and thinks romance is in the air this season.

John – Jeff again calls him a poser and “you have to show up and I don’t think Fincher has it.”

Natalie – wants to try to stay honest, but will lie. Talked about being a southern belle. Jeff said, “Tougher than she looks and not as sophisticated in this game as she’d like.”

Brett – tee shirt entrepreneur. Jeff says, “I don’t know if he’s like Erik and will get his head handed to him by a woman or if he’s playing it and knows what’s going on.” Brett wants to flirt, uplift spirits and entertain the TV audience. (Another potential target for the women?)

Betsy – applied 6 times, will miss her family and overcame addiction 20 years ago and thinks that the bonding is the same with survivor as it was when she went through rehab. Jeff, “I would align with Betsy, my first choice. She’s a major player if she gets a chance to advance.”

Russell H – Taj called him the biggest villain ever. He talks about playing dirty and hiding the flint etc. Jeff calls him pure evil…diabolical. Thinks he can go a long way. They play up his villainy but we already know that from the vidcaps this week.

Erik – Taj said he’d give Russell H. some competition in being evil. Erik says he’s wanted to be a con man since he was six. Jeff says he’ll try to play the women like they’re trying to play him. (Another reference to the women.)

Monica – good swimmer, natural born flirt. Jeff says she’s the woman who you know you should stay away from, but you can’t. She’s devious.

Yasmin – sassy Yassy. Her biggest fear is losing a hair extension during a challenge. Jeff says she will either crumble or completely surprise him. He loved her in casting but since the beginning of the game, he’s questioned her. (Sounds like an early boot to me).

Mike – health issues, personal chef. Jeff says he’s changed so many things about himself (health wise) but at the end of the day, he’s still limited as to what he can do (another early boot).

I wonder when Jeff made his observations. It seems like he knows more about what’s going on than the earlier assessment. I also detected a hint that the women will win over the men. Overall my impression is that a lot of the men will be lead around by the wrong head or spend some much energy being diabolical that they fall short. There are several women (Ashley, Liz, Monica plus maybe Betsy and Laura ) who Jeff likes who can be both good socially and devious enough to win during this cutthroat season. This also fits with Sol's assessment that there could be a lot of women in the final 10.

ETA: The video is up on Survivor Phoenix. I forgot to check there first!

09-13-09, 09:47 PM (EST)
22. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
Shannon – compared to Rupert, Jeff just says she has a good-looking mullet

Is commenting on her mullet the best JP can say about her? An officer in the Marines is not likely to be comfortable playing a UTR role. An early boot? I think so.

Jaison – (Taj pronounced it Jay-Sohn). Nice guy, water polo player, Jeff would love to see him win

JP's previous comments indicated Jaison could be a UTR player. Should make merge, and possibly go deep.

Ashley – Jeff says she’ll do what has to be done and wouldn’t be surprised to see a woman’s alliance this season and it could be deadly. Ashley’s been a fan since season 1 and knows that a showmance is the fastest way to put a target on your back.

A womans alliance??? Considering it's likely that a woman will be first boot, how does a womans alliance come from a deficit in numbers. Not saying that it won't happen, but it seems unlikely to me.

Ben – talked about opening a bar and his motorcycle accident two years ago. He says he’s never been turned down by a woman. Jeff says he’s a volcano waiting to erupt and wouldn’t trust anything he says (just do the opposite). (A target for the women?)

But Ben has been shown bumping fists with the devil ... a double cross? Of course.

Liz – she’s a leader but will try to down play that and the fact that she has degrees from three different Ivy League schools. Jeff says she’s nice and fun to be around but that she’s also calculating and conniving and tailor-made for this game.

Good, positive comments likely meaning merge, and possibly F6.

Dave – Jeff said he has the highest IQ of any survivor on the show. Dave wants to play the women and play the young guys against the women but that he’s going to have to watch his mouth. (Another target for the women?)

The interview on Reality Blurred indicates an early shower and shave. Gone by the merge.

Laura – compares herself to Sarah Palin because they’re both conservative with teen-aged daughters who got pregnant. Jeff says he likes her (but not her politics) and could see her winning. (But Jeff says nothing about her being devious which seems key this season.)

Gotta agree with you CTgirl .. a UTR player that makes merge, but not F6 ... unless she's carried for her vote, isn't a threat at F4 or someone has other fish to fry.

Russell S – an EPA attorney who campaigned for Obama but is tired of talking politics. He won’t go swimming. Jeff says he’s a nice guy but not diabolical enough to win.

Nice guys don't finish last, but they don't win at this game either. Doubtful he makes merge.

Marisa – (Ma-reesa) grew up poor in Appalachia and worked in El Salvador. Jeff says she’s a good person but doesn’t have the killer instinct for the game. Marisa says she’s nurturing and compassionate but wouldn’t hesitate to slit someone’s throat. (First boot conflict with Russell?)

Too heavily highlighted preseason to make it very far ... or even Ep2.

Mick – M.D. resident. He knows things that apply in the real world don’t apply in Survivor. Jeff said, “no one cares that you’re a doc at home dude, all I care is how are you going to help me win a million bucks?” (Why do I think that he was talking about Russell H. here?) Then he said, “I think Mick is in for a big surprise.” Mick said, “I wouldn’t be at all surprised if I get blind-sided at some point in this thing.”

TDT SURVIVOMETER says Mick returns with a weight loss ... F6???

Kelly – Jeff says the tattoos say it all and that a few guys will fall for her blond dreadlocks. She says that she falls for the troubled bad boy and thinks romance is in the air this season.

Will she last longer than Sydney? It all depends on her performance in challenges ... if she sucks even the guys will boot her.

John – Jeff again calls him a poser and “you have to show up and I don’t think Fincher has it.”

Is JPs insistence on discussing Johns looks because he's an early casualty, or because he lasts into the merge and JP doesn't believe he deserves it?

Natalie – wants to try to stay honest, but will lie. Talked about being a southern belle. Jeff said, “Tougher than she looks and not as sophisticated in this game as she’d like.”

His comment on 'sophistication in the game' suggests she is gullible and falls for an obvious back-stab? My guess is she trusts Russell H. to have her back and he orchestrates her boot.

Brett – tee shirt entrepreneur. Jeff says, “I don’t know if he’s like Erik and will get his head handed to him by a woman or if he’s playing it and knows what’s going on.” Brett wants to flirt, uplift spirits and entertain the TV audience. (Another potential target for the women?)

Entertain the TV audience??? Good grief ... you're on an island, starving, lacking sleep, facing difficult challenges when you're too weak to do your best ... and playing a social game for a million bucks and you want to entertain the TV audience? Guess you can tell I won't be investing in any of his t-shirts.

Betsy – applied 6 times, will miss her family and overcame addiction 20 years ago and thinks that the bonding is the same with survivor as it was when she went through rehab. Jeff, “I would align with Betsy, my first choice. She’s a major player if she gets a chance to advance.”

Applying 6 times tells me she's a fan and might know how to play. The "if she gets a chance" could be a very telling phrase.

Russell H – Taj called him the biggest villain ever. He talks about playing dirty and hiding the flint etc. Jeff calls him pure evil…diabolical. Thinks he can go a long way. They play up his villainy but we already know that from the vidcaps this week.

He's getting a push reminiscent of Coach, but I gotta believe he'll be a more entertaining player. Merge??? Can't see a problem. F4??? Why not. Gets a check signed by MB ??? JP says no.

Erik – Taj said he’d give Russell H. some competition in being evil. Erik says he’s wanted to be a con man since he was six. Jeff says he’ll try to play the women like they’re trying to play him. (Another reference to the women.)

Just looking at the makeup of the tribes, and who is likely to make merge, I think Erik will fall victim to numbers by F6.

Monica – good swimmer, natural born flirt. Jeff says she’s the woman who you know you should stay away from, but you can’t. She’s devious.

Will Monica and Kelly align, or be mortal enemies fighting for the same turf? JP says something very similar about both...somehow I don't think Dodge is big enough. Do the guys prefer blonds or brunettes? Monica is a better swimmer ... if that means anything.

Yasmin – sassy Yassy. Her biggest fear is losing a hair extension during a challenge. Jeff says she will either crumble or completely surprise him. He loved her in casting but since the beginning of the game, he’s questioned her. (Sounds like an early boot to me).

Will she be missed when she's gone? Her highlight Ep probably won't even highlight her ...Russell H will get more time.

Mike – health issues, personal chef. Jeff says he’s changed so many things about himself (health wise) but at the end of the day, he’s still limited as to what he can do (another early boot).

Okay ... who is nicer? Mike? or Russell S.? A short journey and a long vacation.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Haven't seen this mentioned yet,."
In the Entertainment Weekly magazine preview, Jeff said this season marks the first time he's had to throw a contestant out of a challenge.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-14-09, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet,."
If he has to throw out Russell H., I wouldn't be surprised.

09-14-09, 08:38 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet,."
Thanks! I haven't seen the EW.

Ben could be a contender. He's the one Jeff says is a bomb waiting to go off due to his temper.

My impression of Russell is that he's a thug but he's very controlled about what impression he gives off. Getting thrown out of challenge sounds out of control.

09-14-09, 08:52 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet,."
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-09 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

>Ben could be a contender.
>He's the one Jeff says
>is a bomb waiting to
>go off due to his
>temper.

Jeff does like to appear as a prophet, doesn't he? I agree it could be Ben and, if it is, I'll be more inclined to say we've got a timeframe on when Jiffy made his comments rather than he had great insight!

09-23-09, 11:03 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Haven't seen this mentioned yet,."
bumping this because it has good stuff and I had to go looking for it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •