The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-13-09, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
Let the dreading officially begin.

For the sake of what's left of our collective sanity, let's consider working with a few presumptions.

1. Contestants from S7 on back are unlikely, but not impossible. It all depends on how they treat this. Will it be the Official End Of Survivor As We Know It? If so, they're going to crowd in everyone they can manage, every personality we've hoped we'd never see again -- and it'll be The March Of The DAWs until our TVs suicide in self-defense. But if it's a semi-standard A.S.S. run, we're probably looking at #9-19.

Yes, Richard will probably be free to travel out of the country just in time to show up.

2. One or two slots will be held back for instant Samoa U-turns. So we can't pick out the whole cast.

3. Minimum of 16 slots, maximum of 20. I hope.

4. There's no rules against three-timing. Who wants to see Amanda talk her way out of another million dollars?

5. Notifications have to start soon -- if they haven't already. Given that #19 is about to kick into gear, the recruiting and 'will you come?' contract enforcements for #20 are either very close or under way. Too soon for people to depart, but early enough to prepare. And as we get closer to filming, people will vanish. Watch the airports -- especially the receiving ones. (And having said that, they just might come in by boat.)

6. Some people are automatically out of the running. Unless this turns out to be all-winners and all-mandatory, we know Fire Tom has no interest in coming back. (And if so, Ethan's undergoing treatment for cancer: this doesn't exactly put him in game shape.) Last-place finishers aren't All-Stars. Anyone who missed the jury is unlikely unless they missed it in spectacular or embarrassing fashion. (Is Ace an All-Star? Just don't ask him. But bringing Hunter back could be a fascinating casting choice.)

7. Benji The Nearly-Human Blunder Dog, as per Jeff's incomprehensible wishes, is a mortal lock. Assuming his myriad of medical issues allow him to participate. I hear he's been having real trouble with the disks in his left ankle.

8. Our idea of good players and the show's concept of good television do not mesh. For details, see #7. Based on gameplay, personality, intelligence, and charisma, there will at least two slots occupied by people we never wanted to see again, and their only purpose in being there will be drama creation. Given that Benji has a near auto-slot, possibly three.

Ten, tops.

And there will be no 'America's Player: who do you want to get back?' poll. MB doesn't care what we think. For details there, see absolutely everything. Inclusive.

9. Winners are targets. Remember the way things played out the first time? 'You've got your prize: go away' ruled the game, and any first-place finisher being recruited should know it. The victors may be there as first boots -- and given that, I don't think we'll see more than four.

10. When in doubt, assume this will royally svck. If all else fails, Benji will slay The Dragon Of Hope. It's what he's there for.

So. Who?

Summary slots are now closed due to the entire board having already washed their hands of this mess.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Micronesia. Estee 06-13-09 1
 Gabon vince3 06-13-09 2
   RE: Gabon PepeLePew13 06-13-09 3
 Gabon Estee 06-13-09 4
 China ohmyheck 06-13-09 5
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... michel 06-13-09 6
   RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... Estee 06-13-09 7
       RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... michel 06-13-09 8
   RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... PepeLePew13 06-15-09 10
       RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... michel 06-15-09 11
           RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... PepeLePew13 06-20-09 22
 My Speculation sol 06-14-09 9
   RE: My Speculation: Looking Good goldenmike4393 06-17-09 18
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... goldenmike4393 06-15-09 12
   RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... michel 06-15-09 13
       RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... Estee 06-16-09 14
       RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... goldenmike4393 06-16-09 15
           RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... byoffer 06-16-09 16
           RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... michel 06-16-09 17
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... Outfrontgirl 06-18-09 19
   RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... michel 06-18-09 20
   RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... byoffer 06-18-09 21
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... goldenmike4393 06-24-09 23
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... michel 07-07-09 24
 Hatch wants to go to Samoa suzzee 07-12-09 25
   RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa Estee 07-12-09 26
       RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa suzzee 07-12-09 27
           RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa toad8098 07-12-09 28
   RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa sol 07-13-09 29
       RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa michel 07-13-09 30
       RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa toddE 07-13-09 32
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... frisky 07-13-09 31
 Editing sol 07-17-09 33
   RE: Editing tribephyl 07-19-09 34
       RE: Editing sol 07-20-09 36
           RE: Editing Outfrontgirl 07-21-09 37
 A List michel 07-19-09 35
   If that's the cast, then this is th... Estee 07-21-09 38
   RE: A List toad8098 07-21-09 39
       RE: A List Survivor all-stars cast... goldenmike4393 07-23-09 40
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... sol 08-13-09 41
   RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... Estee 08-14-09 43
   RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... sol 08-22-09 44
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... Scarlett O Hara 08-14-09 42
 RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting specula... emydi 10-07-09 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-13-09, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Micronesia."
Ignoring the possibility of three-timers for now, I think we're looking at two potential slots -- and I think they're occupied by Erik and Natalie.

To me, Erik's the obvious one: he's no strategic genius (and there goes the understatement of the month) and his gameplay is not only suspect, it was tried, convicted and sent to reform school -- but he's got something more precious to MB than ability. He has a storyline. To wit, he has James' storyline: the person who made a mistake no sensible person could have managed, now trying to make up for it. Not that Erik may care -- when your username on another board is 'ImmunityIsOverrated', the denial may have found a permanent home -- but would a fan on his level, even a once-burnt one, turn down a second chance to be with his idols? Possibly not.

Natalie... I think the issue for the casting people here is the essential need for villains. Admittedly, we started loathing Natalie just a little bit late in the season. Sure, there's people who did a better long-term job at getting us to ignore them forever, and some of them are going to be there. But the black holes of negative personality must get a chance to pull each other in, and that's going to mean multiple semi-human swamps. Natalie fills a role there. And she and Corinne can always have a personal challenge over who can kill the most people in their sleep.

I think we're doomed for Corinne.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-09, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Gabon"
Bypassing Jiffy's mortal lock of Coach, there are definitely a couple of others here that could use a second chance.

Extra crispy err, Tyson. The evil genius to Coach's machinations, the man behind the curtain, the possible immuity run threat. It took a skill challenge to knock him out, plus the rise of the ingrates.

Speaking of a victim..... Brandon. Helped institute the innovative cross-tribe alliance. However, he kinda forgot about it until he needed it, and they ignored him back for it.

Erin or Sierra. Both had to deal with the garbage spewed out by Tyson/Coach from day 1. Sierra got it worse by being the mini-victim of the "first impression" twist, and attempts to build the shelter instead of idol hunt were mostly ignored, yet somehow she made it plenty far. Erin, had to deal with scuzzo Coach after dealing with a bad breakup just before the show.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-09, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gabon"
It's a sign that we've had too many seasons by now... Gabon was the one where Bob won while Tocantins was the one that had Coach/Tyson/Brendan/Erinn/Sierra. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Coach and Tyson from this season, not sure if we'd see anyone else other than maybe Brendan. I don't think Erinn or Sierra would subject themselves to this kind of torture again.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

06-13-09, 01:13 PM (EST)
4. "Gabon"
I'm assuming Bob won't come back because like Fire Tom, there's just no way he can do as well the second time around. That probably leaves two or three slots for this season, and I think they'll be used to up the beyotching and pointless drama quotient: Corinne, Randy, and maybe -- a really big maybe -- Sugar.

Corinne is, sadly, a lock. One of the themes of the original A.S.S. was 'people don't learn, people don't change', and I fully expect it to be echoed here. Corinne doesn't care how many people hate her as long as they do it to her face: rage counts as attention, so as far as she's concerned, she's won. She'll be drafted for her confessionals and to see if she takes any of her eternal anger into the physical. It's her only purpose in existence. She'd better enjoy it, because it's the last time her purpose will have an audience.

Randy will be drafted for revenge. Against who? Who have you got? It's Randy: he'll be able to find a reason every single other cast member has done him wrong, will do him wrong at some point in the future, or is doing him wrong at this very moment -- they just don't know it yet. As with the biped above, he'll also be brought it to complain about the low quality of his competition where no one can hear him and not care about accounting for it at the end of the day, season, or incarnation.

Sugar... I don't know. As a character, she has something to offer -- and that's still more pointless drama. But for once, that might be what keeps her out: Jessica played the show as much as they ever tried to play her, and I don't think the executive producer would be too fond of that stance. She showed up to play a part she'd designed, and that role -- showed up everyone else, just for the fun of it. MB wants the last laugh, and if torturing Jessica gets it, maybe she'll make it. But leaving her out might be an even bigger punchline. Or slap in the face.

If there's a third slot and she's not occupying it, things go up for grabs. Ace thinks he deserves it. I have to believe Ken wants it more than he's wanted anything -- but his edit (and personality) may not have been sour enough for what might shape up to be the first All-Psychosis Season. Crystal... heh. No.

Not shaping up to be much of a cast so far.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-13-09, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "China"
I have to believe that Courtney will take a spot if she's willing to do it again, but I doubt that so I think her spot will go to Peih-Gee. I could also see Todd doing this again. And I don't care about three-timers, James is practically a lock.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I'm not sure there will be an A.S.S. for season 20 because Eliza wrote at SUCKS that she's heard nothing about it. She probably wouldn't be invited a 3rd time but she has kept up with Survivor as much as any previous contestant. There could be a secrecy clause but usually, when Eliza knew something, she would decline to comment rather than flat out say she didn't know.

That being said, here are the players I feel could fill the contestant pool, eliminating the winners and the 3rd timers:

S09: Twila
S10: Jenn, Ian
S11: Judd, Gary
S12: Shane, Sally
S13: Nate, Candace
S14: Alex
S15: Peih Gee, Jamie (Courtney would probably decline again)
S16: Natalie, Erik
S17: Corinne, Crystal
S18: Coach, Tyson

Here's another list, one of players that fell early. The bad luck players, a possible alternative to both previous versions:

S09: Brady
S10: Angie
S11: Amy, Margaret, Brian
S12: Bob, Misty
S13: Cao Boi, Cristina
S14: Michelle
S15: Aaron, Sherea
S16: Tracy, Joel, Mikey
S17: Ace, Marcus
S18: Candace.

06-13-09, 02:55 PM (EST)
7. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I feel we've had a lot of clues going the other way -- several of them coming from Jeff -- but right now, the biggest neon sign flashing on the horizon reads 'Two seasons in the same location, filmed back-to-back.' That practically screams Pearl Islands all over again.

I'm not going to debate your deep game A.S.S. list just yet (Crystal?), but as far as your early one goes... Angie and Cao Boi could be interesting returnees. (The later mostly to see if he could drive Benji insane.) I don't think anyone's letting Joel near a large group of people any time soon, though. At least not before the restraining orders expire.

06-13-09, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-09 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

I promise; no debate from me. I don't care to see any of these DAWS again but, if we must, those were mere suggestions.

That being said, if not Truck than maybe Dave and his firepit!

I can also throw out Crystal very easily. I just have a hard time finding someone else: Leann, Katie, Cindy, Danielle, Becky, Cassandra, Alexis and Sierra are the top contenders for my last spot. I could go for anyone of those but Crystal was more outspoken than all of them combined. That seems to be what Jeff likes.

06-15-09, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."

>S10: Jenn, Ian

I don't see Jenn doing Survivor again - she had cancer surgery.

What about Coby in her place? They're old buddies in real life and he might want to go to support her cancer fight and keep the message out there to donate to the cause.

Springtime in Paris

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

06-15-09, 08:23 AM (EST)
11. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I'm mainly hoping she is well enough to do it again. That would be the message.

06-20-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
22. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
True, but I wouldn't bank on it. I made the suggestion about Coby above because he reportedly shaved his head in support of Jenn while she was going through her ordeal.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-14-09, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "My Speculation"
Although I do not discount the prospect of an All-Star season, I'm not convinced that's the way it will play out. If it an All-Star format I would hope they use the Fans vs Faves again, and not like S8.

My speculation is that MB is looking at this thing from an economical perspective. With the economy as it is it makes good sense to lease one location and reduce travel expenses, set up and take down expenses, etc..

Moreover, there are enough applicants as well as bartenders, nail technicians and aspiring actors to fill spaces for 2 seasons back to back, without looking at previous players.

What's more, JP is very adept at misdirection ... enough so that I don't believe anything he says or writes.

I don't think that reality TV is a trend that has run it's course, and even if it is an All-Star season, I don't see it as the final season. Survivor is still one of the most popular shows on TV - who really wants to kill a goose that lays a golden egg?

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-17-09, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My Speculation: Looking Good"
From Reality Blurred June 15, 2009:

Jeff Probst: back-to-back Survivor seasons “because of budget cuts” and “I really don’t” know about hosting past season 20

Seasons 19 and 20 of Survivor will be filmed back to back—instead of taking a three-month break in between them—and the reason is entirely about saving money, Jeff Probst told me.

“This season we’re also doing back-to-back seasons because of budget cuts, and that’s just the truth. We are having to do two seasons to save money, because every television show is undergoing some sort of a cut,” Probst said. “And I think that’s going to be hard on people. It’s a long time to be away from home. We’re gone nearly four months. Six weeks was one thing; 14 weeks is another,” he said.

To me, getting two seasons out of the way and having a year-long break seemed like it might be easier, but Jeff said I was mistaken, and to explain why, launched into his Mark Burnett impression, complete with a British accent. “That’s what Mark Burnett would say. Mark Burnett would say, ‘Jeff, oh oh oh I’ve got a brilliant idea. I’m going to do this for you. We’re actually going to shoot both seasons back to back. It’s brilliant. And then when you’re home, look, you’ll be home for a long time, so it’s brilliant.’ ‘Mark, you coming to location for that long a time? ‘Eh, no, Jeff, I can’t, I have a business to run.’ That’s how it goes with Mark. Any time Mark starts a sentence with ‘I have something you’re really going to like’, it means, you’re going to hate this. So like a doctor saying, this won’t hurt much—oh, here we go.”

During my conversation with Probst, I also asked him the inevitable question: His contract is up after season 20, so will he stay on as host? He was noncommittal, although not in a bullshit sort of way. “That will be 10 years, and I really at this point don’t know my own personal feelings about continuing or not. I really don’t,”Probst told me.

“I’m incredibly loyal to Mark, and we have a crew of 325; I don’t want to be the guy that has anything to do with having a hiccup in Survivor. It’s a hard time to have a job, and I have one, and I certainly don’t want to walk away from a job. So I’m not trying to be coy or cagey,” Probst said. “I’ve been telling Mark, 10 years and 20 seasons is a long time to do the same job from a creative standpoint. But then there’s the logical, rational side of, you are employed, you moron.”

Burnett seems confident, however, that the show will continue on for another 10 years. Burnett recently talked to Fancast to promote his new show Wedding Day, TNT’s first reality series, and said, “On the last Thursday, ‘Survivor’ beat ‘CSI.’ Survivor’ is untouchable on Thursdays at eight. Everything that’s thrown at it, they don’t come close. If a show stays on, it stays on. ‘America’s Most Wanted’ has been on for 20 years, there’s no reason ‘Survivor’ won’t be on for 20 years.”

The obvious question, of course, is whether there’s a way Survivor could be on without Probst, who has anchored the show since the beginning, if he decides 10 years is enough. I think replacing him would be nearly impossible without restructuring the show, because sticking someone in his place would just highlight how critical he is to the show, never mind his off-camera work.

06-15-09, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I just read Coach's latest interview. He just can't keep his mouth shut! Here's the money quote:

"Well, America definitely hasn’t seen the last of me. I’ve got an interesting and very dynamic project I’m working on right now that I can’t say a lot about yet, but I’m hoping it will be out by December or January. It’s pretty confidential but it involves survival and character building. Sometimes you have to make character assassinations of yourself in order to build on what’s there."

A lot of things are "out" in December or January, such as the names of the casts/contestants for ASS2, and other things.

06-15-09, 09:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
Thanks for this. It could be Survivor but there's one thing I question: "I’ve got an interesting and very dynamic project I’m working on right now".
Coach wouldn't be working on S20 right now as it would be filming in late August.

06-16-09, 08:33 AM (EST)
14. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
'Sometimes you have to make character assassinations of yourself in order to build on what’s there.'

...what?

06-16-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
AFAIK, Coach "prepared" rather diligently for his first shot at Survivor. I suspect he's "training" daily for the next shot. Take it from a child of a coach. In fact, Benny got his tats just for S18! Didn't you notice they were about six (6) months old???

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-09, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
Didn't you notice they were about six (6) months old???

Less than 6 months or not, they certainly seemed past their "best before" date.

06-16-09, 07:29 PM (EST)
17. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
"I suspect he's "training" daily for the next shot."

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that the "right now" is conclusive either. I'm just hesitant to say that the quote from Coach clinches it, that S20 is definitely an A.S.S. version. Maybe I'm seeing too much in that "right now".

Knowing Coach's need to brag, he could very well be working on another kayak expedition to the land of the pygmees. The "I'm working on a project" sounds more like a personal adventure than a Survivor do-over.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-09, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I don't think Corinne will be back. Jeff made it clear that she kind of poisoned the season for him. He won't want her in it. Sadly, I have no doubt he would want Sierra back ... don't know what he sees in her story; she wasn't entertaining to me.

I could see Randy asked to come back before Corinne.

I'd like to see Marcus again but I doubt Jeff would want him; there was some jealousy there.

I could see Sydney getting a second chance to be gorgeous.

I heard that Yul was set to do FvF until they dropped half the cast. May not be true, but I'd be happy to see Yul again. And Brendan. And Marcus. Sadly, I have no hope to see Jonathan Penner commit himself to hell again.

06-18-09, 08:52 AM (EST)
20. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I hadn't heard that comment from Jeff about Corinne.

As for Yul, he may have considered FvF but now that he is a newlywed and is looking at going back to work in politics Survivor may not be a good idea.

Terry also had his luggage ready for Micronesia until James took his spot. Hopefully, Tyson has taken it if there is a second chance.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I could see Sydney getting a second chance to be gorgeous.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Actually, I think she would be good for another season. She has outdoor skills, competed hard in challenges, and had some social skills. She could be like Parvati in FvF. Oh, and Sydney certainly has that gorgeousness factor the casting folks (and some viewers ) seem to like.

06-24-09, 03:21 PM (EST)
23. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
June 23, 2009: A local tour guide pops in to update potential
travelers that Survivor's filming in Samoa is not signicantly
interfering with tourists' sightseeing abilities:

TAKEN FROM TRIP VISOR WEBSITE:

" CrazyIslandboy
SAMOA
Posted on: 5:31 pm,yesterday (6/23/09)

The survivor filming only closed two beaches in whole of Samoa. They are Return to Paradise and Matarewa Beach both at Lefaga.

There is a small beach on the south coast called Iliili beach resort where the loosers stay.

There are a lot of beautiful beaches and places to visit in Samoa without visiting these 3 beaches. They could not take over Aganoa Black Sand Beach so that is good news because it is one of my favourite beaches in Samoa."

(Ed. note: Ponderosa-dwelling ex-contestants, wave to the nice people with cameras!) LOLOLOL This could be Day 10 with the 4th Boot tomorrow night at TC.

07-07-09, 09:54 AM (EST)
24. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
There may be something to this A.S.S 2 afterall. Coby Archa had been posting on Sucks about his fast for Darfur along with a few other Survivors ( http://fastdarfur.org/?cat=62 ) when he commented on the "Heroes vs Villains" speculation Sucks has for season 20:

"o you just wait...there are some coming back for the 3rd time you will die over and not in a good way lol

Now, was Coby messing with the folks at Sucks? Maybe, I don't know.

Here's the link to the Sucks thread, the quote above is in the middle of page 2:

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/53885?page=1

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-09, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Hatch wants to go to Samoa"
Next month for the start of the 10th anniversary of Survivor. He promised to pay his old taxes with his new winnings. How much would would MB pay him for showing up If he wants to be released by next month is that season 20 or 19?

http://tinyurl.com/le2s88

Filthy Swine!

07-12-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa"
If we're very lucky, he's just trying to flee the country.

If we're not...

...oh, bloody hell.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-09, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa"
The hatch was a harbinger of doom in Lost. Please don't go near the hatch, any Hatch. Nothing but misery can come of looking to a Hatch to save you. Samoa is tightening up their immigration statutes as we speak.

Filthy Swine!

toad8098 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-12-09, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa"
and frankly I don't want him cast for season #20. There's plenty of other former contestants I'd rather see.

07-13-09, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa"
I think Hatch would be an excellent addition to A.S.S.#2. If it is Heroes vs Villains, he is the original villain. I would like to see JFP again too ... in Fans Vs Faves he was still spouting lies that people believed, I fell off the couch laughing when he asked ... "haven't these people seen this show before" ... referring to how he lies.

If it's Heroes vs. Villains, there's got to be good villains ... Hatch and JFP have been among the best. The fact that fans don't like them is the exact reason to include them.

That being said, Hatches game would have to evolve or there's no way he makes it to merge. JFP may consider ... if asked, and that's a mighty big IF ... because he wouldn't be getting home just in time for a child to be born.

I would also like to see Randy, he had a lot more intelligence going for him than most of the others in Gabon.

My ideal season would be the Heroes losing frequently, and most villains lasting to merge ... that would be fun.

If Todd was invited, would he be Hero ... or Villain?

07-13-09, 04:12 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-09 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

I've been following Coby's thread and he ruled out Todd. He has strongly hinted that Natalie and Ace were interviewed and could be back as villains. He's also said no one from Guatemala were asked, adding that he didn't mean Stephenie since he considers her from Palau (that pretty much spoiled she was asked) and there could be one or two from the first 7 seasons that weren't on the first A.S.S. He also said that as many as 10 possible 3rd timers were interviewed, Amanda and Parvati included.

Now, I'm still not sure that Coby really knows that much but TDT and RealityTVBlurred are following his spoiling. Eliza has refused to comment in her own thread, which strongly hints that there is something to all this and that she was probably asked.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-13-09, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Hatch wants to go to Samoa"
I am pretty iffy about this idea.

A.S.S. was one of the five worst seasons of Survivor ever, and it had a lot of heroes (Rupert, Colby, Kathy, Ethan) and some villains (Sue, Richard, Shii, Rob) and it was wretched. However, Fans Vs. Favorites was one of the five best seasons.

A lot of the people suggested here aren't either heroes or villains (except Natalie, who is a great villain, and Coach...I may not watch another season with him on it). I am unconvinced on this concept.

Third timers? Ozzy and Amanda AGAIN? Nooo! Rupert and Richard AGAIN! God, no! I don't even want to see Parvati again, and I LOOOVE Parvati.

3 times is seriously at least one time too many!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
I'm glad the judge said no to Hatch. Personally, I'm all Dicque'd out.

I'd like to see Penner get another chance, even though it would be threesies for him. He seemed to be on a roll in FVF when he got hurt. Same with James, but he's probably a lock anyway.

I wish they would let other reality people go. Renny from BB10 would be a hoot on an island. With our luck, though, we'd get BB4 Alison. Best to keep those floodgates closed, I suppose.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

07-17-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
33. "Editing"
Those that follow Survivor much more than I may know the answer to this ...

How much of the editing is JP involved in?

Considering there is no gap between S19 and S20, if JP has been heavily involved in editing, something has to change. I think it's doubtful he would have enough time to be involved in S20 while spending the time required to edit S19.

If the people editing change ... JP is not part of the team ... could the 'show' seem different?

I realize that every season is different due to different casts, but the editing theme is similar. Will it be different?

Just a thought ... on a slow day.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-09, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Editing"
Sorry to burst the bubble but JP is not an editor for the show.
Sure he may have some input, minimal at most, but even he's mentioned how the "producers" have gone a different direction from where he thought the story line would go.

07-20-09, 11:37 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Editing"
No bubble burst.

I was asking if JP was involved in the editing, and you provided the answer ... thanks.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-09, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Editing"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-09 AT 10:53 PM (EST)

n/m

07-19-09, 07:25 PM (EST)
35. "A List"
If anyone's interested, Coby gave his list, writing:

"I am releasing the list of people I was told were asked, said yes and have the best shots of getting on...

Tom Westman
Johnny Fairplay
Big Tom
Shane
Rupert
Randy
Ozzy
Coach
James
Ace
Cirie
Jean Robert
Parvarti
Sierra
Tina
Twila
Amanda
Jerri
Jenna M
Sandra
Stephenie
Natalie
Sugar

Not asked- Eliza, Ami, Bobby Jon, Tyson, Judd, Katie...
Rafe was asked but had to turn it down...he is writing on a major prime time show and couldn't leave.
I do believe Richard not being able to do it leaves a strong hole in the 'winners' hero side...can't just be Tom. So safe to say Todd, Aras, Yul, Brian or Earl would have to be in there too with all these woman winners mentioned. As you can count I only have 23 out of the 30-ish people picked for interviews so we will see..."

After seeing this, a veteran poster, Smokeitgood, wrote:

"-ive heard 90% of the names on coby's list were asked (i dont know who said yes or no btw).
-from what ive been told, the only black men asked to interview were james and - get this - gervase.
-there are still rumors of it having a fans/faves element (as tdt posted)
-i was told that in addition to the winners on cobys list, JT, bob and aras were wanted and asked.
-in terms of the future of the show, the rumors im hearing are suggesting that by doubling up the locations and filming them back to back they saved a significant amount of money and the series will likely continue past 20 with them continuing to double up. until probst and cbs renew officially though theres no guarantees."

07-21-09, 06:37 AM (EST)
38. "If that's the cast, then this is the title."
Survivor: Mission Unwatchable.

Jean Robert?

toad8098 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-21-09, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: A List"
Tom Westman - yes
Johnny Fairplay - no
Big Tom - yes
Shane - no
Rupert - yes
Randy - no
Ozzy - yes
Coach - no
James - yes
Ace - yes
Cirie - yes
Jean Robert - no
Parvarti - no
Sierra - yes
Tina - no
Twila - yes
Amanda - no
Jerri - no
Jenna M - no
Sandra - yes
Stephenie - yes
Natalie - yes
Sugar - yes

07-23-09, 04:14 PM (EST)
40. "RE: A List Survivor all-stars cast may include Coach, Fairplay, Rupert, Ozzy, Parvati, Cirie "
Survivor all-stars cast may include Coach, Fairplay, Rupert, Ozzy, Parvati, Cirie
Survivor 20 »
by Andy Dehnart / July 22, 2009, 12:09 PM

Everyone’s having fun compiling their own lists of who they want to appear on Survivor’s 20th season and third all-star season, which starts production in August, but a list of potential cast members has leaked thanks to the person that leaked the initial confirmation: former cast member Coby Archa.

He posted a list to Survivor Sucks that includes those who “were asked, said yes and have the best shots of getting on.” There are 23 people on the list, and Coby noted about 30 were interviewed. The season will probably have 20 at most, so at least three of these people won’t make it, and there maybe other additions.

I hope this list is total bullshit and/or the producers wise up
because I can’t imagine suffering through a season of Johnny Fairplay (he quit the second time they brought him back, so why again?), Coach, and Sierra. And Ozzy and Parvati and Amanda and Stephenie and James again? Please. That’d be an epic casting fail. How about people we may not have seen in a while but remember fondly? Peih-Gee Law? Colleen Haskell? Elisabeth Filarski Hasselbeck?

Of course, the fact that I’m already irritated validates the whole point of an all-star season: you get viewers invested before the show even starts. And a huge part of the problem of doing all-stars again is that not everyone will say yes, and thus you tend to get the attention-starved ones who have nothing better to do with their lives. And I look forward to perhaps someday interviewing them now that they’ve read this.

Here’s Coby’s list of 23, which I organized by the first season on which the potential cast members appeared; some showed up for both the season eight all-stars and fans versus favorites:

Survivor Australia: Jerri Manthey and Tina Wesson
Survivor Africa: Tom Buchanan
Survivor Amazon: Jenna Morasca
Survivor Pearl Islands: Rupert, Johnny Fairplay, and Sandra
Survivor Vanuatu: Twila Tanner
Survivor Palau: Stephenie LaGrossa and Tom Westman
Survivor Panama: Cirie Fields and Shane Powers
Survivor Cook Islands: Ozzy Lusth and Parvati Shallow
Survivor China: Jean-Robert Bellande, James Clement, and Amanda
Survivor Micronesia: Natalie Bolton
Survivor Gabon: Randy Bailey, Ace Gordon, and “Sugar”
Survivor Tocantins: Sierra Reed and Benjamin “Coach” Wade

Read more: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_20/2009_Jul...

NOTHING FROM THAILAND???

08-13-09, 11:47 PM (EST)
41. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
TDT has some familiar names and faces up for S20 ... complete with TDT's famous snarky remarks.

The partial list:

Jerri Manthey - Americas Sweetheart
Boston Rob
Poopert - we'd rather have Hegrid
Stephenie LaGrossa
Amanda Kimmel - jury airball threepeat
Courtney Yates - eyeball rolling specialist
James Clement
Natalie Bolton
Randy Bailey
'Sugar' Kiper - we prefer aspertame
'Coach' Wade

I'll leave it to you to decide who is a hero and who is a villian.

Here's the link to TDT http://www.truedorktimes.com/s20/survivometer20.htm

08-14-09, 11:59 AM (EST)
43. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
Courtney? I look forward to seeing her tribe start a fire by rubbing her words together.

08-22-09, 09:55 PM (EST)
44. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
TDT has added:

Sandra Diaz-Twine and Danielle DiLorenzo

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-14-09, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
WOO and HOOOOOO! Can't wait for another version of A$$!! So excited. It's just what we need to breathe some new life into Survivor! I have LOVED all of te A$$ seasons so far. Can't wait!

I'm jumping in with both feet here! Here's my Wish List for the Allstars:

Hatch
Boston Rob Mariano (This would be the absolute HIGHLIGHT for me ... I might even have to favor him over OZZY!)
Ozzy ... Third time's a charm!
Coach ... Gotta love him -- I can see him already with Boston Rob and Ozzy!
Michael Skupin
Terry Dietz
Austen
Andrew Savage
Ace
Todd
Dandy Randy
Sugar
Peih Gee
Heidi
Courtney Yates, Eye-Roller Extraordinaire
Taj
Natalie
Becky Lee

Having both Boston Rob AND Ozzy on the same season would be the absolute BEST possible scenario for me!

Read me.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-09, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: A.S.S. #2 (S20) casting speculation."
bump

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •