The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NY Post article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-01, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NY Post article"
Has anyone else seen this? Today's NY Post reported on the accident saying they know what happened to who. Here's the link...
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/24864.htm

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Speculation Fever --- Catch It! AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 1
   RE: Speculation Fever --- Catch It! dangerboy 02-26-01 2
   RE: Speculation Fever --- Catch It! ItzLisa 02-26-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-01, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Speculation Fever --- Catch It!"
Nice to see that speculation about Survivor has spread to the "mainstream" media. There is nothing in this article that we haven't already analyzed, and its poor analysis makes it suitable only for use as a bird cage liner. But I won't just rip it -- here are the flaws in this article:

"So if you want the upcoming crisis to be a surprise - then stop reading now, because The Post has the scoop."

Oh, so they know something definitely, huh? Let's hear it!

"But as reported on the Internet last November, a "Survivor 2" participant fell off a horse and broke his collar bone as the show was filmed in the Australian outback. Based on the age given in those accounts, it appears most likely that the injured contestant is Kucha Tribe member Rodger Bingham."

Gee, I read this on the Internet too. Who said it was a contestant? Haven't we already been through that? Note that the Post carefully does not say it was a contestant in the first sentence either, just a "participant." But then, in the next sentence, it's a contestant, "most likely" Rodger. Did the Post suddenly become privy to a source that is NOT on the Internet? There is no evidence of it!

And why would Rodger be on a horse in the KUCHA CAMP, for Pete's sake? Where would a horse come from? Was it looking for the pig? And why would Rodger try to ride it, if one did show up? I don't think Rodger has delusions of being Roy Rogers....

"At the time of the accident, hospital officials confirmed to the entertainment website Zap2it.com that a man from the set of "Survivor: The Australian Outback" was treated, released and flown back to participate in the show."

Again, our initial thought was that the man from the set who was injured was a crewman. I see nothing here that indicates differently.

"The footage of the injured contestant being airlifted is said to be dramatic and perfect for reality TV."

Said by whom? There is not even an anonymous source being quoted. Maybe God told them. And did anyone see a contestant being airlifted by that helicopter?

It's bad enough to have to fight off the "Bacardi and coke" variety of speculation without having the NY Post produce the same kind of trash. I guess the Post is counting on its readers to have short memories.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-01, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Speculation Fever --- Catch It!"
AK, ya gotta consider the source. The Post IS trash. I can't believe I was actually stupid enough to go and read the article.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-26-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Speculation Fever --- Catch It!"

> I guess the Post
>is counting on its readers
>to have short memories.

***That's exactly what they're counting on. They also count on their readers to have IQs of negative seven. Believe me, the Post is one of the biggest rags here in NY - don't count on anything they have to say.

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •