The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
Thanks to hagiz1 at Sucks.

Now who could this possibly be referring to? Let me think...

Sounds like the death knell for Coach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... michel 05-06-09 1
   RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... Belle Book 05-06-09 9
 RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... dabo 05-06-09 2
 RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... kingfish 05-06-09 3
 RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... Corvis 05-06-09 4
 RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... vince3 05-06-09 5
   RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... Brownroach 05-06-09 6
   RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... dabo 05-06-09 7
       RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... LFJ 05-06-09 8
 RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... Outfrontgirl 05-06-09 10
   RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... michel 05-06-09 11
       RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... Outfrontgirl 05-06-09 12
           RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... michel 05-07-09 13
               RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... PepeLePew13 05-07-09 14
                   RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... Rayne 05-09-09 23
 RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Mar... Outfrontgirl 05-08-09 15
 Ze clues for zis episode Brownroach 05-08-09 16
   RE: Ze clues for zis episode samboohoo 05-08-09 17
   RE: Ze clues for zis episode Outfrontgirl 05-08-09 18
       RE: Ze clues for zis episode Brownroach 05-08-09 19
           RE: Ze clues for zis episode Outfrontgirl 05-08-09 20
           RE: Ze clues for zis episode SquidProQuo 05-08-09 21
               RE: Ze clues for zis episode Outfrontgirl 05-08-09 22
   Exilee... Flowerpower 05-09-09 24
       RE: Exilee... ginger0226 05-09-09 25
           RE: Exilee... michel 05-09-09 26
               RE: Exilee... Brownroach 05-11-09 28
               RE: Exilee... LFJ 05-11-09 30
               RE: Exilee... sol 05-11-09 32
       RE: Exilee... CTgirl 05-09-09 27
       RE: Exilee... goldenmike4393 05-11-09 29
       RE: Exilee... Outfrontgirl 05-11-09 31
           RE: Exilee... Outfrontgirl 05-11-09 33
               RE: Exilee... Georjanna 05-11-09 34
                   RE: Exilee... SquidProQuo 05-11-09 35
               RE: Exilee... dabo 05-11-09 36
                   RE: Exilee... Outfrontgirl 05-12-09 37
                       RE: Exilee... flystorms 05-12-09 38
                           RE: Exilee... dabo 05-13-09 51
                       RE: Exilee... Brownroach 05-12-09 39
                           RE: Exilee... emydi 05-12-09 40
                           RE: Exilee... Outfrontgirl 05-12-09 41
                               RE: Exilee... Brownroach 05-12-09 42
                                   RE: Exilee... PepeLePew13 05-12-09 43
                                       RE: Exilee... Brownroach 05-12-09 44
                                           RE: Exilee... Outfrontgirl 05-12-09 45
                                               RE: Exilee... Brownroach 05-12-09 46
                                                   RE: Exilee... michel 05-12-09 47
                                                       Finale title SquidProQuo 05-12-09 48
                                                           RE: Finale title PepeLePew13 05-12-09 49
                                                               RE: Finale title SquidProQuo 05-13-09 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
Thanks BR,

I can see a pile of wood, Coach tied to a post and everyone involved in a fire challenge to see who can roast Coach first.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-06-09, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
I'd be happy to take part in a fire challenge to see who can roast Coach first!

Belle Book

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
Naturally he will use his psychic eyebeam mutant powers to escape a fate worse than death.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
I wonder if this should cause us to look at "The Ultimate Sacrifice" clue again.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-06-09, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
Well, not that anyone thinks he's going home this week anyway, but this sure cements that Coach is here next week.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
If Coach is taking a Martyr Approach to things, does that mean that Debbie gets voted out this week? Even though Debbie tries a backstab this week, I would think that he'd feel still in it if Debbie was around.............

05-06-09, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-09 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

I tend to agree. An Erinn boot this week would keep his hope alive for the promised JT/Steven/Debbie/Coach final four. And a surprise Steven boot would be even more favorable for Coach.

But this sounds like he has no cards left to play.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

05-06-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
In light of Ben's abundant psychoses it could just mean he tries to psyche Bubbles or Erinn or Taj or even Stephen into doing the fall on your sword samurai thing. After all, they must all be ashamed that they are not Ben, the only one who really deserves to be there with the possible exception of JT.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-06-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
That would be the honorable thing to do. And it would make for an interesting episode.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-09 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

I think it's impossible to call until we get clues, other than telling us we got Coach at F5. And I DO think this will be his boot. I expected CBS to put him front and center when he goes, and now this title appears.

Anyway this boot goes, if Coach is on the block, he can become a "martyr" or accuse someone else of it, or ask someone else to consider it.

To address the Debbie issue, if Debbie is still around but has replaced Coach in the pecking order, he will still feel wronged and betrayed.

See, I don't think Debbie is selling the JT/Stephen/Coach/ Debbie F4 in the F6 episode. I think her play is to sell herself as replacement for Erinn, meaning that she embraces Taj as key to the alliance and superior to herself. Coach has never acknowledged Taj's worthiness, that I know of, and I think that was OK when Timbira had the numbers, but once Timbira became underdogs, they needed to kiss up to all three of the Jalapao, and Debbie has been bonding with Taj since the merge.

05-06-09, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
"Debbie has been bonding with Taj since the merge."

Actually, I don't remember seeing a single scene of Debbie and Taj speaking to each other since the merge and Taj voted Debbie last time.

05-06-09, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-09 AT 11:39 PM (EST)

There was an Insider clip of them from the post-merge episode, at the time when Jalapao was very vulnerable. Debbie reassured Taj that her head wasn't on the chopping block. She made her feel safe at a scary time.

They were both working each other for information, and Taj was lying to Debbie about the idol, and pointing her at Brendan, but it showed that they hang out. Debbie is playing a good social game; everyone has said so. I would be very surprised if the two moms haven't bonded more than has been shown us.

That doesn't mean Taj isn't up for booting her according to plan. I think she is, because it's a game.

In the auction scene their body language is good sitting next to each other, and I think that's before either shares anything with the other re the videos (if they do).

Taj voted Debbie because she wasn't going home, and she couldn't vote Coach, and she had promised Sierra not to let her go out in a landslide. Taj was smart enough not to aim even a throwaway vote at her alliance, unlike Erinn. I'm not saying Taj wouldn't have voted Debbie if the power brokers said to, but this vote was meaningless, as Debbie was her only choice outside Taj's alliance.

If that alliance breaks and shifts this episode, I think Taj's vote will shift accordingly.
IF.

05-07-09, 07:45 AM (EST)
13. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
I'm sure the two moms have to have shared many stories but the interesting thing is that we haven't been shown any of it. To me, that means one of two things: Either their bond comes to nothing and Debbie is the boot or Taj and Debbie are part of a big surprise move. I don't think Debbie and Taj simply joining with JT and Stephen to boot Erinn qualifies but who knows.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
Or Taj/Debbie is the final two. We've been hammered over the head over the years with the maxim "Alliances revealed don't succeed" (for the most part, there's been exceptions).

Not going to hold my breath waiting for a Taj/Debbie F2, though...

Rayne 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-09, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rayne Click to send private message to Rayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
you know Pepe, I don't think we have heard either Stephen or JT actually say that they have a final 2 alliance. We are just being shown it. I could be wrong though.

05-08-09, 03:08 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S18 Episode 12 Title - "The Martyr Approach""
because naming things like alliances and strategies means they work.
In Coach's world.
btw, he said the title last week, Ultimate Sacrifice, and broke the bootee streak.
Will Coach feel sorry for himself? Has he been betrayed?

Cowards abound. I think Coach's language is what made JP reference Shakespeare. Coach likes soliloquys that use brave-sounding words.

05-08-09, 03:20 PM (EST)
16. "Ze clues for zis episode"
ONLY FIVE CASTAWAYS REMAIN IN THE QUEST FOR THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE AND TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR, ON "SURVIVOR TOCANTINS -- THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS," THURSDAY, MAY 14

"The Martyr Approach" - In the aftermath of Tribal Council, a shocking betrayal is revealed, leaving one castaway reeling. Meanwhile, another castaway takes a bizarre approach to Exile Island, which has a polarizing effect on the rest of the tribe, on SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS, Thursday, May 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-09, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ze clues for zis episode"
Sounds like Erin goes to Exile, and her comment is about Exile?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

05-08-09, 04:06 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ze clues for zis episode"
Thanks BR!
>>>a shocking betrayal is revealed, leaving one castaway reeling.

Coach finds out that it was Debbie who voted against him? That should rock his world.

05-08-09, 04:33 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ze clues for zis episode"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

From the Insider clips it sounds like JT plans to make sure Coach damn well knows it was Debbie (or at least not him or Stephen):

"It's gonna be tough for Coach for him and Debbie to split ways, or Debbie to go home. Debbie has already thrown Coach under the bus. Debbie thinks Coach is going home tonight and she likes it. What's gonna really help is the only person that writes Coach down is gonna be Debbie. If Coach realizes that I'm gonna be his savior, not his betrayer. I'm gonna say, 'Yeah, them girls had you picked out, Coach, me and Stephen stepped in, turned it around on Debbie, got rid of the bad apple. You're still here with us, old buddy.'"

05-08-09, 05:31 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ze clues for zis episode"
Gotta give JT his share of points for deviosity.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-08-09, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ze clues for zis episode"
I thought this JT comment was interesting too -- so is he going to throw Taj and Erinn under the bus on this, or just Debbie? Smart on JT's part...he's certainly courting Coach's vote.

Debbie said something in her post interview about how it wasn't her idea to turn on Coach or something like that, and how it's going to come out in the next episodes. I wasn't sure if she meant that Coach was getting on everyone's nerves, or if it really was someone else's idea to go after Coach? It certainly was edited to look like it was all Debbie driving it.

05-08-09, 09:42 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ze clues for zis episode"
I thought she meant that the others had already selected Coach as a target but thought she was not on board, and what she was doing (she said), was letting them know she was good with it, that it was time.

She made a big mistake stepping up. She should have been quiet and meek and let the puppetmasters figure out their own targets.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-09, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Exilee..."
Birdlady from Sucks as well as TDT, both noted that Coach appears to be on Exile Sanddune this week...

Note the sanddune in the background, and then we see Coach in all of his glory in full meditation on top of the sanddune. This must be where he also has the time to concoct his plan to injure himself, so if he were to be voted out, it would'nt be because he himself were rejected, but the fact that he was injured...he can save his face if he goes out with an injury...then he can blame the injury, the circumstances, and not himself...Wow, what an ego!

ginger0226 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-09, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger0226 Click to send private message to ginger0226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Exilee..."
Wow, that is interesting...He is shown making the cane on exile, and the injury very clearly happens at the immunity challenge, so why would he be making a cane for an injury he doesn't have yet? That must be why they are implying the possibility of his faking, because usually when someone gets injured during a challenge, that is not the usual thought process ( even when it's a person who lies alot )

05-09-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Exilee..."
Are we sure of the sequence of events? What if the endurance challenge is the Reward Challenge, Coach gets injured there and then the labyrinth would be the immunity.

With this clue:

"Meanwhile, another castaway takes a bizarre approach to Exile Island, which has a polarizing effect on the rest of the tribe."

The bizarre approach could certainly be Coach winning reward and sending himself to Exile. That way he wouldn't be surrounded by cowards anymore.

The other possibility would be Erinn winning reward and sending Coach. The Jalapaos could find that bizarre if they had agreed to keep Exile to themselves. At this point, however, it must be clear that another idol isn't appearing.

05-11-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Exilee..."
The bizarre approach could certainly be Coach winning reward and sending himself to Exile. That way he wouldn't be surrounded by cowards anymore.

And it fits nicely with a "martyr" act.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Exilee..."
So, however he gets there, Coach goes to EI, prepares himself for a show back at camp, i.e., "I fell", "a croc bit off my leg", "pygmies beat me with a stick". Whatever. "But, I'm Ok Warriors. Look at this great stick I found. I think I might have become Moses at EI? Maybe I can part the river. I don't care how severe my injury is, I'm not blowing off a challenge. It just wouldn't be Prophetic Samarai".

I can imagine him doing it.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-09, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Exilee..."
When Stephen was sent solo to Exile SD, Coach encouraged him. It could be that Coach wants that experience for himself, and so asks that he be exiled. This could elicit a comment from Erinn about Coach being a martyr.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Exilee..."
LOL, FloPo, I just posted the same idea in the vidcap thread that he quits/saves face because of an "injury."

Great minds think alike, but Coach is a legend in his own mind!

goldenmike4393 303 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldenmike4393 Click to send private message to goldenmike4393 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Exilee..."
For anyone who "thinks" this theory might be "far fetched", I actually knew someone at work on "probation" who wasn't cutting his probation. Instead of being returned to his former job a failure, he cooked up a "scheme". He "faked" a heart attack. The ambulance was called, and he explained to everyone upon his return that he had something replaced (ha! never heard of it). He was back in a day (fast recovery, they always makes mistakes).

After that, no one would go near him, no one would ask him to perform the simplest of tasks, and he was "passed".

He just couldn't face the disgrace failing probation and of being returned to his former department!

05-11-09, 05:40 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Exilee..."
from michel's post in the editing thread, Coach quote from Ep 11 TC:

“Anyone that has stayed here, that has put himself on the line, has been honest <Erinn scrunching her face in disapproval, Sierra hiding her face in disbelief> and has never told a lie, deserves to go as far as his body can stand. (bold emphasis mine)

So there it is, implied as the corollary to that statement: when your body can't support you staying any longer, even the honest warrior has to admit it's time. That's an ending to the story that Coach can handle, much better than betrayal by those he "coached" to success.

05-11-09, 09:50 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Exilee..."
just a thougt:
Coach could allegedly tweak his leg in the maze challenge, and then go to exile injured, maybe at his own request, like a wounded dog going off to die...
which could prompt a sarcastic comment about martyrdom

then he fashions a cane/walking stick, which he has with him at the IC, because there's a cap of it. Then he just can't cut the IC and when he falls he allegedly hurts himself more ... that would be a second injury, one that would "defeat the Dragonslayer, yea even he."

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-09, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Exilee..."
I've noticed that there's been no blurb yet about the weekly 'Shocking Tribal Council'. But, I can't see this megalomaniac quitting in any other setting other than at the center of a torchlit stage with all of the supporting players in his personal tour de force in attendance.

In fact, I can't see Benjamin quitting at all. And that's why I think that, if he indeed leaves at Final Five (and I'm not absolutely convinced that he does), he's removed from the Game. After all, how could he leave with any less dire (or less official) diagnosis than the one awarded an ordinary Joe?...

G

05-11-09, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Exilee..."
Here are some new clues from TV Guide, thanks to Trixiego at Mess:

A thoughtless comment by Erinn makes her fellow alliance members view her different and Coach puts on his best game face in an attempt to avoid elimination.

Also, a bizarre trip to Exile Island causes division at camp.

05-11-09, 11:56 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Exilee..."
Interesting. I am very tempted to be cynical about Coach's injury. But he's not way up the Amazon hiding from National Geographic where he can fabricate anything he wants knowing it cannot be disproved. He's on Survivor surrounded by film crews, there is a medical crew on stand-by, outright faking an injury (and continuing the ruse on arriving home) does seem a bit much. He must be convinced he is mortally injured even if it is just a splinter.

05-12-09, 01:11 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Exilee..."
The division at camp, the polarization, could be more than the response to Erinn's words. I'm thinking the camp is polarized as to whether they feel sorry for Coach and believe his injury is real.

Taj and Erinn, no, from what we see.
Stephen, yes, expresses empathy. JT, quite likely.

What is bizarre about Exile? Maybe he "injures" himself out there, with no witnesses except those pesky cameras, which is why he needs the stick. There could be a whole story that goes with the injury. (Or he claims an injury prior to going and chooses exile as a healing quest or something.)

Thus it's a bizarre exile, and when he comes back, he can't hack the challenge, and he falls ... and then the others are divided as to whether he's the biggest drama queen martyr ever or a wounded warrior.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-09, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Exilee..."
Could the polarization come from whether to get rid of Coach or not because of the so-called injury. One side could want to get rid of him just because he's injured - make him the martyr. OR the other side could want to keep him because he's injured and not able to compete well in the final few challenges, thereby increasing the others' chances of getting immunity. Hmmm...if I were out there, I'd probably want to keep him because of this.

05-13-09, 00:19 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Exilee..."
... keep him because he's injured and not able to compete well in the final few challenges, thereby increasing the others' chances of getting immunity. Hmmm...if I were out there, I'd probably want to keep him because of this.

Good point. Ben collapses at IC on day 36 before Tribal that night, the next IC and Tribal is the next day and night. Does keeping him around one more day really matter at this point?

05-12-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Exilee..."
One thing is certain -- this will be the "Shakespearean exit" that Probst promised.

I wonder if Coach will waive a TC vote (not being able to bear to see his name written down) and just melodramatically speechify about how he truly tried to change the game and have the worthiest warriors at the end, only to have his integrity defeated by liars and cowards. Now his wracked wretched body just can't take any more.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Exilee..."
so it's a glorified Osten....no way jiffy tells Coach to go home like Osten...and forget about not letting him have his "final words"

Benji is the new cap'n of SS Osten

Where are Pirates when you need them?

05-12-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Exilee..."
I'm pretty sure Jiffy didn't say Shakespearean exit. Might be conflating the "colorful exit" of Guatemala with this one. He used the word Shakespearean, and I think it was in reference to Tribal Council, just not to an exit. Not sure where the original quote is though ... blog, probably. And I agree this episode should add to the stage atmosphere we've already seen.

05-12-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Exilee..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-09 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

I thought he said "Shakespearean entrances and exits" because I remember wondering how there could be a Shakespearean entrance. I'll see if I can find the quote.

ET: I found it on another message board. It's cited as from Entertainment Weekly.

Contestants should continue to expect the unexpected at Tribal Council. "It's a record-setting number of blindsides," says host Jeff Probst. Other promises from Probst: There will be brutal conditions on Exile Island, "the greatest auction we've ever had," and a player evacuated from the game due to medical conditions. And as for how it all ends? "It's a dramatic finish," promises Probst. "There's over-the-top Shakespearean entrances and exits. It's just fantastical."

05-12-09, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Exilee..."
One Shakespearean entrance could have been last week's where Sierra, Brendan and Tyson walked in with feathers in their hairs and jackets over their shoulders, a la Coach.

05-12-09, 04:11 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Exilee..."
Coach might enter with an exaggerated limp a la Richard III on his return from EI.

05-12-09, 04:20 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Exilee..."
Cool! I was quite wrong, and thanks so much BR for digging up the correct quote.
In honor of the Shakespearean drama promised, my vote this week:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7216.shtml#15

So many great quotes, so much ADD in the world.

05-12-09, 04:52 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Exilee..."
That is hilarious, OFG! And -- scarily on target, I think.

05-12-09, 09:07 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Exilee..."
I don't know if it's been noted but in that quote Jeff says: "a player evacuated from the game due to medical conditions..."

That means Coach isn't medevaced because we've already had the promised evacuation.

05-12-09, 11:29 PM (EST)
48. "Finale title"
Thanks to Anywho at Sucks:

finale title from CBS "I Trust You But I Trust Me More"

05-12-09, 11:31 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Finale title"
Stephen! Sure sounds like Stephen to me.

05-13-09, 00:08 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Finale title"
I agree Pepe!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •