The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"House of Dreams"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

fnbdave 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-10-03, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fnbdave Click to send private message to fnbdave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"House of Dreams"
Anyone else hear about this show for A & E?

It's 16 people work together to build a house and each week people get voted off till the last person standing wins the house. Could be a real ##### fest.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: House of Dreams Tilwee 11-20-03 1
   RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 11-20-03 2
       RE: House of Dreams Tilwee 11-21-03 3
           RE: House of Dreams bell83 11-22-03 4
               RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 11-22-03 5
                   House of Dreams Website fnbdave 12-17-03 6
                       RE: House of Dreams Website fnbdave 01-04-04 7
                           RE: House of Dreams Website aquariaqueen 01-05-04 8
 RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-05-04 9
 RE: House of Dreams Lisapooh 01-06-04 10
   RE: House of Dreams aquariaqueen 01-06-04 11
   RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-06-04 12
       RE: House of Dreams aquariaqueen 01-06-04 13
       RE: House of Dreams 712 01-06-04 14
           RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-06-04 15
               RE: House of Dreams aquariaqueen 01-06-04 16
                   RE: House of Dreams 712 01-06-04 17
                       RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-07-04 20
 RE: House of Dreams SurvivorBlows 01-06-04 18
   RE: House of Dreams Esbea 01-13-04 32
   RE: House of Dreams EnglProf 01-14-04 35
 RE: House of Dreams sleeeve 01-07-04 19
   RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-07-04 21
       RE: House of Dreams SurvivorBlows 01-07-04 22
           RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-08-04 26
 RE: House of Dreams Loree 01-07-04 23
   RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-07-04 24
   RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-08-04 28
       RE: House of Dreams Esbea 01-13-04 33
           RE: House of Dreams Loree 01-15-04 36
               RE: House of Dreams munson 01-16-04 39
                   RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-17-04 40
 RE: House of Dreams minitroll 01-08-04 25
   RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-08-04 27
 RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-09-04 29
 RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-13-04 30
   RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-13-04 31
   RE: House of Dreams Esbea 01-13-04 34
       RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-16-04 37
           RE: House of Dreams FarmBoy 01-16-04 38
               RE: House of Dreams Thaibeach 01-20-04 41
                   RE: House of Dreams Loree 01-20-04 42
                       Missing the Point ginger 01-20-04 44
                           RE: Missing the Point Loree 01-20-04 45
               RE: House of Dreams ginger 01-20-04 43
                   RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-21-04 46
 RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-27-04 47
   RE: House of Dreams ginger 01-29-04 48
 RE: House of Dreams fnbdave 01-31-04 49
   RE: House of Dreams ginger 02-02-04 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tilwee 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-03, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tilwee Click to send private message to Tilwee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: House of Dreams"
Hey fnbdave,
When does it come on ??
I saw the first episode and then I guess I forgot about it or they moved it. But I kinda liked it. I'd like to check back in with it.

11-20-03, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fnbdave Click to send private message to fnbdave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: House of Dreams"
It has not premiered yet...i think it comes out in January...

the other shows you may be thinking of are House Rules and House Wars...both of those suck...they aren't reality shows, they are makeover shows ala Trading Spaces...not my cup of tea

Tilwee 143 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tilwee Click to send private message to Tilwee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: House of Dreams"
Thank you fnbdave !!
Appreciate the info..

bell83 134 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bell83 Click to send private message to bell83 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: House of Dreams"
what station is this suppose to come on? i'm up for any new concepts for reality tv!!!

11-22-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
5. "RE: House of Dreams"
It's supposed to debut on A & E in January...looks like something different from all the others out there now.

12-17-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
6. "House of Dreams Website"
So this sow now has a website where you can find out about the players and watch a promo for the show..

http://www.aetv.com/tv/shows/house_of_dreams/

01-04-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: House of Dreams Website"
Anyone watching this Monday night?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-05-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: House of Dreams Website"
If I remember, I hope to.......

01-05-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
9. "RE: House of Dreams"
I just read a juicy bit of gossip in the NY Post here that says one of the men o the show who was recently married ended up hooking up with one of the female contestants on the show. No he is divorcing his real life wife to be with the woman he met on the show!

And it's not even a dating show! Wow!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: House of Dreams"
I kinda liked it. I was glad Patricia got voted off - if she talked about helping that family one more time I would have thrown a brick at the TV.

01-06-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: House of Dreams"
I enjoyed it as well.

It's an interesting spin for the random selection of red hats. It could really team some unlikely and/or likeable folks together, making the vote very thought provoking.

Did anyone watch the Airline show as well, right after, I loved it. Kudos to Southwest Airlines.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: House of Dreams"
I watched it.

I liked the key ceremony- a random head-of-household/nominated for eviction thing.

George Wendt was boring- He's going to drag down the ratings.

I would be scared of that house once it's finished! I wonder if real builders re-do the work. I can't imagine it passing inspection.

Once again, the #1 rule of reality TV was proven! DO NOT, never, ever go campaining for votes any trying to form alliances on the first day, Patricia! Don't you watch TV?

I'm going to keep watching.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
I'd stick my left foot in, but I've got a kilt on.

01-06-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: House of Dreams"
I like Norm better than George Wendt......very bland, and could easily slip out of the show unnoticed.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-06-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: House of Dreams"
I think it's interesting that they cast a homeless guy.

Did he apply, do you think? I bet he was approached.
I like him though.

01-06-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: House of Dreams"
I liked it and I will tune in for the rest. I think Flor and Jim have great potential to be the villians in this.

Jared is funny and Mike is a riot too.

I wonder if people will vote the homeless guy out if they get a chance too?

01-06-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: House of Dreams"
As a spoiler, didn't they show the homeless guy with a key that didn't work, hence making him a red hat next week?

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-06-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: House of Dreams"
Bah, would they do that, do you think? Blatantly spoil it for us like that?
They were probably just trying to mislead us. I bet his key works.

01-07-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: House of Dreams"
Always look closely at what the contestants are wearing when this type of promo is shown. Many times it is recycled footage from other episodes shown to throw the viewer off.

There are some veterans on this site who are really good at spotting that type of thing- If this show takes off in the ratings hopefully the Vets will show up here posting vid caps, ect so we can track this stuff.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: House of Dreams"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-04 AT 05:59 PM (EST)

I watched it, the first episode was pretty good, but not great, but it has room to grow. I'd have no faith in living in that house though -- but then again, it's probably not going to be of any worse quality than any other house that's built by one of those volunteer home-builder charities.

I missed the first few minutes so I don't know if they mentioned this -- where is that houselot? And was it just me, or was it in the middle of nowhere all on it's own?

I found it interesting that the hottest woman on the show was a 39 year old married woman -- and she was voted out in the first episode. ...clearly the show's producers weren't employing the usual group of casting directors when casting their show -- which IMHO, is a plus. But than again, this was the A&E channel -- not the T&A channel -- so that's probably to have been expected

-SB

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: House of Dreams"
The house is in a new development in Harmony, FL. A&E and Lending Tree are giving away another house in the same neighborhood too.
You gotta believe that they have some professional builders working there too, especially when it comes time to run the electric and plumbing. The house seems to be going up too quickly to only have the contestants working on it. Id probably have MORE faith living in that house, they have to have inspectors crawling up their butts over there.

''Above all, be true to yourself, and if you can not put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.''

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-14-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: House of Dreams"
Ha ha ha-- the T & A channel... which one is that? Fox?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-07-04, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: House of Dreams"
My overall grade for this show: B+

Geroge Wendt needs to liven up a bit and enjoy his role, but if there's anything that we've learned from watching reality TV hosts, it's that they don't really grow into their role until the second season (Anderson Cooper) or later (Jeff Probst), so I don't have much hope for his improvement this season.

As for the house, what's the point in moving to the middle of nowhere, Florida... At least they'll have an adjacent lot with three canvas tents to go camping in ... Seriously, I hope this house isn't as far from civilization as it looks.

As for living in the house... I actually WOULD trust it... it's being supervised by a trained contractor, and honestly it isn't *that* complicated to build a house (on real job sites, most of the employees are only mildly skilled labor when they start out... the only difference here is that there's more newbies and less experienced construction workers around).. I just hope they have a licensed electrician so that it doesn't burn down!!!

Finally... the cast... decent, but I'm not really endeared to any of them yet... we'll see if that changes as the show progresses.

01-07-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: House of Dreams"
Hi SB and Sleeeve!

Responding to both- The house is in Harmony, FL. It is in a brand new subdivision- You can tell by the way the street is laid out and there are stakes here and there marking off lots. Also noticed that the tree-line is evenly cleared- that should be the back property line. I also notices some poles for electrical tie-ins in a few of the shots.

I'm sure the developer is happy- come live where the House of Dreams was built.

I agree- George needs to pull out a few Norm routines.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: House of Dreams"
Is this one of those fake towns like Disney's Celebration?

-SB

01-08-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
26. "RE: House of Dreams"
Exactly!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: House of Dreams"
I watched it. I like the idea of them having it random who gets put up for eviction. Part of it is like Big Brother where they have two up for eviction and the others vote. But nobody nominates them. It is all luck of the draw. Makes you wonder if someone will make it to the end by never drawing the bad key. And some poor players will be picking it every week. And then the jury gets to try and sway others to vote like them. And they have no secret vote. So whoever sticks around may very well find out exactly who voted against them. Even alliances may not always help you. You could end up with a red hat along side an ally. And do you want to be up against someone that is well-liked or hated? The jury brought up reasons for keeping both. It was also interesting about how they all seemed to have some sympathy story about why they needed the house. I kept thinking of Jon from Survivor and wondering if any of the stories were just a bunch of bull. I still don't remember many of their names. But that will come with time.

01-07-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
24. "RE: House of Dreams"
I think the show will get better as it goes along. The previews for next showed drama drama drama! That is what I like. Can't wait to see Jim and FLor have thier illicit affair on camera...juicy.

01-08-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
28. "RE: House of Dreams"
<someone will make it to the end by never drawing the bad key>

Good point Loree!!

A little luck could carry someone all the contestants hate a long way.

01-13-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: House of Dreams"
but thats not a guarantee that theyll stick around. If the jury is tied in the "eviction vote" then the red hats get to choose someone to boot out. I like that idea.

''Above all, be true to yourself, and if you can not put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.''

01-15-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: House of Dreams"
At least now we realize that whoever had a red hat and didn't leave doesn't have to pick a key the next week.

But this system can only go on so long. Pretty soon they will have to change the system or have all of them pick keys.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-16-04, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: House of Dreams"
I, for one, don't like the random key ceremony. Too arbitrary, too random. But then again, the reason I love shows like Survivor and Big Brother is the scheming and strategy.

I'd like to see the surviving Red Hat nominate the next two to face the jury.

Who thinks that next week we'll see an intentional jury deadlock and Mike getting voted out? Now there's some scheming I'm looking forward to!

01-17-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
40. "RE: House of Dreams"
Here Here..the scheming is heating up and the sex is bound to happen soon with Jim and Flor according to the gossip rags...

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-08-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: House of Dreams"
I watched it and I enjoyed it. It seems like an interesting mix of people, but I have to wonder how many of those sob stories are actually true.

01-08-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
27. "RE: House of Dreams"
I agree Mini-

I wonder if any more sob stories will pop up.

the promos are picking on Mike- makes me think he goes a long way.

01-09-04, 10:48 PM (EST)
29. "RE: House of Dreams"
For those that missed the premiere I believe it is being shown on Sunday afternoon, not sure what time and it is definitely being shown on Monday night at 8pm before the new episode at 9pm...which i can't wait for!

01-13-04, 08:20 AM (EST)
30. "RE: House of Dreams"
Watched the 01/12/2004 episode- It was pretty obvious that they're not really building the house. They also seem to have a lot of free time at the camp.

George W. was boring again. It is also more interesting when there is an even number on the jury. Producers should have done something to ensure that every round.

01-13-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
31. "RE: House of Dreams"
Also saw the 1/12 show and thought it was very good..

01-13-04, 05:46 PM (EST)
34. "RE: House of Dreams"
"It is also more interesting when there is an even number on the jury. Producers should have done something to ensure that every round."

Evict 2 people every week?

01-16-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
37. "RE: House of Dreams"
In the new issue of STAR Magazine there is an article called "Broken House of Dreams" and is all about the affair married man Jim had with Flor during the course of the show.

01-16-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
38. "RE: House of Dreams"
ohhhh.....hee hee hee

The gossip is better than the show!

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-20-04, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: House of Dreams"
Anyone else hear about this show for A & E?
It's 16 people work together to build a house and each week people get voted off till the last person standing wins the house. Could be a real ##### fest.

It's more like a snoozefest. A b****fest would be a lot more interesting.

George Wendt is surprisingly dull as the host. The show needs a host with a snippy edge, who probes a little more. (Or maybe it's just dull beyond redemption.)

01-20-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
42. "RE: House of Dreams"
I found myself yelling at the TV screen lastnight saying "just vote and get it over with". Could they have dragged it out any longer? I just wish I had been watching on tape so I could have FF to the end. They really need to speed up parts of this show. It wasn't dramatic just boring when they took forever to get to the decision.

Looks like the Jim and Flor affair pops up next week. And Jim may be in trouble if he gets a red hat. He is seen as someone that manipulates. Would be interesting if Jim and Mike got red hats together.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Missing the Point"
But what about the stucco? And the flooring choices?

The really exciting stuff!

01-20-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Missing the Point"
Oh yeah, I forgot about the design part.

Mike thought Amy wasn't daring enough with her choices. Whatever. LOL!

01-20-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: House of Dreams"
There was a lot of denial of this in the scenes from next week. Too much denial.

Denial by a guy carrying a red bra around in his pocket.

01-21-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
46. "RE: House of Dreams"
page 83 STAR Magazine...get it!

01-27-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
47. "RE: House of Dreams"
Anyone watch last night and have thoughts?

Jim Flor affair has started to be shown....pacts are being formed and the people with deserving stories are being booted...this is good

01-29-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
48. "RE: House of Dreams"
Note use of "pact" instead of "alliance." Not that there is any difference, actually.

01-31-04, 09:27 PM (EST)
49. "RE: House of Dreams"
For those that watch A&E is changing the time to Mondays at 11pm/10central...

02-02-04, 06:35 PM (EST)
50. "RE: House of Dreams"
THANK YOU--I would have missed it!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •