The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-17-09, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""

AN EXOTIC REWARD GIVES A GROUP OF CASTAWAYS A TASTE OF BRAZILIAN CULTURE BEFORE A NAIL-BITING IMMUNITY CHALLENGE ENDS WITH SHOCKING RESULTS, ON "SURVIVOR TOCANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS," THURSDAY, APRIL 23

One castaway attempts to pull off a last minute upset with a devious strategic move, while another becomes an outcast and is forced to beg for a second chance, on SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS

It seems tyson gets the title quote this week.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... vince3 04-17-09 1
 RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Outfrontgirl 04-17-09 2
   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... tribephyl 04-18-09 4
 This week: Estee 04-17-09 3
 RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... tribephyl 04-18-09 5
   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Loree 04-18-09 6
 RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Outfrontgirl 04-18-09 7
   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Loree 04-18-09 8
       RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Outfrontgirl 04-18-09 9
           RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Outfrontgirl 04-18-09 10
               RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Belle Book 04-18-09 11
                   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Outfrontgirl 04-18-09 12
 RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... television 04-19-09 13
   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... tribephyl 04-19-09 14
   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Brownroach 04-21-09 15
       RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... ginger0226 04-21-09 16
 CBS Web Site Clues CTgirl 04-22-09 17
   RE: CBS Web Site Clues suzzee 04-22-09 18
       RE: CBS Web Site Clues CTgirl 04-22-09 19
   RE: CBS Web Site Clues Outfrontgirl 04-22-09 20
       RE: CBS Web Site Clues Flowerpower 04-22-09 21
           RE: CBS Web Site Clues Outfrontgirl 04-23-09 23
               RE: CBS Web Site Clues PepeLePew13 04-23-09 28
       RE: CBS Web Site Clues CTgirl 04-22-09 22
       RE: CBS Web Site Clues Brownroach 04-23-09 29
   Food for thought... Flowerpower 04-23-09 27
   RE: CBS Web Site Clues Outfrontgirl 04-23-09 30
       RE: CBS Web Site Clues PepeLePew13 04-23-09 32
           RE: CBS Web Site Clues Outfrontgirl 04-23-09 33
 RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Georjanna 04-23-09 24
   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... citywitch 04-23-09 25
       RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... Outfrontgirl 04-23-09 31
   RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When Pe... PhillyBrat 04-23-09 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-09, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
Shocking Results? Like a Coach win? *blech*

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-09, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
I'm guessing the castaway trying for an upset is not Tyson, or Coach, because they think they have it all under control now with Brendan gone. Not Sierra, the one in danger.

So someone wants to save Sierra or get rid of Tyson or Coach, or both, probably one of the old Jalapao, although Debbie does seem tight with Sierra, but I don't see her rocking the boat yet. Never can tell, Erinn might get some game in her, after all, she's next on the current chopping block if Sierra goes.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-09, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
The thing is... those who are picked upon often end up receiving the most support. Tyson/Coach may want to "enslave" Sierra but I'm guessing most everyone else will want to come to her rescue.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "This week:"
"Oh, God. I heard another two million clicks."

04-18-09, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
1. AN EXOTIC REWARD GIVES A GROUP OF CASTAWAYS A TASTE OF BRAZILIAN CULTURE
snore

2. A NAIL-BITING IMMUNITY CHALLENGE ENDS WITH SHOCKING RESULTS
Oooo...this could mean that finally, the one who needs immuntiy most will receive it. Or the one who's never expected to win an immunity will actually win one. Sierra, Erinn or... Coach or maybe even Debra?

3. while another becomes an outcast and is forced to beg for a second chance
Definitely Sierra

4. One castaway attempts to pull off a last minute upset with a devious strategic move
Hmmm.... attempts is a lot different than other verbs that could have stood in it's place. My guess is the attempt is futile.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-09, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
>
>2. A NAIL-BITING IMMUNITY CHALLENGE ENDS
>WITH SHOCKING RESULTS

Maybe the shock is that the person who thinks they are the winner is disqualified and someone else gets the Immunity.

>4. One castaway attempts to pull
>off a last minute upset
>with a devious strategic move

This sounds like someone working alone. Who would want to change things up instead of going with the flow? The word "devious" makes me think of Tyson. Maybe he tries something and it backfires and Tyson is booted.

04-18-09, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
>>.A NAIL-BITING IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

well then, JT should win this one. He has been practicing all season, and must have them down to the nubs.

Loree, I agree the person trying the devious move must be working alone, and the clue sure makes it sound like it doesn't work, and when plans don't work they often backfire.

I wonder if Tyson decides JT is too big a threat to ally with and someone in old Jalapao gets wind of a plan (for instance, Erinn would run and share it), and they turn on Tyson.

Five votes are needed this week, UNLESS someone emulates Cirie and pulls off a misdirected vote. With that many votes needed it's going to be hard to pull off a move against JT without involving Erinn and Sierra - whom they've been trashing.

OTOH, Sierra has no loyalty to Jalapaos or cross tribal alliance (what a dud), and is begging for another chance. If she wants another chance to show loyalty to her own tribe she has to be willing to vote JT, Taj, or Stephen as directed by the "power players."

But maybe Coach doesn't want to vote off JT and co-coach is striking off on his own. Then say Coach can be relied on to vote Sierra, so 4 votes are needed. If Tyson gets Debbie and Sierra, he still needs Erinn ...

Say Erinn goes to JT and they secretly turn it around against Tyson. If Coach is voting Sierra, then JT/Stephen/Taj/Erinn have the votes to blindside Tyson.

There are other ways this could work, just some spec.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-09, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
JT, Stephen and Taj can get the votes to get rid of Tyson or Coach if they act like they are going along to vote out Sierra. As long as Coach and Tyson are voting out Sierra the others only need 4 votes to boot Coach or Tyson. Sierra can't vote for herself. So there would not be a 4-4 tie. JT can ask Errin to vote with them against Coach or Tyson. There is the 4 votes needed to boot. It wouldn't matter who Debbie or Sierra voted for. There would not be a tie. Tyson or Coach would leave with 4 votes against them.

04-18-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
Yes, that is absolutely true, Loree. The old Jalapao CAN blindside Tyson by recruiting Erinn, and if Tyson loses immunity I'd think that was a no brainer.

I was trying to work with the clue where it seems like one person "attempts" something that probably doesn't work, so I was trying to figure out who would strike out with a devious move and how it could fail.

Coach seems quite attached to keeping JT, who has just shown loyalty in the last vote, so I'm thinking Tyson might see the wisdom of getting rid of JT sooner than later, and try to work it behind Coach's back. Then ask for forgiveness later. I could see Debbie being enough of a player to go along. She can't be that happy having JT poised to squeeze her out of her place in her alliance.

04-18-09, 04:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-09 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

OK, new promo shows that Sierra beats Tyson in the IC and may even win it, which would change everyone's plans around. Now we need scenarios where no one can vote for Sierra.

The ways hers is shown lit up by itself with the orange background, seems to say it's the winning shot? That would be SHOCKING given the arrogant condescending treatment leading up to her inevitable boot that will have preceded the IC.

Who would be in sudden danger, i.e. the public target - from Coach (who thinks he's calling the shots). Taj or Erinn I would think.
But surely Tyson is the obvious threat.
The devious strategy by one castaway is what has me puzzled.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-18-09, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
Maybe Coach decides to target Erinn, but Tyson decides on a "devious strategy" of getting rid of J. T. behind Coach's back. He tries to involve Erinn in on it, but she turns on Tyson and helps Jalapao vote Tyson out.

Belle Book

04-18-09, 06:48 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
I really like that idea, Belle.
>>>Tyson decides on a "devious strategy" of getting rid of J. T. behind Coach's back.
essentially what I was spec'ing above, substituting Erinn for Sierra. Shouldn't be difficult for JT to recruit Sierra against Tyson.

This would require Tyson believing that he can get ALL the Timbira women to go with his plan, which is pretty arrogant, but then Tyson's that way.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-19-09, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
Hey guys, I just read the Insider transcript on SurvivorFever, and there's some interesting stuff there. (I wanted to post it here, but for some reason a copy/paste jumbled up the format; maybe 'cause I have a mac, I dunno, but I don't have time to reformat it)

Anyway, some observations from it:

1. at tribal council votes, Erinn votes Sierra and says something like "I would write down your name a thousand more times", which indicates some significant dislike going on.

2. Stephen talks about Coach as Don Quixote (the most apt and hilarious analogy I could imagine), but mentions that it's hard to think of stabbing him in the back because he's so honest.

3. JT talks about the 'power alliance' of Coach, Debbie, Tyson, him and Stephen, and says he'll do whatever it'll take to get them to the final 5, but won't settle for him and Stephen being 4th and 5th.

4. Erinn talks about Coach's stories, but talks about him in a respectful way, not a 'this ##### needs to be gone' sort of way.

5. Taj doesn't really seem to be making any strategic moves or observations.

6. Coach loves Stephen and JT.

All of these things, when reading the clues for this week, make me think that Sierra will most definitely be going unless she wins immunity. Erinn doesn't seem like she'll try to stir things up and will be happy to vote out Sierra. Stephen and JT seem into their alliance, and if they get jumpy about being the minority at final 5, I don't think it'll benefit them to turn on their alliance until the final 7, with an alliance of 4. The 'last minute upset with a devious strategic move' sounds too desperate and shaky for the calculated way that Steve and JT have been playing. My thoughts would be that it's Taj realizing that she needs to secure a place in an alliance and coming up with a plan to turn on Coach et al. I think she'll fail and Sierra goes home.

The only monkey wrench is if Sierra wins immunity and people realize that Tyson may win everything else if they let him get by this time. But I think if Sierra wins immunity then Erinn will go (which would be the only thing to lead her to be the one to pull the 'devious strategic move', if she knows her back's against the wall).

Actually, thinking about it, that makes sense. It doesn't behoove anyone to try to pull a 'last minute upset' at final 8 unless their back is against the wall, or if an immunity threat in the majority alliance is vulnerable. So the only way either of those things can happen is if Sierra wins immunity.

So, Sierra wins immunity, the 'devious move' is either Erinn trying to save herself and get out Tyson, Taj trying to save herself and take out Tyson, or Taj just trying to turn the game around and get out Tyson. Based on the title quote and the association with Tyson's previous comments about Erinn, I'm thinking Sierra wins immunity, Erinn becomes the target, goes after Tyson, fails, and is out.

Should be an interesting week. Thoughts?

04-19-09, 02:29 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
I am of completely the same thought, television.

Unfortunately for you, I'm usually wrong.

As much as I would appreciate an F2 of Sierra and Erinn, it's been looking like their times are up for a couple of weeks now and there can only be so much hype that's thrown onto an inevitable outcome.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-09, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
That sounds very plausible to me, tv.

I'm still not convinced that Tyson is leaving yet, because, mean/snarky confessionals notwithstanding, no one says anything bad about *him*. He seems to be well-liked. No one even seems particularly worried that he's an immunity threat.

And as per your Insider tidbits, JT seems happy to be in alliance with Tyson for now. I don't see him wanting to move against Tyson yet (and I don't think Tyson will move against JT either).

A red flag went up for me in last week's preview when Erinn was shown saying "it gives me some room to play around." Then in the ep she was shown getting tighter with JT. Previously we'd gotten no strategy talk or moves from her. So I wouldn't be surprised if that was building to a miscalculated move by her and a boot this week.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

ginger0226 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-21-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger0226 Click to send private message to ginger0226 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
I have a feeling that Tyson's plan to spend 3 days verbally abusing Sierra to amuse himself is going to backfire. It is going to show his tribemates a very different side of him. People don't like bullies....

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-09, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "CBS Web Site Clues"
One castaway begs for a second chance but becomes an outcast after an emotional outburst. Sierra

A group of castaways get a taste of Brazilian culture and cuisine on an exotic reward. JT, Tyson, Debbie, Erinn

A nail-biting immunity challenge comes down to the wire with shocking results. Sierra vs. Tyson

One softspoken mastermind presents a devious strategic move to his alliance at the last minute. Will he be able to pull off an upset?

This clue is a little more clear cut that the first version and could hold the boot story. To me, Stephen is the only soft-spoken person in an alliance. He could decide to go after Tyson if Sierra has immunity thinking to get him while he's unprotected.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-09, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-09 AT 06:11 PM (EST)

I guess JT could be considered soft spoken as well but I don't think of him as a mastermind unless his plan to get Timbira to hate each other was a plan. They were well on that path before the merge. Stephen sounds like da man.

What would be an upset though? He was pretty much going with the flow, watching and waiting. I wonder if he's done biding his time? Hope this episode is as good as the hype

04-22-09, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
You're right, JT could be considered soft-spoken also. Stephen came to mind first - maybe they pull something off together.

04-22-09, 06:44 PM (EST)
20. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
I was just coming to discuss this new clue. It could be either Stephen or JT, and probably doesn't matter which one.

The main thing is we now know it's NOT Erinn trying to make a move. She is probably the alternate target. I think Sierra will be safe for sure or the IC would not have shocking results - only if the unanimously agreed upon target is suddenly safe will there be scrambling this episode.

I think "presents to ... his alliance" must refer to the Taj/JT/Stephen trio as what could get presented to the whole alliance that includes Coach/Tyson/Debbie ... who could be an upset target?

I do think it's Tyson who should be targeted, because he's a runaway IC threat, and we've seen before how people see that they have maybe one chance to deal with a threat and that's it ... and they make previously unplanned moves.

I wonder though what is devious about the strategy. Is it as simple as recruiting Erinn and Sierra to vote Tyson? That seems EASY. So I'm still puzzled.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-09, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
One softspoken mastermind presents a devious strategic move to his alliance at the last minute. Will he be able to pull off an upset?

Yes, I think you guys are onto this one...the softspoken mastermind is either JT or Stephen, I think most likely Stephen...he is the one that noted last week to JT that they needed to get Brendan out, as they may not have another chance. The alliance of Coach, Tyson, Debbie, Jt, Stephen will target Erinn when Sierra wins the immunity. Most likely Stephen, at the last minute, will gather JT, Taj together and target Tyson, as he is aware that "they may not get another chance"...they will clue Erinn in, along with Sierra and Tyson will go....OR, it will be too late and will fall through the cracks, and Erinn will still go...

I lean far more toward a Tyson boot because I feel like it has to be a blindside, and we know that Stephen and JT are aware of who the physical threats are...it will really be apparent if Tyson ALMOST wins this IC, again! They have to make the move when the circumstance presents, and we heard Stephen...he told JT that he'd go along with them now, IF, JT would agree to turn on them later...well, later is NOW...at least I think?

04-23-09, 03:40 AM (EST)
23. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-09 AT 03:43 AM (EST)

Looking at the vidcaps of the group standing in the rain, which I think might be post I-C, (Sierra and Tyson not shown, Coach, JT, Stephen, Debbie, no necklace) - Erinn looks really distressed. Like maybe she just realized she is the next target.

What if JT and Stephen don't want to outright break the alliance with Coach and Debbie but they agree to give Erinn an idol if she and Sierra will vote Tyson. The others vote Erinn the way it's all supposed to go.

Erinn would play the idol and Tyson would go. Kind of far-fetched ... and a waste of an idol really, because unless everyone involved kept it a secret after the boot Coach and Debbie would find out what happened, but it would be interesting.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-09, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
I'm getting rather concerned about Erinn... she's looking more and more like Gollum with each passing day.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

04-22-09, 09:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
Well it is CBS's PR machine calling it devious and we know how they exaggerate things!

I think if JT and Stephen turn against Tyson who they are supposedly aligned with, it would be considered devious.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-09, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
I don't see how the "soft-spoken mastermind" can be anyone but Stephen. JT has been announcing who his targets are, I don't see him as soft-spoken in the slightest.

I wonder though what is devious about the strategy. Is it as simple as recruiting Erinn and Sierra to vote Tyson? That seems EASY. So I'm still puzzled.

"Devious" doesn't mean it has to be hard to pull off. It's devious because it's a change of plan: voting out one of your larger alliance prematurely, when they are not expecting it.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-09, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Food for thought..."
Regarding this clue...

For some interesting food for thought, I found a comment from donutsrule in the Mess Hall Vote thread at sucks...

2nd pick = For a "what is she smoking?" choice I'd go for Stephen. My reasons are thus:
He's had his snake moment (Brendan), he's had his reward (exile last episode), he said as long as JT thought he was his goofy side kick he would be fine but he stuffed that up last tribal when he said he was glad JT had a bigger target on his back and JT looked at him with a "I see how you are" look and then there is Erinn's "I like new Coach". He attempts but fails. I know a lot of people here like his approach but as a viewer, he's been boring me lately and it wouldn't be a surprise to the viewers if he bit the dust because the Pao's are down in numbers anyway. (7-1)

While I don't think this will materialize this week, I thought donutsrule made some great observations....I, too, noted that JT definately had some "aha" moments regarding his sidekick, Stephen. Now with Stephen most likely finding an idol at Exile, boy, wouldn't this be a great time to BLINDSIDE him....now that would be a phenomenal episode...

04-23-09, 02:21 PM (EST)
30. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
I'm often wrong, but I'm not feeling the thrown challenge.
For one thing, I don't believe Sierra has anyone who wants to save her. I think she has to save herself.

Second, the clues this week look to me to conform to OFG2 theory that they progress through the episode.

One castaway begs for a second chance but becomes an outcast after an emotional outburst.

After TC, pre-RC

A group of castaways get a taste of Brazilian culture and cuisine on an exotic reward.

Reward

A nail-biting immunity challenge comes down to the wire with shocking results.

IC, of course, covering all the way to the end results.

Pre TC scrambling ...
My bet is on Sierra winning immunity means Erinn or Taj are on the block, probably Erinn as Taj is barely present in the promos this week. The thing is, if the old Jalapao decide to take out Tyson it shouldn't even be a question they can do it, if Erinn needs to save herself, and after how Tyson has treated Sierra.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-09, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
>Will he be able to pull
>off an upset?
>
>Pre TC scrambling ...
>My bet is on Sierra winning
>immunity means Erinn or Taj
>are on the block, probably
>Erinn as Taj is barely
>present in the promos this
>week. The thing is,
>if the old Jalapao decide
>to take out Tyson it
>shouldn't even be a question
>they can do it, if
>Erinn needs to save herself,
>and after how Tyson has
>treated Sierra.

(Hi OFG! check your red wavy flag in a couple mins...)

I'm thinking of how the general public views Tyson and I think that the average viewer would consider it to be a big upset if Tyson got knocked out of the game. Erinn or Sierra wouldn't be an upset. Taj wouldn't be an upset either but like you said, she hasn't been featured so I'd say she's safe this week.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

04-23-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
33. "RE: CBS Web Site Clues"
excellent point, Pepe - Tyson or Coach would be upset boots, bigtime.
I was puzzled because the clue is so iffy ... a lot of times the answer to those "will he be able to pull it off" clues turns out to be NO. But I think this should be easy to pull off once he decides to make the move. I just don't see Erinn or Sierra or Taj saying no to the plan.

JT might be worried about the wrath of Coach, dunno. Once the Coach alliance is down to Coach and Debbie, not so much to worry about!

Oh well, probably just CBS hype to keep us on the edge of our seats.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-23-09, 06:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-09 AT 06:25 AM (EST)

It’s probably nothing …

But the wording of these clues – and the Vidcap below – suggest to me that perhaps the devious strategic move occurs before or duing the IC rather than before or during Tribal Council.

First there is the straightforward statement that the IC ends with shocking results. And the Vidcap (in fact, the entire series of Vidcaps of Sierra celebrating her advantage – Jeff in the background) seems to me to picture a host not particularly pleased with either the events unfolding before him or with their result … or both.

Now we have a softspoken mastermind who presents the devious strategic move to his alliance at the last minute. And if 'softspoken' refers to a trait rather than to a tactic, that would certainly indicate that the mastermind is Stephen. But, what if it refers to someone speaking softly to his alliance during the last minutes of the IC or during the last minutes preceding it?

Still probably Stephen – returned from Exile – but with a plan that requires a particular person to win Immunity and/or his alliance to throw the IC?

And the principal reason that this improbability keeps going ‘round in my head is that word – upset. Given its historic reliance on another word, if the clue refers to a softspoken – or softly-speaking - mastermind attempting to effect a last minute blindside, why wouldn't CBS use its stock, money-in-the-bank tease?

G

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-23-09, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
this is so intriging...
)we all know how Jiffy hates it when immunity challenges are thrown
2)an upset at the last minute could indeed be at the challenge and not tribal council. I've been having a hard time figuring out what could be "shocking". Previews hammer us with Sierra winning, so at this point we wouldn't be shocked. Tyson winning a 3rd IC wouldn't be shocking either.
3)sadly, our imaginations are usually so much better than the actual events

04-23-09, 02:42 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
>>>I've been having a hard time figuring out what could be "shocking". Previews hammer us with Sierra winning, so at this point we wouldn't be shocked.

but the promo doesn't say WE will be shocked. The results are shocking for the players within the game. Therefore a Sierra immunity would fit, because they are all counting on a no-brainer vote and this turns things on their head. Plus they are shocked because they underestimated little Sierra and didn't think she could win.

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-09, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode #9: "It's Funny When People Cry""
I think the challenge itself is where the planning of plans comes into play.

It is a very good challenge to "throw" if Stephen wants Sierra to get immunity. (I mean what better way to see who would go next when your alliance is holding two immunity idols.)

So if Sierra is currently the winner of the challenge and Stephen is last to shoot and he "fails". He himself could change the outcome of the game/challenge.

How they are going to vote for Tyson might be when he sudjests that they vote out Taj over Erin. Taj is more of an immunity threat. And Stephen and JT arn't wiling to let her go so they react by removing tyson.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •