The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 Title: "The Dragon Slayer""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 Title: "The Dragon Slayer""
Thanks to hagiz1 at survivor sucks:

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/48954

Sounds like something Coach would call himself if he is about to "kill" JT... or maybe someone targets Coach!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 T... suzzee 04-03-09 1
 RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 T... Flowerpower 04-03-09 2
   RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 T... Outfrontgirl 04-04-09 3
       RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 T... suzzee 04-04-09 4
 Who is the Dragon Slayer? suzzee 04-04-09 5
   RE: Who is the Dragon Slayer? Outfrontgirl 04-04-09 6
 Misdirection Clues... Flowerpower 04-04-09 7
   RE: Misdirection Clues... Outfrontgirl 04-04-09 8
   RE: Misdirection Clues... Brownroach 04-06-09 9
       RE: Misdirection Clues... ShellyMay 04-07-09 15
           RE: Misdirection Clues... Brownroach 04-07-09 16
               RE: Misdirection Clues... michel 04-07-09 18
                   RE: Misdirection Clues... ShellyMay 04-08-09 20
   RE: Misdirection Clues... PepeLePew13 04-06-09 10
       RE: Misdirection Clues... Brownroach 04-06-09 11
           RE: Misdirection Clues... 5cats 04-06-09 12
               RE: Misdirection Clues... michel 04-06-09 13
                   RE: Misdirection Clues... Brownroach 04-07-09 14
                       RE: Misdirection Clues... jobgirl 04-07-09 17
                           RE: Misdirection Clues... michel 04-07-09 19
 Power Player = Coach Brownroach 04-09-09 21
   RE: Power Player = Coach suzzee 04-09-09 22
       RE: Power Player = Coach Brownroach 04-09-09 23
           RE: Power Player = Coach Outfrontgirl 04-09-09 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 Title: "The Dragon Slayer""
With the stupendous ego of Coach it does sound like something he'd say. If it his, and going by his track record for grandiose pronouncements, he could mean Brendan. Editing will probably want to get a few more "Coach moments" out of him before his exit.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-09, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 Title: "The Dragon Slayer""
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-09 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

As Joeyshox noted in the vidcap thread, Jiffy refers to Coach as the "dragon slayer" that lurks...in a warning to Brendan...

Note Jiffy's blog.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-09, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 Title: "The Dragon Slayer""
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-09 AT 03:52 AM (EST)

I wonder if Coach even remembers that Brendan was the first person he approached and called a worthy ally.

Nah, probably not. I about choked in the last ep when he talked about the people he had chosen to take to the end - those at Timbira ... including the three women. Whatever happened to his alpha male bonding philosophy?

So I watched in Ep 6, after Timbira won the pigs challenge and they hugged.
Debbie jumped into Coach's arms.
Erinn and Sierra hugged Brendan.
Tyson was celebrating all alone.
Not a group hug at all.

After the IC, it was Brendan hugging Erinn (but they were at the puzzle board together). Sierra and Debbie hugging, and Coach went for Tyson.

I think Coach imagines he has all the women, but Debbie is his only convert.
I do not see Coach with the votes to oust Brendan just now. Two votes, plus his own, and then he'd have to recruit Jalapao (difficult given the secret alliance). I think Brendan could take out Coach, but was shown as willing to leave Coach in play at the moment.

I think Brendan needs to take out Tyson, of his own, and JT. I like both JT and Tyson, so I would be sorry to see it, but if I were Brendan I would want to ... then Coach. But if JT joins the CTA, and Joe is next, then definitely Tyson ... and Coach can go after Brendan, but how to close the deal I'm not so sure.

04-04-09, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Tocantins Episode #7 Title: "The Dragon Slayer""
Whatever happened to his alpha male bonding philosophy?

Coach loves to talk the talk but really I don't think he wants the competition. If he thinks he has the women's votes to get rid of the truly strong males. He can't keep up with Tyson, Brendan, JT, or Joe. I'm not sure he'd acknowledge Stephen as a threat I really can't wait for Stephen to tell us what he thinks of Coach once they are merged.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

04-04-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
5. "Who is the Dragon Slayer?"
I wonder if it is a strong player? Aren't "dragon slayers" sometimes the young unexpected heroes? Jeff's blog tells Brendan or (snort) granola boy to beware of the Dragon Slayer. While Coach may be the obvious one to want Brendan out I can see him thinking he's the slayer but he hasn't been shown to be very competent in game play unless this would be a "redemption edit" scenario.

I feel that the true slayer would be someone else that might be moving towards a more worthy edit. That being said (and since I'm wading into the deep end here) who could that be?

Stephen: His first impression is the nerdy guy that sort of fumbles around camp, we see him as analytical and thoughtful perhaps maturing into the type that overcomes the first impression. He has doubts about Brendan and has voiced them.

Erin: A bit of an outsider but having value to other tribe members especially post merge. I don't see her masterminding a Brendan boot though.

Sierra or Debbie: No, the exile alliance for Sierra and Debbie while she would vote with Coach right now she isn't a slayer.

Taj: Still needs the exile alliance.

Joe: The walking wounded and I think he's the evacuation boot, tragic heroes do manage one big move but usually support the hero on to greater things.

Tyson: He could go with Coach and Debbie to vote against Brendan but it's too late after the merge and the exile alliance gains some power for a bit.

JT: I could see him as a dragon slayer. I guess it's the whole unworldly country boy thing he's got going. The slayer/hero types usually come from humble beginnings.

Looks like I'm going for JT or Stephen to be the Dragon Slayer, I can't wait to watch this episode I love merges

Suzzopolis by Tribe

04-04-09, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who is the Dragon Slayer?"
suzzee, I like your analysis a lot ... good to consider how all these players may do at getting rid of other threats.

But as for the title, I think Jiffy's comment is pretty clear:

Brendan's fate will come down to how he fares with Coach 'cause Coach wants him gone. Beware granola boy…the Dragon Slayer lurks….

Coach will self-title himself the "Dragon Slayer" in another staggeringly humble Coach moment.

Brendan is more than a challenge threat. Brendan has two of the Timbira women on his side (note how Sierra and Erinn hugged Brendan after the Pigs Fly challenge, but only Debby hugged Coach.)

Would Sierra and Erinn surrender to Coach's charisma if Brendan were gone. Nah, not a snowball's chance. But Coach doesn't get that.

So ... Brendan is a threat to Coach's "leader" position that he imagines he occupies in his tribe, plus Tyson has informed Coach that Brendan has been making friends on the other side. That gives Coach a "righteous" excuse to slay his tribemate early on.

Hope he doesn't succeed! I think Joe goes next.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-09, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-09 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Phoenix...

A feast brings a welcome surprise for one tribe and foreboding news for the other as the unequal tribes are merged at last!

The newly merged tribe begins to scheme immediately as old alliances crumble and new ones begin to form.

Who will emerge as the leader of the new tribe?

PRESS RELEASE

THE NEWLY MERGED TRIBE BEGINS TO SCHEME IMMEDIATELY
AS OLD ALLIANCES CRUMBLE
AND NEW ONES BEGIN TO FORM,
ON "SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS — THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS"

A power player decides to come into the merge fighting, but his plan may be thwarted before it can be carried out.
Meanwhile, an exiled pair makes a shocking discovery.

04-04-09, 06:03 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
I would guess that JT is the power player who has to come in fighting, as he must feel like target numero uno. His plan may involve the idol?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-09, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-09 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

A power player decides to come into the merge fighting, but his plan may be thwarted before it can be carried out.

I think the "power player" here may refer to Joe (though JT has gotten more play as a challenge force on Jalapao). Joe is not only in the minority tribe, he's outside of the alliance on that tribe. He needs to come into the merge fighting, especially if he believes he found the HII -- possibly he tries to involve Erinn in a new alliance, as we are told new alliances will form. But all for naught if he needs to be medevaced.

This clue sounds like a "boot story" clue to me (or "exit story" as the case may be).

ETA: or the "power player" may in fact refer to JT, whose plan includes Joe but is thwarted when Joe is medevaced.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-09, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
I'm sorry I don't keep up on the board more often, so my question may seem silly. Is it possible Joe gets medivac'd, but there will still be a TC? Has that happened before?

04-07-09, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Do you mean with a second person exiting via a TC vote? I don't think that's ever been done, and it would be highly unlikely since it would disrupt the schedule going forward.

04-07-09, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Actually, in Micronesia, Chet, Ami and Alexis were all voted out in episodes were Jonathan, Kathy and James were medevaced or quit while, in Fiji, Liliana left the episode that Gary was medevaced. However, those seasons had larger casts so that it replaced double boots.

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Thanks michel - I'm not sure it will happen in tmw's ep, but I was curious.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."

>Meanwhile, an exiled pair makes a
>shocking discovery.

They discover Coach's carcass? *hopeful glee*

I'm thinking that this might be where they find out that there's a new HII out there -- and in order for this to be "shocking", it's got to be two people that *know* that the two real HIIs have been found earlier (i.e. Brendan, Stephen, Taj and Sierra, perhaps J.T. as well).

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

04-06-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
That's a possibility, though I don't think the exilees necessarily must know the disposition of the other idols.

This could be a twist akin to the idol that was hidden in the sand at the merge feast last time -- the one they all threw into the sea.

5cats 1186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-06-09, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 5cats Click to send private message to 5cats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Maybe the exiled pair are Erinn and Joe and they find out the II is fake.

04-06-09, 07:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
They don't usually have a reward challenge and exiled players during the merge episode. This could be refering to Erinn and Joe in the sense that they were an exiled pair.

04-07-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
The only "shocking" thing I can think of that Erinn and Joe might discover together is that the idol at the Timbira Tree Mail has already been found. (Which shouldn't really be that shocking. And Erinn should already have found that out before they merge.)

jobgirl 36 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-09, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jobgirl Click to send private message to jobgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Perhaps the shock is that they find out the previously hidden idol doesn't look like theirs.

04-07-09, 06:31 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Misdirection Clues..."
Or maybe there are players in Exile WHILE the tribes merge and that's what surprises them.

04-09-09, 11:49 AM (EST)
21. "Power Player = Coach"
I've changed my mind about the "power player" in the clue being either JT or Joe -- neither of them has been edited in such a way that he would be described as such.

I think most likely this is Coach, who, at least in his own mind, is a "power", and it refers to his plan to take out Brendan (the Dragon-Slaying of the episode title), which is thwarted when Joe has to leave.

04-09-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Power Player = Coach"
That sounds possible he is a bit of a legend in his own mind and this could conceivably be just another "Coach moment" where he misses the mark. Joe was shown recently as trying to work things out but he had not been shown as much of a power up till now. Sydney did say he was good in challenges. JT only seemed to be shown as an aggressive challenge player but not much social game player. I guess he's as likely as any so far but I haven't gotten much of a power player vibe off any of them so far. More hype for this time maybe without anything backing it up?

Agman camouflaged me for S17

04-09-09, 12:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Power Player = Coach"
Joe, who was my initial guess (I was reading it that his injury would thwart his own plan), really doesn't fit the bill at all on reflection. JT is powerful only as a challenge force, as you say -- and any strategy for himself would have to rely on Taj/Stephen's idol so it couldn't be *his* plan alone.

That's why I think Coach best fits the bill here -- he does believe he's in charge and he does have the intention to off Brendan.

04-09-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Power Player = Coach"
agreed, Brownroach

whether he plans to hit Brendan first I don't know. He could plan to start with JT and get the numbers cinched, or he could feel like the numbers are good enough and it's time to start on his own - and why not the person he talked to first about allying, sure, that makes sense in Coach world.

It would be a good move; I just wouldn't like to see it happen.

I realize Probst mentioned Brendan as being in DS's sights, but DS no doubt has a list of dragons, and Brendan could be #1 or #2 in priority. Either way, Joe's medivac gives the ITA time to make a move, and hope they do.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •