The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-09, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-09 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

State of the Spoiling – Episode 5

Welcome to SurvivorBlows and to the State of the Spoiling for Episode Five of Survivor Tocantins. If you are new to these boards, take a few minutes to familiarize
yourself with our Community Guidelines. You’ll find them most helpful.

Episode 5: “You’re going to want that tooth”

The misdirection clues:

As the Exile Island Alliance grows stronger, they start to run the risk of being discovered by outsiders.

A self-assured castaway lets her ego run away with her as she becomes convinced she's safe while her tribe contemplates voting her out.

The Press Release:

THE CASTAWAYS INVOLVED START TO RUN THE RISK
OF BEING DISCOVERED BY OUTSIDERS,
ON "SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS"

An overzealous castaway risks it all in the immunity challenge and pays with a tooth, while another castaway finds himself in hot water for not performing during the challenge.

In addition, Flowerpower brought us this quote from the PIP promo over the weekend: Coming Thursday on Survivor: “The women try to take control, will the men be left behind? Don't miss a new Survivor, coming next on CBS, America's most watched network...”

The obligatory snake photo for no reason at all:

(p.s. Mark Burnett? I. HATE. SNAKES.)

The Reward Challenge: “DIZNESS AS USUAL”

Jiffy dimples says GO! (with jazz hands to boot):

Brendan & Joe are yoked like cattle and running:

The Timbira women take their turns on the merry-go-round from hell:

First, Sierra:

Then, Erinn:

Then, Debbie (who looks entirely too happy to be there, yikes):

Here they are later in the challenge, with everyone present, accounted for, and quite possibly developing hernias:

Note the large amount of rope behind Jalapao, and the lack of rope behind Timbira. Also note the body language of the 2 tribes, as PepeLePew pointed out in Flowerpower’s vidcaps thread: “ …see how Jalapeno are really digging their heels (pulling with their bodies at a 45-degree angle at least) while most of Timbits are standing almost completely vertical.”

My personal theory on this challenge is that people from each tribe are forced to sit on the spinning wheels until they puke or until their tribe members rescue them by unwinding the rope on their wheels. Note that the women seem to be handcuffed to the poles. (Anyone else suspicious that Coach helped plan this challenge?)

We don’t have full consensus on who wins the RC, but I’m calling a lopsided Jalapao win here. We have no clues as to what the reward might be, but here’s hoping for the DAW’s sake that mouthwash is part of it.

Exile Sand Dune:

Jalapao wins reward, so they choose a Timbura to go to the less than lovely exile sand dune. So far they’ve sent Brendan, Brendan, and Sierra. Whom do they send this time? The only real clues we have are that Brendan is the only Timbura in the vidcaps that doesn’t have a solo shot, and Tyson talks about Brendan making relationships with the other tribe in the preview. My guess is Brendan goes back to the sandbox. Who does Brendan choose to go with him? 3 of the Exile Alliance have already been, leaving just Stephen as the only non-attendee.

There’s also this vidcap of the rest of the Jalapao tribe:

Brendan & Stephen are this week’s lucky visitors.

The Unnamed ‘Roughest, Toughest’ Immunity Challenge:

Sierra fierce:

Brendan looking ticked:

2nd gratuitous Jiffy dimples shot (so sue me):

Sydney with a hurt wrist?

JT (now with missing front tooth!)

The overzealous castaway risking it all in the immunity challenge and paying with a tooth is obviously JT, the “strongest man alive.” The vidcaps really don’t provide us much to go on to choose a winner, so we have to look elsewhere for clues.

This is where crazy Sandy comes in: One of Sandy’s exit interviews was with tvwatch.people.com. The following excerpt is very interesting:

“Is being the oldest the kiss of death in Survivor?”
“………..Sydney was the cause of us going to the two councils. I had a target on my back from the first two minutes of the game, but I made a reprieve. If the vote was done over, I think that Sydney would have been the one and I think in the next few episodes you’ll see the regret.”

So, what can we take from that response? It sounds like Jalapao loses the next few Immunity Challenges, because of Sydney. If she is the cause of the losses (plural), she should not be the bootee this week.

I’m predicting Timbira does win the IC, and Jalapao takes the walk of shame back to tribal council.

Tribal Council
If crazy Sandy can be believed, this isn’t Sydney’s week to go. That leaves us with Taj, Joe, Spencer, JT, or Stephen. Due to the emphasis on Taj throwing a cough*misdirection*cough fit in front of her tribe, and due to the fact she may well be holding an immunity idol, I think she can be ruled out. Also notable is the vidcap of Taj & Sydney having a girl chat at camp here:

Remember “The women try to take control, will the men be left behind?” From the preview? Could the women they’re talking about be Taj & Sydney? Remember last week at tribal council, Sydney admitted she was sneaky. How sneaky is she?
JT and Stephen look to be longer term players, and Jiffy dimples has endorsed them as ‘stars’, so they should be safe this week. We’re down to Joe and Spencer. OFG theory pointed to Joe, as he is prominent in the previews and has been all but ignored up to this point. Taj threw her vote to Joe last week as Michel noted, so she obviously has no problem voting Joe. Breaking news with the Monday night preview! Spencer now qualifies for the OFG theory as well, because there he is front and center in the latest preview. Is he the one that underperformed in a challenge this time? Brownroach noted that “there is something odd about Spencer's edit”, and I agree. Just not sure if that means he’s an invisible boot, or if he flips on his alliance?

Is it Spencer?

Or is it Joe?

Or am I completely off base and it is in fact Sydney that goes? (Sandy is after all, crazy)

With the information we have so far, my guess is:

See ya Survivor Joe!

Be sure to check out VerucaSalt's editing thread, which is always an excellent read.
Also, be sure to VOTE!

-Cat

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Brownroach 03-10-09 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... citywitch 03-10-09 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Flowerpower 03-10-09 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... sol 03-10-09 4
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Brownroach 03-11-09 6
       RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... sol 03-11-09 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... michel 03-11-09 5
 This may help narrow it down? Brownroach 03-11-09 8
   RE: This may help narrow it down? Outfrontgirl 03-11-09 10
   RE: This may help narrow it down? Karchita 03-11-09 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... kingfish 03-11-09 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Outfrontgirl 03-11-09 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... CTgirl 03-12-09 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... whoami 03-12-09 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Scarlett O Hara 03-12-09 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... VisionQuest 03-13-09 16
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... PepeLePew13 03-14-09 17
       RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... esquire 03-15-09 18
           RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... sol 03-15-09 19
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... sol 03-15-09 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-09, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Nice job, cat!

I'm still undecided who to pick, but I agree that Joe, Sydney and Spencer are the three candidates. Taj I think will have her "attitude" scenes early in the episode and may no longer be in danger by the time TC rolls around.

I also agree that Sandy is crazy so I'm not sure how much stock to put in her perception of things.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-09, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Great SOTS! I agree that Joe is the boot this week. I think "while another castaway finds himself in hot water for not performing during the challenge." is the boot clue and it's about Joe. Also, Joe saying "Moves like that will get you voted off." in confessional is talking about his own challenge performance (or lack thereof) not about Taj.

Then again, I'm never right...

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-09, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"

Great job, CAT! Perfect...Joe is a great boot choice and I think that TDT is leaning that way as well. Thanks so much!

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-09, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Well done Cat ... and thank you. I've decided to read SOTS before voting this week.

Regarding Sandy's interview there's a couple things I'd like to comment on ...

“………..Sydney was the cause of us going to the two councils. I had a target on my back from the first two minutes of the game, but I made a reprieve. If the vote was done over, I think that Sydney would have been the one and I think in the next few episodes you’ll see the regret.”

Jello Pow has been to 2 TC's to date: Ep.1 they lost because Sydney and Spencer did poorly in the puzzle part of the challenge. And in the last Ep. Sydney struggled to retrieve a puzzle piece and it slowed Jello Pow down ... although I doubt that was the reason for their losing ... but who knows what goes on in Sandy's mind.

She then states that over "the next few episodes you'll see the regret".

Ordinarily, although Thailand was an exception, merge happens when 10 are left when the show starts with 16 people. That means there is 2 more Eps. before merge. Maybe in Sandy's mind 2 = a few .... or merge doesn't happen at 10.

BTW ... March Madness ... or Maddening March if you don't like basketball ... starts next week. According to the TV schedule that I looked up there is no Survivor next week, and in 2 weeks it will be on Wednesday (March 25th) Does this mean they have canceled the recrap this season?

Back on topic ... everything seems to point to Joe this week ... but I ask myself ... do I want to put down Sydney's name until she finally goes? I'm stubborn ... but how many more times do I want to be wrong...

03-11-09, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
"the next few episodes you'll see the regret"...there is 2 more Eps. before merge. Maybe in Sandy's mind 2 = a few .... or merge doesn't happen at 10.

Or the Jalapaos may continue to feel the regret after the merge if they merge with fewer members than Timbira.

03-11-09, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Yes Brownroach, I thought about that shortly after I posted. It seems very likely that Jello Pow is going to TC this week and losing another member, and if they lose another before merge they risk being pagonged ... depending on how "the secret alliance" works out.

In a blog JP mentioned that when a team goes on a winning streak they start to be disliked, and this could be a hint that Jello Pow is down 6 - 4 at merge ... since Jiffy likes to tell us who to like and how to think.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-09, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Very nicely done, Cat. It certainly looks like Joe is the Loser this week!

03-11-09, 11:47 AM (EST)
8. "This may help narrow it down?"
From Sandy's BuddyTV Interview:

Interviewer: Yeah, she (Sydney) seems to have a pull with all of the guys but it also seemed like she had a showmance with Joe. Is she flirting with everyone? Or does she have something specifically with Joe? Do my categories not apply?

Sandy: Well, she equally spread the love. She did. She really did, other than with Spencer, and of course we found out after the game that he was gay. But I think she kind of sensed in the game that she was.

So Spencer didn't spend any time with Sandy (or Sydney?) at LL?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-09, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: This may help narrow it down?"
>>>So Spencer didn't spend any time with Sandy (or Sydney?) at LL?

Hard to say without more info, because in the past they have broken up the pre-merge losers into small groups and sent them on vacation. Although maybe not if Carolina and Candace's "friends" reflect hanging out together and not sheer envy.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-11-09, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: This may help narrow it down?"
Speculating on what is going on in Sandy's mind is dangerous and unsavory, but maybe when she says "after the game" she means after they were booted and they were in LL.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-09, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Nice Job, Sylvester. And it's nice to see you back this season.

I'd put my money on Joe too.

Agman.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-09, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Thank you so much, Cat, this is excellent. You covered everything.

I wonder if the "women take control" could be Taj sitting down with Sydney and saying, look, if we keep losing and if you and I agree to boot "the weakest" and agree that women are weaker, you and I are toast, so we need to make a move.

Taj-Stephen-JT need a fourth vote and that might be a way to bring Sydney over.
I feel like Sydney would be way more likely to go for Spencer, who doesn't reciprocate on the flirting, than Joe.

I doubt there is an idol bounce because CBS cannot resist advertising the most shocking TC ever, so that means that an alliance has to crack.

Of course the Timbira women could be the ones to ally, if only to oust Coach, but as Debbie and Sierra each have a strong man ally, and Erinn has no friends, I doubt it, and Coach is not featured this week, and would be if he were targeted, just for the drama.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-09, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Great SOTS Cat! I'm glad you're back this season. You've convinced me that Joe is the boot.

Top of the mornin' by O'Agman

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-12-09, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Thanks cat. Sounds like you have it all figured out, maybe.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-09, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Makes purrrrrrfect sense to me, Cat. Thanks for a great SOTs! Glad to have you back in our midst!

FISH by agman

Read me.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-09, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
I am confused - what challenge is this picture from?

It looks like the same spinny challenge from Thursday's episode, but I don't remember this (and I really wasn't drinking THAT much during the episode - although watching Coach pontificate does make me want to drink more)

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-09, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
Good question... and it couldn't be from a future episode as Spencer is there in the picture.

Bugs me when they play up a scene that doesn't make it into the actual episode aired on TV. I don't remember seeing that tug-of-war either.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-15-09, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
I also wonder where Debra is in this picture?

03-15-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"
I also wonder where Debra is in this picture?

Debbie is the pair of legs seen between Tyson and Coach.

03-15-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 5"

During the "spinning" competition there are 4 "spinning tops"; and between the "spinning tops" there are 2 boxes, each with a rope attached. The boxes and the attached ropes are not in any of the vidcaps Those ropes run down the middle of the course between the balance beams, and those are the ropes that the tribes are pulling ... part of the challenge that wasn't seen.

You will also note in the photo to the left of Jalapoa's foot beam a rope that is part of the spinning challenge. During the spinning challenge the "pulling" ropes from the above photo are visible during the show on Thursday, March 12th, but not high-lighted nor visible in any vidcaps.

The question is why was this part of the RC not shown? Apparently it wasn't needed for the reward, nor to advance the editing ... but still part of the challenge.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •