The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
Lets not forget that each season, episode 3, 4 or 5 is the episode where MB ALWAYS scrambles the tribes. I don't think their has been a season where they didn't scramble the tribes since Survivor 2 in Australia. Although I heard nothing about it in the previews, I think we should not forget this when trying to determine who this week's bootee is.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What happened to the scrambling... michel 03-06-09 1
 RE: What happened to the scrambling... Georjanna 03-06-09 2
   RE: What happened to the scrambling... esquire 03-06-09 3
       RE: What happened to the scrambling... Georjanna 03-06-09 4
           Agree dabo 03-06-09 5
 RE: What happened to the scrambling... samboohoo 03-06-09 6
   RE: What happened to the scrambling... Brownroach 03-06-09 7
   RE: What happened to the scrambling... byoffer 03-06-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-09, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
Thailand, Palau and Exile Island didn't have switches.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-06-09, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-09 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

In one of his post-filming but pre-airing interviews for Tocantins, Jeff Probst addressed the issue of Tribal switches by teasing (and I'm paraphrasing because I didn't save the link): 'So, what if next Season there are no switches? Straight Survivor. Is that what you want? Fine. Done. I'll call CBS and tell them.'

I have no idea whether he intended the remark to refer to the next Season to air (S18) or the next Season to film (S19). And I suspect that its ambivalence and tone were deliberate.

But the remark, coupled with Tocantins mutiny twist and the composition (personality mixes) of Timbira and Jalapao - the producers drew a very definitive battle-line between intellectual (clinical) and intuitive (emotional) play when the Season was cast and the tribal assignments were made - lead me to think that we won't see a shake-up of the Tribes prior to the Merge.

Edited: To clarify the last sentence/paragraph

G

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-09, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"

>But the remark, coupled with Tocantins
>mutiny twist and the composition
>(personality mixes) of Timbira and
>Jalapao - the producers drew
>a very definitive battle-line between
>intellectual (clinical) and intuitive (emotional)
>play when the Season was
>cast - lead me
>to think that we won't
>see a shake-up of the
>Tribes prior to the Merge.
>
While that may be true, my point is we need to keep the switch in mind over the next few weeks while trying to anticipate who gets booted. It may explain why Joe gets booted pre-merge (like many people have projected)

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-06-09, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
And your point was a very good one.

So, my post was meant to express a thought. Not a verdict ...

G

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-09 AT 03:23 PM (EST)

Paying attention to the promos, sifting through promo vidcaps, is the best way to anticipate a tribal switch. Things to look for, different confessional areas, a sudden lack or decrease of challenge vidcaps, etc.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
It was evident last night that they were planning for a switch - JT and Joe not taking both bags of beans. Perhaps MB is just trying to keep them on their toes.

Also, since we have the possibility of a mutiny with Exile, that may be our "switch" for this year.

*smooches Agman*

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
That's what I'm thinking -- in Thailand there was no full-fledged shake-up but they were individually offered a chance to switch tribes. This is sort of like that.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-09, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What happened to the scrambling of the tribes"
I agree. But I can't see anyone taking them up on that Exile Switch unless they are really feeling exposed. Maybe Erinn, but she likely won't get the chance with the secret alliance hogging Exile.

It's Bachelor Love, which is like Monopoly Money in that it has no actual value outside the game. - frodis

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •