The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I need some feedback"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lolitafrog 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lolitafrog Click to send private message to lolitafrog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I need some feedback"
I've been watching Starting Over about 2 months. I love the show and how it relates to me and gives me information I can use in my life. I deal with low self esteem and depression. One of the things I picked up on in the show is allowing people to treat you in certain ways. I recently actually heard my husband say to me that he knew he could get me to do anything if he wanted to. I felt so hurt at the thought he would manipulate me. He asked me to go to a Christmas party a few days ago. I told him I did not want to go. I do not have a good relationship with the people that would be there but he was welcome to go. He kept telling me that he wanted me there. I felt like he was manipulating me and I really wanted to stand up for myself. Now he's mad at me. He tells me that it's my fault of the bad relationship. That I've done nothing to make it better. Which is not true. I've just come to terms with it that that's the way it is and that's ok with me. I could go to the party and be fine. I just don't want him making me go out of quilt. We are really being torn apart by this problem. He is in the worship band with a group of people that have written me off. He wants me to be apart of something he is and it's just not gonna happen. He also tells me that the only person in my way is myself. He likes using Dr. Phil quotes too to make me feel quilty. I like Dr. Phil too. I really feel confused as to where is the line between supporting others in your family and just being the rug they walk on.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Lolita

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I need some feedback Barbied0ll 12-15-05 1
 RE: I need some feedback Catlynn1864 12-15-05 2
 RE: I need some feedback mommyworries 12-15-05 3
   RE: I need some feedback Barbied0ll 12-15-05 4
 RE: I need some feedback Bebo 12-15-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Barbied0ll 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-15-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Barbied0ll Click to send private message to Barbied0ll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I need some feedback"
Well I had a similar problem for a while with my husband, here is what I learned.

First of all I had to love myself, I know it is hard to hear, but you first have to dig deep and find out what it is about yourslef you don't like that is part of your depression and own it. don't have to fix it yet, just own it.

Next step, is find a way to have a conversation away from kids or any interuptions where you are in an invoirment where he will listen to you, this means he has to have the time to do this.

You then lovingly, very lovingly, tell him how much you care about him and your relationship. Then you tell him about the things you have realized about yourself that you need to change, this way you are getting his full attention, and he is not feeling like he is being accused of anything.

Then, you again very lovingly, tell him what you need from him to help you make those changes, then you ask him if he can please help you. Now that you have involved and engaged him, and have his respect, you get to what you need from him, and what you would like to see him change.

When you are all done with this you both have to agree to calmly and nicely call each other out and remind each other you are doing it again, in a playful way, and to agree to not take offense to being called out on it.

It does always take 2 for there to be a problem, it is both of you that need to work together.

It won't be easy at first, it will be very hard. you will need to have this conversation more than once, and new things will come up.

If you can get through this, and be kind to each other when pointing out what it is that you each are doing and not take offense, it will work.

It worked for me, and I have now, a marriage that many people dream of. This is a marriage that was about to end in divorce a few years ago.

I hope this can help you.

Catlynn1864 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-15-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Catlynn1864 Click to send private message to Catlynn1864 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I need some feedback"
I agree with Barbiedoll that communication is a big thing to get straight.

However, this really isn't the place to get help. This forum isn't really set up for it and more than likely this thread will end up locked.

Is there anyone you can talk to outside of the family?

If your husband listens to Dr. Phil, going to Dr. Phil's website may be a place to get ideas. I haven't watched Dr. Phil for a while now, however, he was really against guilting your partner when I was watching. Things change though.

mommyworries 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommyworries Click to send private message to mommyworries Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I need some feedback"
I just watched the show for the first time and I loved it TOO much maybe because I need to desperately send my daughter to be on this show... do you know how I can get her to be on this show. thanks and for your posting your saying that your husband rules you correct? Well alot of them do that just don't do everything he wants or tells you to do(thats what I did), he finally got the message you can love someone without ruling them....

Barbied0ll 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-15-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Barbied0ll Click to send private message to Barbied0ll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I need some feedback"
www.startingovertv.com there is a link on the website

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-05, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I need some feedback"
This really isn't the appropriate forum for discussing personal issues like this. Discussions here should be about what's occuring on the television show.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •