The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It is safe for us to say..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

666Advocate 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-01, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 666Advocate Click to send private message to 666Advocate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It is safe for us to say..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-01 AT 00:22 AM (EST)

That there is an immunity challenge and TC in E6. This is based on a teaser from CBS and the TV guide episode summary. The teaser says "Ogakor is still one person short of Kucha - will Ogakor win the much-needed immunity idol." The TV guide summary (in the Canadian edition) reads , "An unexepcted turn of events leaves the remaining members feeling emtional as the tribes move closer to merging; the sixth contestant is voted out."

This leaves me to believe the accident teaser was put in to take our focus away from the upcoming merger and who will be the person ousted this week. It appears to have worked if this is the case,since a majority of posts since E5 have been focused on who is hurt and how. For anyone who is thinking a Kucha member could be injured and unable to return and someone else is voted off - that will not work into the schedule of 14 episodes this round. Maybe MB wants to focus on the accident because our ousted one this week is very predictable or anti-climatic?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It is safe for us to say... cowboyroo 02-25-01 1
   RE: It is safe for us to say... 666Advocate 02-25-01 2
   RE: It is safe for us to say... shakes the clown 02-25-01 3
       RE: It is safe for us to say... samiam 02-26-01 9
           RE: Hey Samiam.....nice 1st post be... Dalton 02-26-01 11
       RE: It is safe for us to say... Dalton 02-26-01 10
   RE: A 6th castaway is VOTED OFF fba90392 02-25-01 4
       nice and slow for fba90210 shakes the clown 02-25-01 5
           RE: nice and slow for fba90210 ACPS65 02-25-01 6
           RE: nice and slow for fba90210 Annadad 02-26-01 7
               RE: nice and slow for fba90210 ACPS65 02-26-01 13
 RE: It is safe for us to say... AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 8
 RE: It is safe for us to say... Minstrel 02-26-01 12
   RE: It is safe for us to say... ACPS65 02-26-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-25-01, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
as to the "will Ogakor win...", if someone is eliminated due to injury, the answer could be "no, because they didn't have to"...

The reports of Michael's hand being wrapped in bandages started posting a long time ago. The fact that there are soooo many bogus possible injury posts leads me to believe that Michael does in fact get injured, gets removed from the show, thus no TC and the teams go merged evenly....

Someone getting injured would assure people watch...so why not go with the past facts and go with the obvious?

Michael gets injured...something to do with his hands.....no immunity challenge, no tribal council....

Kimmi was the obvious choice last week, and it happened...

666Advocate 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-01, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 666Advocate Click to send private message to 666Advocate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
No doubt, the accident is going to have people watching. But Tc and the challenges are a major part of each show. CBS supplies the episode info to TV guide - and is says sixth contestant voted off - not taken away due to injury.

I also believe if one of the contestants was injured badly enough to need to be removed from the game - there would have been a slip of it before now. Either by one of the people who has been already ousted or a slip somewhere. There have been too many times the scenes from next week have led people to think something really great was going to happen - only to have it prove to be a let down due to clever editing. I hope people aren't disappointed come Thursday. I will be watching for an immunity challenge and a trip to TC - likely by Ogakor.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-01, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
>Michael gets injured...something to do with
>his hands.....no immunity challenge, no
>tribal council....
>

....one BIG problem with your analysis....it has been long-known that there IS an Immunity Challenge entitled "Blind leading the Blind" in Episode #6.

So, the injury is OBVIOUSLY a red herring.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-01, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know someone will), but isn't "Blind Leading Blind" the RC and "Obstacle Course" the IC?

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-01, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hey Samiam.....nice 1st post beating me to the "
punch that way! Ouch!! Ya sure snuck in there
in the time it took me to type my post #10.

I will forgive you because you are absolutely
correct (hehe) and because we welcome with open
arms any newbies who actually know what the hell
they are talking about!!!!

Now for your 2nd post.....tell us who gets booted
this week. No pressure; you have til Thursday.

Dalton

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
Shakes, if I am viewing other sites and
spoiler boards correctly....

The REWARD Challenge in E6 is "Blind Leading
the Blind".

The IMMUNITY Challenge is....Obstacle Course.

I posted this on the loooong "analyze E6" thread
here (post #45).

I've seen a pic of the Obstacle Course taken
from the air....it looks like a track/hurdle
jumping type thing; except the angle prevents
one from seeing exactly how tall the "hurdles"
are.

Dalton

fba90392 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-25-01, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fba90392 Click to send private message to fba90392 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A 6th castaway is VOTED OFF"
This means that they still got to write down a person's name on the piece of paper. Therfore, my guess is that nobody leaves just because that person is sick or something.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-01, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "nice and slow for fba90210"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-01 AT 01:37 AM (EST)

Therfore, my
>guess is that nobody leaves
>just because that person is
>sick or something.

you don't have to guess because there IS an immunity challenge in E#6...

Here, one more time cause you seem to be a little slower than everybody else...

there....is...an....immunity....challenge.....next.....episode.. ....which......means.....that.....they....have.....a...tribal.. ...council.....which.....means.....that....no one.....has....to....leave.....the....game......b/c......of... ...an.....injury.

Let me know if you still need help.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-25-01, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: nice and slow for fba90210"
Don't forget Mitchell saying how nobody was seriously injured in the contest....

Final Four: Alicia Calaway, Jeff Varner, Elisabeth Filarski,
Michael Skupin.

Annadad 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-01, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Annadad Click to send private message to Annadad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: nice and slow for fba90210"

Shakes is right, no one has to leave the game due to injury but that doesn't mean that there is no injury. Kucha could win the IC and then one of their members gets hurt. Ogakor would still proceed to TC and vote a sixth person out. One would think that if there was an injury serious enough to knock a player out of the game, that they would have to skip an IC and just "vote" that person out so that the schedule of the show can be kept.
It is a good assumption but is just that, an assumption.

02-26-01, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: nice and slow for fba90210"
Oh hey Brett. LOL Nice to see you here...tell Jessy and Steph I said hi.
I thought it was required to have a Tribal Council each episode?
So what you're saying is that if Kucha does win Immunity after the accident, the tribes would enter the merger evenly if the injured Kucha contestant leaves?
Ah I think I'm beggining to catch on! That'd be the best and most convenient outcome, I think.

Michael Skupin.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-01, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
>This leaves me to believe the accident teaser was put in
>to take our focus away from the upcoming merger and
>who will be the person ousted this week.

I think an accident makes for good television as long as it isn't too serious (giving creedence to non-life-threatening theories such as Superman's tree-limb-crashes-into-camp theory).

>Maybe MB wants to focus on the accident because our
>ousted one this week is very predictable or anti-climatic?

I agree with this point. I also think that the ousted one is very predictable and anti-climactic ONLY if it's an Ogakor boot ... and so this is a good reason to believe that Ogakor goes to TC AGAIN.

"Society's goal is to be part of the whole. That may sound good to you, not to me." -- P.F. Sloan

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
Maybe, but with MB anything is possible. Things should be back to normal with episode 7, but let's not forget that challenges can be dual. We have seen where immunity and reward are combined. It's just we are used to seeing them separate. If E6 isn't separate challenges, I look for a combined challenge. After all, it virtually means nothing for the reward challenge since the tribes will merge and any pre-merger "winnings" are likely to be shared.

02-26-01, 07:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: It is safe for us to say..."
In response to the post about the ending of the episode being anti-climatic....I agree that it would be Ogakor in that case....either Jerri or Keith...

Michael Skupin.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •