The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-20-09, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
The title from the CBS site: "Mama said there'd be days like this..."

Misdirection clues:

1. One castaway begins to suspect that the company she has been keeping may have put her chances of winning the game in serious jeopardy

2. A devious plan is hatched on Exile Island, giving rise to what could prove to be a devastatingly powerful alliance.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... Brownroach 02-20-09 1
   RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... PepeLePew13 02-20-09 2
       RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... Brownroach 02-20-09 3
           RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... PepeLePew13 02-20-09 4
               RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... michel 02-21-09 5
                   RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... PepeLePew13 02-21-09 6
                       RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... suzzee 02-21-09 7
                   RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... ajglitch 02-24-09 20
       RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... LFJ 02-21-09 9
 RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... Belle Book 02-21-09 8
 RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... suzzee 02-21-09 10
   RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... ajglitch 02-24-09 18
 RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... michel 02-21-09 11
   RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... tribephyl 02-21-09 12
       RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be... dabo 02-24-09 16
 Debbie in danger? Corvis 02-23-09 13
   Debbie in danger? Could very well b... michel 02-23-09 14
       RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... television 02-23-09 15
           RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... PepeLePew13 02-24-09 17
               RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... ajglitch 02-24-09 19
                   RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... michel 02-24-09 21
                   RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... Brownroach 02-24-09 22
                       RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... emydi 02-24-09 23
                           RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... michel 02-24-09 24
                               RE: A couple more ... Georjanna 02-24-09 26
                                   RE: A couple more ... emydi 02-25-09 27
                                       RE: A couple more ... Georjanna 02-25-09 29
                           RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... Brownroach 02-24-09 25
                               RE: Debbie in danger? Could very we... emydi 02-25-09 28
 Revisiting the clues in retrospect.... Flowerpower 02-27-09 30
   RE: Revisiting the clues in retrosp... Brownroach 02-27-09 31
       RE: Revisiting the clues in retrosp... CTgirl 02-27-09 32
           RE: Revisiting the clues in retrosp... emydi 02-27-09 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
We know from the preview that Taj is going to commit to a 4-way alliance while at Exile Island with someone from Timbira.

Not sure about the first clue. Could it refer to Sierra? Maybe she becomes suspicious of Brendan?

I'd be inclined to guess Taj as the title-sayer since as an ex-girl-group singer she'd probably know the Shirelles song. But it could be someone else.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-09, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
For some reason, I'm thinking of Debbie with the first clue -- last night at TC, she said "I disagree with Erinn, I totally trust some people in my tribe. Complete trust."

So what if the editors made a point of it to show this response from Debbie and then have it come back to bite her in the next episode?

02-20-09, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Possibly. It could refer to a situation that we've been shown minimal or no background on at all yet.

02-20-09, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Yeah, really, anything could be applied to any of the female contestants thus far with this clue.

What if *both* clues refer to Taj? She realizes she can't trust her tribemates, so while on Exile Sand Dune, she works out a new alliance.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-09, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Both clues and the title? Possibly but, if so, doesn't that much focus mean that Taj has to be voted out?

02-21-09, 07:39 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Clues usually are misdirection, aren't they? All the attention on Taj or whoever the clues are referring to would mean they're hiding the boot for another possible blindside.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-09, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
I saw the secret alliance talk preview of Taj, are we of a mind that she returns to the sandbox again?

Grrrr It's best to play dead when sock puppets attack

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-24-09, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
>Both clues and the title? Possibly
>but, if so, doesn't that
>much focus mean that Taj
>has to be voted out?
>
>
>
>

Normally i'd say you are correct however it is too obvious for them to give us that much. My money is on an exile island flip by Taj.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-21-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Hey Pepe,

I bet you are right about this. Debbie is probably smart enough to realize that the Maestro is rubbing people the wrong way, much like the arrogant guy from last season that feigned the English accent. He's a lech, which, no doubt, has not escaped her near middle-age female attention *brings out claws, one at a time* And, he's a no-show at the challenges.

Elementary Debbie.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-21-09, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
First clue: No idea -- other than I don't think it's Sierra, as she's keeping good company with Brendan. Other than that and maybe Taj, the clue could refer to any of the females.

Second clue: Definitely refers to Taj. She returns to Exile Island and forms the four-person alliance plan with someone from Timbira (maybe Brendan).

Belle Book

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"

1. One castaway begins to suspect that the company she has been keeping may have put her chances of winning the game in serious jeopardy

I do think this is Taj. She revealed she was an NFL wife & probable she was recognized as a singer. She probably feels like she's got a nice target on her back now and this "may have put her chances in jeopardy."

2. A devious plan is hatched on Exile Island, giving rise to what could prove to be a devastatingly powerful alliance.

I know we're hit over the head with Taj & her alliance of 4 talk but that looks like it's on the beach at camp Jalapao not exile. I have a feeling that exile is someone else. I can see Tyson working another exile contact like a borrowed mule.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

02-24-09, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Taj & her
>alliance of 4 talk but
>that looks like it's on
>the beach at camp Jalapao
>not exile. I have a
>feeling that exile is someone
>else.

I have to agree here. It looks like the talk is going on at the beach and not on Exile. Also, the other hand, someone said a male hand with a 3/4 shirt sleeve length. When I look at it the shirt sleeve looks more like a shadow to me and not a shirt at all. I do not think that Taj is talking to Brendan at all but someone within her own tribe.

As for the shake up... I think Taj does go back to Exile, wins the clue and Flips due to her tribe having lost immunity. She knows she is up next for the vote off when her tribe goes to TC. So the 4 way could be with her, whoever she high fives in teh dark, whoever is on Exile with her and Brendan.

02-21-09, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
"1. One castaway begins to suspect that the company she has been keeping may have put her chances of winning the game in serious jeopardy"

Rewatching the episode makes me think this refers to Erinn.

She had been with Candace in thinking of voting out Coach but voted against Candace in the end. Look at the strong reaction she had when Debbie told Jeff that she already trusted some people. I think Erinn had been told that "the tribe" wanted to eliminate Candace and she went along. Debbie's comment made her realize it wasn't the whole tribe but just a core alliance of which she was excluded.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-09, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
That was my thought to.
Aside from Candace, Erinn was the only one really visibly gunning for Coach last week.
While her vote would suggest she's still in the "tribe", the fact that her and Candace couldn't get three more votes against him is very telling and could spell danger for her this week.
Not to mention, the fact that there was footage shown at TC of Debra saying she can trust everyone and Erinn disagreeing sure seems to me like a set-up.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-09, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 3, "Mama said there would be days like this" Clues"
Except that neither of them actually went gunning for Coach. Candace put her sites on Coach as next in line but stuck with the original plan to vote off Sierra. We weren't shown whatever happened so that Erinn ended up voting for Candace, but she did.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-09, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Debbie in danger?"
Like Pepe mentioned above, I am thinking Debbie is danger this week, but not that the first clue applies to her because my guess is we're going to see yet another blindside. The latest preview suggest Tyson is thinking of blindsiding Coach, but I don't see Coach leaving this early. It make more sense to take out Debbie, Coach's number one ally, whose main comment in the show so far is that she thinks there are definitely people she can trust. Oops!

02-23-09, 10:32 PM (EST)
14. "Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
Corvis, I have to agree with you. The previews are setting up Erinn as the one in danger but the last Tribal council set up a Erinn vs Debbie vote. Erinn doesn't trust yet while Debbie trusts many people. I think the cymbal crashes heard when Debbie spoke, Jeff's words that they already made a successful blindside and the fact that the two booted players this season have received no storylines except to explain why they were booted points to another player who was neglected up to now: Debbie.

Any thoughts though on the tables turning on Tyson just like they did on Candace when she went against Coach? I don't think it likely but I'd like to hear thoughts on that from others.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-23-09, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
My thoughts re: tables turning on tyson (nice alliteration)... based on spec alone, it seems like a) tyson is too physically strong to justify getting rid of now, and b) tyson is waaaay more subtle in his opposition to people than, say, candace. Everything about his character thus far seems devious and controlled, so I don't see him being stupid enough to make his big power play obvious to the tribe on the second vote. More likely he plants ideas in the heads of others to get rid of debbie, or even just save that ammo for later and get rid of Erinn. The path of least resistance and all.

On the other hand, if he's not careful, coach could catch on to the fact that he's not marching to the beat of coach's drum, and that insecure paranoia did in the strongest female member of the tribe last week, so who knows. But I'm fairly confident that coach is delusional enough to think that tyson is his lackey for now.

02-24-09, 06:42 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
I think we've also been shown a lot more interaction between Tyson and his tribe than we've been shown of Debbie, so there's (to me) still a storyline in the game going on with Tyson. Debbie could go at any time since she hasn't been featured in the storyline so far.

Tyson doesn't seem to be loud about his opinions or trying to force things while Candace and Carolina were, that's why these two got the boot.

02-24-09, 12:43 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
>Debbie could go at any
>time since she hasn't been
>featured in the storyline so
>far.

Disagree! Debra is in deep with the coach alliance and until he's gone she is safe. Just because they've kept her out of the storyline does not indicate her potential as a "bootee". The more they show you the better your adds of being punted. IMHO

02-24-09, 01:03 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
It's not always a pattern but some seasons have well developed first bootees (China, Gabon) but early boots are often ignored

Guatemala: Jim, Morgan, Briana and Brooke: The first 4 boots were mainly ignored.

Exile Island: Melinda, Bobdawg, Ruth: 3 of the first 5 boots weren't featured.

Cook Island: Cece did not have a storyline.

Fiji: Jessica and Liliana were ignored.

Micronesia: Yau Man and Mary Sartain were ignored.

02-24-09, 01:05 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
But Debbie is more disposable than Coach -- if the others want to weaken Coach's power base without voting Coach himself out (yet), she'd be a good person to get rid of.

I could see it happening.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-09, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
right, like Mary in Fans v. Faves, she was in same position as Deb is with Coach (I can't remember the fan dude's name tho)

02-24-09, 04:29 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
Good comparison Emy. It was Mikey B.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-09, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: A couple more ... "
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-09 AT 07:31 PM (EST)

Ben - (Arrogant/Devisive "Leader") - Earth/Virgo
Mikey B. (Arrogant/Devisive "Leader") - Earth/Capricorn

Tyson ("Maniacal" Physical Force) - Air/Gemini
Joel ("Maniacal" Physical Force) - Air/Gemini

And if the Tyson - Joel comparison seems a bit incongruous now ... just wait. For Gemini, Survivor is an exposé in progress.

But I will admit that the Mikey B. - Ben comparison is a bit strained. Several here have more aptly compared Ben with Ace (Earth/Virgo). Personally, I think of him as the reincarnation of the crude and clueless Jean-Robert (Earth/Virgo).

ETA:

There has also been some discussion on the Board about what would seem to be a rather odd "connection" between Ben and Debbie. And perhaps it can be explained, at least in part, by the fact that the former Cheerleader's degrees and teaching experience are in Physical Education. In addition, her ex-husband is a former Triple A star and has been the Baseball Coach at Auburn (Alabama) High School for 17 years.

G

02-25-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: A couple more ... "
I really wasn't comparing Benji (thanks estee) to Mikey B (thanks michel) rather Mary to Debbie...but what is making me stop from picking Debbie is that Jiffy put her in his list of players and at least last season they all went pretty far (at least to close to merge and with Ace, he was just too big not to put on the list--Debbie is not that big so I think she will make it farther than 3rd)

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-25-09, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: A couple more ... "
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-09 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

Hi!

I'm sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean for my post to sound as though you were comparing the two. My 'disclaimer' was meant to refer to my comparison of them.

I thought that your comparison of Debbie's and Mary's unenviable positions in tribal dynamics was right on the money. I hadn't thought of it. We'd already seen the all-too-familiar first boot of a female Scorpio (Jolanda - Tina - Mary - Carolina) and I was too busy toasting 'ol Susie (Scorpio) all over again.

And, for what it's worth ...

Scorpio finishes dead last in the percentage (48%) of their number cast who reach the Final Ten. Libra, at 69%, leads the pack. And Debbie is a Libra.

But, so are Brendan, Erinn and Sierra ...

G

PS: And may I second Brownroach? It's good to see you!

02-24-09, 05:09 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
Hey emy nice to see you!

02-25-09, 10:14 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Debbie in danger? Could very well be!"
hey BR! thanks..it's taking me a lot longer these days to get into spoiling a season...but I still love it

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-09, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Revisiting the clues in retrospect..."
...our boot ended up saying the title...

Erinn was the one that questioned the company that she had been keeping...

Regarding the plan set forth on Exile Sanddune, will it prove to be a "devastatingly powerful alliance"? I think it could...I think that Sierra will be spared over Erinn, should Timbira head to TC again, and if Jalapao's go, I think that Stephen/Taj, with the help of JT could sway the boot target away from Taj...

Possibly a switch could spare some at the lower end of the boot totem pole...

02-27-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Revisiting the clues in retrospect..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-09 AT 10:56 AM (EST)

As of now I think Sandy is still next in line to get booted at Jalapao. I don't think Taj's financial situation is any bigger a deal to Jalapao than what we were shown when the conversation occurred. And there is the possibility of her having the HII to worry about.

If there is a shift, I think it may be towards Sydney rather than Taj. The "flirting" strategy sometimes backfires.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-09, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Revisiting the clues in retrospect..."
I agree especially since Sydney has had no story line yet - she'll flirt and be gone!

Also in the insider videos, I got the impression that Sandy is well-liked in camp. She came up with the idea to use her bra hooks for fishing hooks (which is kind of loony) but JT took her seriously and when Spencer cut his finger, he kept thanking "Mama K" for watching out over him. People have made it further on less and this is a social game too.

02-27-09, 11:56 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Revisiting the clues in retrospect..."
i agree I dubbed Sandy "Jandy" in week 1 (in my head not on the boards )

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •