The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS Episode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-09, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-09 AT 08:51 AM (EST)

Survivor 18: Tocantins State of the Spoiling - Episode 2

First, if you are new to these boards and decide to delurk, please take a look at our Community Guidelines.
You will find them very helpful in navigating your way around SurvivorBlows.

Last week we met and made our own first impressions of the newest Survivors: Coach wants to vote out all the weakest players, Sierra was sick but worked hard around camp to make up for having strep throat, Sandy bumbled around for 4 hours and couldn’t even find the stick that practically had an arrow on it showing her where to dig for an immunity idol clue. She made no effort to ingratiate herself to the team, but Carolina was found more annoying than the crazy old lady and was blindsided by Jalapao. We spoilers were all blindsided by CBS, but what do you expect when they post a picture of the losing team high-fiving each other?! If you missed last week’s episode, you can read Frisky’s witty and snarky summary of the show and catch up with the East Coast Spoiler Update thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 2: “The Poison Apple Has to Go!”

CBS has not given us very many clues this week (guess they’re still celebrating the long weekend!) Someone, perhaps Coach, feels that one of the Survivors is a poisonous presence in the tribe. They are affecting the tribe dynamics in a negative way either by whining and complaining or stirring up drama. We didn’t see any of the behavior last week, so it could be someone we didn’t get to know well during the premiere. Without any web clues, it’s hard to determine which of the 15 left they’re talking about.

The CBS press release says:

WHEN ONE CASTAWAY REVEALS HER TRUE IDENTITY, HER TRIBEMATES QUESTION HER MOTIVES AND SECRETLY TARGET HER ON "SURVIVOR TOCANTINS -- THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS," THURSDAY, FEB. 19

We know from one of the promos that JT asks Taj about her husband and she admits that he is an ex-NFL player. I believe that Jalapao might discuss booting her if they go to tribal council, but I don’t think they do go to tribal and this is misdirection.

"The Poison Apple Needs To Go" - An Exile Island twist opens the door for the castaways to play the game like never before, meanwhile the quest for a hidden immunity idol goes terribly wrong leaving two castaways in a tight spot.

Flowerpower told us what Jeff said about exile island:

“Exile Island is desolate. It is a big sand dune. This year two people will go to Exile Island. The winning tribe will chose somebody from the losing tribe, that person will then chose somebody from the winning tribe. So there will always be two people out there. When they get out there they'll find two eggs, two choices. They'll have to figure out amongst themselves who gets which one. They break them open and inside one will be nothing, inside the other will be a note that says, "here's a clue to the location of the hidden immunity idol." Nobody except them will know it is back at their camp. Two, you also have power. You can decide to go back to your original tribe or you can mutiny and go back to the other tribe. So we're hoping to get some mutinies this season.”

I don’t know if the thing that goes horribly wrong is at Exile Island or back at Timbira if Sierra is looking for the idol. But I’d like to point out how skinny and gaunt Ben looks after just 6 days. I speculate below that he is one of the exiled ones. He certainly looks like he’s had a tough time!

Discussion on the episode title and press release can be found here and vidcap information is here.

Reward/Immunity Challenge: Beach Brawl

The CBS press photos label the challenge this week as both reward and immunity. You can see the immunity idol next to Jeff. It looks like reward on the lower table, pillows or some other kind of comfort. Jeff is holding a clue to the new twist this season in his hand which the survivors will find out about after the challenge.

The vidcaps from all the different promos promise the

Wettest and Wildest Challenge Ever!

The challenge is some sort of no-holds barred water basketball game. They appear to compete in heats and Debbie sits out, but they don’t give us any clue as to the winner of the challenge! We see both happy and dejected reaction shots from Timbira and Jalapao teammates which could come from any point in the competition. Jeff teases, “Jeff: J.T. not letting Tyson get rid of that ball. Candace trying to take Taj down. Jeff: Candace has it for Timbira! Jeff: And it all comes down to one shot…” but I suspect the last shot made is not the one we see between Candace and Taj.

To see which team might have lost the challenge let’s look at the CBS press photos. First TDT points out that the photos are all of Timbira, usually indicating that they are going to tribal council and that’s where the action will be for the last part of the show. Coach is not accounted for in any of the photos so he can be presumed to be one of the exiled ones. Lastly michel notes that there is no sign of any reward comfort or the immunity idol at their camp.

So I think Timbira is the team going to tribal council this week. But who is the boot target? With Ben’s desire to eliminate the weak, I don’t think any of the men are in trouble, and would probably go along with a female boot. That leaves Sierra, Debbie, Candace and Erinn. Erinn did well in the challenge last week. Sierra could definitely still be in danger and she is featured in many of the promos, but so is Candace. We have no real insight into how Debbie is perceived by her tribe, but in one promo Candace is heard questioning Ben’s usefulness in the challenge. We also learned that Candace is having a hard time adjusting to Survivor in an Insider video.

Here is the vidcap where Candace is questioning Ben:

Announcer: And already one castaway isn't pulling his weight.
Candace: Coach is not excelling physically.

Between the weight loss spoiler and his first episode edit, Coach isn’t going anywhere this week so I predict that Candace is the poison apple that CoachTimbira decides has to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other interesting reading includes Estee's discussion on the Post-ouster Interviews and speculation on who if anyone made The Winning Quote started by flystorms. VerucaSalt’s Editing thread, always a fascinating read, may be especially helpful in determining end game players since there are no boot spoilers yet. Brownroach brought us the ”Insider” transcripts and Flowerpower started a discussion on First Impressions and Suzzee brought us Jiffy’s Blog.

And lastly, don’t forget to vote for the Survivor you think will get the boot this week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Summarize:
Reward/Immunity Challenge: Jalapao
Exiled: Coach and ?
Bootee: Candace

The Tribe has Spoken:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Survivor Fever for their photos and to FlowerPower for the time-consuming job of posting the vidcaps. Special thanks to all the peeps for their insight this week! And a big yay to TDT for coming back this season!

ETA: Voting link

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 michel 02-17-09 1
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 mattben 02-17-09 2
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 Flowerpower 02-18-09 3
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 suzzee 02-18-09 4
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 Max Headroom 02-18-09 5
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 Brownroach 02-18-09 6
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 Belle Book 02-18-09 7
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 kircon 02-18-09 8
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 ajglitch 02-19-09 9
   RE: SOTS Episode 2 PepeLePew13 02-19-09 10
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 PepeLePew13 02-19-09 11
   RE: SOTS Episode 2 Brownroach 02-19-09 12
 RE: SOTS Episode 2 whoami 02-19-09 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-09, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Great SOTS CTGirl. I think you nailed it. I hadn't seen the promo where Candace says that Coach is not excelling physically. That about seals it: Timbits must lose and Candace will try to poison everyone against Coach.

It even ties in to something from Jiffy's blog:

"I never thought Carolina would be first out... Too bad, we always seem to lose a cute girl early. What is wrong with these people? Don't they realize this is their show? They should get rid of the ugly and boring people and keep the attractive and entertaining ones. Like Sydney."

I thought Sydney could be in trouble but this would apply to Candace just as well.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-17-09, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Good job CTGirl.

Looks like Candice's aren't fake oobies.

Is there a chart somewhere of how far the fake oobies make it?

I'm in a tabula rosa phase now, forgive me, please.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Yes, I think that you have nailed it, CTGirl! Way to go! I agree that the Timbira's are most likely to lose the challenge. Ben will be exiled and I believe that Joe will be his choice from the Jalapao tribe to join him. I also think, especially with the editing from the first episode, that Candace will indeed be toast! Thanks, for a great SOTS!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Wonderful CT girl! Another great sots. I was surprised how rough Coach looks in this picture. The highlands have not been kind. Although not all pictures are flattering he looks like it's taken him down already. That one post season shot of him makes it look like he was on the show a long time but seeing how he looks on day 5 makes me wonder about his chances. If he looks that wrung out on day 5, another week or two could do the rest. I think you have everything nailed down, good job.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Great work, CTgirl. It's been widely speculated that Candace is an early boot, and everything you pulled together in this SOTS backs up that speculation.

agman's helping me survive

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Great SOTS, CTgirl -- I completely agree, Candace will be the "poison apple" for trying to get Coach booted, and she will get booted instead.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-18-09, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
I agree -- this is the week that Candace says bye-bye after questioning Ben's usefulness and trying to get him booted.

Belle Book

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-18-09, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
You go Girl! Makes sense to me. I for one will be glad to see Candace go.

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-19-09, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Is it just my eyes or is Sandy absent from the Jalapeno tribe shot? Does this mean she is with coach in exile? If so that might explain the "trouble" as she's about as dumb as they come to reading directions and following instructions.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-09 AT 12:15 PM (EST)

Not sure what you mean, but if you're talking about the people loafing around at camp pictures up there in CTgirl's SOTS, that's the Timbits tribe you're seeing there and Sandy is on the Jalapeno tribe.

If you're talking about the group pics of the two tribes standing in front of Jiffy, Sandy is right there with her tribe of 7.

Oh, and well done on the SOTS, CTgirl! I'm with you, it makes most sense at the moment to go with Candace as the boot and with Coach/(?)Joe(?) as the exiles.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Once again, I want to pass along my kudos for a job well-done on this SOTS!

I was looking at one of the pics above and I'm trying to reconcile what I see on there with what we all seem to be believing will happen in tonight's episode, and so far, I'm striking out. I've taken the pic and blown it up with "special effects" below.

I see the Jalapenos without any bags or extra clothes except for between what looks like Sydney and Joe, while I see Tyson and Debbie or Candace clearly with bags and several others (i.e. Erinn) holding what appears to be extra clothes.

Why would one tribe be carrying extra stuff and the other tribe not be doing so?

Don't mind me if this has already been discussed elsewhere or if I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill, but thought I'd throw it out there to see if there are any further nuggets to be found.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-09, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
Maybe each of the Timbiras brought stuff in case he/she was sent to Exile Island? While it never occurred to the Jalapaos to do that? (Remember, the Jalapao dimwits took the crap supplies off the boat.)

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-19-09, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS Episode 2"
I hope we are not being feed the wrong info like last week.

Not a lot to go on, but thanks CTgirl.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •