The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Brazil - Million dollar quote"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-09, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Brazil - Million dollar quote"
Someone started this season's posting on the old Gabon site, so I figured I'd just start a new thread.

The only one who stood out with having a winners or million dollar quote, to me, last night was Tyson, the nekkid waterboy with a man-tiara. Good gawd I hope he isn't our winner.

Jerry said something about the million in his pre-show interview on CBS.com.

Other than that, did anyone else stand out for any of y'all?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote halfpintlemon 02-13-09 1
 RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote Outfrontgirl 02-13-09 2
   RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote Outfrontgirl 02-13-09 3
 RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote sol 02-14-09 4
   RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote PepeLePew13 02-14-09 5
   RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote halfpintlemon 02-14-09 6
       RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote sol 02-14-09 7
           RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote halfpintlemon 02-14-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-13-09, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
Sierra had a quote as she was working to build the shelter that seemed to fit nicely with the theme of the season.

"They say that first impressions are everlasting but hopefully I'll change their opinion of me...my prerogative is looking good in the eyes of my crew. If you don't redeem yourself, you're pretty much in the doghouse forever."

It wasn't the classic "I'm gonna own this game, I can't wait for the million, etc," but I still thought it could set the tone for the rest of the season.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-09, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
I just don't buy the idea that it means a oerson is more likely to win because they talk about winning the million and their sound byte gets included. I would look for something more subtle. The million dollar thing has been done and the editors aren't going to automatically repeat it every season, or it would be easy to guess the winner.

Recently the winner has been in the group of people who got an early confessional.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-09, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
Just rewatched it up to the challenge.

First group of confessionals I'd describe as First Impressions theme:
Erinn, Tyson, Ben, Sierra, Sandy, Stephen were in this group.
Sierra and Sandy needed to be here due to what was about to happen.

The confessionals I'd call significant were on the trek.
On Jalapao:
Spencer, JT, and Stephen.
All of these were game strategy, although Stephen's was about social dynamics.

On Timbira:
Erinn, Sarge, Ben, Brendan

Erinn's was about her lack of camping time.
Sarge was strategy.
Ben's was notable as he included the Samurai philosophy and this was an extended confessional.
Brendan: notable because he said they are playing to win and don't need a coach.

Ben and Brendan talked the first alliance speak of the game.

Sandy and Sierra had obligatory confessionals as they were in camp alone.

Post-arrival confessionals:
Carolina (first boot)
Ben (eliminate the weak theme)
Carolina
Tyson (free spirit)

Summary:
Of the seven TREK confessionals, 6 were by men. Perhaps the jury will be male dominated.

I would expect that Ben will be a strong force in this game just as weight loss spoiler indicates.

Ben, Brendan, Sarge, Erinn, Spencer, JT, Stephen, Tyson, have been highlighted.
It will be interesting to see how many make the jury phase.
Sierra and Sandy have been highlighted, but they had to be. They may or may not luck out and have some longevity.

Erinn got two confessionals and was the only woman other than the outcasts and the first boot to get one. I'm thinking she aligns with someone (Ben?) and goes at least to the jury.

Tyson and Stephen each got two, both the first impressions and the more solid introductions.

Ben got THREE confessionals prior to the IC, and was the only one to do so.
The camera also followed him a lot. If he doesn't win, he must be a major player.

Candace, Sydney, Debra, and Joe got almost no attention. Taj made an impression, but then she has a big personality that is good on camera. No confessional.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-09, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
Shortly after arriving at the campsite Sandy has her emotional breakdown, and during it she says, "I'm gonna make it the 39 days ... I'm gonna show 'em."

Now this doesn't say she's expecting to win. But will she make the 39 days?

Personally, I don't think so ... IMO she'll never be in any kind of alliance, but she could be the benefactor of others always having "other fish to fry." But the final vote - for the winner - won't see a majority of parchments with her name.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-09, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
It's worth keeping in mind that in many seasons, there's been a coat-tail rider that lasted to the final two or three days - kept around only because he/she was an useful vote and/or a perfect F2/F3 goat.

I could see Sandy being kept around for a long time and I could not imagine her making enough of an impression to get more than a token vote if she's in the final vote.

02-14-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
I don't think she'll make the full 39 days simply because that quote was kind of discredited later in the episode. She also said something to the effect of "I may be the older woman but I'm older and I'm wiser."

Clearly intelligence is not her strong suit (not only did she not understand the meaning of "pace," she also seemed confused by the concept of "palm" and spent time digging under trees that were not of the palm variety). We were also shown a confessional in which her sentences were entirely incoherent, so I'd be shocked if this statement proved prescient in any way.

Granted, anything is possible now since Susie made Final 3 last season.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
Totally agree about her IQ ... when she said she was older and wiser I was just glad I didn't have anything in my mouth, that was a definite spew moment. IMO, wisdom is a word to her ... not a state of being.

The quote .. "other fish to fry" ... goes back to S7, and attributed to Sandra ... and we know how that turned out.

02-14-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Brazil - Million dollar quote"
Oh God, if she even makes it to the end because there's other fish to fry...

Susie was at least bearable because she didn't get screen time. But Sandy? I think I might die.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •