The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-09, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all sigpic-free first impressions of this season's cast on this thread until midnight EST, by which time the West Coast will have had their chance to be horribly disappointed by them too. Because let's face facts: at this point, we're tuning in for the scenery. And I don't mean the swimsuits. 'Oooh, look! Brazilian vegetation!' It's a Nature documentary where the camera crew keeps getting in the way. Because the casting department has stopped pretending to care, and we can either pay for their lack of effort or concentrate on the nearest tree.

You don't believe me? Rule of thumb: the more Jeff talks about how much a given group might be in his Top Five Ever, the more trouble we are in, the more pointless game-wrecking twists we will see, don't memorize tribal assemblies because we'll be switching them up once per segment, and anyone who can play will be taken out behind the shelter and shot. It doesn't matter how Jeff actually feels about a group: the worse they are, the more he has to talk them up. It's in his contract, and do you really want MB to take final possession of the poor man's soul?

Models vs. millionaires: that's what we've got this year. People who might remotely know how to play the game, but have no need for the prize. People who've never heard of the game, but someone on the staff thought they looked good in a bikini. Veterans of other reality shows? Yeah, we blew up that line when we came to it. You want my all-important first impression? We're looking at the first cast assembled from sixteen initial boots. Because no one wants thinkers. No one wants planners. No one in the casting department, anyway -- and if we somehow accidentally get one who managed to sneak through, the game will be manipulated to destroy their chances.

The strong will be tortured. The smart will be invalidated. The weak will be empowered and given egos to match the titans. Strategy will be a joke. Talent turns into a punchline. (This is all a recreation of MB's childhood fantasies about getting back at his schoolmates. You know that.) And we're at the four-paragraph mark in this introduction, so it's time to switch up the tribes again.

Survivor: Tocantins.

Come for the trees.

Stay for the flowers.

Try to ignore the quasi-sentient garbage.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Live post-premiere discussion -- Estee 02-12-09 1
   RE: Live post-premiere discussion -... michel 02-12-09 2
       RE: Live post-premiere discussion -... Estee 02-12-09 3
 Coach? moonbaby 02-12-09 4
   RE: Coach? Estee 02-12-09 5
       RE: Coach? Asrai 02-13-09 40
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... PepeLePew13 02-12-09 6
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Snidget 02-12-09 9
       RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... jbug 02-13-09 35
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Estee 02-12-09 21
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Loree 02-12-09 7
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Estee 02-12-09 10
 No-win situations: two takes. Estee 02-12-09 8
   RE: No-win situations: two takes. Snidget 02-12-09 11
       RE: No-win situations: two takes. Estee 02-12-09 18
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Prof_ Wagstaff 02-12-09 12
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... PepeLePew13 02-12-09 14
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Prof_ Wagstaff 02-12-09 13
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Estee 02-12-09 20
       RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... jbug 02-13-09 36
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Brownroach 02-13-09 39
 First Murses Snidget 02-12-09 15
   RE: First Murses Estee 02-12-09 17
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... PepeLePew13 02-12-09 16
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Prof_ Wagstaff 02-12-09 23
       RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... PepeLePew13 02-12-09 24
           RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... PepeLePew13 02-12-09 30
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Loree 02-12-09 19
 Power went out moonbaby 02-12-09 22
 There was that one quote from Jeff ... Estee 02-12-09 25
 World's shortest Council. Estee 02-12-09 26
 Bye, Carolina! PepeLePew13 02-12-09 27
   Dead idol? Estee 02-12-09 29
       RE: Dead idol? PepeLePew13 02-12-09 31
       RE: Dead idol? Brownroach 02-13-09 38
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Prof_ Wagstaff 02-12-09 28
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Loree 02-12-09 32
   RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... Georjanna 02-12-09 34
 Live chat begins. Estee 02-12-09 33
 RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Co... jbug 02-13-09 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-12-09, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Live post-premiere discussion --"
-- will be at http://www.myinfochat.com/ in the Recreation & Sports room immediately following the closing credits. (Have Java enabled before entering and pick a name you'll be comfortable with being locked into.) As Hell's Kitchen is currently scheduled to be on right after this mess and a lot of us follow up Idiots Who Can't Think with Idiots Who Can't Cook, we may have a late-arriving crowd until one series flinches.

Gordon's not the flinching type.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Live post-premiere discussion --"
"Idiots Who Can't Cook"

Just put on the Outback DVD.

02-12-09, 07:03 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Live post-premiere discussion --"
The important thing here is that Keith doesn't get more than two references in this thread.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Coach?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-09 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

There's a contestant named Coach? Where's NORM?

They are already divided into 2 tribes, black (Timbira) and red (I didn't get that yet).

They're grabbing all they can from the truck to take to their camps. First impressions were funny, one person would say "oh he look good to have around" and the person they were saying that about was thinking "she's gonna crumble" about them. Wahahaha!

Are they already voting 2 people out? They immediately vote the older woman, Sandy. She's p!ssed! The other vote is a young woman with a fever. Sierra, I think is her name. She wasn't too happy either.

WAIT! Jiffy said vote 2 ppl who will not take part in this adventure. By that he meant a four hour hike to camp. The 2 ppl they were so quick to vote out get a heli to their camps. LMAO!!!

02-12-09, 08:19 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Coach?"
Coach isn't the brightest bird in this tree. He's got some qualities to him that could work in the game -- and doesn't know enough to shut up about them. At least he's bright enough to spot how the game typically works: we do have some thinkers in this pool.

I'm surprised Sierra got this far -- and I mean her illness. She must have been confirmed on the trip out: no time to swap in a reserve player.

And is it just me, or did Jeff introduce our setting as 'Token Cheese'?

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-09, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Coach?"
Oh thank God someone else heard that too!! When he said that, I LMAO! I heard 'Token Cheese' every.single.time. My honey and kiddo were not amused by me LOL at the mention of it by the end of the show.

Token Cheese? Bwahahahaha!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I think Sandy's found the secret stash of extra-strong Brazilian coffee beans judging from her hyper twitch-eye-pop-twitch-can't-shut-up-twitch body language once the whole tribe arrived at camp.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
She can't be Tatiana's Grandma, can she?

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Darn you Snidge! I knew this was bound to happen. She'll be everywhere, won't she? And for a long time, won't she?

02-12-09, 08:44 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Maybe that's what she grabbed off the truck.

Which was a nice sequence. Welcome back to the beginning.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The older woman is already grating on my nerves.

10. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Sandy: Tina without the tact.

8. "No-win situations: two takes."
Take 1: Sandy spends the time waiting for her tribe to arrive to look for the idol, doing no work on the camp. Her tribe tries to play kiss and make up, but also backlashes on her for doing nothing. She's heading for the first boot.

Take 2: Sierra, still ill, spends all her time working and putting a shelter together. Her tribe, while thankful, still sees her as a weakness -- and Coach says that because she didn't share the bonding experience of the hike, she's on the outs. She's heading for the first boot.

Why do people apply for this game?

02-12-09, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No-win situations: two takes."
Who applies? Even TVGuide this week had something about them almost all being recruits.

02-12-09, 08:42 PM (EST)
18. "RE: No-win situations: two takes."
Who applies?

Everyone who doesn't make it.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-12-09, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Whew! Sandy makes the Batlady (Jan?) from Thailand look positively sane.

02-12-09, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Whew, indeed!

Earth to Sandy: A pace is not equal to a Tim Conway shuffle...

02-12-09, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I suspect that he'll be around for awhile, but I already can't stand the "Coach".

02-12-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Coach: Gardener without the brains.

J.T. may be Phillip without the body mass. I'm getting serious echoes from a couple of these people.

02-13-09, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

and you ran me out of the bar last night cause I thought I was dreamin.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-09, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I hate "Coach" too. And Sandy is kind of annoying although I'm glad they kept her over Carolina this time.

02-12-09, 08:34 PM (EST)
15. "First Murses"
Now Man-tiaras?

Where has all the testosterone gone?

02-12-09, 08:41 PM (EST)
17. "RE: First Murses"
Jeff: 'Tyson takes on a big heavy load!'

Oh, so he's another one of those Utah Mormon males. What does that make, three?

02-12-09, 08:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-09 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Timbira comes from behind and wins the first challenge! Jalapao is going to Tribal Council, and right now, I can't imagine anyone besides Sandy getting the boot tonight.

02-12-09, 08:45 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
She's been put thru the paces and found wanting.

02-12-09, 08:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Although, it seems that Carolina is doing a good job of digging her own grave with the way the editing is so far...

02-12-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Should have known it'd be Carolina - the camera repeatedly panned on her the first time in camp and especially during the immunity challenge. Plus, of course, she got uber-bossy and everything back in camp after the IC.

02-12-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Considering we have spent so much time on Sandy it doesn't look good for her sticking around. I don't know enough about anyone else on that tribe to see them getting booted this soon.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Power went out"
and the cable box had to reboot. On a windy night that antenna/converter box hookup in the bedroom is worth poop. Pixel and freeze frame every minute or so.

Can't believe red had such a lead and blew it.

02-12-09, 08:50 PM (EST)
25. "There was that one quote from Jeff during Immunity..."
'Nothing good ever happens at Tribal Council.'

That's one for the editing thread -- and we just got the music that's associated with an active idol being present at TC.

02-12-09, 08:53 PM (EST)
26. "World's shortest Council."
Who are these people? Jeff doesn't even know. He's still going by tribe colors instead of names. And with that length of discussion, we're not going to meet the rest of them for a while.

02-12-09, 08:54 PM (EST)
27. "Bye, Carolina!"
Votes revealed:

Sandy
Carolina
Carolina
Carolina
Carolina
Carolina

See ya in Loser Lodge.

02-12-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
29. "Dead idol?"
The note said it was good the first time you went to TC -- but Jeff didn't openly ask for one to be turned in. Never found or just concealing that Sandy had it?

02-12-09, 08:59 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Dead idol?"
Good question - I forgot all about it, and am curious if there was a note attached to the HII saying "you must declare it after the vote if you want to use it at TC - Jiffy won't call for it."

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Dead idol?"
Since the others didn't know there was an idol clue at camp, Jeff couldn't really mention anything at TC. If the idol got used, it got used -- surprise.

02-12-09, 08:56 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
What's up with the stupid prop boa constrictor at TC?

02-12-09, 09:00 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Carolina's mouth did her in. All she had to do was keep quiet and Sandy had that big old Bullseye on her. But Caroline kept yapping and annoyed them into booting her.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-12-09, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Recently on Survivor
Jolanda, Amy, Brianna, Tina, Candice, Mookie, Dave, Mary, Carolina and Jeff Probst
~ Scorpio ~

But then there was Susie ...

02-12-09, 09:02 PM (EST)
33. "Live chat begins."
Come on in: the virtual alcohol's fine!

02-13-09, 09:42 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Survivor #18 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Okay, with these weirdly impossible to pronounce names, I will be using these:
Token Cheese (thanks ST)
Jalapeno
Timmies (tho I've never had the opportunity to partake, I hear it's awesome)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •