The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-08, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
1. Two castaways are sent packing, leaving three to plead their case for the one million dollar prize and the title of sole survivor.

2. A shocking turn of events causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council.

3. The fate of the final four rests in the hands of one castaway who reveals an outrageous decision at the most surprising Tribal Council yet.

4. The jury is faced with a million dollar decision after they question the last three castaways at the final Tribal Council.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Chez 12-12-08 1
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... citywitch 12-12-08 2
 RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Flowerpower 12-12-08 3
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... LFJ 12-12-08 7
 RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Scarlett O Hara 12-12-08 4
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Prof_ Wagstaff 12-12-08 5
       RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Loree 12-12-08 6
           RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... television 12-12-08 8
               RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... suzzee 12-12-08 10
                   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Bebo 12-12-08 12
                       RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... PepeLePew13 12-12-08 13
                           RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Bebo 12-12-08 14
       RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... PepeLePew13 12-12-08 11
           RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Bebo 12-12-08 15
               RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... suzzee 12-12-08 28
           RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Chez 12-12-08 17
               RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... PepeLePew13 12-12-08 20
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... ADKer 12-12-08 16
 RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Corvis 12-12-08 9
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Flowerpower 12-12-08 19
       RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Corvis 12-12-08 22
 RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... kingfish 12-12-08 18
 RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... KObrien_fan 12-12-08 21
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Corvis 12-12-08 23
       RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... KObrien_fan 12-12-08 26
           RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Rayne 12-12-08 27
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Flowerpower 12-12-08 24
       RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Corvis 12-12-08 25
   RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... michel 12-12-08 29
       RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... Loree 12-12-08 30
           RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues.... suzzee 12-13-08 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-08, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
I love this season! It is so surprising, each episode.

This clue stands out for me.

3. The fate of the final four rests in the hands of one castaway who reveals an outrageous decision at the most surprising Tribal Council yet.

I am going to guess this is Sugar - at F4, with Kenny already gone, she makes the decision to align with Bob and try to vote out Susie, knowing full well that either Matty or Bob could beat her at F3. She just wants the "good guys to get to the end".

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-12-08, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
I agree this clue is about Sugars' choice. She truly does play from her heart (I'm sure many people got a chuckle at her whisper to Matty last night "let me do the thinking"), and I guess that's why I've always liked her. For all Corinnes talk about about communicating "without a filter", I think Sugar really played that way. A winner at the game? Probably not. But it's interesting that her strategies always seemed to be the ones that worked out, as opposed to Corinnes' whose never did.

12-12-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."

2. A shocking turn of events causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council.

I think these two clues are related. I think they are related to the one that wins the F5, who most likely is BOB.

Could Bob sacrifice himself...I just feel that he is indeed the journey player and will not win the game, but he could, IF, he was driven. Will he give his immunity away to another, possibly Sugar, and in turn get voted out himself? He has told us he's a man of VIRTUE. Sugar made a bold play by warning Bob, and by giving away her idol to protect Matty.

I have a feeling that Bob is going down...this is Sugar's game to lose...

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-12-08, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Hey (Southern for Hi in some regions) Flo,

Am I mistaken? Didn't Bob FINALLY say something to the effect that he was "playing for all of the marbles"?

Last night he made me think he might be taking a shot at the title. "...57 yrs old and..." It was like he was having an epiphany.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-12-08, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
1. Two castaways are sent packing, leaving three to plead their case for the one million dollar prize and the title of sole survivor. First off is Kenny, and then Bob will follow him in a "shocking" turn of events at Tribal Council.

2. A shocking turn of events causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council. Bob is now out and his alliance mates will scramble for a new strategy.

Something tells me this is Bob. I think he may give immunity to Sugar and therefore sacrifice himself. Didn't we see from early on that he was not there to play the game, but rather he was along for the ride of his life time. The music is upbeat lately every time Bob is shown. The editors really like him, but I don't see him receiving the winner's edit. I think he will do something valient at TC and that is give his Immunity necklace to Sugar when she needs it.

4. The jury is faced with a million dollar decision after they question the last three castaways at the final Tribal Council.

My money is on Sugar, Susie and Matty at F-3. They've all said they would never vote Sugar, but I don't see how she can lose.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-12-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Something tells me this is Bob. I think he may give immunity to Sugar and therefore sacrifice himself. Didn't we see from early on that he was not there to play the game, but rather he was along for the ride of his life time. The music is upbeat lately every time Bob is shown. The editors really like him, but I don't see him receiving the winner's edit. I think he will do something valient at TC and that is give his Immunity necklace to Sugar when she needs it.

Scarlett I always like your thoughts, but for this to play out Sugar would have to vote out Bob after he gave her the IN. I can't see her voting that way, so it would end up in a tie. Or am I missing something (always a good possibility )?

Into the magna tribe by phyl

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
OK I am trying to think of what would be outrageous. Obviously it would be something not done before. So either the winner of the immunity necklace takes it off and doesn't give it to anyone. But states they want everyone to vote with their heart about who deserves to be in the F3 and nobody be safe.

Or maybe TC does end in a 2-2 tie and one of the people with 2 votes tells the others to vote them out (thus sacrificing themselves).

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-12-08, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
What if Bob decides that, at F5, he in fact does think Kenny is in danger, and in fact does give him the immunity necklace, because he's a man of his word? That would maybe satisfy clues 3 and 4. It would be ridiculous, but then Bob has shown so many times that he has no idea how to play (eg. telling sugar about his fake idol, telling kenny that his second one was fake).

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
I don't think he promised Kenny the II for the rest of the game, Bob seemed to cover himself well by saying he would give it to him if he thought Kenny was in danger. He can always say he thought he was safe. Sounds like a plan that contestants can use time and time again to use the II to make deals in any season. The key words are, "I thought you were safe".

A Tribal Sig

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
But at one point during their renegotiation, he did bring up the idea of the deal being for a future TC, not the first one.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
If Kenny continues to press the issue and try to embarrass Bob in front of the jury, then all Bob has to do to get out of it is to say to Kenny, "I heard through the grapevine that you emphatically said you would vote me out if I went ahead and gave you the idol. Why should I give it to you in light of that?"

12-12-08, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
He's smart enough to do that too. His comments at the last TC showed he was already thinking about jury votes, because he was quick to emphasize that he would only give it away if he thought Kenny was in trouble and he knew he wasn't. Sure enough, Kenny didn't get a single vote.

Going to a dreamland where my favorite Bob wins this game.

12-12-08, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."

>Scarlett I always like your thoughts,
>but for this to play
>out Sugar would have to
>vote out Bob after he
>gave her the IN. I
>can't see her voting that
>way, so it would end
>up in a tie.

Not necessarily. If this were to play out, Sugar could just "throw away" her vote to someone else so she remains loyal to Bob but at the same time not go against him. A 2-1-1 vote where, let's say, Bob votes Susie, Matty and Susie votes Bob, Sugar votes Matty.

12-12-08, 12:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
In my dream world, the sacrifice actually goes the other way. Sugar wins immunity, and gives it away to Bob. Then Sugar ends up getting knocked out instead.

Sugar is too fond of Bob to blindside him, even if it is in her best interests. She plays with her heart, not her head, and she has a father figure in her life after the recent passing of her dad. She's already saved him once by warning him of Kenny's plot.

The F4 shock is that they have the chance to get rid of the player who would dominate the vote, and they don't. At least, that's how it is in my dream world.

Show of hands...am I the only one preparing for a really boring jury discussion?

12-12-08, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
It sure could be, Jeff's going to have his hands full either keeping up both ends of the conversation or trying to get a muzzle on Corinne.

Here comes suzzee snowflake thanks Tribey

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
How about this at F4.

Bob has the II necklace, but outrageously gives it to Sugar. Matty and Susie vote for Bob, but Sugar aligns with Bob to vote Susie. Due to the tie, Susie has to compete vs. Bob in a challenge, which Bob wins.

Besides the unprecedented fact of someone giving away the II at F4, the other surprising thing here is that if Bob did not give Sugar the II, then Sugar and Susie would be the two people tied, who have to compete, and Susie's chances of winning are much better.

So the outcome of Bob giving up the II is that the F3 are all 3 of the "good guys" (Matty, Bob, Sugar), instead of two good guys and an undeserving person (Susie).

12-12-08, 02:35 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
That makes a lot of sense.

Although... I wouldn't want to put all of my eggs in a basket in this manner -- remember that Susie won the fire-building challenge back in about episode 8 or 9? Don't be so sure that Bob can easily beat her in a break-the-tie challenge.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Suger is a player and, with Bob, the star of this season but the two dolts on the jury - Corinne and Randy - can't see straight enough to recognize what Sugar has done. They will do what they can to poison the jury against Sugar. I loved watching Corinne celebrate the boot of Crystal - brought about by Sugar and something that Corinne could never have done. Sugar's sense of what is right is limited by her inexperience and relative immaturity so that it won't bother me if Bob, Matty or even Kenny wins. Sugar has good judgment about who the good guys are but she lacks the maturity that, for example, Susie had in recognizing the pathos in Randy. Also, I don't believe that Sugar is playing to win - she is just trying to do the best she can and do the right thing. Her goal on Survivor was self-discovery and to grow up - she has done a lot of both of those.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
From Jeff's blog (he's talking about Kenny):

"But if he gets to the final with the right person or people, it could happen."

Why does he keep equivocating on the final 2 or final 3 question? From the web clues above, you'd have to say it's Final 3. They couldn't make it any more clear...except there's this clue:

A shocking turn of events causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council.

This clue doesn't make it clear which TC this happens at. The other clue about Tribal Council specifically mentions the the Final Four TC. I think the two clues refer to different TCs because the F4 TC talks about something that happens at TC whereas the shocking turn of events talks about something that happens before TC. So when does the shocking turn of events happen - before F5 TC or before F3 TC? If it's F5, then it could be anything - Kenny worming his way back into an alliance, Sugar going a whole day without crying, Susie yawning quietly - who knows? But if it's F3, I think we could have one more boot and a F2.

12-12-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
I have to say that this thought crossed my mind as well, Corvis.

1. Two castaways are sent packing, leaving three to plead their case for the one million dollar prize and the title of sole survivor.
This would be after the F5 and F4 TC's....Three are sent back to camp, thinking that they have made it to plead their cases in front of the jury...but, when they get their last morning champagne breakfast, they get mail in the basket with the goodies that tells them there will be one more final challenge at TC to determine the F2? So, they are left to scramble to make bargains, if I win, I'll take you, blah, blah, blah???

12-12-08, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
The way you describe it makes it even more clear than what I was trying to say! Thanks, FloPo. I really think we could have a F2 instead of F3. They like to mess with them and they're all thinking F3 right now.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-08 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

"...shocking.."

"...outrageous.."

"...most surprising.."

OK, (yawn), this kind of hyperbole has been done to death.

10-1 that that it will be none of these things.

Maybe, just maybe, there will be something that is slightly irregular, maybe somewhat unpredictable. But the most shocking, outrageous, and most surprising thing will be how unshocking it will be.

FTR: I like Scarlet's scenario. I can't see Sugar doing that, but I like the idea.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Remember this?:

Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden
(New) 8:00 PM, 2 hrs
Sun 12/14/2008
CBS
Reality/Other
TVPG, English, 2008

Following weeks of intense competitions, scheming, backstabbing and voting, the final three castaways prepare for the tribal council that will narrow the contest down to the two who will face the judgment of their former tribe mates.

And then we get this:

related? I think they are.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

12-12-08, 03:00 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
*points up*

Hi, KObrien! Nice to see you. We were just discussing that two posts up!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Nice to see you too- I did notice that you were alluding to an F2 but wanted to tie last weeks clue together with this weeks clue so that it helps support your premise and to promote further discussion along this line of thinking.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Rayne 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-12-08, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rayne Click to send private message to Rayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
What if the jury gets to vote one of the three out?? That would be different

12-12-08, 03:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-08 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

Hiya, KOFAN! Great to see you!

Yup, with all of this in sequence, this is what it has to be, imo...

I am still in the mind set that Susie will indeed be our F3...Sugar and Matty, or Sugar and Kenny, imo, will be our final two.

I am willing to bet that it won't be a fire starting challenge as well, but more of an endurance type challenge that we saw in Marquesas, perhaps? Any old African endurance feats that come to mind for anyone??? I am also willing to bet that whoever sits beside Sugar will win...except maybe Susie...

12-12-08, 03:27 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Well, this was the final immunity challenge from Survivor:Africa. The hang on the pole challenge. I miss challenges like that.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-08 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

Hello KO! How are you? It's nice to see you posting again.

I don't think there'll be 4 tribal councils which would be required to eliminate 3 players and then have the 2 finalists face the jury. What they could do differently is have a F3 challenge where the loser is eliminated right there and then.

(They could have the jury eliminate one player before the final TC but Burnett tried that to terrible results in Pirate Master)

And the player who makes an outrageous decision could be Sugar when she reveals that she doesn't mind finishing second to a "good guy". She was ready to let Kenny win but now I think she'd be happy to see Matty win.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
It does sound like maybe the players will be expecting a F3 and they get blindsided with a F2 at the last minute. Some kind of challenge at TC. Maybe the "how well do you know the jury" type contest where the loser is out of the game. Either that or maybe at F4 there is a tie and they boot both players with 2 votes since they can't break the tie.

12-13-08, 01:40 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Finale, CBS Misdirection Clues..."
Susie could win a challenge like that, Bob too if he's still around although the consensus seems to be he'll be gone by then. I think the older ones have an edge in a know the jury type of contest just because they are less self absorbed and listen more.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •