The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Recrap Discussion..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-25-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Recrap Discussion..."
We all know that this week is the re-crap week. Thought it would be helpful to discuss anything that might give us some clues as to the progression of the show. Note, Jeff's V/O with the promo...

Jeff Probst: On this episode of Survivor: Gabon...we like to do this every so often...which is, bring you up to date with everything that's happened so far and tease you with some stuff that you didn't see in the show. This was a season that we had a lot of great stuff and couldn't get everything into the episodes so we decided to do a recap show and introduce a lot of new footage. So if you've been enjoying it so far you're going to see some stuff you haven't seen before.

Corinne (in confessional): Here little "teaching me a lesson". Really? This is how the lesson goes, #####.

Jeff Probst: If you came in a little late you'll get a full catch-up on everything that's happened. So it's worth watching because the season ends in a great way and this will get you in a good spot for it. Survivor: Gabon, this is a recap show.

once again, Jiffy is stating that the show ends in a "great" way...hmmmmm?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Recrap Discussion... Outfrontgirl 11-29-08 1
 RE: Recrap Discussion... michel 11-29-08 2
 RE: Recrap Discussion... suzzee 11-29-08 3
   RE: Recrap Discussion... sol 11-29-08 4
 RE: Recrap Discussion... citywitch 11-30-08 5
 Something to think about... Brownroach 12-02-08 6
   RE: Something to think about... Corvis 12-02-08 7
       RE: Something to think about... emydi 12-02-08 8
           RE: Something to think about... Brownroach 12-02-08 9
               RE: Something to think about... emydi 12-02-08 10
   RE: Something else to think about..... michel 12-02-08 11
       RE: Something else to think about..... Rayne 12-03-08 12
       RE: Something else to think about..... Brownroach 12-03-08 13
           RE: Something else to think about..... michel 12-03-08 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-08, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Recrap Discussion..."
I put the future caps and some analysis in the Ep 11 vidcap thread:

I think of the remaining players, and putting most weight on previously unseen footage, the focus went to
Sugar and Corinne (their sit down, new footage at Exile, extra footage of Corinne being mean)

Matty (song to Jaime)

Bob

Crystal

Susie

Kenny
(who I think is gone next), as he's missing from the reaction shot when Jeff announces the big reward, and the other 6 can be seen, and also we know that either he or Corinne is missing at F6. And I see Corinne in her red bikini in the F5 challenge.

It seems like Sugar, Matty, Corinne are set up as the forces that shape the endgame, although I can't discount Crystal. Susie I do not see facing the jury, or if she does she is one of the zero vote F3 wonders.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-08, 02:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Recrap Discussion..."
The recrap was the Matty - Corinne - Sugar show. Then, in the previews for the next episode, Jeff asked: "How will Sugar cope being stuck between "good" (Matty on screen) and "evil (Corinne on screen)?"

You don't ask a question when the answer is obvious. From all we've seen, Sugar would cope by simply getting rid of Corinne and sticking with Matty. BUT, Jeff did ask the question so the answer can't be the obvious: Sugar is stuck between Matty and Corinne because they don't give her a choice, forcing the votes against her other alliance of Kenny and Crystal. If Sugar ever gets a choice, like at F3, she must do something unexpected.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-08, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Recrap Discussion..."
If screen time translate to boot time then first to go is Susie, then Bob, Kenny, Crystal, Matty, Corrine, and Sugar. So that's not it.

Impressions:

Susie: A leach stuck on a leg (Matty's?)and parasitic until the host is sucked dry. No game and nothing to say.

Bob: Out of his league and diving into Corrine's deep end. The entire Randy boot episode starred the fake idol because he did an awesome job on it. I wonder if the story would come full circle if he gets bounced by Sugar's real one.

Kenny: Living in Crystal's basement. Seems UTR to the rest of the players despite him playing a few aces (sorry about the pun ).

Crystal: Got some game but playing in the moment. A true sprinter I think her race is about over.

Matty: Hasn't got a clue about playing this game he sticks around because he must win some immunities. His audition tape was directed by a professional, he would have the connections for that.

Corrine: Smarter then she's let on to the rest of them but she must win a critical immunity or she's toast. Personally,I like her the best out of the remaining cast.

Sugar: Had to laugh at her instructing Corrine on how to be nice, as she bashed Randy to pulp every chance she got. I'm starting to loath the sweetheart/finding themselves edit. Looks like she'll be around at the end but I think Corrine has this.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-29-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Recrap Discussion..."
Suzzee

All I can say is ditto ... loved the pun too.

Actually I didn't laugh when Sugar was teaching Corrine, I just felt annoyed at her hypocrisy.

I know I predicted a different outcome on another thread, but that was before the recrap.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Recrap Discussion..."
i find this season pretty frustrating & hope that the "great" ending will redeem it.

i'm ok with Matty.
i want to like Sugar. i want to think she basically is a nice, kind-hearted person. i want to think her unkindness towards Randy was a response to the antagonistic personality he was constantly displaying. that whole cookie thing could have been much worse "it wasn't Sugars' to give away" "i could have stomped them in the dirt" etc. could have elicited a much stronger counter-argument. i don't know how many more times Jiffy could have stated they were FOR THE TRIBE.
i cannot in any way get behind a Corinne win. she is a self-proclaimed b*t*h, who is mean-spirited and filled with hatred for almost all of her fellow tribemates, as she has been shown saying many times.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Something to think about..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-08 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

Here's a thread about the recrap in S5, which they showed when there were only six left. Jake was the last remaining Sook-Jai in the game at that point. The venerable Krautboy's comments are posted below.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3325&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes

Krautboy 2045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator" 11-25-02, 09:14 PM (EST)

1. "RE: CBS press release for recap episode ("A Closer Look")"
Thanks for posting Webby.
As I recall, the recap episode has often been used to feature the next episodes boot or to help with their chjaracter redemption prior to their departure. Based on the preview description, Jake and Clay may get an increased amount of face time. Not surprising, given that they are the prime targets at this point...

Krautboy

Krautboy 2045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator" 11-28-02, 00:42 AM (EST)

2. "Jake or Clay?"
After watching the recap, the majority of the new footage featured Clay and Jake? I would suspect that next weeks show is all about who will go next, Jake or Clay?
I still believe Helen is better off to wait one more week before she makes her move. MB would like us to believe this week will be full of surprises, but I still believe they will be related to the challenges and not the voting.
We have no evidence to support Jake lasting any longer. The tides do not turn until EP12.

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, the heavily-featured-in-the-recrap Jake got booted next, despite all attempts to make the audience hope that he might win immunity or convince someone to turn. They had to try to drum up interest that *something* surprising might happen. But it didn't.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-02-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Something to think about..."
Brownroach, after reading the first Kenny vote in the vote thread, I was just coming over to suggest that Corinne would be going next BECAUSE she was featured so heavily in the recap. Thanks for finding evidence that they've done that before.

We've seen many times during regular episodes where the person who gets a big facetime bump gets boot in the next episode. Makes me wonder if Corinne is going next as expected based on alliances and all that.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Something to think about..."
but that red bikini (of Corrine's) in F5 challenge pic says she makes at least that far

12-02-08, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Something to think about..."
Perhaps (I can't really make out who's in those caps). I was just pointing out that a star turn in the recrap does not necessarily set someone up for endgame.

The clues seem to be hinting at a Bob/Corinne tiff this week, so maybe Bob is the one to go.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-08, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Something to think about..."
I am thinking the same thing. His 2nd "fake Idol" stunt could be his downfall. I thought that initially after the preview after Ep 10 2 weeks ago and I'm still thinking it

12-02-08, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Something else to think about..."
Thanks BR for bringing this up. I'm always interested in Survivor history. Certainly, Corinne could go next but we could look at it this way: Jake was the most likeable player left in Thailand while Clay was the most despised. Matty and Sugar were also heavily featured in the recap, not only Corinne. So, couldn't Matty be the one compared to Jake? I'm not suggesting Matt leaves but that there isn't a simple equation between one recap and another.

A recap I do remember vividly was the Exile Island one. It was earlier than Thailand and Gabon as it happened just before the merge. It had 13 new scenes: 1 for each of the 4 original tribes, 7 for the Casaya tribe after the pick 'em and only 2 for the LaMina tribe. The featured players in that recap were Shane, Courtney and Sally BUT we were shown a key scene were Aras was elected leader of Casaya. I feel that, just as we learned something new about Aras, this recap developed Corinne more than the others while Kenny, Susie and Crystal could go the way of LaMina.

Rayne 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-03-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rayne Click to send private message to Rayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Something else to think about..."
In the previews for future episodes the opening shows Matty, Corrine, Sugar, Bob and Crystal - no Kenny, then there is a still shot of Sugar only. Don't know if it means anything or not?

12-03-08, 11:23 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Something else to think about..."
I didn't watch this recrap. I was just pointing out that the recrap has sometimes emphasized contestants that get booted right afterward. But yes, you can't correlate one recrap to another exactly. So I don't think one can assume much from who is or isn't shown.

But according to Estee's East Coast Spoiler thread, they showed a lot of Corinne behaving bitchily, which isn't a great build-up for a winner this late in the game, imo. And logically, why would Corinne be allowed to get to the endgame? She'd have the votes of the three people already on the jury. I can't see how she won't get dumped along the way unless she goes on an immunity run.

12-03-08, 07:19 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Something else to think about..."
``I can't see how she won't get dumped along the way unless she goes on an immunity run.`

I can`t either and she has been a b*tch but I see an endgame edit ever since her first confessional.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •