The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-22-08, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-08 AT 09:32 AM (EST)

Based on Jiffy's Blog, I'm now willing to stick my neck out and predict the final pagonging. Now, Lord knows, I have often been more wrong than right, but this is how I'm predicting it to play out with the "Good" v. "Evil" theme (that we have really yet to see this season, but Jiffy keeps telling us it's there).

We have seven survivors left in the game: Bob, Corrine, Susie, Matty, Sugar, Crystal and Kenny

Next week, we will see Bob and Corrine fighting for their lives to stay in the game. I think next week, Kenny, "the brains," will get his comeupance and be voted out. The shot of the empty row boat at sunset seals it for me.

After Kenny goes, it is Crystal the "Muscle's" turn. Without her sidekick, she is toast.

Now we have Bob, Corrine, Susie, Matty and Sugar. Sugar is safe until F-4? Not sure. But now, it is Matty who will be booted if he fails to win the Immunity idol. And the following week at F-4, Sugar will be booted.

Final three is Bob, Corrine and Susie. Susie has reached her goal of F-3! However, this season, it will not be an F-3, but an F-2. The final immunity/endurance challenge will take place and it will be won by Corrine, who picks Bob to join her in the Final Tribal Council -- after all, she hates Susie for being responsible for the Marcus Boot.

The F2 is Good (Bob) v. Evil (Corrine).

Any one care to comment?

Burned by tribe

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Flowerpower 11-22-08 1
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread michel 11-22-08 2
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Georjanna 11-25-08 33
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread emydi 11-25-08 34
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread bluepanther 11-22-08 3
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Estee 11-22-08 4
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread SquidProQuo 11-22-08 5
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Scarlett O Hara 11-22-08 6
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread michel 11-22-08 7
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread bluepanther 11-22-08 8
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Scarlett O Hara 11-22-08 9
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread sol 11-23-08 10
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Scarlett O Hara 11-23-08 11
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread television 11-23-08 12
           RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread flystorms 11-23-08 13
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread WhiteHot 11-23-08 14
           RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread sol 11-23-08 17
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread jbug 11-23-08 15
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Bebo 11-23-08 16
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread jobgirl 11-23-08 18
           RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread sol 11-23-08 19
               RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread squibb 11-24-08 20
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Max Headroom 11-24-08 21
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Brownroach 11-24-08 22
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Loree 11-24-08 30
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread byoffer 11-24-08 26
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Max Headroom 11-24-08 28
           RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Brownroach 11-24-08 29
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Brownroach 11-24-08 23
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Scarlett O Hara 11-24-08 24
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Brownroach 11-24-08 25
           RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Flowerpower 11-24-08 27
               RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread guardian 11-24-08 31
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread television 11-24-08 32
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Corvis 11-25-08 35
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread NedraSue 11-25-08 36
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread sol 11-26-08 37
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Corvis 11-26-08 38
   RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Brownroach 11-27-08 39
       RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread Loree 11-28-08 40
 RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread tikigirlie 11-28-08 41
   I agree with every word ;) WhiteHot 12-04-08 44
  F5 Challenge Shot Flowerpower 12-04-08 42
   Post Corrine Boot Flowerpower 12-04-08 43
       RE: Post Corrine Boot Outfrontgirl 12-07-08 45
           RE: Post Corrine Boot michel 12-07-08 46
               RE: Post Corrine Boot Flowerpower 12-07-08 47
               RE: Post Corrine Boot Outfrontgirl 12-07-08 48
                   RE: Post Corrine Boot Scarlett O Hara 12-07-08 49
                   RE: Post Corrine Boot michel 12-07-08 50
                       RE: Post Corrine Boot Outfrontgirl 12-07-08 51
                           RE: Post Corrine Boot Bebo 12-07-08 52
                               RE: Post Corrine Boot Outfrontgirl 12-07-08 53
                       Crystal Outfrontgirl 12-08-08 54
                           RE: Crystal/Bob Scarlett O Hara 12-08-08 55
                               RE: Crystal/Bob Corvis 12-08-08 56
                                   RE: Crystal/Bob Flowerpower 12-08-08 57
                                   RE: Crystal/Bob Loree 12-08-08 58
                                       RE: Crystal/Bob Brownroach 12-08-08 61
                                   RE: Crystal/Bob suzzee 12-08-08 59
 Change the end game discussion... F... Corvis 12-08-08 60
   RE: Change the end game discussion.... suzzee 12-08-08 62
   RE: Change the end game discussion.... Flowerpower 12-08-08 63
       RE: Change the end game discussion.... michel 12-08-08 64
           RE: Change the end game discussion.... Chez 12-11-08 67
   RE: Change the end game discussion.... Georjanna 12-08-08 65
 F2 or F3.... What if.... FSUGUY 12-11-08 66
 Pre-Finale Boot discussion Flowerpower 12-12-08 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-08, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Okay, I am ready to start discussing the end game, but I am eagerly awaiting the folks in the editing thread and their commentary with the post 10 episode. However, I think you are right in that the next new episode will be the demise of Kenny, and the lone rowboat, that Frisky pointed to in the vidcap thread, does indeed seal it for me. It also fits with a big play at F7. The time is right...Bob pulls Corrine closer, Matty, through Sugar, enlists Bob and Corrine to target Kenny.(Or, perhaps Sugar will get the credit for this...doesn't really matter to the outcome). We heard Matty in the secret scene label them as having to go...Interesting that this very enlightening scene was hidden from the viewers...?? Why are they with-holding Matty's strategy...perhaps so they can really turn it on/up later?

I will interject here that in the last episode I didn't really see Matty "playing the game"...I kept waiting for something but didn't really get it. But, then Sugar said..."Matty is really playing the game now"...this was HUGE for me. As I know that in order for someone to win, we have to have other survivors noting them and their strategy. To hear Sugar make this comment, when I didn't think it was necessary made me think that he indeed has a chance to win it. We also hear everyone else talk about how Matty is the "physical threat", yet he has only won one challenge, an endurance one. I am then reminded that the final challenge usually incorporates endurance as well, which leads me again to think that he could win.

When Kenny is gone, I agree that Crystal will soon follow. However, while Matty may become a marked man here, I think now he may win some IC's and be spared, but you are right. If Matty doesn't win IC's here, he should be toast. I think if Matty has immunity, the next big immunity threat would go...(ha), Bob. Then we have 4: Matty, Sugar, Susie, Corrine. Somehow I think this is where Sugar will go, then Susie/Corrine/Matty are F3 with the F2 = Good Matty vs. Evil Corrine.

I rule out Bob as the F2 mostly from when his editing arc really began, and the pinnacle of it in the last episode, with him stating that he knew the idol wasn't there so he would rather go on a safari....Bob is telling us that he would rather explore Africa and its glory and spend the time reflecting on his life than win the million dollars. While this was indeed an "Earlesque" moment, I really felt that it screamed our journey player, there to experience the adventure and to ponder his life, but not to win the game. This was the climax of his story...imo.

...I am usually wrong at these predictions as well...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
At the start of the game, when it was open season on booting women, (Michelle, Gillian, Paloma, Jacquie, Kelly) we heard that there couldn't be "2 Adams in Eden". Now that we've had 5 men voted out in a row, I'm thinking there won't be any Adam in Eden.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-25-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-08 AT 10:49 AM (EST)

I agree.

Kota/The Onion Alliance hasn't stopped playing the Game simply because the majority of its members are now Jurors. And I think that it will vote at the Final Tribal Council, as it did before, as a bloc. And that bloc of three, four or five (I think that it would take Bob all of five Ponderosa minutes to revert to Onionism) will not vote for any one of Susie, Sugar or Crystal unless it has no other option. Fang, on the other hand, is a loose collection of factions that very well could, given a choice between two or more of its members, split its vote.

So, it seems to me that Susie, Sugar and/or Crystal have two options:

1. Arrive at Final Three as a group.

A Final Two is covered.

2. Limit The Onion Alliance to three votes (and Fang to zero options) by arriving at Final Three as the lone Fang flanked by Bob and Corrine.

Scarlett began this thread with a Final Two scenario based on this sort of Final Three configuration. My only reservation about her premise is that if I were any one of the Fang women - or Corrine - I would boot Bob to a - limited - Ponderosa tenancy and hope for his vote. If I could: the problem (for Corrine) with keeping Bob (a last Adam) until the Final Three is that he is no slouch at endurance.

ETA: Clarifications

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-08, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
But if a Fang juror is mad at the last Fang they could give their vote to Bob who is seen as "good" The Fangs split their votes btw the Fangs and Bob

Corrine is the ONION, Bob is not as Onionlike. Marcus Charlie and Randy will all vote for Corrine

Then it's a 3-3-1 tie vote (what happens?) or a 3-2-2 vote with Corrine winning.

bluepanther 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-22-08, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bluepanther Click to send private message to bluepanther Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Do you only want to use Jeff's blog? In some of his interviews, Randy said some things that some folks are saying are slips about who doesn't make it to the end. Maybe Randy knows people reads interviews and did it on purpose.
I don't know if it's okay to post the names or if there's a spoiler tag I'm supposed to use.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-08, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-08 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

It's okay to openly post names and links, as long as it's kept on this part of the board. Anyone who ventures into this area who didn't want to be ambushed by spoilers shouldn't have come into the Spoilers section to begin with.

SquidProQuo 2526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-22-08, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
If Randy's telling the truth in his RNO interview, Corinne does NOT make F3: "Kenny is lasting longer than me and Corinne and Marcus, but if you look at it, he’s gotten every break in every tribe flip-flop, and unfortunately, other strong players got the short end of the stick." Randy also says he underestimated Kenny since Kenny played the dumb kid act.

Also, while Jeff's blog certainly hints strongly that Kenny finally gets his comeuppance, Charlie says in his RNO interview that he and Kenny never got to know each other -- which seems to suggest that Kenny never makes it to the Losers Lodge for long enough for the two of them to talk.

11-22-08, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Here's the Link to the Reality News Online article that is referred to above.

Here's the quote from the article:

Randy: From being out there as well as watching, Jacquie, Ace, myself, Charlie, Corinne, Marcus has a great early game, and somewhat Kenny. Kenny is lasting longer than me and Corinne and Marcus, but if you look at it, he’s gotten every break in every tribe flip-flop, and unfortunately, other strong players got the short end of the stick.

I can't believe that Randy is telling the truth. He's under a gag-order from CBS, I'm sure. So, I'll wait for a few weeks before I buy that line.

P.S. Michel ... No Adams in Eden?. You mean you are predicting Good - Sugar v. Evil - Corrine F-2?

11-22-08, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-08 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

"PS Michel ... No Adams in Eden?. You mean you are predicting Good - Sugar v. Evil - Corrine F-2?"

Do you still see Sugar as a good person?

I'm still watching the episode, picking up confessionals and hints to put together an analysis. Predictions are in the Editing thread because, as Estee said, this is a dangerous thread if you don't want source spoilers.

bluepanther 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-22-08, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bluepanther Click to send private message to bluepanther Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
The other one that Randy mentions is Matty. That was in the Buddy TV interview when he was asked who he would want to vote for: "You look at the original 18 and you think of somebody like Marcus who’s gonna win this game or you think of somebody like Dan or Matty or Jacquie. None of them are left."

Maybe he's lying but I don't think so. He lists Corinne and Matty as part of a group of people so it makes me think that he just slipped up.

11-22-08, 06:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Thanks for bringing this up bluepanther and welcome to the Boards!

Here's the Link to the Buddy TV Interview with Randy. Time will tell if Randy is correct or not.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-23-08, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Ep10 was Nov 20, if Nov 27 is a ReCrap, the remaining Thursday nights are Dec 4, 11, and 18th. Is the final night going to be just one week before Christmas? I don't see it. So that means there's only 2 Thursday nights after next weeks ReCrap.The only way this works is to make Sunday, Dec 14 the final night.

With 7 castaways left, one will be eliminated Dec 4, one on Dec 11, 2 on Dec 14, leaving an F3.

Looking back A$$ had 15 Eps (China had 13) ... that season (A$$) also had 18 castaways, and eliminated Rupert and Jenna in that last Ep. leaving an F2. During that season Sue Hawk quit, but there was no TC that Ep..

On another note, I don't see Sugar joining with Corrine at any time, unless she wins the final immunity and believes that Corrine is beatable (and is still there). The only way that I can see Corrine lasting any longer is if she and Bob are joined by Matty and Susie. It will be easy to flip Susie because she can be convinced that she's 5th among Kenny, Crystal, Sugar and Matty. Matty and Susie have asked Sugar to join their alliance and Sugar thinks she is in a good situation being the swing vote that either eliminates Kenny and Crystal, or Susie and Matty. Sugar has to believe that Corrine and Bob will be sent to the showers in the next 2 T's, and then she chooses who she wants to go to F3 with.

If Susie and Matty flip, fill in Kenny's name for Ep 11, and Ep 12 will be Crystal. That's the way I would like to see it. But I think Bob - the annoying story-teller - is next, and Corrine completes the Onion Alliance in the jury. I simply don't believe what Jiffy writes in his blog ... it's mostly been lies, IMO.

11-23-08, 08:01 AM (EST)
11. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Great comments, sol! I hear you about Jiffy's lies ... I'm still waiting for Corrine to blow! So, the way you see it, Sugar will be the swing vote and it'll either be Sugar + Matty & Susie OR Sugar + Crystal & Kenny in the end game? This scenario gaurantees Sugar a seat in F-3, either way. Time will tell if you are correct in your assessment.

I also agree with you that the last episode will most likely be on December 18, which does in fact, give us one boot on the 4th, one boot on the 11th, and two boots on the 18th plus an F-3. I don't see how they could possibly manage an F-2, with so many players left in the game at this point in time. So, it'll be Good v. Evil v. neutral? Could you imagine the cat fight at Tribal Council if the F-3 was all women? Susie + Sugar + Corrine!!?

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Don't they typically have the finale and reunion on a Sunday? That would make it a F3 show with 2 boots on the 14th, or a F2 show with 2 boots on the 21st. Either would be plausible, imo... I seem to remember that at least the finale of Season 7 (pearl islands) was pretty close to christmas.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
The finale is on the 14th for sure. I was wondering the same thing about F3 or F2, but with it being on the 14th (and recap on T'giving), the numbers line up for a F3.

WhiteHot 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WhiteHot Click to send private message to WhiteHot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Wait. Who in this scenario of F3 is considered neutral?

11-23-08, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
I still think the good vs. evil is partly Jiffys own perception, and isn't necessarily the theme of the final show. I think Jiffy decided that he didn't like Corrine, Randy and Marcus, and saw them as the bad, while the underdog Fangs became the good ... similar to Yul, Ozzie, Becky and Sundra in Cook Islands.

Usually the people who we agree with are 'the good', while those who disagree are 'the bad'. JP has expressed who he see's as good and who is evil - just his opinion. I wonder what made Shane in Exile Island, or Rocky in Fiji such good television to JP, but Randy is considered 'bad'. Personally, I liked Randy a lot better than Rocky.

As for the F3 ... Yes Scarlett, Sugar seems to be well placed, but the unpredictability of this seasons cast makes an F4 of Corrine, Bob, Matty and Susie entirely possible, with Bob not making F3. But, as you say, we'll see how it all plays out.

Sugar said that Matty is really playing the game ... but I haven't seen it. Bob says it's time to start playing hard, like Susie ... but making a false HII, and then talking about Marcus hiding another idol isn't much of a social strategy. (BTW,I believe the idol that was thrown in the ocean was not 'owned ' by one castaway, and would provide immunity to whoever uses it). Susie thinks flipping is playing the game, but that's not much of a strategy - but it could take her to F3. Rob C in Amazon used the flipping wisely ... and is still my all time favorite player.

The only people I think are playing the game are Sugar and Kenny ... according to the editing. BTW, I consider both of them as evil ... if anyone is counting ... and if Crystal makes F3 with S & K, then 'the good' must be the jury ... hehehe.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-08, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
One of the videos on cbs.com has Sugar telling about her 2 alliances: first with Kenny & Crystal; 2nd w/ Matty & Susie.
She talks like she would be happy for Kenny to win.

Bug size bikini designed by Tribe

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-08, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-08 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

One of the theories that has been brought up in the past is that revealed alliances do not succeed. That has certainly been true for the Onion Alliance this season. We've been shown the Ken/Crystal alliance extensively, as well as Sugar's interactions with Ken. While we've been shown the Sugar/Matty alliance (since they were the only two NuNuKota who had been NuFang), but we haven't really been shown the Matty/Susie alliance, or any sort of alliance between Sugar and Susie.

So fans of the alliances revealed not succeeding theory would expect Matty/Susie to last longer than Ken/Crystal. Another possible argument in favor of a Ken boot next.

jobgirl 36 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-08, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jobgirl Click to send private message to jobgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
For what it's worth, I don't think Thanksgiving is a recrap...I saw a promo that indicated a new ep

11-23-08, 10:19 PM (EST)
19. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Just checked Zap2it and it said,

Previously unseen footage, including secret scenes and audition footage, offers insight into how power shifted into the hands of Sugar, Susie, Ken and Crystal.

It looks like a recrap, it smells like a recrap, it tastes like a recrap ... gotta believe it is a recrap

squibb 26 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail squibb Click to send private message to squibb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Yeah, they had the commercial during TAR, a lot of jerk footage of Randy, stupid footage of Sugar, etc., ad nauseum. Fitting for "Turkey" day.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
I'm not the best spoiler, but here's how I see it breaking down:

F7: Matty/Sugar realize they're in the 4th and 5th slots behind Kenny, Crystal, and Susie. They join with Corinne/Bob and combine to boot Kenny.

F6: The newly-dominant group continues their alliance pagonging and boot Crystal.

F5: Here's where it gets tricky. Do Matty/Sugar + Corinne/Bob finish the pagonging and boot Susie? Doubtful, I think one pair picks up Susie to break the 2-2 tie. Matty/Sugar are more likely to persuade Susie, so I think they pick up her vote and boot jury-friendly Bob.

F4: Matty/Sugar/Susie complete their final 3 deal and boot Corinne.

F3: Matty easily wins the F3 IC and boots Sugar, thinking he can beat Susie more easily at Final TC.

F2: Matty's thinking is correct. Matty beats Susie and wins Survivor 17.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Sugar would have to do a complete 180 to boot Kenny next time. From the Insider:

"Matty and Sue...start making an alliance with me, and I'm like (talking out of the side of her mouth), 'I already have an alliance with Kenny and Crystal,' but I can't tell them that, because I want to be in the top three no matter what, and how cool is this, that I have two options to do this with. I'm gonna stay true to my word with Kenny. I was thinking of flopping with the other one, pick one of the other group, but I've been wracking my brain about this, and I really think I have a better chance of getting second place if Crystal is in the top three. I have a much better chance. Kenny is definitely gonna win, that's fine, he deserves it. He's become a man on this trip. I've become a liar (laughs), and a traitor, so I don't mind coming in second to Kenny at all. I don't wanna be third, so I think it's gonna be me, Crystal, and Kenny, but we've gotta see what happens, y'know?"

I can't see Sugar deciding to ally with the much more jury-friendly Corinne, Bob and Matty.

Susie, though she dislikes Corinne, might conceivably be persuaded by Matty to flip, if he decides he wants to.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Matty and Susie don't need Sugar to help boot Kenny. If Matty and Susie think Sugar is closer to the K/C pair than they are. They would be smart to grab Corrine and Bob and boot Kenny themselves. They do not even have to tell Sugar. But Kenny and Crystal need splitting up. That is something everyone else needs to recognize.

I wonder if any of them are ever going to try and make Sugar use the HII.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
I like what you have proposed, Max, but I have to agree with BR as we haven't seen Sugar show us that she can make a move like would be required to pick off Kenny. If her comments as quoted in BR's note are true, then she is playing to last and not playing to win. As such, I don't see her making that move. I will echo BR's predictions from below, with continued pagonging of Corinne and Bob, followed by Sugar and Matty. Susie has already explained she is targeting f3, so she will go with Kenny and Crystal to get there. She probably thinks she can actually beat them there (must be her shining personality).

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
I think Matty makes the move to boot Kenny, not Sugar. Sugar just goes along with his suggestions, not unlike how she acted around Ace earlier this season.

The numbers don't work for Bob, Corinne, Matty, or Sugar unless they make a move in the next episode. The next several episodes will be a boring pagonging exercise unless Matty sees the light and convinces Sugar to join him. Corinne and Bob will surely be up for it since they're dead last in the current pecking order.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

11-24-08, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
If Sugar suspected that Kenny and Crystal are lying and really plan to take Susie to F3, she might be inclined to make a move with Matty.

But from the Insider clip it sounds like she feels quite secure with her K/C alliance. And Matty and Susie have offered her an alternate 3-person alliance.

So there's no incentive for Sugar to move to a 4-person alliance now, when she has two other options which both guarantee her F3.

11-24-08, 12:36 PM (EST)
23. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-08 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

This is what I'm envisioning right now:

Final 7 – Corinne goes next (pagoning continues)

Final 6 – Bob follows (pagonging is over)

Final 5 – Susie is out. I'm guessing Matty wins immunity here. Crystal, Kenny and Sugar vote for Susie. Matty may or may not vote for Susie but three votes gets Susie out. Sugar plays the idol, as it's her last opportunity to do so.

Final 4 – Kenny is out. Matty knows he has to win immunity again, and does. Matty convinces Crystal that Kenny needs to go, or Kenny will win the game. Sugar, not wanting to be stuck with *both* Matty and Kenny in the F3, tearfully goes along.

Final 3 - Crystal, Sugar and Matty. Matty wins, possibly 7-0.

11-24-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
24. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Thanks Max and Brownroach for posting your thoughts. It's fun to speculate the end game scenarios and more fun to see if any of our predictions will come to fruition.

11-24-08, 01:11 PM (EST)
25. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Yes this is fun, Scar, thanks for starting the thread.

I'm pretty well convinced that Sugar is one of the finalists. Both Charlie and Randy have nothing but bad things to say about her.

11-24-08, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
So, far with all of the scenarios presented, it still will be an amazing road for all of them....can't really predict...what is shown and what we are not being shown is what is blowing me away...ex. Matty's discussion regarding that Kenny is the brains while Crystal is the muscle and that they need to go, along with the latest insider clip that BR posted above from Sugar...WOW!!! She doesn't care if she comes in second to Kenny...WHAT???!!! What happened to her tears of how he duped her and she didn't trust him...??? She is SO all over the place, and just when I think she's got some brains and direction, she starts making comments like that??? God, I sure hope if she makes the finals that she DOES NOT win...when she doesn't care about that or not!

guardian 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-24-08, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail guardian Click to send private message to guardian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
I was over at CBS watching videos and there's actually one for each of the remaining Survivors. Matty and Ken have a bonding moment and it looks like they are both on the same page. Both of them started out on Fang. They say they both have suffered terribly and Matty states how he missed even Crystal when they were separated. Then if you watch the other video with Matty's thought on how to play to F3 he says that he needs to vote out Ken or Crystal. I think to save face that he will vote out Crystal first. Take his chances with II and hope that he can beat Ken next week. After watching Susie and her outlook on how to make it to F3, she talks about Matty often and I believe that she will swing with Matty and join up with him to join forces with Corinne and Bob to vote out Crystal. Kenny will be next, but only because Sugar still has the HII and they will probably try to trick her some way or another and that will leave her without the idol for the next vote. Corinne would be a good choice for the finals, so therefore the next one to leave will be Sugar followed by Bob. That leaves us with Corinne, Matty and Susie. (Not my pick of the pack, but what can I do? lol) There will be a final competition and Matty will win it and take Susie, and that will give the boot to Corinne. With only Fang left the Jury will have to content with "Adam or Eve". To get to the end and boot so many of his former tribesmates to get there, Matty will look like the evil mastermind, since nobody will believe that Susie would ever be able to form this plan, and therefore will be considered the evil one. With dear, sweet, older but wiser, Susie to play the role of "Good". LOL

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
You know, that's something I really find refreshing about this season. I've been on these boards since just before A$$, and every season we've had at least some kind of boot order spoiler, or very well sourced spoiler. This year, it's so unpredictable, and the editing is deceptive... it's really exciting to see more spec. I haven't really taken much part in spoiling, despite reading it all the time... as I don't have the greatest eye for detail, I've never been one to deconstruct the vidcaps (kudos to those who do), but other discussion has usually been stifled with so much already known about the boot orders - it's usually 'how I think this sourced boot order spoiler will come to fruition' rather than a genuine 'this is my guess on how things will shake out'. This season is a welcome change, imho.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-08, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
I am with you, Brownroach, up to Final 5.

At that point, I think Matty and Sugar will vote out Crystal, leaving Matty, Sugar, Ken and Susie as the Final 4. Matty wins immunity again and Ken is booted. We have a Sugar, Susie, Matty final three, which Matty wins.

That's how I think it will go. But if I got to pick how it would go, I'd choose:

Final 7 - Corinne
Final 6 - Crystal
Final 5 - Sugar
Final 4 - Bob
Final 3 - Susie
Final 2 - Matty and Ken, which would hopefully lead to a close vote between Ken and Matty, with Ken narrowly beating Matty for the title of Sole Survivor.

NedraSue 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-25-08, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Didn't we see the pre-game discussions that Matty is too nice for the game dispite himself? I really like him, but I was thinking that we had a clue that told us that he would not be at the end of the game?

I don't recall when...but I think it was from Jiffy.

NedraSue

11-26-08, 00:19 AM (EST)
37. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
A number of posters have said they expect Matty to go on some kind of II run ... I just don't see it. Matty has been good at the athletic part of the challenges, but not so good at the puzzle solving aspect. Meanwhile Kenny has been at least adequate at the athletic, and this seasons best puzzle solver. Since Survivor has changed the challenges of the past couple seasons to be a complex of athletic, or strength/endurance and puzzle solving. I expect the last IC to be an endurance/strength challenge, but until then I expect to see more of the same ... athletic and puzzle.

This puts Kenny in a very strong position to make F3 and win the mil. If Matty is smart enough he will convince Susie to switch and join Corrine and Bob ... make the deal with Corrine that Bob is eliminated at F4. Corrine would jump at this because of the numbers on the jury in her favor, while Matty and Susie would split the old Fang vote.

If Matty and Susie don't make the switch the Corrine, Bob pagonging will continue. At F5 Mattys only chance is to win the II, and I don't think he's guaranteed to do that. Moreover, at F5 people start getting very serious about who is beatable in the finals. Matty is probably more palatable to Marcus, Charlie, Randy, Corrine and Bob, than any of Kenny, Crystal, Susie, or Sugar. Matty will be perceived as too much of a threat and without the II will be gone at F5.

Okay, here goes ...

F7 - Corrine
F6 - Bob
F5 - Matty (although the Star of David and the bird symbols can't be ignored - but is that misdirection the way so much of the season has been?)
F4 - Susie
Winner - Kenny - like him or not, he grew up a lot in a month, and he'll be respected for that by enough of the jury. Moreover, Crystal and Sugar both have too many enemies, and that laughing at Randys demise wont win any respect from the jury.

Also like to extend my thanks to Scarlett for starting this thread, it is fun ... especially since there is no boot list, everything is speculation.

11-26-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
sol, you make a great point about Kenny and immunity challenges. I hope your speculation is true and Kenny makes it to the end. I could see him as the winner particularly if his edit picks up in the next couple episodes.

11-27-08, 07:06 PM (EST)
39. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
A number of posters have said they expect Matty to go on some kind of II run ... I just don't see it...At F5 Mattys only chance is to win the II, and I don't think he's guaranteed to do that.

I agree that Matty should be out at Final 5 without immunity; however, to me the way his story is being editing says he gets further than that -- that is why I am speculating that he will probably win immunity there. It doesn't have to do with who is most likely to win immunities in general. After all, Susie won immunity, in a fire-building challenge no less. Who'd have ever guessed that would happen?

I am skeptical of a Crystal/Sugar/Kenny F3 because Sugar says in the Insider clips that she is anticipating exactly that. Now I'm not sure we can make the same assumptions from the Insider Clips as from what is put into the actual show. But if that scene had been in the actual show, it's a safe bet her F3 wouldn't come to pass.

11-28-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Kenny & Crystal along with Susie seemed to get the least attention in the recrap show. It would seem odd to ignore the final 3 in the recrap show. That doesn't look good for them as long term.

tikigirlie 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-28-08, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tikigirlie Click to send private message to tikigirlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: End Game Boot Discussion Thread"
Longtime lurker, just had to post my thoughts.

I find it extremely hard to believe that any of the "fAng5" flip to Bob and Corinne. I think the end of the recrap episode shows Corinne freaking out at Sugar. Not sure when exactly that would be in the next few episodes, but Corinne does not make any one want to be on her side.

Also, these last 5 players are extremely emotional, and it rarely seems like they're thinking end-game. Obviously Corinne would be a great person to sit next to you for F2, they hate her. Sugar hates Corinne. Matty said he was tired of her attitude, Susie agreed. Crystal will do what the majority says (or what Kenny wants).

Also Corinne's already got at least 3 votes in her pocket (Marcus, Charlie, Randy), the possibility of Bob, and if one/two of the fAng5 flips, whoever they vote out will not be happy. Thinking like that, it wouldn't make sense to keep Corinne in any scenario.

Anyone remember how Jeff worded the recapped boots last night? It was a lot of "Kenny, Matty and Crystal ...." (as in, they granted GC's wish, voted off a front-runner in Jacquie).

In my mind, Bob saved his butt for the next 3 days by pulling the fake idol stunt, and he'll just try to win immunity in challenges after that. Don't think it will happen, though.

F7 Corinne
F6 Bob

Here's where it gets dicey. Sugar can choose between Matty/Susie (they say they have an alliance, also have been close since Fong) and the indestructible alliance of Kenny/Crystal. She goes with K/C, with the promise that it won't be Matty (who Sugar's been close to since nuFong).

F5 Susie

Matty wins immunity here and M/S vote Crystal, while C/K vote Sugar. I think Kenny and Matty have some unwritten code of brotherhood that says they won't vote for each other. Sugar wins the "tie-breaker."

F4 Crystal (who'd ever thunk she'd make it this far)

It ends up being a F2, and in every scenario I see Kenny going F2, probably with Sugar.

F3 Matty

Kenny wins. I remember Jeff saying people would be pleased by the outcome. People like Marcus, Dan, Jacquie winning would be a well-duh and boring moment, like Tom in Palau. Easy to say now that they're all eliminated, but overall, I think Kenny winning could be a good thing.

I just want to say that I really enjoy this season. It makes me upset that Randy says that fAng had the benefit of the tribal switches, though. When K/C were left with Bob/Marcus/Susie, they could have rolled over and accepted the minority position. Instead they voted out the power player. They had the short end of the stick on both NuNuKota/Fang, but managed to make do. My take on the editing. Plus, I hated Marcus. He came off as an arrogant SOB, who was incredibly boring. At least Kenny has funnier moments like, "I think that's BS" and "Well, who DOES deserve to leave?"

Sorry for the essay, just my thoughts.

WhiteHot 47 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-08, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WhiteHot Click to send private message to WhiteHot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "I agree with every word ;)"
Good message. I think that's how it all goes down and I definitely was not a Marcus fan.

12-04-08, 07:42 PM (EST)
42. " F5 Challenge Shot"
With the great work that VG has done over at Surivvor Phoenix with blowing up the F5 challenge along with the F5 themselves. See the pics here and note the "here". You can now see the moving real time of the F5.

So, if it's Corrine, Sugar, Kenny, Matty, and Crystal/Susie? how will the end game unfold? Will Sugar coast into the final four being unchallenged with her idol in hand? I think so, at this point, and I must say, I am severely disappointed by the players that are content to let her coast right in...

I fear for Matty if he does not win immunities...he can start his IC run at any point...

Corrine is a sure vote against Sugar, for anyone that would choose to use her, after all, she hates her. I wonder if she will hook up with any of the remaining players...Matty? At this point IF, Sugar doesn't align with Matty and Corrine, I don't see how Kenny and Crystal can be stopped...but if Kenny/Crystal align with Sugar, Matty and Corrine will be toast...

12-04-08, 09:21 PM (EST)
43. "Post Corrine Boot"
Boy, Bob sure looks nice in the red bikini! WOW! What a great episode that was! I knew it wouldn't be Matty, as we saw him in the Blindfold challenge and MAJOR KUDOS to Volcanic Glass at Survivor Phoenix for NAILING the F6 challenge and the F5 finalists! WELL DONE! She is one step ahead of us all!

So, with Corrine gone, there is only one onion standing and we know that he makes the F5. F6 will be Crystal, Bob may just win the IC and give it to Kenny. Bob will be toast at F5, IF he does not win immunity. If he does win immunity, Kenny will be F5...interchangable, Bob/Ken, F5/4, Final three: Susie/Sugar/Matty, Matty will win...alot could happen...Kenny could make it perhaps? We'll see! GREAT, great series!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-08, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
Well now we know it's F3, a) they've never had a F5 Finale with a F2 and b) Corinne said there are 7 jurors on an ouster interview.

I think it's going to be Matty outliving Kenny because Corinne is making a huge deal of how Kenny blew it not booting Matty, which seems right to me. Voting against him and not ensuring he left, very bad.

Sugar and Susie seem to me a lock for F3.
So Bob or Matty, but probably Matty. The whole editing has been heavy on us since the merge to root for Fang, to want an "underdog" to win. That eliminates Bob.

Of the players who got a confessional before Jeff started the game, which FP and I both thought was a group that should contain the winner --

GC and Ace were the only pre-jurors.
Marcus is jury.
Crystal, Bob, Matty remain.
Matty got the Eden quote.

Susie and Sugar are not getting votes from the Kota 4, and if they turn on Kenny and Crystal and go against Matty, not sure they get any love for their gameplay. Crystal has got to have more respect for Matty. She respects physical strength.

Crystal is not winning this game unless she were against the other two women, but she's not in the F5 by FP's eyes, and she was slighted in the Recrap.
Bob is not a Fang underdog.
Kenny and Susie didn't get first confessionals.
That leaves Matty as the winner if the confessionals were significant.

12-07-08, 02:55 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
Not that I think he wins but Kenny did have a confessional in the introduction of the season and a very good one at that:

Ken: I'm number one in the world at a video game. I'm huge time strategist but I am very shy. In the game of Survivor I am the underdog."

12-07-08, 09:28 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
Regarding the end...F5: Bob, Sugar, Kenny, Matty, Susie. Bob is the challenge hog. If he wins every IC, he's in the F3. They have to get Bob out before the F3. Usually the final challenge is indeed an endurance challenge. If Matty does not win that one, he should be toast. Matty won the other endurance challenge, however, he should win the next one.

Bob will most likely win the F5 challenge. If Bob wins, then I think Matty, Susie, Sugar will vote out Kenny. I don't think Kenny will win because he has just appeared so so arrogant, imo. Even with this blunder of his, revealing his vote to Matty, we still hear him saying regarding Bob, "He messed with the wrong guy". He really considers himself supreme. He could be a "Hatch" type winner, I suppose, but I don't see him getting to the finals unless he were to win the F5 and F4 immunities.

If Bob wins the final IC, he'll go to the finals with Sugar and Susie, imo. But, I think Matty will win the final one.

12-07-08, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
ah michel, you and I are using different cutoff points for the introduction. Not that there is a rule that the winner will be in the first group introduced, or where that cuts off.

In Fiji, for example, the introductory period went all the way to Jeff's first physical appearance on the ground, which was a long time because he dropped stuff for them with instructions.

In the Cooks, the first four confessionals belonged to the 3 of the Final 4 and as there was only one confessional per tribe, Becky couldn't have had one anyway.

Here, the first confessionals were Crystal, Bob, GC, Ace, Matty, Marcus - 1 woman and 5 men btw.
Then the credits roll, which is where I made my cut off.
After the credits, Jeff appears and tells them to introduce themselves, and for some players they get a confessional following what they tell the tribe. These are Kenny, Randy, Corinne, and Crystal. All end game players, we now know.

These confessionals all highlight the disparity between what they shared and what they're really like. (Charlie and Marcus, who fibbed and fudged, don't get confessionals, so we don't find out Charlie is a lawyer, and Marcus is more than "in the medical field.")

Then we get the pickem.
Charlie conf - playing Stupid Survivor. Interestingly, he rolled his eyes when Sugar and Susie were picked before him, Marcus, Matty, Dan. Nice irony if they make F3.

During the challenge, near the end, Jeff says of Matty:
"Matty, just trying to get his tribe to the top." This is after they had already lost and were just trying to cross the finish line to put an end to the humiliation.

Very prescient quote for Matty in hindsight of his story with the Fang tribe.
Bob too is pointed out by Jeff for helping Paloma.

FWIW, the confessionals during the challenge were Michelle, first girl to the top and first boot, and Crystal, making excuses.

Overall, of the jury plus F3 players, the only ones who did NOT have a confessional prior to being sent to their camps were SUGAR and SUSIE. What an interesting choice considering we now think them almost a lock for F3. But they won't win, they really can't win given the jury.

Five men got confessionals prior to the credits rolling, and Bob and Matty are the only two left in the game, along with Crystal. Kenny's early confessional was after the credits, as I said this second group is Kenny, Corinne, Randy, Crystal. If Crystal is indeed missing from that F5 photo, these are all jurors except we don't know about Kenny.

I have a feeling that the showcased males, Matty and Bob are the winner and F4 guy who would have won hands down if he made F3, while the women who did not get confessionals, Sugar and Susie, are the two finalists with no chance to win the vote.

12-07-08, 09:20 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
Five men got confessionals prior to the credits rolling, and Bob and Matty are the only two left in the game

Very interesting observations and hindsight there, OFG. Do you remember Bob's confessional? Didn't he say that he wasn't here to play the game, but rather live the adventure? Or something to that effect? I'm willing to bet he's our F-4 boot. And what an adventure he's had!

Or maybe he does win after all? Time will tell.

12-07-08, 10:29 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
"you and I are using different cutoff points for the introduction."

It really comes down to that question, doesn't it?! As you noted, the confessionals after the credits were still introductions to the players so I used the start of the challenge as my cut-off. Maybe because I wanted to include the confessional from Corinne which I thought was the million dollar quote.

Very nice post by the way. You should post in the editing thread like you used to.

Scarlett: Bob's confessional was personal background stuff like teaching physics and being from Maine.

12-07-08, 10:45 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
thanks you guys and thanks for the encouragement, michel.

Re the editing thread, I have a rule that I don't post when I haven't read all the other posts, and the thread is such a monster of wealth that I gave up keeping up somewhere early on ... my loss I know.

So FWIW whatever comments I just made that should have credited someone else who already noted these things - I haven't read the editing thread this season.

oh and I do appreciate the irony that I write posts of epic length and can't keep up with the editing thread because it is epic. Also it's just easier for me to post in threads where all spoilers can be mentioned, so I don't have to watch my words.

Re Bob, yes, he didn't say anything about playing the game to win, just about himself and his skills for Survivor. He is to me not exactly a journey player but someone who enjoys the self-sufficiency aspect, similar to Ozzie. Living off the land.

I would like to see Bob win, but he was so hidden at Kota after his initial contribution to the shelter and camp, while Marcus and Charlie and Ace played narrator. If Bob were going to win, seems like he should have gotten more chance to narrate. He didn't reappear until he was actually in danger in the game.

Matty has been a consistent narrator, and so has Kenny, and lord knows Crystal has talked enough, and Sugar. Susie, another player only shown when she's on the block or needed as a vote.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-08, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
With Bob, we've consistently had the theme of him being taken for granted. The Onion Alliance was confident they could string him along while he was of use to them and get rid of him when he was no longer useful.

During the ranking tribal switch, Bob was ranked quite high on his tribe, yet wasn't picked for a long time. Jeff even commented on Kenny bypassing Bob and asking if that decision would come back to haunt him. Jeff harped on everyone overlooking Bob during that pick 'em.

Once the merge came around, Bob remained an afterthought. Even though he had been performing so well at challenges, his tribemates kept underestimating him. They thought sending him to Exile Island was the equivalent of a snipe hunt, when he used it to manufacture a fake idol and plan out some strategy. Even his alliance mate Corrine underestimated him - she expressed surprise at Bob's ability to lie in her post-boot interview.

In the first episode, we were presented a geeky high school science teacher in his bow tie who seemed ill-prepared for the challenges ahead of him. Talk about a classic underdog.

He's the only one that I would be happy about winning at this point, so my viewpoint is probably skewed. My non-Internet family members who are addicted to Survivor are also major Bob fans and would love for him to win.

12-07-08, 11:53 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Post Corrine Boot"
Bebo, Bob is the only one I am rooting for!
I love your argument and hope it's right.
I'm typically so disappointed by the winner that only heavy drinking helps assuage the Finale PAIN.

Guess I don't want to hope and be let down.
Right now I'm just hoping it's not Crystal, Sugar, or Susie.

12-08-08, 00:48 AM (EST)
54. "Crystal"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-08 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

IF that F5 photo is not the real F5, but Dreamteamers, or Crystal is in it, we shouldn't discount Crystal, as far as first confessionals go.

She's the one of the six who said she would win the hell out of this game.

Another possibly interesting comment by Jiffy, in his first recap (Ep 2)

He says "the group included a high school physics teacher, a world class gaming champion, and an Olympic gold medalist." Bob, Kenny, Crystal.

That recap was of course done after the season ended when Jeff knew who won.
Wouldn't it be interesting if Kenny, Crystal and Bob did manage to flip the game and get rid of Matty, Sugar, Susie? Hmm.

The thing is though, Crystal wouldn't get the votes in that F3. I think she only wins if she does sit between Sugar and Susie, like Flowerpower said.

12-08-08, 07:59 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Crystal/Bob"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-08 AT 07:59 AM (EST)

Whereas, all Bob would have to do to win is get to F3. There is no way that any player left could beat Bob in front of the Jury, IMHO.

12-08-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Crystal/Bob"
I think Kenny could beat anyone in the finals, even Bob. Yes, the Kotas like Bob, but Kenny is liked too. Corinne has said she does. And Randy likes Kenny too. And Randy probably is not thrilled with Bob because of the HII fiasco.

And people like Charlie and Marcus will want to vote with integrity - for the person who played the game the best. None of the women remaining can win, except maybe Susie who I think would do well in front of the jury and could make her case. Crystal and Sugar don't have the soft skills to sell themselves. Matty could certainly win the jury over.

I just know that we have often said "Oh, these people will all vote together in the jury" and then they split their votes or vote for someone we never expected. I don't think it's at all a slam dunk that the Kotas vote together, no matter what Corinne said in her exit interview.

12-08-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Crystal/Bob"
I don't think it's at all a slam dunk that the Kotas vote together, no matter what Corinne said in her exit interview.

Good point, Corvis. Time and time again we have heard people with vehemence state that they would never vote one way or another, and in the end they do...time will tell. Corrine is coming from a different place, as is Randy, than the rest of the jurors...

12-08-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Crystal/Bob"
Considering what Charlie heard that Kenny was calling him behind his back. I do not think Charlie would ever vote for Kenny.

12-08-08, 12:58 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Crystal/Bob"
I am not sure about that. I think some of that issue may have gotten aired out at Charlie's last TC and it wasn't shown. Why did Jeff Probst seemingly out of the blue ask Charlie what he thought of Kenny and vice versa? And Kenny said when he was voting, "It's not that I'm homophobic..." -- why would he mention that unless it had been called into question?

Charlie in his post-exit interviews said he was surprised by Kenny's attitude but he also talked about how certain moves represented good game play. He didn't seem to have particular animosity toward Kenny. I think it would be possible for Kenny to get Charlie's vote depending on who he was up against.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Crystal/Bob"
That Onions will split their vote has been rolling around my head too. Corinne has been so wrong in her assessments for the entire season why would she start being right now. The closer things get to the end the more I wonder. Now that I've said that and knowing my track record has been as good as Corinne's >snort< that the onions split the vote is probably off.

I do see Randy & Corinne voting the same, what a pair they are. Charlie & Marcus voting the same as well with their reasoning being for a more rational vote than Randy & Corinne's more emotional vote. If their vote is for the same person their reasons will be different.

Corinne may find herself on the end of the 3 votes that don't matter, the final insult to her. Although I've got to give it to her, if you can't be right, be wrong at the top of your voice.

A Tribal Sig

12-08-08, 10:50 AM (EST)
60. "Change the end game discussion... Final 2!"
This is from Titan TV. Someone posted it at Sucks.

Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden
(New) 8:00 PM, 2 hrs
Sun 12/14/2008
CBS
Reality/Other
TVPG, English, 2008
Following weeks of intense competitions, scheming, backstabbing and voting, the final three castaways prepare for the tribal council that will narrow the contest down to the two who will face the judgment of their former tribe mates.

A final 2 with an even number jury? I guess the Kota 4 won't control the vote!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Change the end game discussion... Final 2!"
That would be production's final shot at making sure they can keep the taste of bitter onions out of our mouths.

12-08-08, 06:14 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Change the end game discussion... Final 2!"
suzzee pointed out your observation regarding the F2 in the editing thread and it got me to thinking. Usually the one who wins the F3 gets to pick who to take to the finals....

The clue says that the final competition to narrow down to the f2 will happen at TC...if it's a fire starting challenge, could Susie win it again? I would think that it WOULD NOT be the standard endurance challenge if it is going to take place at TC.

So, the challenge really sounds like it could be anybodies game...if Matty wins, I think that he'd choose Susie. He has been aligned with her longer than with Sugar...I could be wrong here, he may feel that he has a better chance to win with Sugar, as many do not like her, but then again, he could feel the same way about Susie...

If Susie wins, I'd bet that she would take Matty, and if Sugar wins I think she'd also take Matty. Does Matty have a lock on F3...IF he is indeed in the F3.

What about Bob, if he makes it to F3? Who would he choose to go to F2 with? What about Kenny?

12-08-08, 08:03 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Change the end game discussion... Final 2!"
If I remember correctly, Thailand and Amazon both had endurance challenges that played out on the set of the Council. Thailand had a great challenge idea that was wasted by having only one player.

I don't know how they will get down to a Final 2 with only 3 hours left and 4 players to eliminate. Could it be a mistake?

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Change the end game discussion... Final 2!"
The Amazon final 3 challenge was in front of the jury, but I'm nearly certain that Thailand was not. I recall that very hot cave area where Brian, Clay and Jan had to set themselves into an extremely awkward position with coins between their fingers. It was not at Tribal Council, I'm 99% sure.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-08-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Change the end game discussion... Final 2!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-08 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

Corvis,

As I've said (before and before), I thought that, if Corinne was a member of the Jury at Final Three, there would be a Final Two. But, this video seemed to put an end to that assumption.

But now, this purported (Titan TV is a subscription service and I am not a member) entry at an online source seems to restore that assumption.

And, if the speculation (elsewhere) that the Jury decides the Final Two ("narrows the contest down to the two who will face the judgment of their former tribe mates") by eliminating one of the Final Three at a Final Tribal Council is correct, then what seemed to be an inconsistency in Corinne's assertion in the video that the votes of the '5th, 6th and 7th Jurors won't count' and her comments like this one in a Buddy TV interview - "What I will tell you is this: there are two power things in this game. There’s the person that gets the million and then, there’s the people that vote for the million. Right now, you’ve got this… it’s a seven member jury. The first four people are: me, Marcus, Charlie, and Randy and we’re connected at the hip. We’re gonna decide who gets the million and we won’t give it to who we don’t like. I don’t know who will win but I can tell you for sure who isn’t going to win it." (Emphasis Added) – disappears the only way it possibly could.

The votes of the 5th, 6th and 7th Jurors would not count as Kota determined who of the Final Three was not going to win the million, but the arrival of the 8th Juror would make it problematic for Corinne to know, without any doubt, who of the Final Two ultimately won the Game.

The benefit of such a scheme to MB and Company:

It has the appearance of balancing the results of the third division of the Tribes without taking Fang Jurors completely out of the Game. And it sure would make 'Good TV'.

G

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-11-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "F2 or F3.... What if...."
it really is a final 3 that goes before the jury, but, the vote is 3-3-1.....

then the one is excluded and a revote for the F2.....

they know the results after the votes... so they know it's a tie and then make the jury re-vote (but not the loser of the F3)

just a thought.

12-12-08, 08:54 AM (EST)
68. "Pre-Finale Boot discussion"
At this point I see Kenny out at F5. Bob will win the IN's and when it gets down to the F4, he will sacrifice himself, perhaps to save Sugar? I don't know how this will work out, but I feel like he is the person that proved to himself that he can survive, and what an adventure it has been. He will somehow get out at F4, most likely from some choice that he makes. That leaves F3 as Susie, Sugar, Matty.

While some may argue that Sugar had the HII to hide behind the entire way to F5, and that the people she played with were too scared to force her to play the idol, I think she has been shown to be the real player in this season. She has indeed outplayed, and outwitted. But, upon watching the Ponderosa videos of Crystal arriving, I think that Sugar will not win this game. I do believe these have to be the most immature, vindictive, entitled bunch of contestants I have ever seen. They will vote as a block, perhaps, as Corrine predicts...and I think Sugar has really not considered their opinions of her on the jury. She has burned herself in the end by not placating them somehow.

When Marcus first appeared on the jury, Jiffy noted that the game was about to change and that now they needed to act in a way to spare the jurors feelings regarding themselves, as the jury would have the last word in the end. Time and time again, one can argue if the deserving player really wins when the jury is composed of vengeful people. Case in point: Allstars 1, Rob really was the deserving player to some, but because of Lex and company, he lost. Yul waltzed into the F3 with the HII, did he really mastermind his victory, or did Ozzy really deserve to win? I know this is controversial, but, my point is that this "appears" to be the most vengeful and vindictive jury to date...and, we now know that it will be a jury of 7...

With that said, I think Susie will be f3, Sugar f2, and Matty is the winner....Bob will indeed vote for Sugar.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •