The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Good vs. Evil"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-16-08, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Good vs. Evil"
The show is more than half over and I am confused. JP kept saying that this show would be good vs evil. I don't see it. There are peple playing the game as always. Trying to manipulate others. But no more than other years. There si no one as bad as Johnny Fairplay. What am I missing? What does the future have in store? Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Good vs. Evil Outfrontgirl 11-16-08 1
   RE: Good vs. Evil dabo 11-17-08 2
   RE: Good vs. Evil michel 11-17-08 3
   RE: Good vs. Evil dabo 11-17-08 4
 RE: Good vs. Evil esquire 11-22-08 5
 RE: Good vs. Evil Caliguy25 11-30-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-08, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Good vs. Evil"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-08 AT 02:42 AM (EST)

Stupidest most contrived all over the map theme ever!!!

1) They decide to call it Eden. I think it is Gabon and Eden was somewhere in the Middle East, but whatever.

2) They coach all the players to mention Eden in confessionals.

3) They try to make the HII into some sort of apple.

4) Now everyone knows or should know that the story of Eden is about The Fall after the temptation by the serpent, who was evil.

It was not a war of good against evil. It was a question of whether to obey and be happy, or disobey and use free will and find out now you're totally screwed.

If anything it would work with EPM and Probst as the evil ones and the players as the poor confused inhabitants of Eden who are kicking each other out because the producers say that's how you play.

The whole theme is contrived. First Fang is useless loser whining tribe, and Kota is the good functional tribe. But after Fang ousted Marcus, the "previously" played up the old Fang as these poor underdogs who are standing up to the arrogant Kota alliance ... David and Goliath, David now has two hits. (oh wait, that is a different story.)

There are several people who act like jerks, and they're on both sides. No one is that good, except maybe Bob. I think Marcus and Charlie were good, but if Fang is now the good, then they were arrogant and bad or had bad associates.

I suspect it might come down to whether Sugar, Matty, and maybe Bob can outlast Crystal, Kenny, Corinne, Randy, and we won't see it til the end.

My opinion is that way back in China, when James was spouting off about not biting the apple, and then again in HA Micronesia, someone said -- hey, that apple temptation thing would be a good hook! We're about out of ideas and we haven't done Eden yet!!!

There ... reassembling our afflicted powers, consult how we may henceforth most offend our enemy, our own loss how repair, how overcome this dire calamity~ John Milton, Paradise Lost, Book 1

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-08, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Good vs. Evil"
LOL! Original Fang were the evil, they kept going to Tribal to off one of their own, while early Kota had it easy and good but had a snake or two. A Tarzan and Jane theme may have been more fitting, or Sugar Daddy and Sugar.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-08, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Good vs. Evil"
OFG said it best, the themes are very contrived.

The only thing I'll add is that Matty and Sugar are supposed to play the role of Adam and Eve, the Star of David often appearing in the sky right before their presence.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-08, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Good vs. Evil"
Bob: Good; Likeable old guy, did reasonably well at some challenges. Bad; Made a fake HII, but a great fake HII.

Corinne: Good; great rack, got all involved with a native toddler. Bad; emotionally volatile.

Crystal: Good; dependable. Bad; Randy has translated all his early Fang hatred on to Crystal.

Ken: Good; playing the game. Bad; makes up stuff and holds a grudge.

Matty: Good; in the best position to run the boards on remaining immunity challenges. Bad; nonentity.

Randy: Good; totally positioned to be the loser goat to take to final tribal. Bad; totally positioned to be the loser goat to take to final tribal.

Sugar: Good; honestly, how she has kept herself in this game so long I do not understand, but after this she should be able to demand a much higher hourly rate for "modelling." Bad; oh forget bad, she's going to hold a lifelong record for possessing the HII.

Susie: Good, bad, she's so under the radar right now it doesn't matter.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-22-08, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Good vs. Evil"
I hate to admit it, but last week's episode was the first example of something evil being done this season. And I hate to admit it, but Sugar (my faviorite player) was the evil one. There was no reason to humiliate Randy the way they did with the fake idol. He was being voted out.

Caliguy25 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-30-08, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Caliguy25 Click to send private message to Caliguy25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Good vs. Evil"
I see the obvious now, good (mattie, Crystal, Sugar, etc) and bad (Corrine and possibly Kenny) but when Jeff mentions Good vs. Evil being the theme of the season, the first thing I thought was that Corrine vs someone good will be the final two. It makes sense why someone would want to take her (because she's a b%&*), but why they would let her make it that far is beyond me...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •