The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-08, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
{Listen carefully to the following instructions. We're all going to gather in this thread and throw a pity party together, with the topic being this total mess of a season and how many drinks it'll take us to forget it ever existed. At some point during the thread, one of you will say 'WTF?' Once that happens, half the posters will go to Sucks, with the other half having to join the FORT. I will then turn this site into the world's foremost leader in Warcraft group addiction treatments. ...I'm free! I'm free!}

{Oh, very funny. At what point do we gather up your profits and throw them in the ocean because if we can't spend them, no one should spend them?}

{About the halfway point. I've seen the banner traffic rates: leave the bottle at home, because the cap will be enough to float the dime.}

{Have I mentioned how much I hate tribal switches yet? Okay, kudos to Crystal and Ken for swinging Susie, which admittedly is about as hard as offering your arm to a hungry mosquito and saying 'Drink?', but Kota earned that majority. Or was new NuKota? Or NuNuKota? Or KotaFangKotaThong? I lost track about five switches ago, which is a neat trick because I think we've only had eighteen. As a twist, the fake merge and redivide wasn't totally horrible -- but coming after all the other resorts? Enough already.}

{Dear Marcus: when the total lunatic in your tribe is demanding F3 or she'll vote you out, you lie about giving her F3. How is this hard?)

{For the love child of Gretchen & Gabe? It's impossible. But ask him about starting fire with his halo!}

{What does EPMB have against the medical profession, anyway?}

{That soul transplant just never took...}

{Remember, kids: keep the posts here until spoiler time ends at midnight. We've had a lot of newbies breaking that one lately, and while I can appreciate your feelings about this season svcking so much that you must say so immediately, I need you to keep it confined to quarters until the graveyard shift ends.}

{Is it possible for Charlie to be so heartbroken, he'll quit on the spot once he gets voted out?}

{Is it possible for Corinne to be so pissed, she'll grab the machete and bring us down to F2 in about twelve seconds?}

{Don't even joke. I had a flashback last night with substitute roles: Sugar smiled graciously and pulled Corinne into F2. Sound even vaguely familiar?}

{Congratulations. You have officially constructed the weakest as-to metaphor in the known universe. That's so unlikely, I'm going to construct a sigpic in its memory and force you to wear it for a month.}

{Look, if it's good versus evil, it has to stay that way to the end, right? I was right about Fang starting to mount the comeback, remember? So the F2 pretty much has to be one of each, and who's better to represent Evil than Corinne?}

{The one you were swapping out in your flashback. That scenario requires Corinne to be towed, and she's not only out one ally, but she hasn't been enough of a bitch in public. Confessional venom only offends us: who can tell she's an ideal F2 partner until she loses it to their face?}

{So basically, we're on an eight-minute time delay for Corinne's tugboat hookup...}

{I'm looking forward to the world's first nine-participant Immunity throw. Remember, having Immunity is bad. It's the worst thing ever. Being immune from the vote just makes people want to vote you out that night. And they couldn't, but that would just make them even madder. So everyone has to lose Immunity, or they might go home. For eight of them, it's the right thing to do. And doesn't that just prove it works?}

{Stupidest. Idol. Play. Ever?}

{Erik idolizing the Favorites will do.}

{Mergesign?}

{Yes. We've got buffs.}

{Okay. Decentseasonsign?}

{At this point, we'd have to get another elephant. And it would have to eat Crystal.}

{Twenty pounds of sneakers: part of your balanced diet! (And now we know what Gillian was looking for all along.)}

{*sigh* And now, the new motto: Outtwist. Outdumb. Outrightignore.}

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Live post-episode discussion -- Estee 11-13-08 1
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... Gothmog 11-13-08 2
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... vince3 11-13-08 3
   Two possible answers. Estee 11-13-08 4
       RE: Two possible answers. Snidget 11-13-08 5
           RE: Two possible answers. Estee 11-13-08 6
       RE: Two possible answers. Gothmog 11-13-08 7
           RE: Two possible answers. Estee 11-13-08 14
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... vince3 11-13-08 8
 Pre-opening Gothmog 11-13-08 9
   RE: Pre-opening emydi 11-14-08 64
 Pre-credits. Estee 11-13-08 10
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... Snidget 11-13-08 11
 Reward challenge JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 12
   Exile JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 16
       RE: Exile Estee 11-13-08 19
           RE: Exile JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 22
 Segment 1 Gothmog 11-13-08 13
   RE: Segment 1 Estee 11-13-08 18
       RE: Segment 1 vince3 11-13-08 21
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... Snidget 11-13-08 15
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 17
       Reward JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 20
           RE: Reward Snidget 11-13-08 23
 Segment Gothmog 11-13-08 24
   RE: Segment Snidget 11-13-08 25
       RE: Segment emydi 11-14-08 65
   RE: Segment..Bob JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 29
   RE: Segment iatovttotx78 11-13-08 32
       RE: Segment michel 11-13-08 55
   RE: Segment Estee 11-13-08 33
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... mysticwolf 11-13-08 26
 Unabashed Bob luv Estee 11-13-08 27
   RE: Unabashed Bob luv Prof_ Wagstaff 11-13-08 31
   RE: Unabashed Bob luv mysticwolf 11-13-08 34
   RE: Unabashed Bob luv Snidget 11-13-08 36
 BOB! Prof_ Wagstaff 11-13-08 28
   RE: BOB! Loree 11-13-08 39
   RE: BOB! Brownroach 11-14-08 70
       RE: BOB! dabo 11-14-08 73
           RE: BOB! emydi 11-14-08 76
               RE: BOB! vince3 11-14-08 77
                   RE: BOB! emydi 11-14-08 79
                       RE: BOB! vince3 11-14-08 81
               RE: BOB! byoffer 11-14-08 80
                   RE: BOB! emydi 11-14-08 82
                   RE: BOB! dabo 11-14-08 83
                       RE: BOB! byoffer 11-14-08 86
 Land of Exile vince3 11-13-08 30
 Merger FINALLY JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 35
 Segment 3 Gothmog 11-13-08 37
   RE: Segment 3 Estee 11-13-08 40
   RE: Segment 3 JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 43
 New tribe faction name Estee 11-13-08 38
   RE: New tribe faction name Snidget 11-13-08 42
   RE: New tribe faction name emydi 11-14-08 67
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... vince3 11-13-08 41
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... Brownroach 11-14-08 84
       RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Co... emydi 11-14-08 85
 Tribe Name: Nobag vince3 11-13-08 44
   RE: Tribe Name: Nobag Estee 11-13-08 52
 No Bag! Snidget 11-13-08 45
   RE: No Bag! JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 46
 Segment 4 Gothmog 11-13-08 47
   RE: Segment 4 Estee 11-13-08 50
   ARRRRGH Brownroach 11-14-08 69
       RE: ARRRRGH emydi 11-14-08 71
 Charlie's greatest wish! Estee 11-13-08 48
   RE: Charlie's greatest wish! Loree 11-13-08 53
 Wow... JACSUZWIN 11-13-08 49
   RE: Wow... Loree 11-13-08 54
 Next time, on Survivor Gothmog 11-13-08 51
   RE: Next time, on Survivor michel 11-13-08 56
       RE: Next time, on Survivor tjcrew 11-13-08 57
           RE: Next time, on Survivor Corvis 11-13-08 58
               RE: Next time, on Survivor PepeLePew13 11-14-08 59
           RE: Next time, on Survivor byoffer 11-14-08 60
               RE: Next time, on Survivor Corvis 11-14-08 61
                   RE: Next time, on Survivor dabo 11-14-08 62
                       RE: Next time, on Survivor vince3 11-14-08 63
               RE: Next time, on Survivor samboohoo 11-14-08 66
               RE: Next time, on Survivor Brownroach 11-14-08 68
                   RE: Next time, on Survivor emydi 11-14-08 72
           RE: Next time, on Survivor HistoryDetective 11-14-08 74
               Besides dabo 11-14-08 75
               RE: Next time, on Survivor emydi 11-14-08 78
                   RE: Next time, on Survivor skyhoneybear 11-14-08 87
               RE: Next time, on Survivor LFJ 11-14-08 88

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-13-08, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Live post-episode discussion --"
-- will be at http://www.myinfochat.com/ in the Recreation & Sports room immediately following the episode. (Remember to enable Java before entering, and that you won't be able to change your chosen name once you're in the room.)

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-13-08, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Good Gawd, estee. What is all that? I know it's been a while since I've been in the east-coast thread, but what ever happened to the simple "please keep your posts about tonight's episode in this thread, and don't use sig-pics"?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-08, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
When the Story Forum returns, you should check out her Survivor: Society Islands fanfiction series. That's her DAW Chorus that was used in that story, they're modeled somewhat on us.

She likes to take them out for walks now and again, and this season she's been using them for the intro to help set the scene and/or review last week's debacle.

11-13-08, 07:40 PM (EST)
4. "Two possible answers."
1. I like to spend a lot of time working on things no one ever looks at.

2. @#$%ed if I know.

#2 looks good tonight.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-08, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Two possible answers."
I thought it was to give us an hour or so of reading material so we would have something to distract ourselves from the horror that is this season.

11-13-08, 07:56 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Two possible answers."
You read very, very slowly...

11-13-08, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Two possible answers."
I looked at it. Just didn't understand it. Guess I need to get out more.

11-13-08, 08:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Two possible answers."
I'll send a PM explaining why you should totally ignore it later.

11-13-08, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Ken better stop patting himself on the back or he might break his arm...........

11-13-08, 08:03 PM (EST)
9. "Pre-opening"
Kenny: Last two tribals have been blindsides because of me. Next up is Bob.

Bob: I need a merge or I'm history. Even though I teach science. (Heh.)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Pre-opening"
How sad am I that I said "He teaches science" before Bob even did. I'm such a geek

11-13-08, 08:04 PM (EST)
10. "Pre-credits."
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-08 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

Jeff puts emphasis on Randy's rudeness after Reward challenges, conveniently forgetting he aided, abetted, and set up the whole thing.

Bob feels he's next to go if the merge doesn't come. Yes, he's history, even though he teaches science. Bob thinks the part about science was a joke. Bob's accurate, but not necessarily funny.

Well, at least he's got the bow tie.

11-13-08, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Well at least the peeps voted off into the jury get to stay in the opening credits.

JACSUZWIN 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-13-08, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JACSUZWIN Click to send private message to JACSUZWIN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Reward challenge"
Cool golf like challenge. They have come up with some interesting challenges this season.

11-13-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JACSUZWIN Click to send private message to JACSUZWIN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Exile"
It would be cool if there was another idol much to Sugar's surprise.

11-13-08, 08:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Exile"
We could hope, but that would make three for the season -- which just feels like too many. If nothing else, Bob might be able to verify it's been claimed, though -- and they know Dan didn't have it. Sugar's possession is pretty much an open secret already: this would just finish it off.

11-13-08, 08:24 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Exile"
Good point...I forgot about the one they threw in the ocean.

11-13-08, 08:17 PM (EST)
13. "Segment 1"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-08 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

Mood shot: sunrise, elephants.

Fang.
Matty: We have no fire, no rice. The longer I stay here, the closer I am to being gone.
Golf flag, sling-shot comes in tree-mail.
Corinne: I just want a merge so I can see Marcus again. (Irony moment).

Jeff: Marcus voted out. Huge reactions from Fang.
Corinne: I'm pissed. He doesn't deserve to leave game.

Argument starts about who "deserves." People talk way too much. Including Kenny.

Reward challenge: golf, but using slingshots. Best 2/3. Reward is feast, cultural experience. Corinne sits out.

1st hole; 300 yds to hole. Kota wins first hole.
2nd hole: 225 yards. Fang wins 2nd, ties it up.
3rd hole: 200 yrds uphill. Kenny just misses 3rd shot, but it roles downhill; Matty puts 3rd shot right at edge of hole. Kenny overshoots 4th shot. Lots of argument from Fang. Randy tells Matty to just drop it, Matty tells him to shush. Charlie: if we win, I want to win happy. After much agonizing, they make shot.

Fang wins reward, then still argue. Sugar tells them to chill. Corinne says Bob going to Exile Isle, hope he finds idol.
Sugar: I know Bob can't find it, cuz I got it.

Matty: Most anxiety-ridden challenge of competition.
Randy: I don't know what Matty was pulling. It was like the Outer Limit.

11-13-08, 08:19 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Segment 1"
You have not lost your segcapping stuff.

Well, we were all waiting for Fang to run out of rice: the Reward will keep them alive until the next challenge, but we're at the point where it's either merge or trade something in -- and there's no real Reward items or luxury pieces to deal with. Plus there's no guarantee Kota's got that most starch left either.

It's nice to see Gillian's still involved in this game. Or if not her directly, at least her panties.

11-13-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Segment 1"
Both you and Matty forgot that they won the comfort items Reward challenge the episode before the first swap.

Hammock, Pillow, Blankets........ I'm sure that would've been worth some rice at least, if there wasn't a merge coming........

11-13-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Randy...shutupshutupshutupshutup

You are not even a minor deity no matter what your ego tells you.

11-13-08, 08:19 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Amen...amen...amen

11-13-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
20. "Reward"
These kind of rewards are boring to watch. I usually fastforward if I can.

11-13-08, 08:27 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Reward"
I always like the cultural rewards. *shrug*

11-13-08, 08:28 PM (EST)
24. "Segment"
Reward: Fang travels to a village.

Matty: I'm the last Fang, nice to win something after being hosed so much.
Corinne: Cute little girl came up to me. I was so happy; and I'm the last person you'd think would chum up to a 2 yr old.

Charlie: Sucks that Marcus is gone; he did a lot of thinking for us.
Randy: Dancers were great; one of them liked me, even though I haven't had a girl come on to me in 20 years. Hell, I danced, even though my feet hurt.
Matty: It was so cool: two cultures colliding. I think I'll be voted out next, but I just wanted a break.

Kota.
Kenny got boat stuck, paddles in circles like an idiot.
Kenny: I'm feeling like I'm getting to know how to play this game more. I'm the only man here, with two very beautiful women.
Kenny gets into he-man provider mode. Is very proud of himself. Thinks if people want to take him out, he'll take them out first. He knows for a fact he can win this came. (For you folks playing at home, I'd say that's another irony moment)

Bob on exile: clear choice to go for clue rather than comfort, since I'm in deep doodoo.
Follows clues fairly easily. Find location, but no idol. Frustrated. Thinks Sugar found the idol. He decides to make a fake idol, to bring back and threaten someone else with, hoping that they'll "think he has a gun," even though he doesn't.

11-13-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Segment"
I liked the taking resin and gluing doodads to it.

Long live the fake idol!

11-14-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Segment"
and Bob's was not a &(%*%)ing stick!

But who can Bob really fake out with this Susie and his alliance...It may bite him in the butt if he tries to fake out KCM. He'd be the next to go. What he should do is confirm with Sugar that she found it and work with her somehow.

29. "RE: Segment..Bob"
That was a pretty good looking "fake" idol. Maybe Crystal and Kenny will fall for it? Interesting. I like Bob.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-13-08, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Segment"
Bob's fake idol is a whole lot better than the usual fake idol... It doesn't look like a stick at least.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-08, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Segment"
But... But... That stick had a face on it!

Agreed, that was a good design for a fake. The problem is that Crystal and Ken won't even be looking for an idol.

11-13-08, 08:31 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Segment"
Randy has just found the only woman on Earth who might be attracted to him. Or she might want to kill him. It's hard to tell, really.

Mattie's edit is one of the hardest to call: we generally see this kind of appreciation for the environment from one of two contestant types:

1. The winner.
2. The next boot.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I knew I lvoed him. We have our first fake idol that not only looks like it could be real, I think it might just look better than the original. LOL

27. "Unabashed Bob luv"
That? Is not a stick. I fell into adoration as soon as he started using the resin. It may not work -- it's almost guaranteed to fail -- but at least he put some effort into it.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Unabashed Bob luv"
But look at the three he has to convince.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-08, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Unabashed Bob luv"
Oh, I soooo hope it works.

Any chance that he could convince Sugar that his, being newer, means that hers is now worthless? Or, at least that there were two of them?

11-13-08, 08:37 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Unabashed Bob luv"
Definitely not the loser stick of non-immunity.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "BOB!"
ROTFLMAO! What a great fake idol.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-08, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: BOB!"
I want Bob to win!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: BOB!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 10:20 AM (EST)

That idol looked excellent. I wonder if anything will happen with it later.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: BOB!"
I would be surprised. Too many people know Sugar has the HII and those who don't probably won't search his bag looking for it. Bob knows it is useless for immunity, no reason to try to play it. Unless Randy or Corinne wins II to bump him up the boot list there's no reason for him to let it out he has HII (and that wouldn't work but he doesn't know how many folks know Sugar is holding the HII).

11-14-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
76. "RE: BOB!"
he could try to convince MSSCK there was another idol there but I don't think this will work fake idols never do. Heck, real HI almost never work...I think Amanda was the only one that successfully played HI to blindside someone (Yul never had to use it)

Is HI good until F5 this year? Last year they were supposed to do F3 and then switched to F2...this year they seem to think it's a F3

11-14-08, 10:43 AM (EST)
77. "RE: BOB!"
Emy? Yauman on line 1!

It may have not have been used in a blindside, but it was to prevent himself from getting blindsided.......

11-14-08, 10:51 AM (EST)
79. "RE: BOB!"
You're right vince about Yau, but in this case too many people know about Sugar's Idol and there all on the opposing alliance. Would it have been better for him to leave it on the hook for someone else to find and actually use like Ozzy did to Jason/Eliza?

11-14-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
81. "RE: BOB!"
He'd then have to hope that whoever won the next Reward would then send someone different than Sugar and himself to EI........

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "RE: BOB!"
His best play might be to team up with Sugar, who seems to need a partner. MSSCK is the dangerous alliance now. Bob should tell Sugar he knows she has the real idol, but then suggest the following plan:
Let it be known to MSSCK that he has found "the idol". Since they know Sugar has it, and many have seen Sugar's they will know his is a fake (despite how good it looks). Bob will have a target on his back and the other will think Bob is a safe target because his idol is fake. But Bob gets Sugar's real idol and plays it to eliminate an MSSCK member of Sugar's choice.

This only works if Sugar feels that Randy, Corrine, and Bob are a better alliance for her going forward than MSSCK. To me that is the best thing for her.

11-14-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
82. "RE: BOB!"
yeah, that sounds good, but sugar really does not like Corrine and Randy...see her vote for Charlie and her insider video about how bad of a place Matty was in always being on Uthong and then having RC come over

I like the idea of Bob going to Sugar, but I think he would need to break from his alliance not Sugar helping Corrine and Randy...but hey, she is a traitor!

11-14-08, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
83. "RE: BOB!"
That's an interesting idea. Bob's fake idol is absolutely purposeless if he reveals that Sugar has the HII, which he has to know for an almost certainty. Teaming up with Sugar to blindside Crystal, Ken, Matty or Susie would mean having to work with Randy and Corinne, so they'd have to make the play next week; waiting another week would only put them in an alliance of three against an alliance of three.

11-14-08, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
86. "RE: BOB!"
The time is either now (with 8) or after they vote out Corinne and Randy. Then Bob and Sugar would have to get Susie to flip from CKM. That actually shouldn't be hard, as they can promise her F3, whereas I suspect she is #4 with the others.

Could the F3 really be Bob, Sugar, and Susie? :boggle:

30. "Land of Exile"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

We go to Bob, and he chose the Clue over comfort, solves the first three clues with no problem, and gets to the point where Sugar found the HII.

After combing the area for a HII that's already gone, he decides to use something out of Yau-Man's playbook: Make a fake.

He proceeds to make a fake HII that's actually more beautiful than the real thing! Maybe he should be teaching Art, not Science?

11-13-08, 08:34 PM (EST)
35. "Merger FINALLY"
New life for Bob.

11-13-08, 08:37 PM (EST)
37. "Segment 3"
Mood shot: Fang flag.

Treemail: fire-starting challenge.
Randy: we don't know if it's tribe vs. tribe or what.
He still holds major grudge with Crystal, whom he calls Sasquatch, t-Rex, Bigfoot, etc. (ouch!)

Jeff: Immunity back up for grabs, but it's individual immunity. Drop your buffs.
Squeals all around.
Bob: Merge is new lease on life. I"m so lucky.
Everyone gets new, clean blue buffs.

1st challenge tests how well they'd do on own. Goal is to make fire high enough to burn through rope. 1st person, wins; gets 1 in 8 shot; losers, tribal council, yadda yadda.

Susie is first to get flame. Matty hits finger, injures himself slightly. Sugar has flame. Sugar and Suzy neck and neck. Suzy wins immunity. Everyone else looks pretty stunned.

Jeff: you will go back to Fang camp, everything from Kota camp will be waiting for you.
Randy: Crystal will be gone before long. (I think that's another irony moment, Wink.)

11-13-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Segment 3"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-08 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Raise your hand if you foresaw the awesome challenge force that is Susie.

Liars.

How long did it take Bob to make that bow tie, twelve seconds? Less? Wonder if that'll be a Fallen Comrades sub-challenge...

It could be Randy vs. Crystal tonight, Gothmog, but I think a lot will depend on who Corinne sees as the initiator of that Marcus ouster. And Crystal isn't seen as a challenge threat -- or wouldn't have been until now.

11-13-08, 08:41 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Segment 3"
It seems like Sugar could be a swing vote. Or Matty... although he is being chummy with Kenny so more likely Sugar...hard to call.

11-13-08, 08:38 PM (EST)
38. "New tribe faction name"
The Cassandra Seven.

That was just embarrassing.

42. "RE: New tribe faction name"
At least the "useless" ones learned how to make fire this season.

I'd hate a replay of dumb and dumber tribal council can't make fire with a flame thrower duel.

11-14-08, 09:57 AM (EST)
67. "RE: New tribe faction name"
The Cassandra Nine..Becky and Sundra were on each end still trying...

41. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Immuity: Basically it's the tiebreaker fire-making challenge, but it's for all 9 of them for individual immunity after they get the Blue buffs and are now merged

Susie and Sugar are the only ones to get a fire going, and because Susie was ignited first, and she worked hard to get it to grow up to the string that needed broken, she won the individual immunity.

They are now heading back to Fang's camp. It has been restarted, so I imagine that there's a fresh supply of Rice/Corn main food supply there for them. Also is the supplies to make a new tribal flag, that they get to name the tribe, as well. All reward and personal items from Kota's camp will be transferred over.

Randy says that either he goes or Crystal goes tonight, both of them will not return to camp tonight after the TC.

11-14-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
84. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
That IC cracked me up. It was like the antidote to all the times we've had to watch two useless players try to make fire at an F4 tiebreaker. Here two of the most useless players were the only ones who could do it.

11-14-08, 11:58 AM (EST)
85. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #9 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
well not totally useless...Susie must do a lot of the cooking and fire starting (she gets a lot of wood...who knew?) and i'm sure sugar had to start a few fires on Exile...Jiffy said in his blog that if he was playing, he'd make sure before he left he'd practice and practice and know how to make fire blindfolded..

I really thought Bob was going to win it bc he fishes alot, and Ken is usually seen making fire after all of the TCs at nite...who did Randy and Matty say could not make fire on NuNuKotex, besides Crystal, when they thought it might still be a tribal IC?

11-13-08, 08:46 PM (EST)
44. "Tribe Name: Nobag"
Gabon backwards.

Most.Appropriate.Tribe.Name.EVER! Especially the backwards B.......

11-13-08, 09:06 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Tribe Name: Nobag"
No, most appropriate ever would be either Nobrain or Nocare...

11-13-08, 08:46 PM (EST)
45. "No Bag!"
*must not violate PG-13 guidelines*

11-13-08, 08:50 PM (EST)
46. "RE: No Bag!"
Too darn funny!

11-13-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
47. "Segment 4"
mood shot: baby elephants

They arrive back at camp, more food.
Matty: There was so much food. Everyone paid homage, but it was brief, then strategy started.
Charlie: Sugar is in middle, has ties to both sides. She's playing different game.

Sugar wants to get rid of Randy.
Charlie: we can do Randy next. (Heh. Bet that hasn't been said in, like forever.)
Corinne: Sugar is so gullible; she's such a moron. I was nasty to her for 25 days, but nice to her 1 day and she buys it.

Kenny & Co. discuss target. Randy? Corinne? Kenny convinces that Charlie is "brains". In confessional, he says he holds grudge against Charlie because of losing idol. He tries to convince Sugar.
Sugar: I'm the lady of the hour! Everyone is telling me how to vote.

New tribe name is Nobag (Gabon backwards.) (Dumbest. Name. Ever.)

Sugar: I have no clue what to do, but I don't owe anything to anybody.

___

Tribal Council. Marcus comes back in, smiles at Corinne.
Jeff: Where was tension coming from when you won on reward.
Randy: nobody would listen to me, when I had sure shot idea.
Charlie: communication broke down

Crystal: Randy, why do you have issues with me?
Randy: you made first 9 days a living hell, you caused division in our tribe, were reason we lost

Jeff: Crystal, do you ever regret your emotions
Crystal: what you see is what you get
Charlie: people need to process what comes out of your mouth, not vent

Kenny: I like Charlie
Charlie: I like Kenny
Randy: Kenny has grown up
(kum bah ya moment)

Sugar: I don't talk crap about people, I have a good idea who everybody is.

Jeff: want to give up immunity, Suzy?
Suzy: Let me think. Um, no Jeff. Duh.

Votes:
Randy: CC (Crystal)
Kenny: Charlie
Crystal: Charlie
Charlie: Chrystal
Sugar: C..., then shakes head

Tally: Crystal, CC (Jeff has to ask who voted it), Crystal, Crystal, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie is gone.

Crystal is all smiles, Marcus shakes his head.

Jeff: Merge has had impact on game, should make for crazy finish.

11-13-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Segment 4"
As Charlie gets it Ozzy style.

Thank you for the segcaps tonight, Gothmog. It's a giant help.

11-14-08, 10:16 AM (EST)
69. "ARRRRGH"
Should have stayed with my first boot choice. I'll never learn.

11-14-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
71. "RE: ARRRRGH"
me too!!

11-13-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
48. "Charlie's greatest wish!"
Forget the million -- he just got at least two days of having Marcus all to himself!

11-13-08, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Charlie's greatest wish!"
Charlie will definitely vote the same way Marcus does. Even Corrine said Marcus did their thinking for them.

11-13-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
49. "Wow..."
Sugar may regret that one.

11-13-08, 09:18 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Wow..."
The minute I saw Sugar crying I knew Charlie was going. She would not have cried over voting Crystal out. But she seemed to actually like Charlie. Sugar keeps voting out people she likes because of what Kenny tells her.

11-13-08, 08:58 PM (EST)
51. "Next time, on Survivor"
Randy goes nekkid, Kenny is glue that holds his alliance together. Or not.

Charlie: this is disaster. I 100% did not see this coming. I'm SOOOO glad Marcus is in the jury house!!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-08, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
Funny how the peacekeeper of the RC and the TC was the one taken out while all those that hated each other are still there!

tjcrew 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-13-08, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjcrew Click to send private message to tjcrew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
Am I the only one who thought that Randy's rant against Crystal and GC and calling them a gang came across as racist? I think Randy is the nastiest person ever on Survivor. I would think it was all just for TV, but calling Crystal the name that he did when he voted for her seemed too real!

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-13-08, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
It definitely struck me as having racist overtones. And it convinced me that Randy does not win the game.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
I'll echo that... I definitely thought it was racist, whether Randy meant it that way or not - he probably did and didn't give a flying crap what others might think of what he said.

From his CBS bio:
Randy describes himself as angry, blunt, mean and sarcastic (yet charming), and admits he's a train wreck. Bailey declares he has no living relatives besides an older brother, from whom he hasn't heard from in years. He says he has never met a person who didn't eventually disappoint him.

11-14-08, 08:54 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
I didn't take Randy's comment as racist. It crossed my mind, but decided that he was basing his comment about CC and GC on their actions early in the game. That they happen to be black was actually more of a coincidence.

Further, I found it interesting that Randy thought the woman at the reward was sweet on him. He got up and danced, and made no reference to colour at that time.

Linking those two things together, I decided his comment at tribal was not racist, but rather about 2 people whose attitude made the early part of the game miserable for him.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-08, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
What I'd really like to know is whether Crystal thought it was a racist comment.

11-14-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
62. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
If she did she either didn't take the bait or that was edited out. The way things appeared my guess would be she didn't take the bait.

11-14-08, 09:44 AM (EST)
63. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
That's my guess, too, because once she gets riled up, there isn't anytihng gonna stop her attitude, not even production.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
I agree with you. I also think some of it was based on things we didn't see because of editing, but perhaps we got a hint of with their attitudes.

11-14-08, 10:13 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
I think Randy was very well aware that it would sound racist, since he wanted to get Crystal riled up.

11-14-08, 10:30 AM (EST)
72. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
Dalton Ross talks about this in his weekly article you can get to it thru Jiffy's blog

He is giving Randy the benefit of the doubt and he recalls that Randy told him he was an "equal opportunity offender"

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
I thought that it was a poor choice of words because people could interpret it to have racist overtones.

The commentary that raised a red flag for me, however, came from Ken when he compared himself to a rodent and made all the faces. I spend a lot of time during my lectures on WWII talking about racist propaganda that circulated in the U.S. during the war --- propaganda that used visual imagery that equated Asians with rodents. Perhaps Ken is not aware of that this took place, but his comments made me uncomfortable. Talking about being sneaky and untrustworthy and manipulative while pretending to be a rodent and making all the noises and faces exactly played into the stereotype. While that may not be common imagery today, it still contributed to the state of race relations in this country. Ideas linger, even if specific images do not.

11-14-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
75. "Besides"
A student of Survivor should know that snakes eat rats.

11-14-08, 10:49 AM (EST)
78. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 10:53 AM (EST)

Well HD you may have another red flag...I watched the tribal votes on Cbs this am and during his vote for Charlie, Ken says that "It's not like I'm homophobic, it's just you messed up me getting HI so I had to get you back"

here's the transcript from Sucks

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/41507/t/Episode-9-Tribal-Council-Transcript.html

Ken (votes Charlie): Sorry, Charlie. It's not like I'm a homophobic. It's just that at that feast, you took the hidden immunity idol away from me and I thought I gotta get you for that. Sorry.

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
87. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
I totally think Randy's comment was racist and he knew it.

I hardly think Crystal and GC were running the tribe like a "gang". If they were, then they would have been winning challenges. GC did not even want to be the leader and when Randy was volunteered, he denied.

Randy just makes my skin crawl, and that was even before this comment.

Yay to the Underdogs.

Created by PhoenixMons

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-14-08, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
88. "RE: Next time, on Survivor"
Don't Bhuddists revere the Rat as the most clever of animals?

I am not positive but the "lore" has something to do with Bhudda calling all of the animals to him. The rat, realizing its disadvantage, being small and short-legged, hitched a ride on the back of an ox, and thus was the first of the animals to attend Bhudda. The rat has the honor of first among the signs in the Chinese astrological calendar.

Kenny is very like the Rat.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •