The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"episode 9 insider NO NEW CLIPS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-07-08, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"episode 9 insider NO NEW CLIPS"
why does CBS hate me?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: episode 9 insider NO NEW CLIPS Flowerpower 11-07-08 1
   RE: episode 9 insider NO NEW CLIPS tribephyl 11-07-08 2
 Transcript, courtesy of James Barbe... Brownroach 11-10-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-08, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: episode 9 insider NO NEW CLIPS"

why does CBS hate me?

They don't hate you, B1, they probably read our boards and have figured out that you are on to them!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: episode 9 insider NO NEW CLIPS"
happens to me alll the time.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-08, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Transcript, courtesy of James Barber"
b1whois, maybe you can do your analysis now.
---------------------------

Secret Scene: Marcus

Watch how Ken reacts when Marcus reveals to him that he will be voted out at Tribal Council.

Susie (to Crystal and Bob): Well, whatever they're saying, Kenny's getting a full ear.

Marcus: I hate to do this, but I think my vote's probably gonna end up going to you tonight. It's not because I don't think you're probably one of the best friends I would make out here. I'm swear I'm not happy about...this is by far the worst day I've had here. I just can't find another way to make it work for, I hate to say it, for me. I hope you can understand my thinking on this.

Ken: I understand. I was barely hanging on by a thread. But if it's my time, it's my time.

Ken (solo): He's all trying to be super nice to me. I gave him some fake *%@+% so he'll know I'm really sad and I know I'm going home.

Ken: I've been to every single Tribal Council and my name is always on the chopping block. I don't think anybody knows how it feels but me, so...

Ken (solo): So Marcus doesn't know we have other plans in mind. Sue and Crystal take my back tonight and we blindside and vote off Marcus.

Marcus: I hope you believe the friendship part, because I know you don't lie about stuff and you tell the truth about the experiences you've had here. I'm sorry that this is the conclusion I've come to based on trying to put together the best road.

Ken: I guess if you need for me to go, and I can't do anything about it, that's how it is.

Ken (solo): Marcus tries to act like he's genuine and Mr. Captain America with his perfect teeth and his smile, but apparently, no. He was playing me. He's a dirty player. If Marcus wants the non-genuine people to go home, then that'll be him tonight.

Ken: No hard feelings after this. I'll still be your friend, and whatever.

Marcus: Absolutely likewise. I think you're awesome, and we have so much in common. I'm seriously dude, really.

(they hug)

Tribal Council Voting

Watch as the new Kota Tribe cast their votes.

Marcus (Ken): Ken, I'll let your frustration taking it out on me at Tribal Council go by the wayside. I'll see you on the other side. Sorry buddy, it's just time.

Ken ("Marc-Ace"): Marcus...you always told me that...you liked comics where the little guy takes on the bad guy, or the bully. Well, hopefully that happens tonight.

Bob (Ken with a tear and a face): Sorry Ken. However, spilling your guts tonight makes it a little bit easier.

Susie (Marcus): Marcus, I have a lot of respect for you, but Crystal and Kenny told me that you had it where you were gonna vote me out anyway. I wish you the best of luck, you're a good kid.

Crystal (Marcus): You are not the Kota god. Go home. Goodbye.

Marcus's Final Words

See what Marcus had to say after he was blindsided by his tribemates

"Well, it's been a long 24 days. I do feel like I tried to give the game the most sincere effort I could, to be upfront, to be honest, try and treat people with respect, and pay attention to the commitments I had made. I don't have any regrets. I feel like the only tough choices I made were the ones I didn't have a choice but to pick the lesser of the two evils. I knew the threats. I knew to be worried about certain people in the game."

(cut)

"I hope everyone has the best of luck in this game. I'm not sure exactly what that means to have good luck because if you have to really sell yourself out to win a million dollars, that's not the kind of luck I'm wishing for. I just hope everybody learns a lot about themselves and continues to have what they think is the experience of a lifetime."

(cut)

"Obviously the people who wrote my name down get to see me in the future. I forgive but I don't forget. I think maybe if it makes them play a little bit more of a pure game that would in some way make me feel a little bit better about being on the jury instead of in the game."

(cut)

"I felt like I made the best choice given the circumstances I had to work out. Unfortunately that still didn't work out for my favor. The fact that 3 votes were cast towards me doesn't mean my decision was the wrong one to make. It just means not everyone agreed with me."

(cut)

"I totally stand by my decision to throw the idol away. There are other people in this game I care about a lot, and I think that makes their path a little more clear. I also think it was a great way to spend the day, everyone's gonna have something to talk about. I'm glad I came up with the thought and got everyone to do it. If it makes the game I guess less sneaky, that's good too for me, because I feel like one of the things I tried to do in this game was to make reasonable choices and not try and double cross people, promise 'em stuff and then not follow through on it. If it makes the game better in that respect I think everyone's gonna like that. If I had the idol right now would I have played it? I probably wouldn't even have played the thing because I was trusting and having faith in the people I was with that we'd talked about what we'd talked about. They looked me in the eye and they'd said what they were going to say."

(cut)

"I think the whole association with this Kota god thing is probably a vague disguise to refer to me. I think people in general don't like it when somebody thinks about things more than they do. I tried to give suggestions and advice with everyone's best interests in mind. I guess maybe they felt, I don't know, they felt this idea of somebody always thinking about what they were thinking about and then some was a problem. I think that was the way Kenny in his ninja video gaming world thinks of things. They'll find out later in the game that we're more like a hydra. There's a bunch of different heads thinking a bunch of different things. At the end of the day, as much as I wanted to do this or do that, I'm not the one that built the fires, I'm not the one that gets the firewood, I'm only one of the votes that goes into making somebody go home. That's the way life really works. Like I said I'm glad to take responsibility for people, that's what I do in my work, sometimes people need that, but at the end of the day I go to sleep very well because I know I'm willing and able to shoulder responsibility. If that makes me a villain, so be it."

(cut)

"I see the future of Kota Part III as being probably a very sneaky one. Talk about corporate espionage. I feel bad for Bob, because I'm not sure if he wanted for Ken as well, but I think he did, and I don't see him necessarily surviving the next few days. Frankly, Crystal is an incredible physical and frankly companionship disappointment. People who make choices like that tend to cannibalize themselves, so I don't see a lot of hope for them in terms of challenges. Frankly I'm OK with that. If they do well, all the better for them. I think this game's really not meant for people who are trying to keep their virtue in it, so I really can't judge with any credibility which way they're gonna go. Hell, they might win all the other challenges now that I'm gone, which would be just fine, but I hope they come to appreciate what they're missing now."

Marcus the Day After

Marcus reflects on his time in the game, and the many true friendships he made that will last a lifetime.

"Personally, playing the game of Survivor means I got a chance to interact in a very special place with a lot of very special people. I learned a lot about human nature and the way people interact when they're under certain types of stress and in certain situations, especially when there's a lot on the line. I think people make choices based on their instincts, and sometimes a little bit more. I think for me personally I made my choices based on my own experience and what I really felt was the way I wanted to play the game. I feel that once I got to the end of that position felt like I would have to take a different direction in order to keep going."

(cut)

"I think in reality the things that are good at home still are good here. You do need at some point need to be able to be a leader, you do at some point need to be able to be physically useful. You do need those skills, but you almost have to find a way to not bring attention to them. That's kind of the problem with having accomplished anything in the real world in terms of being a leader or having a more white-collar position or having moved down the educational path further than other people."

(cut)

"I was very reluctant in my leadership position. I think even in real life a leader is not someone that desires leadership. It should be an organic process where if you become a leader it's because you've proven yourself, it's because people respect the way you have shown yourself to be as a human being or in the necessary situation. The idea of just jumping out there and saying I know this and this and this is my resume I should be the leader, it didn't make sense to me, because frankly I didn't know who in my tribe would be the best fit for that situation. Just because I have a certain type of education or I do a certain type of job in no way somehow makes me more likely to be a leader out in the middle of Africa where we live in huts and we build fires and we boil water. It would be silly for me to go out there and expect that to happen. I just wanted to lay back and let people work that out. If that's where I ended up, that's fine. I just hoped I would do my best for the people that wanted me to be that leader. I also hope that in some way that was gonna be remembered down the road."

(cut)

"I think deceit is the most appropriate word for the way you interact in the game. There's a difference though and maybe going through the game and maybe holding back parts of information like who you're going to vote for at Tribal Council that night, and actually taking another step and saying things that don't even need to be said to accomplish your goal of getting one person off or another, that are lies or not necessarily made in good faith. If you can't promise somebody something and you can accomplish your goal without having to do that, but you still choose to go promise something to someone you never intend to honor, that's making a choice that isn't necessarily appropriate, whether you're playing Survivor or you're out in real life. I think the idea is you can't be dishonest, you can't lie, you have to stick to your Biblical moral code whether that's the case or not, it's more don't do anything else in addition to the bare minimum of deceit you have to."

(cut)

"I made some great friends out here. Not like subtle things that will die in a month or two, but true friendships here. It's very interesting to me to really, and that's why I kept using the word affirmation, is that it's very affirming to me the idea of you reap what you sew still applies in spite of this whole it's just a game kind of mentality. I got some great support. I've had an immensely emotional experience and yet I've had a really good support system from the players in the game. There are 18 people out there, who knew I was gonna come away with 3 or 4 great friendships?"

(cut)

"Given some of the difficulties of the game I tried to make the best choices I could. For myself, obviously, but also for the people I cared about. There's an honest, sincere, and real caring for the people that I was close to in the game. I was willing to offer that to whoever came down the line, and try to balance all those relationships as best I could. They were very real relationships and I took it very seriously in that respect. When the relationships were good, they were great, and when the relationships took a bad turn, that was a tough thing to deal with."

Randy Regrets Tossing Away the Idol

After convincing both tribes to toss an immunity idol out into the ocean, Randy begins to have second thoughts.

"I have some regrets giving the idol to the Atlantic Ocean, but I'm glad I did. I don't want it now. The idol does you no good at this point in the game. It paints a target on your back. If I find it a week from now and no one knows about it, I will not give that one to the ocean. It will be in my back pocket."

(cut)

"My biggest regret about not keeping the idol is if the two tribes battle for immunity today or tomorrow and the loser does have to go to Tribal Council, it's possible that if Susie does flip and votes Marcus out, there's 25% of my alliance gone. I would like to have the idol, simply to toss it to Marcus, so no one would see it and he can spring it in Tribal Council if he had to. But Marcus is smooth, he's a silver-tongued devil, he'll get out of it, I'm confident. Then it's shooting fish in a barrel, taking this thing to the end."

Charlie on Tossing the Idol

Charlie analyzes the reasons behind tossing the immunity idol into the ocean during the feast.

"Everyone had the opportunity to take this immunity idol, but along with taking the immunity idol, I think every single one of us realized you were also putting a target on your back. Although you may be able to save yourself for one week with the idol, for the rest of the game it would be really hard to survive with that huge target on your back. I don't think anyone wanted to stand up and say, I want to be the one out of 10 to mess with this plan of no one taking the idol, and take the idol. I went along with the group and decided to discard the idol. I think if I had been in a more desperate situation I would have considered taking that idol. I noticed people like Matty, Sugar, they were a little more hungry to grab that idol, but given I feel more comfortable in my Kota 6, I wasn't as concerned about not taking that idol. My biggest concern was no one would take that idol. I wouldn't want that idol in anyone's hands because then the game becomes really unpredictable and much harder to navigate. To the extent that I could keep that idol out of anyone's hands, that was a win for me."

Bob Praises Marcus

Bob ponders why life at Kota is much better than at Fang, and credits Marcus as being the catalyst.

"There's something about, and maybe I'll take credit for it, maybe it's something about Marcus and me. We set a good tone. I think it's true of a lot of things in life. It only takes one bad apple to really make things sort of nasty. We've had, not a bad apple, but some sour apples. They'll ripen, they'll...I think Marcus and I, especially the two of us, we've been able to set the tone. I'll give Marcus most of the credit. He has such a mellow, diplomatic...things start getting slightly out of hand he'll throw something into the conversation to move it to a point where it is...I keep thinking I am the luckiest person in Gabon. Survivor: Gabon, I'm the lucky guy."

Charlie on the new Fang

Charlie adjusts to living with his new tribe, and tries to make the best out of the situation.

"The new tribe Fang (pronounced "Fong"), but that we call Fang (pronounced "Fang"), is definitely different than my existance at Kota, but I'm actually enjoying myself. I really like the people who I'm staying here with, I'm really enjoying getting to know Matty, I'm really glad Corinne and Randy are here with me. Of course we don't have the amenities we had at Kota, so that makes living a lot harder, but whatcha gonna do? I'm trying to make the best of the situation. I'm trying to stay positive."

(cut)

"I definitely miss Kota. We had a lot of activity going on at Kota. We won so many rewards that gave us so many tools we could use such as fishing gear and spices and gardens that we had a lot to take care of at Kota. There was a lot of work, but it was really fun. I'm the type of person who likes to keep busy and enjoy doing all those activities. Here there's really not much to do and you really don't want to waste your energy because there's no food, so you have no fuel, so you don't want to waste any fuel you might have in your body on things you really don't need to do."

Susie's New Found Power

After the tribe switch, Susie feels like a power player for the first time in the game.

"I like being in power right now. I think you can do it in a way where people don't have to hate you and think you're a ##### about stuff. They can like you and respect you. A lot of it is the way you talk to people. I like it right now. I thought it was interesting when Kenny and Crystal came in and they were kind of like, 'So what do you want us to do?' You don't have to bark orders at them, just, this is what we'd like to do, hey, wanna help me out with this? It works good."

(cut)

"The big question for me is can I get to the final 3 by trusting Marcus, or can I go back and take my original Fang members and get to the top that way too. I am really, what I'm finding out in this game at this point, is even though I do value trust and loyalty, you know what? I don't give a crap."

(cut)

"You have to have some sort of respect for this game. That's what it's all about. A little bit of lies and deceit. I just try to do it so I don't really have to be nasty about people. I don't have to talk dirt about people. I've actually told them all, most people straight out, that I might have to lie to you. I might tell you I'm not gonna vote for ya. That's the whole game."

More Rationing Laws at Kota

Marcus and Bob explain the rationing rules to their new members, Ken and Crystal.

Bob: If somebody does something really stupid, like steal something (pulls an orange out of a bag; Susie laughs and Ken looks shocked), we give it to Susie-Q and she splits it up seven ways. We'll split it five now. If they take this, I'm gonna take a machete to the guy's hand who takes it. Basically what we take we split up. Susie Q we put in charge. She splits it up now five ways.

Marcus: We didn't used to do that, but I don't know if Dan ate a lot in your camp, but we talked about...none of us are gonna do that, but in the end, there are times when somebody can't eat all their stuff and the other person will willingly eat it.

Susie: We still have plenty of rice and corn.

Marcus: Bob, at this point...

Susie: What are you thinking, Bob?

Marcus: We obviously need to edit our rationing plan because it doesn't seem to have any, it's not grounded in logic anymore. We've totally missed our worst case scenario about 100 times over.

Bob: We've got, this is our bag of corn and beans, and this is the bag I put aside in case of...

Ken: What is that?

Marcus: It's a bag of rations.

(Ken's shocked)

Marcus: Trust me, we thought all this out.

Ken: Holy crud, that's a lot of food.

Susie: And we're eating twice a day, and then you try to supplement with pears.

Marcus: The goal is breakfast, and then the night before you have a challenge. We try to eat the carbs, and then it's everyone's obligation to try to get more food for lunch. If we get some fish or something, we try to add it to the pot.

Renaming Fang

After joining the Fang Tribe, Corinne decides that it is time to break the curse and change the tribe name.

"Ever since I got to Fang (pronounced "Fong"), it's been dismal. Everyone thinks its cursed, Matty hadn't won more than one reward and one immunity since he'd been here. There's no food, the mosquitos are an infestation. There's a lot of negativity at "Fong". I thought I'd nickname it Fang (pronounced "Fang"), which is what I thought it should have been anyway, since it's F-A-N-G, and then we'd kind of give it a new air. A new air of confidence, a new...just new. I tried to pick the pluses out of it. We have the blankets and pillows, which I think are huge. It's not terrible. For some reason it's 10 degrees warmer here at night. So whatever. I was just trying to give it a new cachet. I thought let's just call it Fang instead of "Fong" because "Fong" just has such a negative meaning. When I would sit there as a Kota and look at the red flag and the name "Fong" it always looked evil, it looked bad, it looked like something I didn't want to be a part of, so I'm trying to make the most of it by renaming it Fang."

Sugar Apologizes to Matty

After Matty told Sugar she made the wrong decision for voting out Ace, Sugar scrambles to align with Matty.

Sugar: I need an ally right now. I felt so bad.

Matty: You gotta stop crying, alright?

Sugar: I know. I know.

Matty: You can't cry so much in this game. You have to be stronger, you have to compse yourself, you have to start attacking so we can (expletive) win. Then you can tell Ace, you can get to Ace and say, "I'm so sorry," or whatever you need to do. It's not even sorry. It's a game. He would have sold you out eventually, probably. You're right. And you're still in the game, that's all that matters. Don't be upset though. We've just gotta figure out how to fix it.

(cut)

Matty: You have no allegiance to Ace.

Sugar: Right.

Matty: You should not feel bad. You would have had to do it eventually. You did it a little early and under bad circumstances...

Sugar: I know.

Matty: (something I didn't hear, something about crying) It's not a big deal. It's a game that you're doing your best at.

(cut)

Sugar: You're right, it's a game, it's cool, but let's just stick together. I need somebody.

Digging for Worms

Marcus teaches Ken the mechanics of fishing as Ken remains in awe of his new camp.

Marcus: If you're just relying on a fishing net, they'll be many days without fish. If you have a fishing net and you're feeding fish traps and you're putting other nets out, you definitely have something work out almost every day, which is cool. It gets harder with fewer people because you can't always be trying to get fish and stuff. It's like my job to try and supplement the food because I always felt real nervous about if we run out and how are we gonna be stronger than them in challenges. My theory is always food. You can tell, just how you feel now, probably pretty good. (they talk about finding worms) You'll see in the stream it only takes half a worm.

Ken: Not even a half, like one-fourth?

Marcus: Exactly.

Ken: You don't wanna put the whole worm in there because they'll just nibble the top off.

Marcus: Yeah, they'll just take the top off. It sucks. It's so frustrating at first, because you take 30 minutes to find 10 worms. Half hour trying to find worms, and in 5 minutes you lose 'em all.

Ken: I know the feeling.

Fang After Winning Immunity

After Matty lead Fang to victory in the immunity challenge, the tribe contemplates who will be voted out of the new Kota Tribe.

Matty (holding the idol): Good job, you guys.

Charlie: Good job to you, man. How about a little more excitement from you? (does a cheer)

Matty: I was just wondering if you guys weren't happy.

Corinne: What are you talking about? You just secured us a position one out of nine.

Matty: I thought you might be worried that Marcus might be going home.

Corinne: Marcus is not going home.

Charlie: He's not going home, you did amazing.

Corinne: That's not even a question.

Charlie: Do you feel amazing on the inside at least? I can't even tell. I want a little more emotion.

Matty: I feel great. I feel super happy.

Randy: I have no idea who...

Corinne: Don't worry.

Randy: No it's great, it's great we won. I hate that it wasn't teamwork though, you did it all yourself.

Matty: It doesn't matter, we got another day here. Three, couple days, whatever.

Randy: Hopefully we move.

Charlie: Crystal did great in that challenge.

(everyone laughs)

(cut)

Matty: Your curse of Crystal is gone.

Randy: Nah, it's still there, it just moved.

Dire Straits

Matty describes his current situation at Fang where the ration of rice is almost gone.

"The rice situation is we're outta rice. We have about half of a meal left, we're cooking it right now. Probably gonna give us about six to ten spoonfuls of rice for about five of us."

(cut)

"What comes next is we just have to suffer. I don't know. We don't have any fishing gear, we don't have any animals around to kill. We really don't have any options. It's pretty frightening. I'm nervous. Today's gonna be a horrible day."

(cut)

"That last meal is the most important because the most important thing out here is to stay another day and in order to stay another day you gotta win these challenges. It's essential we get this meal in us and dominate the challenge today, or one of us is going home."

(cut)

"We can find those pears and we can find those little pumpkin things, but those are about 10 to 15 calories each. They're awul to taste so you've gonna drink water with it just to flush it down. It's a bad situation."

Ken Hopes for a Merge

Before the feast, Ken wishes for a tribe merge to improve his position in the game.

"Today is day 22. I think 8 people are gone, and that leaves 10 of us. Yeah, everybody's expecting the merge today since individual immunity was offered yesterday. Everybody knows that once tribal immunity is gone, and individual immunity is brought into the game, that's usually a merge. I'm hoping for it because we have no rice. If we don't merge today our rice supply is gonna be gone and we're screwed, basically Fang is screwed. Our only source of food right now is rice. I've been living off rice and Gabon pears for 21 days. I've been a vegetarian for 22 days in my life, and for the first time. I've gotta say it's hard. I feel like I've lost 20 pounds already. We're all excited for that feast. I'm gonna go all out and eat like it's the first meal I've ever had. I guess that's why I'm so excited."

Morning in Survivor Ponderosa

Marcus discusses life on Survivor Ponderosa

(Marcus is voted out)

Marcus (solo): It may not seem like it, but it is one long walk out of Tribal Council when you're going out the backdoor. At that moment I was a bit shellshocked. Your former tribe has left with the villains in it that voted me out, and you're almost in shock at the seeming injustice of it all. Next thing you know, they wrap you in this cloak like you're Frodo Baggins and you're sitting there wondering what the hell's going on. I found myself being escorted to the crew base camp and it's a different shellshock, now shellshocked about returning to the normal world.

Marcus (looking in the mirror): I still look like myself, which means I didn't stay in the game long enough.

(Marcus is checked out by a medical person)

Marcus (solo): The few people that are around you are very supportive. They kind of debrief your body and your mind a little bit.

Dr. Claire: It takes a few weeks to start to feel completely normall. you'll start to eat and feel better.

Marcus (solo): They put you on the scale, and I've lost in 24 days about 15 pounds, which is almost 10% of what I came in weighing.

(Marcus talks about how happy he is to have food, and we see him eating)

Marcus (solo): That was probably the highlight of the process of coming back to reality, was just to eat until one's filled. Unforgettable.

Marcus: I can imagine for the people coming out later it will be even more intense.

(the next morning, Marcus wears the cloak again and stands outside a helicopter)

Marcus: I woke up in the night probably three times just thinking about meat and all the food I was eating last night.

Jeff VO: Because the chopper can't fly at night and there are no roads to the Ponderosa, each new jury member has to spend the night at base camp before being transported the next morning to the Ponderosa site.

Marcus (solo): They load us up in this helicopter, and we're just cruising down the coastline, and the chopper at one point spins around to check out some wildlife. You feel like you're on this crazy safari. The next thing you know, suddenly you see this gorgeous lighthouse off on a point. They tell you, 'We're here.' You're in shock. You're thinking, less than 24 hours ago I was sitting in a crappy little hut. You are welcomed with open arms. The first thing people start talking about is what do you want.

Marcus (looks around his room): I thought I'd lost but apparently I've won. (holding a candy bar) This is the one thing I've been thinking about since like day 10. (montage of Marcus eating and talking about what a pleasant transition this is; then we see him raving about his brownie in ice cream)

(cut to Marcus in his boxers)

Marcus: I'm going to begin shaving my beard. (lathers up) The first swipe. I hope I don't cut myself. That would be kind of funny. Part of it's sinking in, the reality of having to shave is you don't need this beard anymore because you're not in the game. It's a little bit of, I don't know if I'd call it sadness, but appreciation of the transition, which is a daily part of the Ponderosa. (cut to Marcus in a towel) It's weird, you don't stink when you're out there, but you just have this essence. This is the cleanest I've been in over a month. (Marcus is dressed and has his first beer) Ponderosa is a place full of distractions. They definitely give us all sorts of options to stay busy. (Marcus plays a video game)

(that night, Marcus is on the beach, starting a fire)

Marcus: Then comes the very bittersweet moment, that part of you that has to acknowledge you are slowly stepping back into the real world, and I miss being out there.

What a Drink is All About

Twenty-four days after isolation from the world, Marcus enjoys a traditional Spanish drink in Survivor Ponderosa

Marcus: This is a traditional Spanish drink called calimocho. It's red wine and coke. It tastes a lot like sangrea, for those of you who have tried it. I swore I was not going to touch any alcoholic beverages when I first got back, but frankly I can't resist the urge to splurge a little bit. That's what happens when you come off of 24 days of complete isolation from the real world. Sort of taking it all in and realizing the things I really craved I craved and some of the things I had no idea I'd really want to be around I'm totally psyched to be around, like a bottle of wine, and coke, and ice. I mean ice. Of the three things in front of me ice is the one thing I'm totally psyched about. I can't believe something frosty cold like this exists. Obviously you want your wine first. (pours the wine) About 60/40. I like to leave the carbonation for the last part there. Fill it up. (pours the Coke) That's calimocho. It's the poor man's sangrea. Cheers. Here's to Ponderosa.

Life on Survivor Ponderosa

Join Marcus as he discusses life on Survivor Ponderosa

(Marcus reads the treemail: Welcome to Ponderosa, where the jury will reside. Now it is time to raise the banner high.)

Marcus: There does happen to be a lighthouse at Ponderosa. The first thing I came upon was this banner. (Marcus goes to the top of the lighthouse and flies the Gabon banner) It took a while to figure out where the ideal positioning was going to be. It is now fluttering high above us at the peak of the lighthouse.

(Marcus goes into the jungle)

Marcus: We're going on a jungle safari. It's kind of weird being back into the jungle, the last time was back in the game. It's a little bittersweet, like everything, but it's also very familiar, whereas the first few days, it was terrifying in a certain way.

(Marcus swings from a branch, then he tells us about how Kota learned to drink from one of the trees, which saved them early on. Then he talks about eating a papaya)

Marcus (back at Ponderosa): The person I am right now is the person I was in the game, but you're forced to play under certain parameters and you're supposed to keep things in your strategy. Here the only strategy is to enjoy your time, kind of heal up, learn to be yourself in the real world and interact with things so you can get back in it (?) again. (shots of Marcus in the ocean) It's going to be a very interesting dilemma almost, with each person that comes across the line, because I personally had a beef with a few people, and it's not something I have to hide. It's going to be ultimate fighting at Ponderosa. (shots of Marcus looking out from the lighthouse) This isn't tribes now, it's almost like a family, because we are contributing the most important part of this game, which is to be the jury that decides who is going to get one million dollars, who is going to be the ultimate Survivor. The immensity of that responsibility starts to weigh on you. It's actually quite a lot to think through.

(the helicopter arrives)

Marcus: We're about to get on the chopper, back up to base camp, to get ready for Tribal Council.

(he gets into the cloak, the chopper, then the car, and is introduced at TC)

--------------------------------

Corinne is absolutely positive Marcus is not getting voted out. Hee hee hee.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •