The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hindsight..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-08, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hindsight..."
Okay, this is WAR! EPMB is pulling out the artillary this season and really pulling the wool over our eyes with different tactics. We need to regroup and nail the remaining boots. Let's chew up this last episode and spit it out again. Clearly, the hints are there, but does it scream misdirection/red herring or not?

With the release of the preview vidcaps, I noted right away that while Crystal was most at risk at the end of the previous episode, yet, there was NO sign of her in the vidcaps....OFG Theory...Ace, Matty, and Sugar were all over the vidcaps.

EPMB is clearly using the Bold Print over the daws this season to misdirect, as was noted with the prior episode where "Biggest Blunder" was stamped over Sugar and the negative blue flashing vidcaps in exchange for the regular vidcaps of Ace used when Ace said "Trust Me"! All this talk about Ace being the snake when the entire time the snake was the evil Sugar....and why not, it fits with the theme of the show...EVE aka Sugar is the one that ate the apple and led Adam/Ace down the garden path as well. Sugar, imo, was the snake and not Ace. Ace never betrayed anyone he pledged his loyalty to.

Anything anyone can add regarding the tactics used this season to throw us off the track, please note!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hindsight... michel 10-31-08 1
 RE: Hindsight... princat 11-01-08 2
 RE: Hindsight... Outfrontgirl 11-01-08 3
   RE: Hindsight... Flowerpower 11-02-08 4
       RE: Hindsight... CTgirl 11-02-08 5
           RE: Hindsight... Caliguy25 11-02-08 6
 Collecting ALL clues here... Flowerpower 11-03-08 7
   RE: Collecting ALL clues here... b1whois 11-03-08 8
   RE: Collecting ALL clues here... michel 11-03-08 9
   RE: Collecting ALL clues here... Outfrontgirl 11-03-08 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-08, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hindsight..."
I don't think it's only EPMB. As Jeff noted, Fang's situation was maddening with everyone being on the chopping block. They had no pecking order so it was difficult to figure them out. We did have Dan picked for Kota after all.

Now that Thong finally started playing the game, it should be easier to figure them out. Ken and Crystal are together so the next boot should be Matty, the outsider, or Sugar to flush out the idol or Crystal if Sugar uses her idol or... See, easy to figure out => Ken is safe.

princat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-01-08, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princat Click to send private message to princat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hindsight..."
I was inspired by that post to write my own comment. I couldn't figure out why I actually didn't appreciate the Ace boot.

You hit the nail on the head. After seeing like a million snakes in that segment. It's not Ace they represent it is Sugar. I am getting so sick of all her stupid facial expressions etc. I also wish she was a better player. If she truly had felt threatened by Ace I could respect her vote. But on exile she even said Ace had been keeping her in the game. Wow she has a short term memory.

Ugh at this point I like no one this season.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-08, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hindsight..."
I'm with you on the war against misdirection!
It's refreshing having them take the trouble this season, and I'm not used to it of late.

Re the snake stuff, if they want to hammer home "garden of Eden" which clearly they do ...

the story is short in Genesis, but in Paradise Lost there's a lot of character development, and the serpent was manipulative, trying to talk Eve into doing stuff not in her best interest. Eve bit. She broke her promises (to Adam).

So I think Sugar is cast as Eve ...
she said Ace worried her because he was the most successfully manipulative person she had ever met ... and when he asked for the idol I think it confirmed all her fears that he was just using her.

I think she should have gotten rid of Crystal, who doesn't like her at all, but to hang onto an immunity idol that you've found fair and square - I would think is her prerogative.

No one would have gone to Yul or Terry and said, I need "our" idol. Seems to me that their was some male bias going on there that assumed the alpha male should have the right to make the decisions about the idol because Sugar was not smart enough to strategize on her own.

The idol was not necessary for that round and Ace should have firmed up his three votes instead of spooking Sugar, IMHO.

Ace made a pretty decent serpent/Lucifer ... in Paradise Lost, Lucifer is not evil, but rather proud, and takes a spectacular fall due that pride and overconfidence, which is sort of the edit Ace got.

The analogy to Eden is all very contrived, of course. The producers want a theme but the story will only oblige so much to conform to the mythology.

11-02-08, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hindsight..."
Great thoughts there, everyone. Absolutely, OFG, I am envigorated with the use of misdirection this season by SEG as well...a very very welcome treat. Yes, it is most definately the perogative of Sugar to use and keep the idol as she saw fit. One could argue that Ken was the snake as well, as he resorted to falsehoods as well to tempt Eve away from her "snake". Yes, last episode, certainly was crawling with snakes.

One thing that we can note is that the boot story is indeed being offered up each week...Most times it is within the misdirection clues, and for one boot it was this past week, "one survivor is paranoid and scrambles for an alliance, alienating the tribe members". This was indeed, Dan. We had no trouble isolating him. But, the second bootee was clearly in the latter promos...I suppose we must examine and analyze every single point made in the promos...cross each one off, so to speak.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-08, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hindsight..."
We need to remember to look at all the clues too. Last week the title of the show told us that Sugar was considering betraying Ace. Vince guessed correctly that Sugar was the swing vote, but then we got off track and never came back to discuss it. I think that with the great collective mind that is Survivor Blows we goofed on that one and should have figured it out.

This is my first season watching Survivor without spoilers and it's great. But you're right FloPo, it's time to get back on track!

surfkitty sig shop 2007

Caliguy25 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-02-08, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Caliguy25 Click to send private message to Caliguy25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hindsight..."
I just love that FINALLY the editors and producers decided to surprise us. That million dollar quote in the first episode of every Survivor was not to be. We thought it was Ace, and that surely wasn't the case. I thought he was going to be another Brian from Thailand...a snake that makes it all the way to the finish.

The characters this year aren't all that great, but i think the game itself could make them more interesting. I think coming into the 2nd part of this game there are going to be lots of betrayals. I find it interesting that Charlie has had such a small part in any of the confessionals...makes me think he is going to get the boot possibly a lot earlier than expected. Surprise surprise...maybe Marcus doesn't walk away with the money, and they get smart and get rid of him

11-03-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
7. "Collecting ALL clues here..."
Title: Apple in the Garden of Eden
Misdirection Clues: 1. The tribes come together for a surfside feast with a tempting twist.
2. The castaways decide to make a shocking sacrifice that many regret.
3. One castaway takes the game into his own hands and lets the power go to his head.

Voiceovers from the promos:
Preview promo: Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor, there's a new leader in Africa...
Randy: <hippo call>
Jeff: ...and they call him, Randy.
Randy: I am king of Gabon. I'm sorry, but I rule. This ocean, it's mine. All those Fang and Kota members, they know the power is shifting. I'm king. Cheers. Whewwwwww! (as he goes skinny dipping).

The PIP promo: Thursday on Survivor the tribes think there's going to be a merger but nothing is ever what it seems.

Promo: Announcer: The Survivors think it's a merge. They think they know the game but what's in this box will shock everyone.
Marcus: This is me crumbling up my playbook and throwing it out the window.

Clearly the boot story is indeed wrapped up in the choice that they make, to have the feast and pay the consequences. The boot will indeed regret the choice.

Will the "King of the new Jungle, Randy" be the boot story or will that just be misdirection?

The highlighted daws in the promos: Randy, Matty, Sugar, Marcus, and on the back burner, Corrine, Charlie, Crystal.

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-08, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Collecting ALL clues here..."
flopo, perhaps you have not noticed the insider analysis i have been working on. it has correctly predicted the last 4 booties with 100% accuracy: GC was everyone's guess, kelly was suspected by about half of our spoilers, as was dan, but ace was a long shot that the insider analysis nailed. so in this season of misdirection we may be able to develop insider analysis for more clues...i am working on this week's analysis and plan to finish it be the end of the day.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Collecting ALL clues here..."
Does this mean I don't have to do the SOTS?

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Collecting ALL clues here..."
acck, I was working my way through the other three topics, the title, the teasers, and the vidcaps, and YES the clues needed to be collected. And I didn't see this had been updated! So I scattered my thoughts over all 3, trying to do some collecting in each topic.

FP wrote:
The highlighted daws in the promos: Randy, Matty, Sugar, Marcus, and on the back burner, Corrine, Charlie, Crystal.

well, I think Randy will be at TC so he can try to exercise his power. Otherwise all the hype is pointless. Going by VG's assessment that Randy is on nuFang (do we know how she put that together? I missed it) --

of the DAWS you list, Randy Matty Sugar Corrine Charlie would be on the tribe going to TC.

Marcus and Crystal would be the pre-IC misdirection, as we can imagine that Marcus is sweating over there with Crystal, Kenny, Susie (who he voted against), Bob (who is considered a possible flipper by the Onions).

Of the Daws you highlight, Marcus is in Danger but if I'm right, not going to TC.

Randy, Matty, Sugar are in my opinion the King or self-proclaimed puppetmaster, and his two possible targets.

Matty or Sugar. Matty is the most logical victim, but Randy and Sugar have some animosity, and she does have the idol. Will she be confident enough not to play it this time, because otherwise she is safe.

How would Randy go home? Only if he's dumb enough to target Sugar without enough votes to protect himself from her possible vote, and Matty's possible vote, and I don't see how he has the votes to do a safe idol flush.

The only safe vote is Matty, and try to worry Sugar into playing the idol.

The teaser does set up Randy to do something overconfident, but I would be surprised if he goes home. If he and Ace both went pre-merge, I can't see how the whole Good vs Evil theme would be able to play out enough in the endgame to justify running with it. (not that Ace was evil, but he was set up by editing to possibly be part of the Evil Empire, and Randy and Corinne are the only others with that edit.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •