The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 8 Website clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-31-08, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 8 Website clues"
I haven't started one of these in a long long time, so what the heck.

-The tribes come together for a surfside feast with a tempting twist.

Sure doesn't sound like they actually merge.

-The castaways decide to make a shocking sacrifice that many regret.

Some sort of sacrifice that means less food in the long run? For instance, they choose to have a feast over rice to get them through the rest of the game?

-One castaway takes the game into his own hands and lets the power go to his head.

This one seems to be Randy based on the preview.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 10-31-08 1
 RE: Ep 8 Website clues michel 10-31-08 2
   RE: Ep 8 Website clues emydi 10-31-08 3
       RE: Ep 8 Website clues redbeard103152 10-31-08 4
 RE: Ep 8 Website clues Brownroach 11-03-08 5
   RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-03-08 6
       RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-03-08 7
           RE: Ep 8 Website clues CTgirl 11-04-08 14
               RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-04-08 15
   RE: Ep 8 Website clues Georjanna 11-03-08 8
       RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-04-08 13
 RE: Ep 8 Website clues Bebo 11-03-08 9
   RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-04-08 10
       exile (non) island? b1whois 11-04-08 11
   RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-04-08 12
       RE: Ep 8 Website clues Bebo 11-05-08 16
           RE: Ep 8 Website clues Brownroach 11-05-08 17
               RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-05-08 19
           RE: Ep 8 Website clues Outfrontgirl 11-05-08 18
 RE: Ep 8 Website clues b1whois 11-06-08 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-08, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
OK, I'll bite! (meaning I'll be first to elicit the groans)

So as clue one includes "tempting" and "twist"
and the title is Apple in the Garden of Eden
i.e. a temptation arguably better refused than selected

we can conclude I think that they choose the temptation
due to clue #2
The castaways decide to make a shocking sacrifice that many regret.

Less food sounds like a good candidate, Corvis

although maybe the feast is a given, and at the feast they have another temptation that requires a sacrifice.

I dunno, but it's interesting that there's no focus on challenges whatsoever, given that it doesn't sound like a merge.

The last clue is clearly King Randy.

If the theme of Good vs Evil pervades the season, with Ace gone, it looks to me like Randy will head Team Evil, possibly abetted by the Wicked *itch of Gabon, Corinne.

Marcus and Charlie are GOOD, surely.
Matty is GOOD, but friendless.
Crystal is BAD, but Randy doesn't like her.
Sugar is GOOD.
Kenny is a player. I think that's good.
Susie is BAD, but the other BAD people don't like her.
Bob is GOOD but incredibly annoying.

If the boot story is included in these clues, it could be that Randy controls the boot or that the person most blamed for making the shocking decision gets booted by those who regret.

But it would be more interesting if Clue #2 was the Boot Story and the answer was they all agreed to shockingly sacrifice Susie or Crystal to the mercy of an enraged hippo, and for that they get chocolate and peanut butter. But I'm not sure who would regret that decision. Not "many."

Maybe they choose to sacrifice their clothes for feast, and that's why they're naked. Because it's Eden, and they didn't wear clothes in Eden. I'm sure there would be regrets when they woke up the next morning. I know America would be sorry.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-08, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
Hi Corvis:

You're right in saying it isn't a merge because the players still had their yellow and red buffs during the feast. (OK, colors have been altered before but then why give a clue that goes against that trick?)

Unless the players are as stupid as they were in Thailand, wearing their original buffs should tell them what's going on.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-08, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
I agree, no official merge. If Uthong loses again, Matty could be toast at Sugar's hands not Ace's as I originally thought!

and there's no more ? about when will Corrine be biyotchy!

And OFG, you give WWWs a bad name by putting Corrine in the group!!!!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-31-08, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
Emy Things are looking that way to me too. I think our little Eve will be responsible for getting the two major Fang Adams kicked out of the garden of Eden. The real snake has been uncovered and a surprise contestant has been added to team evil.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"

Some sort of sacrifice that means less food in the long run? For instance, they choose to have a feast over rice to get them through the rest of the game?

I think the feast does play into the sacrifice so you may be right about them getting less food down the line. But it also sounds like the "many" are going to "regret" the choice right away, so I don't think that part is about the food.

The box at the feast says don't open this until you've finished eating. So if they chose not to eat the feast, most likely they would not have to open the box, which must contain the message that there is another tribal switch.

That would make a number of people unhappy, if by rejecting the feast they could have remained in their current tribe configuration.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

11-03-08, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
That sounds like a temptation, but then there must be another message giving them a choice not to eat the feast, which we don't see.

We see a message on the box that says when they are finished enjoying the feast, to open the box, and no more feast after the box. This message carries an assumption that they are indeed eating the feast. There is no choice in it. The message they find in the box will be the same no matter how much of the feast they enjoy or even if they don't feast, as far as what we are shown.

Now if there are two set-ups, one with a feast and a mystery box, and another with something else (not feast) -- then choosing the feast would be choosing the temptation. But we have no intimation from the vidcaps about this.

Another way they might have CHOSEN or been TEMPTED to feast would be if Jiffy gave them a choice prior to the feast. Again, we don't see this.

Assume for the sake of argument there was no set-up with a choice, just a feast and a mystery box to be opened at the end. In that case, the CHOICE or TEMPTING TWIST is a choice they will be tempted with once they open the box and has nothing to do with enjoying the feast at all.

What would it be? I don't know.

Why would the feast itself be no strings? Um, because the producers want them to get drunk, celebrate the "merge" - and make a foolish choice informed by alcohol and letting down their guard?

11-03-08, 05:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
Back to the teasers:

As I just argued, I think the "tempting twist" is a temptation they find in the box that comes "with" the feast, not the feast itself. The feast is planned as the way the producers will fool the castaways into thinking there's a merge by Thailanding them.

What is in the box? Either one temptation they can take or refuse, or two options to choose between.

The second teaser says

The choice must be a majority in the first place and may even be unanimous, as it says "the castaways decide." Doesn't really hint at a rift here. If many regretted it at the time they made the choice, as in dissenting, at most the many would be 4 out of 10.

So I'm thinking the regret comes when they find out what is entailed.
This might be as simple as the tribe reshuffle, or something to do with future food, I'm just trying to sort out the sequence of the temptation so we can speculate.

Then what about "shocking sacrifice"? Do they know it's a sacrifice when they pick it? Or do they pick and then learned it is a sacrifce (SHOCKING) which they promptly REGRET? (apparently many but not all have regrets) That seems more likely to me.

I think the big question here is whether all this talk of the temptation and sacrifice refers to something they pick that results in the swap. Perhaps WHAT they pick determines which tribe they're now on.

Or is there more than what we've been shown, and is there some sacrifice that involves a hardship, or perhaps deferring the merge more than one episode, I don't know.

third clue
-One castaway takes the game into his own hands and lets the power go to his head.

Sticking with my idea that more often than not the teasers are written sequentially, the first two are I think a ONE TWO punch of FEAST & CONSCEQUENCES of their choice. The last one could be much later, even between IC and TC. Just because we saw Randy gloating at the feast, this could be about something he does later.

My guess is that, with the Onion alliance cast to the winds momentarily, Randy steps out on his own to make a move. Perhaps a game-changing move.

Now if this is Randy, and this clue does apply to late in the episode, that indicates to me that Randy's tribe is going to TC. Otherwise there's no need to focus on his move.

Another possible interpretation is that Randy decides to take the game in his hands and throw the challenge to protect his Onion Alliancers on the other side, in which case Randy's tribe still goes to TC ... and Randy's confidence in his own safety will be put to the test.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-08, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
I just noticed that the press release puts one of the clues in sequence for us:

After one power drunk castaway decides to take the game into their own hands, the tribes are faced with a brutal endurance challenge that comes down to a nail-biting showdown.

It does seem to hint that Randy/Fang tries to influence the outcome of the challenge. But would Matty throw the challenge? I don't think so. It could be Matty versus Marcus in the nail-biting showdown.

11-04-08, 08:00 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
hey, thank you so much for bringing that over, CTgirl.
I hadn't seen it.

so it confirms that tribes (plural) are competing.

I do think it could be Marcus v Matty in the showdown.

You point out the sequence is more clear now. The power drunk person is clearly Randy from Jeff's voiceover in the preview, and his decision seems to be connected to the ensuing IC.

I already spec'd that Randy would pitch throwing the challenge to Corinne and Charlie prior to the IC, not knowing what it would be or how easy to throw, I do see this new clue as going along with that.

The question is, does the victory go to the cumulative best time as in Thailand Ep 8, or to the tribe with the last person standing? If the latter, Randy et al can't really throw it. Is there an individual immuntiy in play? Lots we don't know. We do see Charlie and Corinne competing, but WHEN in the challenge is hard to say.

I hope the challenge is cumulative time because that reinforces the tribal aspect of the competition.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-03-08, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
I've been thinking about the connection that the message on the box makes to the length of the feast. In other words, unlike most of the show's food rewards, the players and not the producers controlled its duration.

So, given that usually there is far more food and drink available at these things than the contestants can comfortably consume in one sitting, I wonder if the message inside the box was time sensitive and the 'temptation' was the mystery of the box itself. So that, like children eyeing a Christmas present that begs opening before breakfast is finished, they prematurely ripped the box open only to discover that, had they enjoyed their meal (and communal fellowship) a bit longer (say, 'til dawn) they would have reached merge rather than initiated yet another reconfiguration of their separate tribes.

Or, I suppose it could have worked the other way 'round: foregoing eating and drinking themselves silly - finishing their meal and returning to the Game within a timeframe that demonstrated an admirable Survivor work ethic - they would have been spared another reshuffling.

Or not ...

G

11-04-08, 01:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
One thing though about being spared, is that merging is a mixed bag depending on where you're positioned. This swap is also a mixed bag, potentially a reprieve for some and a curse for others.

Also I do not believe there is any intent on the producers part to let them simply merge. None. Jiffy says in his blog the intent was to pull one over and shock them. Therefore if the players had it in their hands to control the outcome of merge or swap, the producers could have had their big twist neutralized. I don't think they would set it up that way.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
I'm wondering if the twist or shocking sacrifice could refer to the merge...and if they are given a choice on whether or not to merge now. NuKota, feeling comfortable with their current position, and hoping that NuFang could force Sugar to play the idol, vote not to merge.

Then after the feast comes part 2...no merge means a tribal swap. With Marcus ending up alone and as a target on his new tribe, he and his fellow onions would definitely be feeling regret.

11-04-08, 00:22 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
Thats a really interesting idea, Bebo!

Although, the caps of the feasting and playing around look to me like a group that believes it's become one tribe.

Whatever the twist is, needs to fit in with Jeff's blog hype:

Next week – we finally pull one over on this group of Survivors. A small victory, but it felt so good that I want to brag about it early. I think you'll love it and you will shake your head in amazement at the "never happened before" moment that occurs as a result.

Finally? I hadn't noticed them trying and failing in the sense of surprising ... although the other swap was a failure if the intent was to equalize the tribes in competitive ability and functionality.

Who does he want to brag about fooling? Indeed, maybe Marcus and his alliance are just too secure about their future.

Now what is the mechanism? It must be some kind of TRICK, I'm thinking, such as what you propose, because of the wording "pull one over."

So perhaps it's not a situation where the producers EVER planned to give the players an opportunity to merge. That makes me think the whole temptation angle is sort of bogus, in that it implies resisting temptation would have helped them avoid the swap.

The players are meant to walk into this twist and get their minds' blown, and I'd be surprised if it's set up with an out. How they get swapped probably has some variable to it. I can't recall any past swap where the producers assigned who is swapped where once the game had begun and alliances formed.

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-08, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "exile (non) island?"
i dont know what it means, but there is no mention of exile or tribal council...

11-04-08, 00:33 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-08 AT 01:09 AM (EST)

The thing is, they are holding hands ...
Bob has his arm around Kenny
Marcus is holding Sugar's hand, looks like.
Randy and Kenny are hugging.

Lots of shots of everyone coming together, and already drinking beer, so would this fit with having just voted not to actually merge? What do you think, Bebo?

Also the voiceover on the promo says that the castaways think they are merging but what's in the box will shock them. This supports, IMHO, my idea that there is no clear vote or choice put to them prior to the feast.

I am not convinced any one thing happens yet, just looking at what evidence we have that might support or disprove each theory.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-08, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
Lots of shots of everyone coming together, and already drinking beer, so would this fit with having just voted not to
actually merge? What do you think, Bebo?

I wouldn't be surprised for everyone to be in a festive mood with that spread in front of them. Kota would be excited about the food and keeping their advantage, while Fang would be psyched about having good food for once.

I just keep looking at those shots of Crystal and Marcus in the challenge. That challenge is tribal, judging from the buffs, but it looks like it could have been individual as well. Were the producers hedging their bets by having a challenge that could be team or individual?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-08, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-08 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

Were the producers hedging their bets by having a challenge that could be team or individual?

I always suspected in Thailand that if anyone had switched tribes when it was offered earlier (Shii Ann and Stephanie considered it but didn't), that the real merge would have occurred when they had the fake merge. The first several tribal challenges after that were very easy to retool as individual challenges.

ETA: but the problem I have here with them being offered the choice to merge or not is that production would have to be prepared to deal with either decision. But what would happen if they chose to merge? Would Jeff have to tell them, "Sorry, I lied, you can't merge." It seems like production would only be capable of putting something over on them if they chose not to merge.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

11-05-08, 04:53 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
>>>But what would happen if they chose to merge? Would Jeff have to tell them, "Sorry, I lied, you can't merge." It seems like production would only be capable of putting something over on them if they chose not to merge.

This is what I have been arguing (somewhere, I can't keep track of all my posts yesterday!) The producers planned to not merge them. That is my read on what Jiffy said. The only question on production side I think was whether the castaways would fall for it hook line and sinker ... and they did, so WooHoo! and Jeff is "bragging" about it because of that.

By "fall for it" I don't mean make the non-merge decision. I mean fall for the fake merge by getting all comfy at the feast. Thailand was 6 years ago, after all.

I do expect there will be something different about this fake merge that allows Jeff to say it's a never before seen. (different players, different location? )

Let us not then suspect our happy state left so imperfect by the Maker wise, as not secure to single or combined.
Frail is our happiness if this be so, and Eden were no Eden thus exposed." ~ John Milton, Paradise Lost, IX

11-05-08, 04:19 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
Re hedging their bets --
they used a similar challenge in Thailand for the week (Ep8) that they continued to delay the merge but had tribes living on one beach. It was the breathing underwater through a snorkel challenge.

We argued all week if it was really tribal, the buff colors being the only evidence that it was.

A challenge may be devised and story-boarded earlier in the season to go either way. So it could have been changed on the fly due to some choice, or it could have been devised to go either way because earlier they/producers had not decided when the merge would be.

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-06-08, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep 8 Website clues"
came up with this theory driving home: at the feast everyone can drink. there is a choice between eating and looking for another HII. randy and possibly marcus or matty choose to look for the HII instead of eating at the feast. randy finds the HII2. that is the tempting twist and shocking sacrifice.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •